PDA

View Full Version : Disgraceful behaviour

Halifaxhibby
02-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Unfortunately I'm not just talking about the farce with the vouchers being handed out, we were by no means last coming out and the young lassie had run out of vouchers, then some so called hibs fan verbally abused her quite badly and she burst into tears, pathetic behaviour.

Then the bizzies moved in and tried to clear the area telling us other stewards were handing out vouchers, none of them we spoke to were, then the clown on the tannoy said to go to your nearest steward who would give you a voucher when it was apparent none of them had any or had a clue what the hell was going on.

Very disorganised from the original announcement about the fire right to the fact they had one wee lassie handing out vouchers with no police present to make sure people weren't just taking the pash!!.

Apart from all that, thought the support was tremendous tonight and the shape and fight of the team was a lot better, lots of encouraging points to take away from a decent 45 mins.

:pfgwa

proud_and_green
02-12-2011, 10:48 PM
Unfortunately I'm not just talking about the farce with the vouchers being handed out, we were by no means last coming out and the young lassie had run out of vouchers, then some so called hibs fan verbally abused her quite badly and she burst into tears, pathetic behaviour.

Then the bizzies moved in and tried to clear the area telling us other stewards were handing out vouchers, none of them we spoke to were, then the clown on the tannoy said to go to your nearest steward who would give you a voucher when it was apparent none of them had any or had a clue what the hell was going on.

Very disorganised from the original announcement about the fire right to the fact they had one wee lassie handing out vouchers with no police present to make sure people weren't just taking the pash!!.

Apart from all that, thought the support was tremendous tonight and the shape and fight of the team was a lot better, lots of encouraging points to take away from a decent 45 mins.

It wasn't just verbal, the guy came over and thumped her on the chest - cowardly idiot!

DaveF
02-12-2011, 10:52 PM
[B]

It wasn't just verbal, the guy came over and thumped her on the chest - cowardly idiot!

If thats true, then its dickheads like that who give all football fans a bad name. Little wonder the lassie was crying.

Shameful.

FranckSuzy
02-12-2011, 10:54 PM
[B]

I hope someone spoke up and told him to pick on someone his own size?

Twa Cairpets
[B]

Thats really crap to hear. If anyone knows this guy have a word eh?

Elephant Stone
[B]

What a dick. You get that quite a lot at football unfortunately, people in a crowd thinking it's alright to treat people like sh*t if they don't get their way. I saw something similar to that at Tynecastle where the caterer had the audacity to tell a boy there were no hotdogs left. People like that should stay at home.

Steve20
02-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Yeah, the guy pushed her. Disgusting.

Yes, I was annoyed the game was abandoned, but the lassie was only doing her job and shouldn't be subjected to that despicable behaviour.

Northernhibee
02-12-2011, 10:57 PM
Does anyone know who this **** is? Should turn him into the club, gives all Hibs fans a bad name.

proud_and_green
02-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Does anyone know who this **** is? Should turn him into the club, gives all Hibs fans a bad name.

Folks around rallied around the lassie and he disappeared quickstyle. He was an older guy - probably in his 60's. I didn't recognise him - but he would probably be easily identified by the big yellow streak down his back! ****!

SteveHFC
02-12-2011, 11:17 PM
[B]

What a ******** clown. :bye:

Jonnyboy
02-12-2011, 11:21 PM

Terrible way for an adult to behave and I hope the lassie is ok

I've highlighted your comment about the support because by and large it was superb with lots of vocal backing for the players but what spoiled it a bit for me was that some clown in the upper tier set off a green coloured flare which belched smoke over those fans trying to leave the stadium. Whoever it was, have a word

R'Albin
02-12-2011, 11:25 PM
That girl will go home and feel so embarrased. What a knob. At the end of the day it's a game of football and there is no need for that. It's not just the imposters on the pitch that drag the name of Hibernian FC through the mud it's also ***** like him.

Carheenlea
02-12-2011, 11:27 PM
I notified a policewoman that the lady was under pressure and assumed that the policewoman would have immediatly went to aid the lady with the vouchers. She said it was nothing to do with her and that it was the stewards job. Well done Mrs, a credit to the force. Plenty of her fellow police officers were seen wading in amongst Hibs fans and pushing folks around aggresively.

Saw some disgraceful behaviour, and while I missed our fans letting themselves down, the disgraceful behaviour I saw came courtesy of Strathclyde Police.

frazeHFC
02-12-2011, 11:27 PM
Was an absolute shambles! I got told to go to the far side to get tickets, then the police line blocked us so we were standing singing and i got shoved by a police officer. Motherwell is a ****ing ****hole too, may i add.

LeithWalkHibby
02-12-2011, 11:33 PM
Awww, poor little diddums steward. They're happy to play the gestapo when they're team-handed or got police backup, then burst into tears when the shoe is on the other foot? Not so ******* tough now, eh? How many times have these reject ******* traffic wardens turned a blind eye to sectarian abuse from the Huns and now we're meant to get all concerned cos some daft wee lassie goes to pieces when she's asked to do her job? Bet she's happy enough to collect the cash when there's nowt to do every other week at Fir Park. If that's how she behaves when a few pissed off punters have a go at her, I hope she's never around if there's a real emergency incident that needs proper stewarding...

Carheenlea
02-12-2011, 11:34 PM
Awww, poor little diddums steward. They're happy to play the gestapo when they're team-handed or got police backup, then burst into tears when the shoe is on the other foot? Not so ******* tough now, eh? How many times have these reject ******* traffic wardens turned a blind eye to sectarian abuse from the Huns and now we're meant to get all concerned cos some daft wee lassie goes to pieces when she's asked to do her job? Bet she's happy enough to collect the cash when there's nowt to do every other week at Fir Park. If that's how she behaves when a few pissed off punters have a go at her, I hope she's never around if there's a real emergency incident that needs proper stewarding...

Grow up

R'Albin
02-12-2011, 11:36 PM

The lass was probably terrified! I agree that a lot of stewards can be ********s but are you really condoning basically assaulting someone because other stewards have been ***** in the past? :confused:

lucky
02-12-2011, 11:37 PM
Hibs support was great tonight but the shambles at the end was accident waiting to happen. The prick that man handled the girl is an embarrassment to our club. But football clubs really need to look at the age and the training they give to their stewards.

surreyhibbie
02-12-2011, 11:37 PM
Awww, poor little diddums steward. They're happy to play the gestapo when they're team-handed or got police backup, then burst into tears when the shoe is on the other foot? Not so ******** tough now, eh? How many times have these reject ******* traffic wardens turned a blind eye to sectarian abuse from the Huns and now we're meant to get all concerned cos some daft wee lassie goes to pieces when she's asked to do her job? Bet she's happy enough to collect the cash when there's nowt to do every other week at Fir Park. If that's how she behaves when a few pissed off punters have a go at her, I hope she's never around if there's a real emergency incident that needs proper stewarding...

Unbelievable.......:rolleyes:

lucky
02-12-2011, 11:39 PM

pathetic. This was a young girl at her work. No excuse for assaulting a person at their work

RoxburghHibs
02-12-2011, 11:41 PM
Anyone know who this was? Should be named and shamed...

R'Albin
Anyone know who this was? Should be named and shamed...

:agree:

Steve20

She was assaulted. Have a word with yourself. Pathetic.

Sir David Gray
02-12-2011, 11:43 PM

Whilst I have absolutely no time for stewards and think they are often worse than useless, what is being described here is assault and should not be tolerated.

frazeHFC
02-12-2011, 11:45 PM
:agree:

Who?

Hibby D
02-12-2011, 11:46 PM

:rolleyes: I'm embarrassed for you

oconnors_strip
02-12-2011, 11:47 PM

i spoke to the girl at half time and would say she is no older than 18.

she was assaulted by this so called hibs fan!!! he went barging past a group of us, pushing us out the way to get to the female steward. when she said she didnt have any tickets left he went mental and didnt like it when told to calm down by hibs fans. thats when two police officers had to step in.

horrible scenes and atmosphere outside that stand tonight

brianmc
02-12-2011, 11:51 PM

This.^

PatHead
02-12-2011, 11:53 PM

Can't believe anyone finds this behavour acceptable. How would you like it if that was your sister or daughter. Girl was just doing job to the best of her ability. Not her fault she didn't have enough tickets. Have a good look in the mirror.

LeithWalkHibby
02-12-2011, 11:55 PM
pathetic. This was a young girl at her work. No excuse for assaulting a person at their work

FFS I thought these jumped up little twats were meant to be trained in things like spectator safety, customer service, crowd management, disability awareness and conflict management? Where does bursting into tears fit into this?

Oh and let's leave it to the procurator fiscal to decide if anyone's been assaulted...

Thecat23
02-12-2011, 11:57 PM
Awww, poor little diddums steward. They're happy to play the gestapo when they're team-handed or got police backup, then burst into tears when the shoe is on the other foot? Not so ******* tough now, eh? How many times have these reject ******* traffic wardens turned a blind eye to sectarian abuse from the Huns and now we're meant to get all concerned cos some daft wee lassie goes to pieces when she's asked to do her job? Bet she's happy enough to collect the cash when there's nowt to do every other week at Fir Park. If that

's how she behaves when a few pissed off punters have a go at her, I hope she's never around if there's a real emergency incident that needs proper stewarding...

What a clown you are. Happy to see a girl hit in the chest and abused. I bet your the type of guy who shouts abuse then runs away. You are nothing but **** I'd love to smash folk like you I really would. Feel free to pm me if you fancy a wee chat!!!

Jonnyboy
02-12-2011, 11:58 PM
FFS I thought these jumped up little twats were meant to be trained in things like spectator safety, customer service, crowd management, disability awareness and conflict management? Where does bursting into tears fit into this?

Oh and let's leave it to the procurator fiscal to decide if anyone's been assaulted...

Jeez :bitchy:

R'Albin
02-12-2011, 11:58 PM

:rolleyes:

Your not even worth arguing with! Total facepalm at reading the bit in bold.

brianmc
02-12-2011, 11:59 PM
Thank goodness there wasn't (a) a REAL emergency or (b) a big crowd to deal with if this is the kind of incompetants that are 'in charge' eh?
Just wearing a bright yellow jacket doesn't award you God like status -you should be able to back it up.

Jonnyboy
03-12-2011, 12:00 AM
Thank goodness there wasn't (a) a REAL emergency or (b) a big crowd to deal with if this is the kind of incompetants that are 'in charge' eh?
Just wearing a bright yellow jacket doesn't award you God like status -you should be able to back it up.

Are you condoning an assault on a young lassie just because she was a steward?

LeithWalkHibby
03-12-2011, 12:01 AM
Girl was just doing job to the best of her ability.

If that is the best of her ability then we need to have a serious look at the standard of stewarding in Scottish football. It's a disaster waiting to happen.

Peevemor
03-12-2011, 12:02 AM

OK, but I'll take it upon myself to decide that you're not very bright.

R'Albin
03-12-2011, 12:03 AM
If that is the best of her ability then we need to have a serious look at the standard of stewarding in Scottish football. It's a disaster waiting to happen.

What could she have done? She ran out of tickets through no fault of her own and then got assaulted by some absolute welt! I cannot believe you are condoning that.

Thecat23
03-12-2011, 12:04 AM
Are you condoning an assault on a young lassie just because she was a steward?

Seems some of our fans are actually brain dead mate. Girl doing her job best she can, she never called it off yet people on here think its fine to have a go and strike someone "because they should be trained for this" unreal it really is.

Gatecrasher
03-12-2011, 12:06 AM

Yes i'm sure all that is part of her job and probably more on top of that, But whats that got to do with men (probably bigger and stronger than her) acting like a bunch of weans and pushing her about?

Get a grip of your self FFS

frazeHFC
03-12-2011, 12:08 AM
We paid for your hats, we paid for your haaaaaaaaaaaats, what a waste of council tax, we paid for your hats!

brianmc
03-12-2011, 12:10 AM
No, I'm condeming the culture in football where stewards are deemed necessary, whilst providing NOTHING in return , other than their own personal power trip.
Assualt of a defensless female is Not acceptable-but I don't think that is the issue here.

Is it?

R'Albin
03-12-2011, 12:11 AM
No, I'm condeming the culture in football where stewards are deemed necessary, whilst providing NOTHING in return , other than their own personal power trip.
Assualt of a defensless female is Not acceptable-but I don't think that is the issue here.

Is it?

Err...yes?

PatHead
03-12-2011, 12:11 AM

If you believe that behaviour is acceptable do us all a favour and remove the Hibby from your user name. Real Hibs fans don't go around assaulting young lassies or condoning it.

Jonnyboy
03-12-2011, 12:12 AM

Is it?

Actually it is. LeithWalkHibby posted and you agreed with him. Go back and read it

LeithWalkHibby
:rolleyes:

Your not even worth arguing with! Total facepalm at reading the bit in bold.

What could she have done? She ran out of tickets through no fault of her own and then got assaulted by some absolute welt! I cannot believe you are condoning that.

Hang on, a minute ago I wasn't worth arguing with?

HibeeMG

Is it?

Have a quick read of the opening post and you'll find it is. You'll also find your agreeing with an ****.

frazeHFC
03-12-2011, 12:13 AM
LeithWalkHibby will just be frustrated like the rest of us. Both to stewards, police etc i said stuff out of frustration so he won't be meaning it, or will regret it soon enough.

R'Albin
03-12-2011, 12:16 AM
Hang on, a minute ago I wasn't worth arguing with?

Your not, but I couldn't read that pish without responding.

R'Albin
03-12-2011, 12:17 AM
LeithWalkHibby will just be frustrated like the rest of us. Both to stewards, police etc i said stuff out of frustration so he won't be meaning it, or will regret it soon enough.

I'm frustrated as well, but his comments are ****ing ridiculous.

Hibercelona
03-12-2011, 12:22 AM

Either you're the erse that done it, or you're on some serious crack.

frazeHFC
03-12-2011, 12:23 AM
I'm frustrated as well, but his comments are ****ing ridiculous.

A bit more frustrating travelling all the way through and being treated like the ****! :wink:

LeithWalkHibby
03-12-2011, 12:26 AM
What a clown you are. Happy to see a girl hit in the chest and abused. I bet your the type of guy who shouts abuse then runs away. You are nothing but **** I'd love to smash folk like you I really would. Feel free to pm me if you fancy a wee chat!!!

And I'm the clown...:rolleyes:

Steve20
03-12-2011, 12:27 AM

You are an absolute moron. A complete clown. Go and have a serious word with yourself.

R'Albin
03-12-2011, 12:28 AM

Yes you are..

Steve20

Is it?

Yes, the young female was assaulted just for doing her job.

Tricla

This.^

What a pair of cocks.

You've really made a twunt of yourselves.

R'Albin
03-12-2011, 12:29 AM
A bit more frustrating travelling all the way through and being treated like the ****! :wink:

Yeah do feel sorry for you and the folk who did that:agree:

Still think LeithWalkHibby is a moron though:greengrin

Thecat23

Aye you are the clown. Why come out with something like that?

LeithWalkHibby
Yes, the young female was assaulted just for doing her job.

Which bit of her job involves bursting into tears in a confrontational situation?

R'Albin
03-12-2011, 12:30 AM
Which bit of her job involves bursting into tears in a confrontational situation?

Dearie me :hilarious

brianmc
03-12-2011, 12:32 AM
Mr/Mrs Ralbin-(starting with a completely clean slate) how would you describe the usefulness and indeed the purpose of stewards/esses at the footy?

Steve20
03-12-2011, 12:36 AM

What bit of her job says she should be assaulted? There is no excuse for that. Seriously, have a word with yourself.

R'Albin
03-12-2011, 12:38 AM
Mr/Mrs Ralbin-(starting with a completely clean slate) how would you describe the usefulness and indeed the purpose of stewards/esses at the footy?

Mr..

They are there to ensure everyone is safe, to make sure trouble doesn't kick off and that folk without tickets don't get in basically. They may not be that helpful sometimes, and some can be rude to you for absolutely no reason But that isn't the point. The point is that a fully grown man assaulted an eighteen year-old girl for simply doing her job. That is completely unacceptable.

frazeHFC
03-12-2011, 12:39 AM

Not directed at me, but i will answer.

They are totally pointless, they do nothing whatsoever. Tonight and Saturday all they do is say sit down and then walk away when you make it clear you will not. Then at the end of the game we were a bit annoyed and called one a fat ******* and he did nothing. The purpose and authority they have is useless and money wasting imo.

Thecat23
03-12-2011, 12:40 AM

I lost a set of keys at the last derby and 3 stewards helped me find them after the game, and they did find them. Also my mate had a hypo at a game this season and the steward was superb in helping. So for me they did their job and done it well.

Thecat23
03-12-2011, 12:43 AM
Mr..

They are there to ensure everyone is safe, to make sure trouble doesn't kick off and that folk without tickets don't get in basically. They may not be that helpful sometimes, and some can be rude to you for absolutely no reason But that isn't the point. The point is that a fully grown man assaulted an eighteen year-old girl for simply doing her job. That is completely unacceptable.

That is spot on mate. No more needs to be added!

brianmc
03-12-2011, 12:50 AM
OK, Mr R thanks for your response-let me say straight away, if a young girl was assaulted by a hibs supporter-then that is clearly way out if order, without doubt.

However, if that incident didn't take place then have a look back at your own description of them and it makes for interesting reading NOT helpful, rude for no reason etc, that is th exact OPPOSITE of their very reason for existing is it not?

R'Albin
03-12-2011, 12:56 AM
OK, Mr R thanks for your response-let me say straight away, if a young girl was assaulted by a hibs supporter-then that is clearly way out if order, without doubt.

However, if that incident didn't take place then have a look back at your own description of them and it makes for interesting reading NOT helpful, rude for no reason

I'm not really getting what you're trying to say? I said some can be like that, not all... some of them (like in Thecat's case) can be helpful. As I say I don't really know what you are trying to get at?

hibeeliam
03-12-2011, 12:58 AM
I got 20 tickets... what you gonna do?

LeithWalkHibby
03-12-2011, 12:59 AM

Are Hibernian FC now, like, wild west sheriffs? Wouldn't there need to be boring stuff like evidence, rather than unsubstantiated accusations?

frazeHFC
03-12-2011, 01:00 AM
I got 20 tickets... what you gonna do?

I am going to ask you if i can have one? :na na:

Www1875hfc
03-12-2011, 01:03 AM
Anybody else see the steward hand a wad of vouchers to the Nice looking blonde girl?

hibeeliam
I am going to ask you if i can have one? :na na:

you're not getting one

HibeeMG
Are Hibernian FC now, like, wild west sheriffs? Wouldn't there need to be boring stuff like evidence, rather than unsubstantiated accusations?

The guy has nothing to defend against according to you. I mean, hitting a young lassie, who happens to be a steward is alright, isn't it?

I'm sure the club would be fine with it.

:bitchy:

frazeHFC
03-12-2011, 01:04 AM
:(

Peevemor
03-12-2011, 01:04 AM
Not directed at me, but i will answer.

They are totally pointless, they do nothing whatsoever. Tonight and Saturday all they do is say sit down and then walk away when you make it clear you will not. Then at the end of the game we were a bit annoyed and called one a fat ******* and he did nothing. The purpose and authority they have is useless and money wasting imo.

People have some funny ideas.

To open their stadia to thousands of paying customers, football clubs need authorisation from the local council and police force. The clubs are told how many police officers have to be in attendance for a given match for it to go ahead. For every so many constables you need a sergeant, then for so many of them you need an inspector, etc. The clubs pay for the police presence.

The police requirement is reduced if there is adequate stewarding in the ground, and stewards cost an awful lot less than policemen/women.

The vast majority of stewards aren't on any sort of power trip, but are just normal people who need the cash. They aren't there to police people, but to ensure the comfort and safety of the paying customers. For example, if you're smoking somewhere you're not meant to, it's their job to ask you to not to. However they're not paid to wade into a mob of football fans to sort out trouble or lift people.

They're not paid to get sworn at or assaulted when they're trying to do their job.

If you are capable of going to a match and abiding by a few simple rules for a couple of hours, then you should have no problems at all with the stewards.

Yes, some of them might be tossers. A lot of football players and supporters are tossers too.

That's life.

hibeeliam
03-12-2011, 01:06 AM
People have some funny ideas.

To open their stadia to thousands of paying customers, football clubs need authorisation from the local council and police force. The clubs are told how many police officers have to be in attendance for a given match for it to go ahead. For every so many constables you need a sergeant, then for so many of them you need an inspector, etc. The clubs pay for the police presence.

The police requirement is reduced if there is adequate stewarding in the ground, and stewards cost an awful lot less than policemen/women.

The vast majority of stewards aren't on any sort of power trip, but are just normal people who need the cash. They aren't there to police people, but to ensure the comfort and safety of the paying customers. For example, if you're smoking somewhere you're not meant to, it's their job to ask you to not to. However they're not paid to wade into a mob of football fans to sort out trouble or lift people.

They're not paid to get sworn at or assaulted when they're trying to do their job.

If you are capable of going to a match and abiding by a few, simple rules for a couple of hours, then you shuld have no problems at all with the stewards.

Yes, some of them might be tossers. A lot of football players and supporters are tossers too.

That's life.

you clearly don't stand up and sing then...
they give you any hassle they can and for no reason at all

Stantons Angel
03-12-2011, 01:07 AM
I have my own personal opinions of the stewards and wont go on about that on here!

But the cretin that did this to a young girl should be ashamed of himself. When he crept away and crawled back into his hole he would be ashamed of himself. If he had a daughter this age would he allow some airhead of a bully to push her around in such a
manner? Would he like it if his wife was treated in such a way by another male?

No i dont think so? then why should he get away with treating a young girl like this? If it was a male steward would he have been so
brave?

What happened should have been dealt with by those present. Decent supporters should have stopped him sneaking away into the night and held him till the police came on the scene.

Then we have the idiot, yes thats what i am calling you! who believes that people cant do their jobs without being under the threat of
physical violence. really this is the 21st Century and women do NOT have to put up with this sort of prehistoric behavior from anyone!

My advice to you is to grow up quickly and start thinking before you speak..

that young girl was somebody's bairn................. it might have been yours!!!

If this "gentleman" had a gripe it was with the Motherwell staff, do and push them around you coward!!!!

Peevemor
03-12-2011, 01:07 AM
you clearly don't stand up and sing then...
they give you any hassle they can and for no reason at all

There's a clue there somewhere. :wink:

frazeHFC
03-12-2011, 01:08 AM
How does standing up when not in anyones way merit being chucked out? I agree they do help, but generally they are just annoying.

capitals_finest
03-12-2011, 01:09 AM
Shocking behaviour from a so called Hibs supporter.

Anyone that verbally abuses a young girl never mind laying a hand on one is a ******* and should be named and shamed. This is RANGERS style not HIBS. GTF

Sean1875
03-12-2011, 01:09 AM
I really really really hope you were one of the ones that missed out on getting a return ticket, in fact I hope you miss out on getting a ticket for anything even remotely related to Hibernian FC ever again. Unbelieveable. :rolleyes:

Peevemor
03-12-2011, 01:11 AM
How does standing up when not in anyones way merit being chucked out? I agree they do help, but generally they are just annoying.

If the ground rules state that there is to be no standing, and you continue to stand after being asked numerous times to sit down, then they are within their rights to chuck you out.

It's not complicated.

brianmc
I'm trying to get at(as I'm sure you are well aware that) most peoples' interpretation of stewards at the football is of a group of people who range from being uninterested-unhelpful-power hungry-downright antagonistic

obviously there will be some exceptions-I am only generalising , but you should get my gist.

hibeeliam
There's a clue there somewhere. :wink:

then you don't have the experience to give an valid summary of the stewards

frazeHFC
03-12-2011, 01:12 AM
If the ground rules state that there is to be no standing, and you continue to stand after being asked numerous times to sit down, then they are within their rights to chuck you out.

It's not complicated.

Not arguing at you, but why is it a rule that you cannot stand even if in nobody's way?

Peevemor
03-12-2011, 01:12 AM
then you don't have the experience to give an valid summary of the stewards

Eh? :confused:

Steve20
03-12-2011, 01:14 AM
Whatever you think of the job that Stewards do, there is no excuse at all for a young lassie being assaulted.

Thecat23
People are going off topic here.. This is about a young girl who has allegedly bit hit. So can we stop the rubbish about stewards being useless or not, as this girl was clearly doing a job giving out tickets. She never told anyone to shut up or sit down, she was helping in giving our support the tickets she had. So let's keep it to that and anyone defending the actions of this supporter are just as bad.

Northernhibee

You're a ****ing billy bigbaws behind your keyboard, not taking the side of an eighteen year old female assaulted at her work, aren't you?

You are a ****ing coward. **** you, ashamed that we have people amongst our support that aren't appalled by this - the legal system is that you're innocent untill proven guilty, but that doesn't stop the need to gather (or in this case) offer evidence in the form of a witness statement.

Peevemor
03-12-2011, 01:16 AM
Not arguing at you, but why is it a rule that you cannot stand even if in nobody's way?

I've no idea. Somebody somewhere decided that standing up isn't in the interest of public safety.

The stewards don't write the rules, they only inform people when they're breaking them. That's their job.

MountcastleHibs
03-12-2011, 01:18 AM
Awww, poor little diddums steward. They're happy to play the gestapo when they're team-handed or got police backup, then burst into tears when the shoe is on the other foot? Not so ******* tough now, eh? How many times have these reject ******* traffic wardens turned a blind eye to sectarian abuse from the Huns and now we're meant to get all concerned cos some daft wee lassie goes to pieces when she's asked to do her job? Bet she's happy enough to collect the cash when there's nowt to do every other week at Fir Park. If that's how she behaves when a few pissed off punters have a go at her, I hope she's never around if there's a real emergency incident that needs proper stewarding... You obviously no nothing about stewarding or the procedure for the sectarian singing in football stadiums.Grow up. No one should be assaulted verbally or physically in their place of work. It's people that do things like that that give the club a bad name. Belters.

brianmc
03-12-2011, 01:19 AM
We're onto the 4th page , so does that mean all allegations of this assault automatically become fact???
All aboard the moral high horse eh?

Steve20
03-12-2011, 01:21 AM
We're onto the 4th page , so does that mean all allegations of this assault automatically become fact???

If you are too stupid to actually realise that it actually happened, then keep fishing. However, you are clearly just as big an idiot as LeithWalkHibby. Two absolute clowns who are an embarrassment to decent Hibs supporters.

Thecat23
I'm trying to get at(as I'm sure you are well aware that) most peoples' interpretation of stewards at the football is of a group of people who range from being uninterested-unhelpful-power hungry-downright antagonistic

obviously there will be some exceptions-I am only generalising , but you should get my gist.

I can see what you're saying, but this isn't about Stewards in general it's about a young girl who was hit for no reason. No matter how cheesed off people are I'd never go and abuse a young girl or hit out at her. This thread is simple.. The supporter who done it is a coward and out of order, simple as that.

HibeeMG

Yeah, I'm in my moral high horse. And from up here I can see you and the other erse are fine with somebody (fact or not) hitting a female steward. Says more about you than it does me.

hibeeliam
03-12-2011, 01:22 AM
People are going off topic here.. This is about a young girl who has allegedly bit hit. So can we stop the rubbish about stewards being useless or not, as this girl was clearly doing a job giving out tickets. She never told anyone to shut up or sit down, she was helping in giving our support the tickets she had. So let's keep it to that and anyone defending the actions of this supporter are just as bad.

report the incident to the police then, if it has not been done already.

No point making a typical .net 30 pager of absolute pish.

Anyone can see that it is horrific that she was assaulted. If you do not then you are ******ed.

brianmc
03-12-2011, 01:22 AM
You obviously no nothing about stewarding or the procedure for the sectarian singing in football stadiums.Grow up. No one should be assaulted verbally or physically in their place of work. It's people that do things like that that give the club a bad name. Belters.
Enlighten me-what IS the procedure when 3300 old firm fans spout sectarian bile??
Do you ask the stewards to throw them all out?
Or should L&B's finest arrest them all?

HibeeMG
03-12-2011, 01:24 AM

Anyone can see that it is horrific that she was assaulted. If you do not then you are ******ed.

The reason that the thread is going on longer than it should is because there are people who can't see that it's horrific. Whether you think they're ******ed or not is up to you.

hibeeliam
03-12-2011, 01:24 AM
Enlighten me-what IS the procedure when 3300 old firm fans spout sectarian bile??
Do you ask the stewards to throw them all out?
Or should L&B's finest arrest them all?

Exactly

MountcastleHibs
03-12-2011, 01:28 AM
No, I'm condeming the culture in football where stewards are deemed necessary, whilst providing NOTHING in return , other than their own personal power trip. Assualt of a defensless female is Not acceptable-but I don't think that is the issue here.Is it?What absolute tripe. Us stewards put the punters through the turnstiles, direct people to their seat and protect your safety during matches. Admittedly mistakes happen. If someone is to blame for tonight's shambles, its Motherwell FC. Not the stewards. As a steward myself, I certainly don't do it for a power trip. I do it because I get to work with the public and do a job I enjoy. Not because I'm on a 'personal power trip' and enjoy ordering members of the public about. That's not what stewarding is about. It's about running an event and making sure it passes off without incident.If an incident occurs, procedures are in place to deal with them. Tonight it appears the organisation was to blame for what occurred. But that is not the stewards fault. They don't call the game off. They don't make the decision to hand out coupons for the rearranged fixture. It's the club.

frazeHFC
03-12-2011, 01:32 AM

Wouldn't use that word on here. I reckon it will be 20 minutes before the twitter language police make their first comment. :rolleyes:

Johnny0762
03-12-2011, 01:32 AM
What absolute tripe. Us stewards put the punters through the turnstiles, direct people to their seat and protect your safety during matches. Admittedly mistakes happen. If someone is to blame for tonight's shambles, its Motherwell FC. Not the stewards. As a steward myself, I certainly don't do it for a power trip. I do it because I get to work with the public and do a job I enjoy. Not because I'm on a 'personal power trip' and enjoy ordering members of the public about. That's not what stewarding is about. It's about running an event and making sure it passes off without incident.If an incident occurs, procedures are in place to deal with them. Tonight it appears the organisation was to blame for what occurred. But that is not the stewards fault. They don't call the game off. They don't make the decision to hand out coupons for the rearranged fixture. It's the club.

Good post.

HNA6
03-12-2011, 01:33 AM
And I'm the clown...:rolleyes:Surprise surprise, the **** stirrer appears after a few months grace. You have contributed absolute zero to these forums since the day you registered & almost every time you rear your ugly head you look for confrontation by posting insensitive or provocative posts.

Im quite busy at the moment & may re-visit this thread later in the hope that another Admin has given you the boot.

hibeeliam
Wouldn't use that word on here. I reckon it will be 20 minutes before the twitter language police make their first comment. :rolleyes:

Surprised you are still a member here, considering you are a yam

Sean1875
You sir, are a total ******
Jesus, what part of what he just said justifys a repsonse like that? :rolleyes: Personally agree with everything he's said, and as steward himself, am pretty sure he knows a hell of a lot more than you on the subject.

Hibbyradge
03-12-2011, 01:35 AM

Idiot.

HibeeMG
03-12-2011, 01:35 AM
Jesus, what part of what he just said justifys a repsonse like that? :rolleyes: Personally agree with everything he's said, and as steward himself, am pretty sure he knows a hell of a lot more than you on the subject.

Don't rise to it.

:troll:

Sean1875
03-12-2011, 01:36 AM
Don't rise to it.

:troll:
Deep breaths Sean, deep breaths... :greengrin

frazeHFC
03-12-2011, 01:36 AM
Surprised you are still a member here, considering you are a yam

Well i was undercover until now. :rolleyes:

MountcastleHibs
03-12-2011, 01:37 AM
Enlighten me-what IS the procedure when 3300 old firm fans spout sectarian bile??Do you ask the stewards to throw them all out?Or should L&B's finest arrest them all?Totally unworkable to eject a stand full of people. The culprits are video taped and are dealt with post match, as has been shown with Dunfermline, not once, but twice.

hibeeliam
03-12-2011, 01:37 AM

Chill out, inside joke.

R'Albin
03-12-2011, 01:38 AM
Deep breaths Sean, deep breaths... :greengrin

:greengrin

brianmc
03-12-2011, 01:40 AM
M'Kay-mountcastle, without going over and over the previous few pages-could you give an insight as to what instructions / procedures you have when the whole away end at Easter Road erupts with sectarian singing??

frazeHFC
03-12-2011, 01:41 AM

Chill mate! :wink: It was like me calling Ryan homosexual (which i believe he now is), in terms of he knows it's a joke.

brianmc
03-12-2011, 01:41 AM
HA, typing whilst you were replying.

So basically there are safety in numbers?

* the question was about old firm fans not 400 pars.

R'Albin
03-12-2011, 01:43 AM
Chill mate! :wink: It was like me calling Ryan homosexual (which i believe he now is), in terms of he knows it's a joke.

Oh god, don't start another homosexual argument:rolleyes::greengrin

frazeHFC
03-12-2011, 01:45 AM
Oh god, don't start another homosexual argument:rolleyes::greengrin

Shut it you faggot. :grr:

hibeeliam
03-12-2011, 01:47 AM
Shut it you faggot. :grr:

lmao, you're going to get banned soon :) i have already been contacted my an admin

what happened to the good old days when you could have banter with mates eh?

MountcastleHibs
03-12-2011, 01:49 AM
M'Kay-mountcastle, without going over and over the previous few pages-could you give an insight as to what instructions / procedures you have when the whole away end at Easter Road erupts with sectarian singing?? I can't say too much on the issue for confidentiality reasons, but can you imagine what would happen if you ejected a stand full of people/majority of a stand? There'd be rioting. Get the people starting these songs, and you've got less of a chance of them catching on imo.We're waaaay off topic now, but I'm not having myself and my colleagues slandered by people who know nothing about us. We're just people out to make a bit of pocket money. Yes, some might be rude and obnoxious, but you get that every where in life. The majority are good people, who do their job well and to the best of their ability. We don't make the rules. We just follow them and do as we're asked.

Johnny0762
03-12-2011, 01:58 AM
I can't say too much on the issue for confidentiality reasons, but can you imagine what would happen if you ejected a stand full of people/majority of a stand? There'd be rioting. Get the people starting these songs, and you've got less of a chance of them catching on imo.We're waaaay off topic now, but I'm not having myself and my colleagues slandered by people who know nothing about us. We're just people out to make a bit of pocket money. Yes, some might be rude and obnoxious, but you get that every where in life. The majority are good people, who do their job well and to the best of their ability. We don't make the rules. We just follow them and do as we're asked.

I've been to a lot of grounds and personally haven't had much to complain about stewards. I have complained on one occasion about a carry on a wee while back at New Douglas Park where the game had started, the stand was full, the turnstiles were busy, and stewards would not let fans into the gazebo, but it was poor organisation from the club then, and not the stewards who were at fault, who only did what they were asked and are not trained to the same standard as Police in dealing with a gathering crowd kicking off, and again it was poor organisation from Motherwell FC last night. I've had banter up the back of the East with stewards and I recall one such steward, a blue nose cream bun from Larkhall nonetheless, bantering away with me and turning a blind eye to Hibbys having a fly smoke up the back of the stand. Only a couple of quid to him and not worth upsetting anybody as long as nobody was coming to harm he said.

HNA6
03-12-2011, 01:59 AM
This thread is being closed, way too much personal **** being thrown about & also the topic seems to have been lost somewhere amongst the expletives & name calling.

Some folk also need to take a step back from the keyboard & take a chill pill.