PDA

View Full Version : Positives from tonight

PatHead
02-12-2011, 11:30 PM
Good support turned out for Hibs and singers kept trying to get an atmosphere. (Didn't see problems at the end as we were told to leave by a policewoman as there was a fire)
Team looked like they knew what they were all meant to be doing
Griffiths and Ivan tracked back making defence more secure
Whole team worked much harder
Manager saw team in a competitive match.
Lewis and Hart both had good games
Garry got a goal again (even if it doesn't count)

:flag:Far from finished article but much better than performances of late:flag:

hibsbollah
02-12-2011, 11:37 PM
Its hard to judge from 45 minutes but...

Both full backs (Hanlon and Hart, and i normally think Hart is a total imposter), were excellent.

O'Hanlon was excellent, Stephens looked a bit shaky. Osbourne was almost faultless for the 45 minutes, constantly on the ball and to my recollection never gave the ball away. Hes Hibs Class. Griffiths and OConnor looked good together.

But that away support was superb!! it almost felt like the old days. Noise and numbers.

GreenCastle
02-12-2011, 11:46 PM
Great too hear.

As Hibs fans we can moan loads but if we do the basics and players look like they care - are organised and put in a shift - the fans will be back and the feel good factor will return.

Let's get a decent crowd for Green Day part 2 and the visit of the huns! :agree:

Jonnyboy
03-12-2011, 12:07 AM
Its hard to judge from 45 minutes but...

Both full backs (Hanlon and Hart, and i normally think Hart is a total imposter), were excellent.

O'Hanlon was excellent, Stephens looked a bit shaky. Osbourne was almost faultless for the 45 minutes, constantly on the ball and to my recollection never gave the ball away. Hes Hibs Class. Griffiths and OConnor looked good together.

But that away support was superb!! it almost felt like the old days. Noise and numbers.

Add wee Lewis to that. Good shift from him IMO

hibsbollah
03-12-2011, 12:15 AM
Agreed. He's had a good run of games this season and was one of the few positives under CCs stewardship. He's in the first team on merit IMO. If we just had a 'creator' type alongside Stevensons 'grafter' type and Ozzie's 'possession' type we might just have a proper midfield again :flag:

Jonnyboy
03-12-2011, 12:16 AM
Agreed. He's had a good run of games this season and was one of the few positives under CCs stewardship. He's in the first team on merit IMO. If we just had a 'creator' type alongside Stevensons 'grafter' type and Ozzie's 'possession' type we might just have a proper midfield again :flag:

:agree:

ronaldo7
03-12-2011, 12:19 AM
Add wee Lewis to that. Good shift from him IMO

Ahem....Half shift:na na:

Jonnyboy
03-12-2011, 12:20 AM
Ahem....Half shift:na na:

Well, he's only wee :greengrin

PatHead
03-12-2011, 12:21 AM
:agree:

Thought Osbourne played further forward today than he has in previous games with Spoony and Lewis further back. Maybe a different tactic from PF.

By the way thought we should have had a penalty at the overhead kick

nonshinyfinish
03-12-2011, 01:56 AM
We didn't get beat.

Half a clean sheet.

LancashireHibby
03-12-2011, 02:04 AM
Just got home from the game. Miles more determination and work rate in midfield. O'Connor linked well with midfield and Sproule was a threat. Thought we gave them a little too much space towards the end of the 'game' but I was very encouraged with how well we defended against their little flurry of corners.

Septimus
03-12-2011, 07:16 AM
As the "result" obviously does not stand does Sparky's yellow card still count against him?

Cropley10
03-12-2011, 08:20 AM
As the "result" obviously does not stand does Sparky's yellow card still count against him?

I believe it does.

Jim44
03-12-2011, 08:31 AM

I believe it does.

But does it carry into the re-scheduled game?

jdships
03-12-2011, 08:56 AM

:thumbsup:
Wasn't at the game last night but would imagine PF learned more about his squad in that 45 minutes than in a week at EM
A real " positive" IMO

:flag:

WindyMiller
03-12-2011, 10:10 AM
The difference in performance between Perth and M/well was quite dramatic.

We looked like a team (apart from the 5h1tty strip),and players seemed to know their role in that team.

Probably the best performance I've seen from Hart since he came to the club. Garry O looked sharper, Hanlon, Stevenson and Osbourne all played well.

Perhaps we don't need a complete clear-out after-all.

BEEJ
03-12-2011, 11:00 AM
As will O'Hanlon's.

Perhaps we don't need a complete clear-out after-all.

Aye. Funny, that! :agree:

mim
03-12-2011, 11:11 AM
But does it carry into the re-scheduled game?

If you mean does he start on a yellow and get sent off if he picks up another one, then the answer is NO.

The card is just part of the tot up process.

DaveF
03-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Surely if the game is null and void, the yellow cards are rescinded too?

If GOC had lifted his shirt over his head after scoring, he'd now have one more yellow card but one less goal!

Bonkers.