PDA

View Full Version : Thistle kit (again!)

Bohemian_Hibee
03-12-2011, 09:13 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows why we were wearing the THISTLE kit last night? It goes without saying that there's no colour clash with the first or second kits and Motherwells strip, so why wear a jersey that's now sold-out in the shop*? It's obviously not, therefore, a marketing ploy. :confused:

*Disliked this kit at first, but it has grown on me and was going to buy it in the 3-for-2 Chrimbo shop offer

DaveF
03-12-2011, 09:17 AM
I can only assume we are contracted to wear it x number if times.

Hopefully last night was the final time.

I hate that strip. Get the green on.

WindyMiller
03-12-2011, 09:17 AM
:no way:

s.a.m
03-12-2011, 09:21 AM
Am I right in thinking we've always (or usually) worn our away strip against Motherwell and Celtic?

Hibernia Na Eir
03-12-2011, 09:22 AM
Am I right in thinking we've always (or usually) worn our away strip against Motherwell and Celtic? and at Perth last weekend.

Elephant Stone
03-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows why we were wearing the THISTLE kit last night? It goes without saying that there's no colour clash with the first or second kits and Motherwells strip, so why wear a jersey that's now sold-out in the shop*? It's obviously not, therefore, a marketing ploy. :confused:

*Disliked this kit at first, but it has grown on me and was going to buy it in the 3-for-2 Chrimbo shop offer

Think you've answered that yourself there. It's grown on me as well, starting to really like it.

Edit: If it's sold out in the shop then that's a strange one, would've thought they were wearing it to boost Christmas sales. I was probably going to buy one.

WindyMiller
03-12-2011, 09:37 AM
We should wear GREEN unless told otherwise by the official.

FACT!

A driech and dreary day in Perth and we're wearing BLACK?

Rossco1875
03-12-2011, 09:38 AM
i hated it at first to but its kind of grown on me, gutted I can't buy it now

RIP
03-12-2011, 10:18 AM
We should wear GREEN unless told otherwise by the official.

FACT!

A driech and dreary day in Perth and we're wearing BLACK?

I remember reading somewhere that the more VISIBLE and BRIGHT a shirt is the easier it is for a player to find an opponent running alongside. This was the subject of an experiment in the early 70's with Leeds United but as it's pre-internet I can't dig up the article now.

Any fitba players out there like to back up this theory?

hibbytam
03-12-2011, 10:27 AM
I remember reading somewhere that the more VISIBLE and BRIGHT a shirt is the easier it is for a player to find an opponent running alongside. This was the subject of an experiment in the early 70's with Leeds United but as it's pre-internet I can't dig up the article now.

Any fitba players out there like to back up this theory?

Well there was the famous 'invisable' grey man u top, when they changed at half time against southampton. They still got humpted though.

-magine the moaning if they didnakt wear it. "Releasing three strips and only wearing one."

hailhail22
03-12-2011, 11:33 AM

Agreed, Its started to grow on me aswell and strangly enough i was looking for it earlier on the hibs website, However did they not say there would be limited stock ? Hope they get in a few more was wanting to buy one for christmas also.

Jones28
03-12-2011, 11:52 AM
I like the Thistle kit

Who cares if we wear an away kit AWAY from home anyway? :rolleyes:

LancashireHibby
03-12-2011, 12:10 PM
One thing I don't like about the thistle kit is that I could barely read the numbers last night whereas it wasn't as bad when playing in daylight (Dunfermline home game?). Maybe I'm just getting old!

greenlex
03-12-2011, 12:12 PM
It's an away kit. The twice we have worn it away from home we have played well. Keep it for away games I say.

Sean1875
03-12-2011, 12:42 PM
Am I right in thinking we've always (or usually) worn our away strip against Motherwell and Celtic?
:agree: Was thinking that last night, always seems to be against Motherwell we wear an away strip, still dont understand why as you dont get much further from Green and White than Motherwells strip.

WindyMiller
03-12-2011, 03:45 PM
It's an away kit. The twice we have worn it away from home we have played well. Keep it for away games I say.

See post 7.

Fact.

End of.

:wink:

greenlex
03-12-2011, 03:47 PM
See post 7.

Fact.

End of.

:wink:

:agree: Blacks for training in.

Peevemor
03-12-2011, 04:17 PM
Thistle - St Andrew's day (or nearly)? :dunno:

LancashireHibby
03-12-2011, 04:24 PM
It's back to being lilac again after seeing the BBC highlights :wink:

Higgy115
03-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows why we were wearing the THISTLE kit last night? It goes without saying that there's no colour clash with the first or second kits and Motherwells strip, so why wear a jersey that's now sold-out in the shop*? It's obviously not, therefore, a marketing ploy. :confused:*Disliked this kit at first, but it has grown on me and was going to buy it in the 3-for-2 Chrimbo shop offer Sorry for picking this thread but why moan about this, on way back from Newcastle game, pleasure to watch with little or no abuse from home fans. Humped 3-0 but still encouraged by crowd, used to be the same at Easter Road, now genuinely feel ashamed when taking kids due to constant verbal abuse of players. Who really cares what strip we have on when playing, as long as the badge is on the shirt, that will do for me. Sorry OP but all I ever read on here is negativity, great effort last night without luck.

Elephant Stone
03-12-2011, 04:52 PM
Sorry for picking this thread but why moan about this, on way back from Newcastle game, pleasure to watch with little or no abuse from home fans. Humped 3-0 but still encouraged by crowd, used to be the same at Easter Road, now genuinely feel ashamed when taking kids due to constant verbal abuse of players. Who really cares what strip we have on when playing, as long as the badge is on the shirt, that will do for me. Sorry OP but all I ever read on here is negativity, great effort last night without luck.

Newcastle are doing well at the moment and they actually played quite well despite losing 3-0. St James' Park when they aren't playing well is as bad as anywhere, if not worse.

NAE NOOKIE
03-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Hibs traditional kit. Green top with white sleeves, white shorts and green socks with ( please ) white tops, is probably one of the best strips in U.K. foorball, never mind Scottish football.

I dont have a problem with us wearing an away top, with the following conditions.

1 ) Never at home unless its against celtic, and even then we used to play them with both teams in their home kit with no apparent problem.

2 ) That we never have a Black away top. Its drab and depressing.

3 ) If we are going to wear Purple, which I like and by the way is to my mind Hibs traditional away colour, then it should be a deep purple and not that wishy washy lilac thing we are wearing just now.

silverhibee
03-12-2011, 05:29 PM
I can only assume we are contracted to wear it x number if times.

Hopefully last night was the final time.

I hate that strip. Get the green on.

:agree:

Just reminds me of a goalkeepers top for some reason.

Franck Stanton
03-12-2011, 05:56 PM

No

WindyMiller
03-12-2011, 06:21 PM
Hibs traditional kit. Green top with white sleeves, white shorts and green socks with ( please ) white tops, is probably one of the best strips in U.K. foorball, never mind Scottish football.

I dont have a problem with us wearing an away top, with the following conditions.

1 ) Never at home unless its against celtic, and even then we used to play them with both teams in their home kit with no apparent problem.

2 ) That we never have a Black away top. Its drab and depressing.

3 ) If we are going to wear Purple, which I like and by the way is to my mind Hibs traditional away colour, then it should be a deep purple and not that wishy washy lilac thing we are wearing just now.

Correct!

Hibercelona
04-12-2011, 08:26 PM

We always seem to play well when we wear away strips.

Do you think the players forget that they're Hibs for 90 minutes and thats why they perform better? :greengrin

Bohemian_Hibee
05-12-2011, 10:11 PM
Sorry for picking this thread but why moan about this, on way back from Newcastle game, pleasure to watch with little or no abuse from home fans. Humped 3-0 but still encouraged by crowd, used to be the same at Easter Road, now genuinely feel ashamed when taking kids due to constant verbal abuse of players. Who really cares what strip we have on when playing, as long as the badge is on the shirt, that will do for me. Sorry OP but all I ever read on here is negativity, great effort last night without luck.

I hear what you're saying, and yes, there IS far too much negativety on this board for my liking which has often lead to me staying away for periods.

But...my opening post was more a query than a moan. In actual fact, I said that I now like the thistle kit and my only 'moan' of sorts, was that I was unable to hand over my hard earned dosh to Hibs to purchase one! :aok:

frazeHFC
05-12-2011, 10:14 PM
I wish it was the old always wear the green home top, unless there was a clash the away team would wear their away top.