PDA

View Full Version : Goal That Broke Your Heart/Made you Cry

Scouse Hibee
04-12-2011, 08:38 PM
No contest for me............................Standing on the Kop, a Friday night in 1989 looking forward to the celebrations in the pub and then...Michael Thomas scores for Arsenal :boo hoo:

Jonnyboy
04-12-2011, 08:39 PM
No contest for me............................Standing on the Kop, a Friday night in 1989 looking forward to the celebrations in the pub and then...Michael Thomas scores for Arsenal :boo hoo:

Kjell Olaffsson for Dundee United to send Hibs down :boo hoo:

SteveHFC
04-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Tsartas 1st goal in extra-time:boo hoo:

SteveHFC
04-12-2011, 08:40 PM

That was my first season as a season ticket holder :boo hoo:

Love the Green
04-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Too many to mention following Hibs and City for over 50 years.

"keep the faith":thumbsup:

Diclonius
The goal that made me the angriest in recent years was Obua's winner at ER a couple years ago. And Stephen Elliott last season immideately after we went in front, having missed what seemed like 10 easy chances. :grr:

Bostonhibby
Arthur Duncan scoring the own goal in the 2nd SC final replay in 1979 to give the Hun a 3-2 win, couldn't bring myself to blame him, wasn't his fault but never deserved that to happen - we should have finished them off before then.

snooky
04-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Hearts 2nd goal in the 6-2 game. :boo hoo:
It made the score respectable

tamig
04-12-2011, 08:46 PM

That goal actually sparked wild celebrations for me.

There have been a few Hertz goals that have left me gutted;

Fat Stamp's

Fat Foster's

The equaliser in the 4-4 game

in fact, a lot of Hertz goals against us have left me gutted.

HibeeMackenzie
04-12-2011, 08:48 PM
Dunfermlines penalty in the scottish cup semi final

Billy Whizz
04-12-2011, 08:49 PM
Semi final v Dundee Utd at Hampden when Mowbray was the Manager. Hibs went 1-0 up with around 15 mins to go and Jason Scotland scored a late double to put United through! Never have felt so low after a game

The_Famous_HFC
04-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Livi's second in the cis final.

Hainan Hibs
04-12-2011, 08:51 PM
The 3rd goal "that" Semi Final.

I've never hated any football player, or any human for that matter, as much as I hated Zibbi that day. I had to get carried out of the stadium as I was about to go running on the pitch.

:a bite:

Now, on a happier note....

Luna's 2nd against AEK. Pandemonium when that hit the net, ended up under about 8 bodies! Was such a fantastic feeling to have turned the tie against a very decent team to say the least. Wasn't to be on the night but what a game and atmosphere.

(Nae idea why there is a light bulb at the top my post!)

Eyrie
04-12-2011, 08:53 PM
Ditto.

Normally I can handle my whisky, but I drank that much I was blacking out on the train home.

TheEastTerrace
04-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Wayne Foster. That is all.

Broken Gnome
04-12-2011, 09:13 PM
Being upset at football's a funny thing, depends on a lot of circumstances. Some potential heartbreakers don't seem too bad in hindsight, all four Hearts goals in the semi for instance, or both Livi goals at Hampden, compared to seemingly less harrowing moments.

Top/bottom five.

Jason Scotland in the semi-final.

Henrik Larsson's first in the 3-0 cup final. The point when a tall order became the most distant of dreams.

Ross County's winner.

Goal number eight in the 4-4 game was the most visibly upset I've been.

Nothing will ever beat the numbness of Jim Mcintyre's penalty though. Soul-destroying.

KWJ
04-12-2011, 09:16 PM
Aberdeen's 2nd in the SC semi in 2000. Was it Andy Dow?

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Standing behind the goal that McFadden scored into at The Parc des Princes after the final whistle went i'll admit to (ahem!) having a tiny wee tear in my eye!
In contrast, that semi final had nae effect on me at all, I think it had something to do with expecting a tanking when i heard our line-up!

Sean1875
04-12-2011, 09:20 PM
THAT semi-final, take your pick.

hibb1
04-12-2011, 09:24 PM
Ally mccoist overhead kick in skol cup final ahm sure he got the goldenballs tag then pre beckham

heidtheba
04-12-2011, 09:26 PM

This

Mind you, Hunter's goal at Tynie was a v emotional one (but for the right reasons!)

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-12-2011, 09:29 PM
ThisMind you, Hunter's goal at Tynie was a v emotional one (but for the right reasons!) Deffo! There was a fair bit of emotion on show in The McLeod Street end that day!

Don Giovanni
04-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Kjell Olaffsson for Dundee United to send Hibs down :boo hoo: :agree: I don't think I cried. If I recall correctly I sat in dumbfounded, disbelieving silence and trudged out, numb, with my Dad at Full Time. Being Hibs this was not the first nor indeed the last time that particular scene has played out but without doubt the lowest moment following Hibs I can recall. :boo hoo:

calumhibee1
04-12-2011, 09:46 PM
Jim McIntyres penalty, I genuinely thought we could have went on and won the double that season. :boo hoo: the 6th Motherwell goal in the 6-6 game with Motherwell, I could happily of ran on the pitch and ripped Graeme Smiths head off, one of the lowest moments as a Hibs fan. :boo hoo:. Tsartas' goal in extra time as well was a bitter pill to swallow. Would only have been 10 at the time and had never experienced anything like that night before. Although that's slightly different from the other two as it's still definitely a high point of being a Hibby that game.:agree:

CallumLaidlaw
04-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Ally mccoist overhead kick in skol cup final ahm sure he got the goldenballs tag then pre beckham

Mine too :agree:

leither17
04-12-2011, 09:53 PM
Mine too :agree:

me 3

TowerHibs
04-12-2011, 10:01 PM

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

MrSmith
04-12-2011, 10:03 PM

Yes ^ it is still painful 20 years on - that is all!:dummytit:

Sweep
04-12-2011, 10:26 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHkKrNLvHrM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

That's my one as well. :boo hoo:

essexhibee
04-12-2011, 10:51 PM
Hearts equaliser in the 2-2 at ER last season. Went from absolute jubilation and relief with Vaz Te's goal to complete anger and despair with the equaliser. The best chance in years to beat them and we didn't.

Kammy1875
04-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Aberdeen's 2nd in the SC semi in 2000. Was it Andy Dow?

Mines too. A ****ing peach of a goal too.

Makaveli
04-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Tears were shed at Stirling Albion, the relegation game and the Livi final, but the biggest ever sickener for me was McNamara's opener in the SC final. Until then I actually thought we could do it.

With Archie, Latapy and Zitelli in the side I still reckon we would have. ****ing Hibs, eh?

zlatan
04-12-2011, 11:21 PM
First goal to reduce me to tears was Larssons second in the 2001 cup final. 13 years old and I was howling.

Northernhibee
04-12-2011, 11:39 PM
Hearts equaliser in the 2-2 at ER last season. Went from absolute jubilation and relief with Vaz Te's goal to complete anger and despair with the equaliser. The best chance in years to beat them and we didn't.

Yep, that felt like a defeat. Beyond gutting.

iwasthere1972
04-12-2011, 11:43 PM
The only time I have been reduced to tears was in 1974 when Scotland got knocked out the World Cup in West Germany despite not losing any of their group games. I distinctly remember my dad looking at me as if to say "Grow up son it's only a match". Pubs only opened back then between 11am-2.30pm and 5.00pm-10.00pm and I was straight up the pub waiting for it to open to console myself over a few beers. :boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

monktonharp
05-12-2011, 01:07 AM
me too, that wee turd came on after 6 month lay off I think, lucky we torag, and Leighton never deserved that, or the great Hibs support at Celtic park that day.I also remember the "band" at half time, an offshoot of some local flit band , or certainly played like one.:brickwall

Auckland Hibs
05-12-2011, 03:32 AM
In order of tears;

1. Wayne Foster.
2. McIntyres Pen in Semi.
3. McCoist Overhead Kick.
4. Livi Final.
5. Semi V Yams.

Auckland Hibs
05-12-2011, 03:37 AM
Mines too. A ****ing peach of a goal too.

Actually, this one was a hefty kick in the nads also - remember there being around 2500 sheep ****gers at the game due the kick-off time.

:grr:

PeeJay
05-12-2011, 06:51 AM
Jack Charlton's headed equaliser against us back in 68(?) - we really deserved to win that game and Wilson was supposed to have taken more than four steps giving them a free kick, which was converted by Charlton - Leeds were a huge team at the time and we more than matched them!

Andy74
05-12-2011, 09:22 AM

Is this not best for the Liverpool site?

The_Exile
05-12-2011, 10:29 AM
My telly broke during the 1994 World Cup Final in the USA, was in tears for that as I didn't have another telly.

As for Goals, Kjell Olafsson, no contest, remember it well, he was a cracking player, that Utd team had a few really good players in it.

sambajustice
05-12-2011, 10:36 AM
United Relegation at ER - especially after the jubilation of Brebner getting the opener.

Livi Final - cos we went and thought it was in the bag and we got rolled over. That journey back from Hampden was just awful. It took forever! i jumped on a "special" at Central and it took about an hour and a half to get back - at least!

Hearts beating Der Hun in 1998 was pretty awful as well - 2 weeks after we went down as well.

Ummm, to be honest, i'm absolutely sick any time the brown shirts score against us!!

Spike Mandela
05-12-2011, 10:43 AM
The lowest I felt after a Hibs game was the LC semi final defeat to Ayr Utd that pretty much spelt the end for Sauzee as manager. I really had thought appointing Sauzee was the beginning of a new legendary era at ER like someone from the Anfield boot room, I so wanted it to work.

The best feeling for me was the millenium Derby and Sauzee's goal at Tynie. It really felt like Hibs were top dogs again and we had the Big team in our pockets.

Fletcher's first in the Cup Final against Killie was also pretty special. That's when you knew our name was on the cup.

Scouse Hibee
05-12-2011, 10:47 AM

Why? There are plenty of non Hibs goals mentioned on this thread, what's your point???

Andy74
05-12-2011, 10:55 AM
Why? There are plenty of non Hibs goals mentioned on this thread, what's your point???

As Hibs fans we have had years of disaster and heartbreaking moments and goals against us.

You've chosen to start a thread on a Hibs site about the goal that most broke your heart and it has nothing to do with Hibs. Obviously this was therefore more important to you than anything against Hibs and it would seem best suited to me to be on the site of the team that means more to you.

Do Liverpool fans ordinarily have a similar thread where their heartbreaking moment was Wayne Foster scoring against Hibs? Seems a bit strange to me.

A couple of people have mentioned Scotland games which also seem bizarre to me in the scale of things but no-one has mentuoned another club as far as I can see.

MSK
05-12-2011, 11:25 AM
As Hibs fans we have had years of disaster and heartbreaking moments and goals against us.

You've chosen to start a thread on a Hibs site about the goal that most broke your heart and it has nothing to do with Hibs. Obviously this was therefore more important to you than anything against Hibs and it would seem best suited to me to be on the site of the team that means more to you.

Do Liverpool fans ordinarily have a similar thread where their heartbreaking moment was Wayne Foster scoring against Hibs? Seems a bit strange to me.

A couple of people have mentioned Scotland games which also seem bizarre to me in the scale of things but no-one has mentuoned another club as far as I can see.In case you forgot ..

The messageboard for all Hibs fans to chat about Hibs and football in general. :wink:

Scouse Hibee
05-12-2011, 12:12 PM

A couple of people have mentioned Scotland games which also seem bizarre to me in the scale of things but no-one has mentuoned another club as far as I can see.

Oh I see, silly me I do apologise if I have offended any Hibs fans by starting a thread that has generated some interest despite the first post being about a goal scored against Liverpool!

Please inform me if you would also like me to change my avatar, and lastly can you also point me in the direction of the application forms to join The Hibs.net Police!!!!

Bad Martini
05-12-2011, 12:16 PM

As is noted below, but for yer info:
"The messageboard for all Hibs fans to chat about Hibs and football in general."

:agree:

At what point did you become chief content editor for hibs.net like? Your sum contribution to this thread was to rip the pish oot the OP for posting something ye didny like??? Pish. Ye canny add something positive to the thread, why add anything?

In case you forgot ..

The messageboard for all Hibs fans to chat about Hibs and football in general. :wink:

:thumbsup:

Regards the point of the thread. Aye, I can relate to that Thomas goal mate. Seen it many times since. However, whilst heart breaking at the time (a good bit younger) it was equally tearful seeing that FA Cup being lifted that year. No doubt about it. It meant more than that league and unfortunately, arsenal wanted it more on that day. Conversely, we needed that FA Cup that year. What brought a bigger tear to my eye was seeing the King talking about that....and putting aside European Cup winners medals, League Cup medals, FA Cup medals and everything else in the game, putting ALL that to the side and citing the 89 FA Cup win as THEE most important win from his entire career. Canny buy class like that.

Regards painful goals, that first goal against celtic in the SC final a few years ago was hard to take but the second killed it and at that point, we seen what was widely expected as a real chance disappear. ***** Larrsson.

GGTTH/WALK ON.

ENDOF

Scouse Hibee
05-12-2011, 12:33 PM
As is noted below, but for yer info:
"The messageboard for all Hibs fans to chat about Hibs and football in general."

:agree:

At what point did you become chief content editor for hibs.net like? Your sum contribution to this thread was to rip the pish oot the OP for posting something ye didny like??? Pish. Ye canny add something positive to the thread, why add anything?

:thumbsup:

Regards the point of the thread. Aye, I can relate to that Thomas goal mate. Seen it many times since. However, whilst heart breaking at the time (a good bit younger) it was equally tearful seeing that FA Cup being lifted that year. No doubt about it. It meant more than that league and unfortunately, arsenal wanted it more on that day. Conversely, we needed that FA Cup that year. What brought a bigger tear to my eye was seeing the King talking about that....and putting aside European Cup winners medals, League Cup medals, FA Cup medals and everything else in the game, putting ALL that to the side and citing the 89 FA Cup win as THEE most important win from his entire career. Canny buy class like that.

Regards painful goals, that first goal against celtic in the SC final a few years ago was hard to take but the second killed it and at that point, we seen what was widely expected as a real chance disappear. ***** Larrsson.

GGTTH/WALK ON.

ENDOF

Yes very good point, I was at both of the semi's and the final and you're right the importance of bringing the FA cup back to Liverpool in 89 was massive.

One Day Soon
05-12-2011, 12:42 PM
The second Dutch goal in 1978. Right up until that moment I honestly thought we might still do it. I've never recovered from that where the Scottish national side is concerned. 14 years old and absolutely gutted.

Biggie
05-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Livi League Cup Final...was my birthday and went there with high hopes of a great day out and a great end to my day.....hmmmm

Newry Hibs
05-12-2011, 12:51 PM
Another non-Hibs one. Luton Town FA cup semi 1985 versus Everton (best team in England then). 'We' outplayed them and were leading 1-0 until 86 minutes when a free kick equalised. All the Luton fans just knew the chance had gone and did in extra time.

Later that year, the league cup final against Aberdeen. My first final. Lots of hope and expectations totally lost with 2 goals in first 15 minutes or so.

bournehibby
05-12-2011, 12:54 PM
First Dunfermline goal in the SC semi April 1965. We had had an amazing season under Big Jock, and I was convinced we could go ahead and win the Holy Grail. We never turned up that day, and a very accomplished Pars side simply got in top gear and swept us aside. That was the season we dominated (yes really) the OF.
Seventeen years old and thought the world was at an end :wink:

bh

hibsbollah
05-12-2011, 12:55 PM
As Hibs fans we have had years of disaster and heartbreaking moments and goals against us. You've chosen to start a thread on a Hibs site about the goal that most broke your heart and it has nothing to do with Hibs. Obviously this was therefore more important to you than anything against Hibs and it would seem best suited to me to be on the site of the team that means more to you. Seems a bit strange to me. A couple of people have mentioned Scotland games which also seem bizarre to me in the scale of things but no-one has mentuoned another club as far as I can see.What a ferocious load of pishsplaffing. Scouses choice of hearbreaking goal is a lot less bizarre than some of your previous assertions, such as Alan O'Brien being good and Fred Goodwin being an alround good guy.Back to the OP, mine was when England scandously knocked out Roger Milla's Cameroon against the run of play in Italia 90. It seemed like all the justice had drained out of the world.

tamig
05-12-2011, 01:10 PM

Sore head Andy? Lighten up a bit bud.

KeithTheHibby
05-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Goals to forget;

McCoist scoring that lucky overhead kick in the cup final.

Foster scoring that goal in the cup tie.

Goals to remember;

Wee Russ scoring the sixth against the yam bams was truly amazing.

Not a goal more the occasion - walking away from Hampden back in 1991 after we beat the huns in the Skol cup semi, a great moment following the cabbage.

Boozy and GoC scoring against that mob to end their run back in 2006, don't think I have ever went so mental at a game!

alfieboi75
05-12-2011, 02:07 PM
The 5 1 defeat to St Johnstone still nips my heid....

I do hope that Hibs will return the favour one day with a greater scoreline.

Eggchaser
05-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Foster goal and McCoist goal at Parkhead are my two main ones.

However on 1/10/95 (I have looked it up) Robertson scored an equaliser against us in injury time in a sunday live game when they were down to 10 men. Felt truly sickening. I'm surprised that this one hasn't been mentioned yet on this thread.

hibees4life89
05-12-2011, 03:00 PM
November 2002.................. phil stamps last minute goal at easter road was a hard one to take.

Andy74
05-12-2011, 03:04 PM
Sore head Andy? Lighten up a bit bud.

Fair enough, and the head is fine!

I can't see this the other way round, can you? A Liverpool fan posting on a Liverpool site about the top heartbreaking goal and sugesting it was Wayne Foster at Easter Road.

If the fella was actually a Hibs fan then maybe the Liverpool board wouldn't have been the place for it.

MWHIBBIES
05-12-2011, 03:07 PM
This thread has ruined my day, thanks guys :wink:

Livi final and the Hearts semi are the worst for me.

I also hated watching the huns celebrate winning the league at Easter Road 2 years ago, made my skin crawl.

Scouse Hibee
05-12-2011, 03:19 PM
Fair enough, and the head is fine!

I can't see this the other way round, can you? A Liverpool fan posting on a Liverpool site about the top heartbreaking goal and sugesting it was Wayne Foster at Easter Road.

If the fella was actually a Hibs fan then maybe the Liverpool board wouldn't have been the place for it.

I really don't get your problem with this??

Do Liverpool mean more to me than Hibs? Yes naturally, I think your hometown team that you were brought up supporting and attending games will always be your first team no matter where you live.

I was a ST holder at Anfield, I have lived in Edinburgh since 92 when I got my first ST at Easter Road, I still have a ST at Easter road and support Hibs home and sometimes away. I am of course passionate about Hibs but that passion will never be the same or intense as my passion for Liverpool. I decided to start a thread that I thought would generate some interest and used a genuine example to start it off. I could have lied and stated a goal against Hibs, there have been many that have genuinely left me gutted but just not as much as that one against Liverpool.

skyehibee
05-12-2011, 03:48 PM
The 1999/2000 season Scottish cup semi final vs Aberdeen. Latapy scoring for us to put us in the lead before an aberdeen come back and 2 goals resulting in a 2-1 victory for them. For some reason this will always live down as a horrible game for me, and that feeling i had after the game, i haven't felt for a long while!

Spike Mandela
05-12-2011, 04:26 PM
The 1999/2000 season Scottish cup semi final vs Aberdeen. Latapy scoring for us to put us in the lead before an aberdeen come back and 2 goals resulting in a 2-1 victory for them. For some reason this will always live down as a horrible game for me, and that feeling i had after the game, i haven't felt for a long while!

Yip Brilliant latapy goal deserving of winning the game as well. If memory serves Aberdeen pretty much collapsed against Rangers in the Final and I always thought we would have given the Huns a much trickier game.

Andy74
05-12-2011, 06:29 PM
I really don't get your problem with this??

Sorry, I don't really have a problem with it and there was no need to carry this on - just being an erse. Apologies.

Scouse Hibee
05-12-2011, 06:44 PM
Sorry, I don't really have a problem with it and there was no need to carry this on - just being an erse. Apologies.

Nae bother mate :aok: Cheers.

seven nowt
05-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Scott Boyd - Ross County in the semi's.

Kammy1875
05-12-2011, 08:02 PM
Yip Brilliant latapy goal deserving of winning the game as well. If memory serves Aberdeen pretty much collapsed against Rangers in the Final and I always thought we would have given the Huns a much trickier game.

Leighton done his mouth in 5 mins gone and Robbie Winters had to go in goal. Hid last ever career game too :rolleyes:

TheMentalHibees
05-12-2011, 08:10 PM
That semi, semi vs dundee utd, livi cup final, and pretty much any defeat to Hearts.

Eyrie
05-12-2011, 08:30 PM
Livi League Cup Final...was my birthday and went there with high hopes of a great day out and a great end to my day.....hmmmm
Just to make you feel even worse - the 1991 LC final was on my birthday, and it was a great day :na na:

bigkenny
05-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Teófilo Cubillas: 1978, Peru v Scotland. Johnny Rep: 1978, Netherlands v Scotland.
Eric Black and Billy Stark: 1985 at Hampden.

yekimevol
05-12-2011, 09:44 PM

yeh that has to be the most recent one. i still believed in caldo that day, if we won we could make the top six and same old us we messed it up.

Pretty Boy
05-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Wayne ****ing Foster.

I was only about 7 or 8 at the time and didn't understand how we lost that game, I still don't. We battered them and that happened, still hurts.

The McCoist one was bad but there was an inevitably about it.

wazoo1875
06-12-2011, 01:41 AM
Aberdeen riding us in the 85 league cup final. I was 11 and in tears :-(

Steve-O
06-12-2011, 08:18 AM
That Kyle goal last new year was a tad annoying considering I was just back for a few weeks from New Zealand. Had my Kiwi ladyfriend there and had talked up how great the derby was and all that...then we lose with 4 minutes remaining. I didn't bother speaking for about an hour afterwards!

I also had severe rage after that Aberdeen semi final in 2000 (or was it 99?) when Dow scored.

hibsbollah
06-12-2011, 09:20 AM
Teófilo Cubillas: 1978, Peru v Scotland... Good call. Ally McLeod hadnt bothered scouting Peru because they were assumed to be walkovers and the weegie rod stewart-fueled press told us we'd walk it. Then Cubilas walks in and my seven year old life turned upside down.

HibbyDave
06-12-2011, 05:36 PM
For me it must be the time when Hearts scored their third in the champions league final against Barcelona last year. The two other goals late on were just them showing off!

Oh thank ***** I've just woke up and it was all a dream/NIGHTMARE:thumbsup:
:bye::bye::bye:

GGTTH

lyonhibs
06-12-2011, 10:08 PM
Phil Stamp's last minute winner was no fun. Totally saw it coming as that random lad with the polish surname came on and played the greatest 15 minutes of his life to set up 1 (if not 2??) goals, but trudging away as the South Stand belted out "are you watching, Hibbie ****" was a dull yin.

Their 2nd in the 2-2 draw at ER when we'd been 2-0 up in about 25 minutes (in 2006/07?)- thought we were really going to give them a good shoe'ing that day, before Agent Malkowski dusted off the crazy gloves and ruined it.

hhibs
06-12-2011, 10:17 PM
Arthur Duncan scoring the own goal in the 2nd SC final replay in 1979 to give the Hun a 3-2 win, couldn't bring myself to blame him, wasn't his fault but never deserved that to happen - we should have finished them off before then.

Yes ,that was just the worst,fantastic Hibs support at all the games.Poor Arthur he did not deserve it and yep we should have buried them time after time during the games.

tamig
06-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Phil Stamp's last minute winner was no fun. Totally saw it coming as that random lad with the polish surname came on and played the greatest 15 minutes of his life to set up 1 (if not 2??) goals, but trudging away as the South Stand belted out "are you watching, Hibbie ****" was a dull yin.

Their 2nd in the 2-2 draw at ER when we'd been 2-0 up in about 25 minutes (in 2006/07?)- thought we were really going to give them a good shoe'ing that day, before Agent Malkowski dusted off the crazy gloves and ruined it.
Janczyck or something. Another player who was welcomed on to the ER pitch by that irritating "Who?" chant. Every time it happens the script is well and truly written. It still happens to this day and I cringe every time I hear it - as you just know what's coming our way.

cad
06-12-2011, 10:23 PM
Kevin Harper made me cry.

Liverpool 0 V Derby County 1 Harper (header )

2 from each section the rest came in £10 bet

SJNB Hibby
06-12-2011, 10:24 PM
Me too, but it was the equa;liser against Yugoslavia-I just KNEW there was no time to win it-and then to see Brazils 3rd goal
The only time I have been reduced to tears was in 1974 when Scotland got knocked out the World Cup in West Germany despite not losing any of their group games. I distinctly remember my dad looking at me as if to say "Grow up son it's only a match". Pubs only opened back then between 11am-2.30pm and 5.00pm-10.00pm and I was straight up the pub waiting for it to open to console myself over a few beers. :boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-12-2011, 05:10 AM
Janczyck or something. Another player who was welcomed on to the ER pitch by that irritating "Who?" chant. Every time it happens the script is well and truly written. It still happens to this day and I cringe every time I hear it - as you just know what's coming our way. I always remember feeling the same way whenever we made the donkey noises to big Dave McPherson, there was a horrible inevitability that he would be involved in their next goal!

Lucius Apuleius
07-12-2011, 05:23 AM
Every single f'n goal we lose. There are some belters mentioned right enough. I would guess the worst I would have to agree with Boston. Arthur Duncan. Poor booger definitely did not deserve it and I really thought it was ours that year.

S4uzee
07-12-2011, 11:23 AM
mikoluinias when they won 3-2 was a gutter, knowing that we could have won if deano stayed on the park and then whittaker hitting both posts in the last minute!!!

On the upside, deeks penalty when we beat them with a severley weakened team :greengrin