PDA

View Full Version : Andy Driver

bingo70
04-12-2011, 10:13 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/european/craig_levein_offers_stalled_andy_driver_a_jump_sta rt_1_1990952

Saw this story earlier and got me thinking (dangerous i know) but first of all it's outrageous that Levien says he just needs to start playing regularly to get back in the Scotland team, surely he's got ot be playing regularly and playing well, even then what if someone else is playing better than him, certainly looks like Potter is desperate to pick him regardless.

Also wondering if there's any chance hibs could move for him, Fenlon apparently is good mates with Potter so they may have spoken about him and it is certainly a problem position of ours.

Stumbling block could be money but if hearts don't pay his wages this month he could be available for nowt in january.

easty
04-12-2011, 10:30 AM
The stumbling block, for me, wouldn't be money....it'd be the inability to stay fit. Even when he is fit and gets a game for them, I've not seen him do anything good for years!

bingo70
04-12-2011, 10:38 AM
The stumbling block, for me, wouldn't be money....it'd be the inability to stay fit. Even when he is fit and gets a game for them, I've not seen him do anything good for years!

Well according to potter he's fit now and ready for the Scotland team.

If he does end up leaving hearts in January a short term deal with us till the end of the season could suit all parties, he gets to show he's fit and a good player to earn either a better deal either with us or elsewhere and we get potentially a decent player.

blackpoolhibs
04-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Is he not english, and played for them?????:confused:

PeeJay
04-12-2011, 10:44 AM

Played for the U21s - so how come he's Scottish now:confused:

greenlex
04-12-2011, 10:50 AM
Over rated. He is mre likely to end up in Falkirk or Dundee as anywhere else.

cocopops1875
04-12-2011, 10:54 AM

This ! No better than an average player

matty_f
04-12-2011, 10:54 AM
Really sums up why I think Potter's such a welt. What if Driver starts getting a game and is nowhere near as good as he was made up to be pre-injury (IMHO he has always been massively over-hyped anyway)? Does he still waltz into the side anyway?

Driver hasn't kicked a ball in anger for ages (IIRC the best part of 2 years, but could be wrong), yet Potter has him back in the side already if he can get a game for the Yams?

Piss off Potter. Never a Scotland manager in a million years.

bingo70
04-12-2011, 10:55 AM

Craig Levein is no gettin he heid roond the fact he cannae just pick everyone from hearts for the national team, he's probably asked Oboua and Zailukas anaw! Thank god Nade isn't at hearts now!

He can play for scotland though as he went to school up here but thought the fact he played for England under 21's would disqualify him, guessing that rule has changed though as we gave the guy Rhodes a game for 2 minutes in Cyprus just so England couldn't have him.

Dashing Bob S
04-12-2011, 10:56 AM
English or Scottish, he's Tom Kite, hasn't kicked a ball in three seasons and probably never will again at any decent level.

One of the most outlandish Yam delusional fantasies over the years (and there have been plenty) is that this glass-legged limited player is going to rescue them when he goes for 30/20/10/5/2.5/1/.5 mill/a free and gets off the wage bill (delete as you like). That Potter is trumpeting this nonsense is just another indication of how manifestly unfit he is to manage at international level.

Let's not get sucked in to this Yam nonsense. If we want to fantasize about what unforunate has-been will look good on our treatment table, we should start with Kevin Thomson or Chris killen.

Frazerbob
04-12-2011, 10:57 AM
A footballing enigma if there ever was on. He was all set to play for England, then Scotland, then Team GB.He was going to be the next life saving transfer for Mad Vlad and bring in £8m blah blah blah...... Now he doesn't even get his game for a piss poor Hearts team. He'll be lucky to get picked up by a Falkirk or a Dunfermline!

HibbyAndy
04-12-2011, 10:59 AM
Really sums up why I think Potter's such a welt. What if Driver starts getting a game and is nowhere near as good as he was made up to be pre-injury (IMHO he has always been massively over-hyped anyway)? Does he still waltz into the side anyway?

Driver hasn't kicked a ball in anger for ages (IIRC the best part of 2 years, but could be wrong), yet Potter has him back in the side already if he can get a game for the Yams?

Brilliant post Matty, Potter is hellbent on capping a very average player IMO.

Andrew Driver just isn't that good.

bingo70
04-12-2011, 11:00 AM

This ! No better than an average player

(IMHO he has always been massively over-hyped anyway)?

Know where you're coming from, he's definately over hyped and never as good as hearts would lead you to believe, however on previous form he'd still walk (or hobble) into this hibs team and IMO would be an improvement on Wotherspoon, Galbraith, Sproule or Stevenson on the wing.

Hibby Kay-Yay
04-12-2011, 11:02 AM
Brilliant post Matty, Potter is hellbent on capping a very average player IMO.

Andrew Driver just isn't that good.

if he gets capped then Hearts can claim more money as he'd be an international star...:cb

HibbyAndy
04-12-2011, 11:03 AM
One thing is crystal clear, Hearts will never ever get a Million pound for him never mind 3 or 4 Million that was banded about by they tramps a few years back.

Kammy1875
04-12-2011, 11:14 AM
One thing is crystal clear, Hearts will never ever get a Million pound for him never mind 3 or 4 Million that was banded about by they tramps a few years back.

They won't but he would still walk into our team.

Driver won't play for Hearts again but is a talented player if he can stay fit. I hope he leaves them and goes on to be a fantastic player somewhere else :agree:

Pedantic_Hibee
04-12-2011, 11:22 AM
If David Templeton is worth £15m and Laryea Kingston worth £6m, it's not inconceivable to think that Andy Driver could fetch them £1m if we apply the same logic.

Gotta admit, I had an absolute hoot on Kickback yesterday snooping through various threads. It seems like, finally, the penny is beginning to drop and they now realise the chickens are coming home to roost. We have been trying to tell them for years now, yet they still sound absolutely shell-shocked that this is happening to them.

You reap what you sow, ya shower of space-cadet groomers. You get the club you deserve and my word, Hearts and their fans are a deluded match made in heaven.

I hope, I sincerely, sincerely hope, that your draw with Gretna and x-rated horsing from AEK Athens was worth it (a game where your mental owner actually sat in the dugout).

An absolute laughing stock of a club that has heaped shame on Scottish football in the past 6 years. If I had the time, I would list in chronological order all the things that have made me laugh/cringe in the past 6 years however I would run out of time as I have to prepare for my son's 21st birthday. He's 5 at the moment.

Thanks for all the chuckles, my noncey maroon friends. May your demise be horrific and amusing in equal portions.

Cheers.

http://www.peoples.ru/sport/trainer/malofeev/malofeev_1.jpg

Matty_Jack04
04-12-2011, 11:23 AM
Potter the erse! The papers this morning have several epl clubs after snodgrass in jan yet the four eyed one has barely given him a sniff yet driver will be picked when he eventually gets a game after 2 yrs out! Shocking really, it's what I feared with the rule changes too much of a need to over look good Scottish guys in favour of average players from down south, I don't have a problem of there good enough e.g. Mckail smith or Mackie but iv driver keeps snoddy out the team it's the wrong way to be going IMO

Cropley10
04-12-2011, 01:42 PM
Is that really true? Vlad sat in the dug-out for the AEK game?!

Hainan Hibs
04-12-2011, 01:44 PM
When we have the likes of McCormack and Snodgrass banging them in for Leeds we do not need the likes of Driver.

With the qualifying group we have for the World Cup in Brazil we have a great chance of going, if we lose Levein who will no doubt arse it up before it has begun.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-12-2011, 01:46 PM
If Driver signed for us, that would end his chances of playing for Scotland, even if he played and scored every week.

Franck Stanton
04-12-2011, 01:57 PM
If Driver signed for us, that would end his chances of playing for Scotland, even if he played and scored every week.

Exactly my thoughts, as long as Potter is in charge of Scotland we will never have a player picked for the national team. Dont get me wrong, I certainly dont think we have anyone good enough, [possible exception of GOC when fit and playing to his potential], at present but lets face it, we could have Kenny Dalglish at the height of his playing days and Potter still wouldn't pick him, Jambo twat.

leither17
04-12-2011, 02:00 PM
Is that really true? Vlad sat in the dug-out for the AEK game?! I can't believe I missed that as well haha

Aldo
04-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Am I hearing/reading this right. Driver won't play again for the Yams and were Gonnae bid for him in Jan re a loan deal.

This all speculation or what??

Col2
04-12-2011, 02:36 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup:Superb and up to your usual standards.

If David Templeton is worth £15m and Laryea Kingston worth £6m, it's not inconceivable to think that Andy Driver could fetch them £1m if we apply the same logic.

Gotta admit, I had an absolute hoot on Kickback yesterday snooping through various threads. It seems like, finally, the penny is beginning to drop and they now realise the chickens are coming home to roost. We have been trying to tell them for years now, yet they still sound absolutely shell-shocked that this is happening to them.

You reap what you sow, ya shower of space-cadet groomers. You get the club you deserve and my word, Hearts and their fans are a deluded match made in heaven.

I hope, I sincerely, sincerely hope, that your draw with Gretna and x-rated horsing from AEK Athens was worth it (a game where your mental owner actually sat in the dugout).

An absolute laughing stock of a club that has heaped shame on Scottish football in the past 6 years. If I had the time, I would list in chronological order all the things that have made me laugh/cringe in the past 6 years however I would run out of time as I have to prepare for my son's 21st birthday. He's 5 at the moment.

Thanks for all the chuckles, my noncey maroon friends. May your demise be horrific and amusing in equal portions.

Cheers.

Bayern Bru
04-12-2011, 02:44 PM

Yes, because he plays for Hearts.

Wotherspiniesta
04-12-2011, 03:17 PM
“As soon as he is back playing regularly, he will be back in the squad,”

Is this Andy Driver we're talking about or Lionel Messi? :jamboclow

Kevvy1875
04-12-2011, 03:50 PM

Cheers.

The usual standard of tramp slaying being observed here...liking it:greengrin

My fav post of the day from Kickback was this...a reply from 132goals1958 to Charlie Brown regarding the ****bo's impending doom:na na:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/public/style_images/JKB_2010/snapback.png (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=2571881)Charlie-Brown, on 04 December 2011 - 08:25 AM, said:
I don't know why people have to invent nefarious reasons or subterfuges - there is a credit crunch & recession underway and Romanov is no longer prepared to underwrite or subsidise Hearts massive losses anymore it's that simple. Hearts don't have enough cash at hand to meet their obligations and drastically need to cut costs ASAP.
People won't like it but we desparately need to get the likes of Driver & Skacel & Kello and a couple of dozen more off the wage bill with immediate haste.

This is even evident when you go for a jimmy at half time, as I cant recall the last time there was soap or paper towels.

Not that having basic washing facility's would bother that manky horde.

Since90+2
04-12-2011, 03:52 PM
On form and fit I think he is a pretty decent player and would certainly improve our team.

If he was willing to take a cut in salary I'd be happy for us to take a punt on him to be honest.

TRIALIST
04-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Heard today Andy is being sent to Dubai to get him fit, the idea being he will be getting cashed up in January. He is seen as one of their big assets. Not surprised Levein is touting him for Scotland now that he's going in the shop window, look out for Gary Kenneth getting the Levein talk up soon.
Potter must be getting a cut!

The Green Goblin
04-12-2011, 05:07 PM
Steven Fletcher....scoring goals in the EPL.

Driver...struggling to keep fitness and get into a poor Hearts team.

You are the Scotland manager. Which one do you pick? (Take your time, I know it's a tough one)

WindyMiller
04-12-2011, 05:10 PM
Steven Fletcher....scoring goals in the EPL.

Driver...struggling to keep fitness and get into a poor Hearts team.

You are the Scotland manager. Which one do you pick? (Take your time, I know it's a tough one)

Is the answer Ryan Stevenson?