PDA

View Full Version : Media Highlights on the BBC Website

Winston Ingram
03-12-2011, 01:25 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/16018096.stm?

Hainan Hibs
03-12-2011, 01:30 PM
That was a pretty decent penalty shout for us.

Cracking goal by O'Connor, well taken.

hibsbollah
03-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Stacks save was better than i thought at the time. Got down well.

grunt
03-12-2011, 01:38 PM
How was that not a penalty?

Hibs90
03-12-2011, 01:39 PM
Personally think we should just be given the 3 points because now we'll go back there to replay this game and get beat :greengrin

Carheenlea
03-12-2011, 01:50 PM
Stacks save was better than i thought at the time. Got down well.

He sure did. Looked a pretty comfortable stop last night, but that angle from the opposite view we had showed a great shot and fine save.

Carheenlea
03-12-2011, 01:53 PM
I thought Pat Fenlon looked absolutely gutted last night when they were out to thank the fans, with Billy Brown offering a comforting arm round the shoulder as they trooped off, and the film confirmed that. Fenlon certainly has fire in his belly and an enthusiasm for the task ahead.

Mikey
03-12-2011, 02:00 PM
Nice goal!

Hibs7
03-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Definitely a penalty,the ball was going over the motherwell defenders head, but his ARM was above his head and stopped the ball, no danger to the player getting hit with the ball but a deliberate attempt to stop the ball...........PENALTY.!!

SaulGoodman
03-12-2011, 02:09 PM
I love how at the end they only shown the bottom tier, makes it look like that was all the travelling support :greengrin

R'Albin
03-12-2011, 02:34 PM
Cracking finish from O'Connor :agree:

iwasthere1972
03-12-2011, 02:42 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/16018096.stm?

Cheers.

Definitely a penalty as far as I'm concerned. The Motherwell player raised his hand so no way was it ball to hand.

LancashireHibby
03-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Thought the handball shout was at best an ambitious claim when at the game as I thought the defender was far too close to the ball to have any chance of getting out of the way, but that was a nailed on penalty for me when you consider where his hands were.

For all the people that were saying Griffiths was under par last night, he showed some really good footwork to get the initial strike away in the lead up to O'Connor's goal so it's good to know we've got someone who can keep cool when they've got the ball in the box.

CraigHibee
03-12-2011, 05:23 PM
looked like we had a decent game and how was that not a penalty?

ah well saturday against the huns will be a big test

hibsbollah
03-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Thought the handball shout was at best an ambitious claim when at the game as I thought the defender was far too close to the ball to have any chance of getting out of the way, but that was a nailed on penalty for me when you consider where his hands were.For all the people that were saying Griffiths was under par last night, he showed some really good footwork to get the initial strike away in the lead up to O'Connor's goal so it's good to know we've got someone who can keep cool when they've got the ball in the box.I read that on the match thread and can only assume folk were basing that on the radio commentary. Griffiths was one of our best performers in the 45 minutes, and there were a few others to choose from.

Tyler Durden
03-12-2011, 05:34 PM
I read that on the match thread and can only assume folk were basing that on the radio commentary. Griffiths was one of our best performers in the 45 minutes, and there were a few others to choose from.

I've not read the match thread - how did Hibs line up from middle to front? 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 with Wotherspoon more central?

hibsbollah
03-12-2011, 05:48 PM
I've not read the match thread - how did Hibs line up from middle to front? 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 with Wotherspoon more central? It looked like a 4-2-3-1 to me with Lewis and Ozzie in front of the back 4.

LancashireHibby
03-12-2011, 05:54 PM
It looked like a 4-2-3-1 to me with Lewis and Ozzie in front of the back 4.

That's how I saw it as well, though Spoony did track back to help Hart when required.

Tyler Durden
03-12-2011, 05:55 PM
Cheers. I think that formation suits the squad if we can get replacements for Stevenson and Spoony or the latter can find some consistency/productivity in a midfield role.

Having now read one of the other threads it sounds like we were much better organised - hopefully not a flash in the pan.

WindyMiller
03-12-2011, 07:01 PM
Cheers. I think that formation suits the squad if we can get replacements for Stevenson and Spoony or the latter can find some consistency/productivity in a midfield role.

Having now read one of the other threads it sounds like we were much better organised - hopefully not a flash in the pan.

Best performance from both of these players for quite a while.

When I came home and read the match thread I was surprised at the comments re-Griffiths from people watching the match on the radio! :cb

He played far better alongside GO than on his own at Perth.

Carheenlea
03-12-2011, 08:32 PM
Best performance from both of these players for quite a while.

When I came home and read the match thread I was surprised at the comments re-Griffiths from people watching the match on the radio! :cb

He played far better alongside GO than on his own at Perth.

:agree: