PDA

View Full Version : Wolves - Sunderland

Mikeystewart
04-12-2011, 04:37 PM
wolves 1-0 down with 20 mins to go, Sebastian Larsson dives to win a penalty he takes the penalty misses it, keeper saves launches the ball up the other end of the park, the ball is crossed into the box for Steven Fletcher to head in the equaliser, poetic justice if you ask me, great game end to end stuff.

Kammy1875
04-12-2011, 04:40 PM
I love Fletch.

2-1 :greengrin Fletch again :aok:

Still won't get a game for Scotland though although he is our best forward. Levein = cock.

Mikeystewart
04-12-2011, 04:41 PM
I love Fletch.

2-1 :greengrin Fletch again :aok:

Haha there was a 3 min lag on my stream, great finish :greengrin

greenlex
04-12-2011, 04:43 PM
wolves 1-0 down with 20 mins to go, Sebastian Larsson dives to win a penalty he takes the penalty misses it, keeper saves launches the ball up the other end of the park, the ball is crossed into the box for Steven Fletcher to head in the equaliser, poetic justice if you ask me, great game end to end stuff.

After a piss poor first alf the second has been end to end.:agree:

Kammy1875
04-12-2011, 04:44 PM
Bendtner is absolute jobbies :agree:

essexhibee
04-12-2011, 04:46 PM
What a hero. Never forget that he gave half his burnley signing on fee to the hibs academy. He's in the Premiership top five goalscorers for clubs outside the top 4. Been in double figures each year in the Prem.

Legend.

frazeHFC
04-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Fletch is quality! :thumbsup:

WindyMiller
04-12-2011, 04:48 PM

:agree:

Lots of mediocre players have become millionaires in the EPL.
Him and Wes Brown are two prime examples.
Fletch getting on the score-sheet pretty regularly this season means I have to apologise to the lad for doubting he'd make it there.

frazeHFC
04-12-2011, 04:49 PM
What a hero. Never forget that he gave half his burnley signing on fee to the hibs academy. He's in the Premiership top five goalscorers for clubs outside the top 4. Been in double figures each year in the Prem.

Legend.

Been injured for over a month aswell. :agree:

essexhibee
04-12-2011, 04:50 PM
Been injured for over a month aswell. :agree:

5 goals this season so far :agree:

He's consistently scored in not very good teams down south, keep it up fletch :thumbsup:

KeithTheHibby
04-12-2011, 04:52 PM

So are Sunderland. That's what you get when you sell all your strikers at the start of the season!

iwasthere1972

Legend.

Imagine if he had two feet. He'd be in quadruple figures.

Well done Fletch. :aok:

Part/Time Supporter
More chance of Andy ****ing Driver in the Scotland squad than Fletcher.

Piss off Levein.

hibsbollah
04-12-2011, 04:53 PM
Hibs net consensus was he was one footed, didnt work hard enough and would fall on his erchie at a higher level. :greengrin

lucky
04-12-2011, 04:56 PM
Hibs have a few chancers and wage thiefs but Sunderland is full of them on real big money

HibeeMG
04-12-2011, 04:57 PM
The first goal was brilliant.

The keeper, having just saved the penalty, launched the ball up field. Fletch brought it down perfectly, skipped a tackle, played it wide and then got into the box to get on the end of the cross. Absolutely brilliant forward play.

WindyMiller
Hibs net consensus was he was one footed, didnt work hard enough and would fall on his erchie at a higher level. :greengrin

He was always a hard worker IMO, but I thought his one-footedness would be a problem.

Maybe the EPL isn't as good as we think it is,or the SPL not that bad?

Does anyone else think the ref had a stinker by the way?

Gmack7
i dont suppose the 1st was an og was it? i had fletch for the 1st goal

WindyMiller
04-12-2011, 04:59 PM
i dont suppose the 1st was an og was it? i had fletch for the 1st goal

No.

Part/Time Supporter
04-12-2011, 05:03 PM
The biggest difference between Fletcher and now and at Hibs (perhaps even his season at Burnley) is that he seems to be stronger and better in the air. He scores some goals from headers (particularly peeling off the central defender at far post crosses), which I don't really remember him ever doing for Hibs.

HibeeMG
04-12-2011, 05:04 PM
The biggest difference between Fletcher and now and at Hibs (perhaps even his season at Burnley) is that he seems to be stronger and better in the air. He scores some goals from headers (particularly peeling off the central defender at far post crosses), which I don't really remember him ever doing for Hibs.

The quality of the Wolves crossing (Matt Jarvis in particular) might have something to do with that but I agree he's got better though.

grunt
04-12-2011, 05:05 PM
I'm sure I remember him scoring with his shoulder against Hearts.

Part/Time Supporter
04-12-2011, 05:08 PM

Well, exactly.

:greengrin

Kammy1875
04-12-2011, 05:11 PM

Really? Opinions of me and the lads is that he was pick of the Golden Generation even before he was the main man.

Can anyone remember that Sunny day in dunfermline where Fletch came off the bench and was unplayable? :greengrin amazing day! Sure he also scored a last min screamer against them at home too round about the time Glass scored last min against the sheep :not worth

Would love to see highlights of it, was on that Tony Mowbray DVD :agree:

HibeeMG
04-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Really? Opinions of me and the lads is that he was pick of the Golden Generation even before he was the main man.

Can anyone remember that Sunny day in dunfermline where Fletch came off the bench and was unplayable? :greengrin amazing day! Sure he also scored a last min screamer against them at home too round about the time Glass scored last min against the sheep :not worth

Would love to see highlights of it, was on that Tony Mowbray DVD :agree:

Absolutely. Tremendous support that day. :agree:

Kammy1875
04-12-2011, 05:13 PM

1-0 win Mixu in charge. Same game that Balough was sent off for them on a challenge outside the box on Fletch :agree:

Saorsa
04-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Hibs net consensus was he was one footed, didnt work hard enough and would fall on his erchie at a higher level. :greengrinWas never my opinion. I always though he would do better than Riordan or O'Connor. Should have a lot more caps tae his name as well, too bad the current Scotland manager is a complete and utter prick.

lapsedhibee
04-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Why do they have dotty lines above and below the team in fifth place?

I get that the dotty line below fourth could be cut-off for Champs League spots, but aren't there three or four more get in to the Yooropa League?

See here. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/15908061.stm)

:confused:

HibeeMG
04-12-2011, 06:05 PM

I get that the dotty line below fourth could be cut-off for Champs League spots, but aren't there three or four more get in to the Yooropa League?

I think there's only one (guaranteed) spot in the league for the Europa League. Another one for each of the cups.

Scouse Hibee
04-12-2011, 06:11 PM

The 5th place position is highlighted in the Premier League table because it is the only Premier League position at the start of the season that obtains Europa League qualification.

England gets three Europa League places, which at the start of the season are provisioned as follows:

One - 5th placed team in Premier League
One - League Cup winners
One - FA Cup winners (or runners-up if winners qualify for Champions League)

In a lot of years one or both of the following occur:

(a) The League Cup is won by a Champions League Qualifier

(b) The FA Cup is won by a Champions League Qualifier, and the runner-up is also a Champions League Qualifier

When either (a) or (b) happens, the Europa League place then goes to the next highest placed finisher in the Premier League rather than the provisioned recipient.

Kammy1875
04-12-2011, 06:13 PM
Absolutely. Tremendous support that day. :agree:

:agree: sure they went 1 up and we scored 4 in the second half too right at our end.

lapsedhibee
04-12-2011, 06:16 PM
I think there's only one (guaranteed) spot in the league for the Europa League. Another one for each of the cups.

Yep, makes sense (and Fulham extra this year for being clean). :thumbsup:

lapsedhibee
04-12-2011, 06:21 PM
England gets three Europa League places, which at the start of the season are provisioned as follows:

One - 5th placed team in Premier League
One - League Cup winners
One - FA Cup winners (or runners-up if winners qualify for Champions League)

In a lot of years one or both of the following occur:

(a) The League Cup is won by a Champions League Qualifier

(b) The FA Cup is won by a Champions League Qualifier, and the runner-up is also a Champions League Qualifier

When either (a) or (b) happens, the Europa League place then goes to the next highest placed finisher in the Premier League rather than the provisioned recipient.

Yes indeed, but for this year the Beeb should be realistic and dot above fifth and below seventh, as Manchester C are clearly going to win the FA and League Cups.

brog
04-12-2011, 06:34 PM
Imagine if he had two feet. He'd be in quadruple figures.

Well done Fletch. :aok:

Yep, just like Messi, Maradona & Puskas. :greengrin 3 of the greatest players ever & they were all one footed. Left footed players tend to be much more one footed than their right footed brethren but usually compensate by being superb with that one foot. Wolves have another very left footed player, Jamie O'Hara & I know his Dad. Jamie reckons Fletch is as good a striker as he's ever played with & given he spent years at Spurs that's a fair compliment. The commentator said that was 10 goals in 15 Prem starts for Wolves, some record if correct.
PS, & Levein is definitely an erchie!

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-12-2011, 06:35 PM
Good to hear Jaimie Redknapp call out Bender as a plain cheat rather than tip-toe around being clever.

Kammy1875
04-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Good to hear Jaimie Redknapp call out Bender as a plain cheat rather than tip-toe around being clever.

:agree: Although I would like to hear him say the same about his cousin. :wink:

Scouse Hibee
04-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Yes indeed, but for this year the Beeb should be realistic and dot above fifth and below seventh, as Manchester C are clearly going to win the FA and League Cups.

I think not..............obviously :wink:

leither17
04-12-2011, 06:42 PM

what about him calling adam hammill mark hamill by mistake the force wasnt very strong there :wink:

blackpoolhibs
04-12-2011, 10:52 PM
:agree: sure they went 1 up and we scored 4 in the second half too right at our end.

I thought it was Jamie McCluskey that came on that day at half time and played superb, in fact ran the show. :confused:

HibeeMG
05-12-2011, 07:00 AM
I thought it was Jamie McCluskey that came on that day at half time and played superb, in fact ran the show. :confused:

:no way:

Definitely Fletch.

Phil MaGlass
05-12-2011, 07:13 AM

Not me, I got this one right, never had a doubt about the lad, not very often I get them right though.

blackpoolhibs
05-12-2011, 09:59 AM
:no way:

Definitely Fletch.

I remember the game, we filled our end and they had to open the side up for us too. We were poor in the first half, but Riordan and Fletch score 2 each in a great 2nd half.

Although what i remember most was McCluskeys performance that 2nd half, i thought he was absolutely superb, just a pity he couldn't replicate it, he certainly liked that plastic surface.

--------
05-12-2011, 10:17 AM

He's also been working on his weaker foot.

Before the game they were praising up Doyle as 'the complete striker', but Fletcher to my mind is a better player by quite a way.

Levein needs to be told to patch things up with him and get him back in the Scotland squad NOW.

HibeeMG
05-12-2011, 01:59 PM
I remember the game, we filled our end and they had to open the side up for us too. We were poor in the first half, but Riordan and Fletch score 2 each in a great 2nd half.

Although what i remember most was McCluskeys performance that 2nd half, i thought he was absolutely superb, just a pity he couldn't replicate it, he certainly liked that plastic surface.

Yeah, I remember it well too. I'd brought up a mate from Bolton and my bosses treated us to the game in Dunfermline.

In the first half my mate was laughing at the standard. At the end though he had to concede that Fletch was a player with a future.

You're right though Gary, I do remember also McCluskey having his best game for us that day.