PDA

View Full Version : Praise for the Fans

madabouthibs
02-12-2011, 08:36 PM
:flag::flag::flag:

Commentary on BBC praising the Hibs fan for turning up in great numbers tonight, seems the Friday night/£10 + £5 combo has worked.
Well done to all the Hibby's that have braved the brass monkeys weather! :agree::flag::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::not worth:not worth

LancashireHibby
02-12-2011, 08:38 PM
Upper tier nearly full it seems, not sure if there are any in the lower tier. Biggest Motherwell support for a long while as well to be fair.

pentlando
02-12-2011, 09:48 PM
Great turnout tonight. However on the bus coming home plenty of folk are bragging about how many replacement tickets they managed to score. Gutted to be associated with basic 'theft'. Especially with many fans being unable to get any tickets when they were at the game. Society gone mad.

Billy Whizz
02-12-2011, 09:58 PM
Great turnout tonight. However on the bus coming home plenty of folk are bragging about how many replacement tickets they managed to score. Gutted to be associated with basic 'theft'. Especially with many fans being unable to get any tickets when they were at the game. Society gone mad.

What do you mean replacement tickets. Left the ground and there was no one around doing this?

brianmc
02-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Dearie me... Society gone mad indeed.

Quick draft a strong worded letter to... Someone that gives a ****?

Gutted??? REALLY?

lyonhibs
02-12-2011, 10:02 PM
I suspect they are talking *****.

How do you go about scoring "replacement tickets" for a game less than an hour after the 1st game gets cancelled??

sundo1875
02-12-2011, 10:04 PM
They were handing out tickets at the end of game

zelda
02-12-2011, 10:04 PM

How do you go about scoring "replacement tickets" for a game less than an hour after the 1st game gets cancelled??
They were gettin handed out outside the ground

Billy Whizz
02-12-2011, 10:06 PM
They were gettin handed out outside the ground

Not when I left they weren't

clerriehibs
02-12-2011, 10:06 PM

I would imagine either the OP means vouchers for the replay or those that claimed they had multiple replacement tickets had multiple vouchers for the replay.

DaveF
02-12-2011, 10:08 PM
I didnt see anyone handing out tickets and had no idea they were doing that. No point in putting it out on the PA as that was ****ing useless.

Not happy if I have missed out on this.

kennyh
02-12-2011, 10:08 PM

Gave up trying on the way out as stewards hadnt a clue but got T's for WEll end as we walked throug their bit after the game. Bit of hassle tho, walked up to a steward and asked for t's saying none were available at our stand only to be told to go back to the hibs end. Decided to wait 10secs, move to the stewards other side and put my hand out, hey presto i now have a free t for the next game... shambles

Steve20
02-12-2011, 10:10 PM
I got a match abandoned voucher. Didn't see people get more than one though.

forthhibby
02-12-2011, 10:12 PM
yep, i managed to get replacement vouchers, was a bit chaotic though

BEEJ
02-12-2011, 10:12 PM
They were handing out vouchers at some exit doors but not at others. I doubled back when I heard someone say they were handing them out.

easty
02-12-2011, 10:13 PM
Not when I left they weren't

Me neither. When we came out I couldn't see a single steward anywhere.

lyonhibs
02-12-2011, 10:14 PM
They were handing out tickets at the end of game

God, they were rapid. Also, what a hit and miss system. I assume there were far, far fewer folk handing out tickets than there were fans, spread relatively thinly around the ground.

By the sounds of it, either a lot of folk had left before they got out, or it was easy to walk back to cars/buses and not see them.

Shambolic and amateur - much like Motherwell FC and Fir Park in general.

GGTTH

DaveF
02-12-2011, 10:15 PM
They were handing out vouchers at some exit doors but not at others. I doubled back when I heard someone say they were handing them out.

Clearly I left via one of the doors where it wasn't happening! I'll fire off an email to motherwell as I just followed the stewards instructions and basically left as asked.

forthhibby
02-12-2011, 10:17 PM
mate was talking to one of the stewards and he said we were supposed to be held back for a few minutes and they were going to have stewards at each gate giving out tickets, but as you say ended up shambolic and amauterish.

CallumLaidlaw
02-12-2011, 10:17 PM
God, they were rapid. Also, what a hit and miss system. I assume there were far, far fewer folk handing out tickets than there were fans, spread relatively thinly around the ground.

By the sounds of it, either a lot of folk had left before they got out, or it was easy to walk back to cars/buses and not see them.

Shambolic and amateur - much like Motherwell FC and Fir Park in general.

GGTTH

Commentator was talking about it on the radio, saying how the voucher system had been deployed at a previous abandoned game, and the fans photocopied the vouchers and took about 20,000 to the rescheduled match!!!

francobaresi
02-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Was a great crowd for a Friday night, especially from Embra... Got my abandoned ticket though for the replay in March:wink:

Andy74
02-12-2011, 10:22 PM
The ones doubling back were causing some dangerous crushing. Poor organisation but also some daft behaviour.

BEEJ
02-12-2011, 10:30 PM
The ones doubling back were causing some dangerous crushing. Poor organisation but also some daft behaviour.
Where was this?

The lasting picture in my mind is several hundred Hibs fans mingling around outside the South Stand at Fir Park trying to work out what was going on.

No sign of smoke or flames, no fire alarm system going off, no sense of emergency exit procedures being put into play. Just, "match abandoned, please make your way home now".

kennyh
02-12-2011, 10:38 PM
Was a great crowd for a Friday night, especially from Embra... Got my abandoned ticket though for the replay in March:wink:

Great hibs support, very vocal, two home stands almost full too. I am against Friday footy but the reduced admission certainly worked as the crowd was much bigger than a run of the mill £22 game on a Saturday. This will soon become an ESPN slot.....

lucky
02-12-2011, 10:45 PM
If Friday night football is going to work then £10 for ticket is the way forward. Couple of Motherwell fans told me that was the biggest away support of the season out with the ugly sisters

AlbertK86
02-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Probably the most shambolic thing i've seen in years. Should have handed them out in the stadium. It just became a total farce

AlbertK86
02-12-2011, 11:10 PM
great support. All very positive. Even singing ooh ah mikey hart. Lets keep the encouragement going

GGTTH

hibeedonald
02-12-2011, 11:14 PM
An absolute joke. The steward was cornered and lots of agressive people were going mental at the guy, he was handing them out like sweets, I got an extra one for my dad.

Alfred E Newman
02-12-2011, 11:20 PM
I think the good crowd was more down to the reduced admission charges than the Friday night. Felons first game was a factor as far as the Hibs fans were concerned as well. It shows that fans are still keen to come out and support their team but that the normal over inflated prices are gradually driving people away from the game.

Jonnyboy
02-12-2011, 11:22 PM
I think the good crowd was more down to the reduced admission charges than the Friday night. Felons first game was a factor as far as the Hibs fans were concerned as well. It shows that fans are still keen to come out and support their team but that the normal over inflated prices are gradually driving people away from the game.

That's criminal calling him that :greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
02-12-2011, 11:22 PM
Me and my laddie got a voucher , only because i was given the heads up by another supporter and i about turned , on getting mine there was guys asking for 6 , 8 , 10 , really ! what is the need ? , and s43 guys, youse have a new member , my boy has been loving it , more so tonight , well done guys

frazeHFC
02-12-2011, 11:25 PM
Best atmosphere ever! Was absolutely amazing! :thumbsup:

SteveHFC
02-12-2011, 11:26 PM
The fans were brilliant tonight :flag:

Jonnyboy
02-12-2011, 11:29 PM
I didnt see anyone handing out tickets and had no idea they were doing that. No point in putting it out on the PA as that was ****ing useless.

Not happy if I have missed out on this.

:agree:

LancashireHibby
02-12-2011, 11:33 PM
If anyone has any spare vouchers then please send them my way!

Baldy Foghorn
02-12-2011, 11:37 PM
I got 4 vouchers, and handed them out on the bus to guys that had not got them, however if people were getting 4 or 5 vouchers, and give them to people who were not at the game, then christ knows how many will be at the re-arranged fixture :confused:

BroxburnHibee
02-12-2011, 11:37 PM
I got the 2 I needed - agree it was shambolic though.

frazeHFC
02-12-2011, 11:40 PM
The police wouldn't let us through to get them, i got shoved away. An absolute farce! I won't be able to go to the re-match if it is mid-week so i will be sending a letter asking for my ticket and bus money back.

ronaldo7
02-12-2011, 11:43 PM
I got 4 vouchers, and handed them out on the bus to guys that had not got them, however if people were getting 4 or 5 vouchers, and give them to people who were not at the game, then christ knows how many will be at the re-arranged fixture :confused:

They'll just take up the seats we would have been sitting in as their was no vouchers left when we left the stand.

Alfred E Newman
02-12-2011, 11:47 PM
The hand out of vouchers was a disorganised shambles. I was separated from my son as we left the ground and got an extra one in case he had missed out. The young girl lumbered with handing out the vouchers did her best and the vast majority of the Hibs support were well behaved and patient in the chaos.

PatHead
02-12-2011, 11:48 PM
mate was talking to one of the stewards and he said we were supposed to be held back for a few minutes and they were going to have stewards at each gate giving out tickets, but as you say ended up shambolic and amauterish.

So the general idea was to hold people back in a stand where a suspected fire was! Unbelievable.

On a seperate note makes you realise what a deathtrap that stand at PBS is. Should be shut down immediately

Baldy Foghorn
02-12-2011, 11:50 PM
They'll just take up the seats we would have been sitting in as their was no vouchers left when we left the stand.

Every person at the game should have been handed voucher on leaving game, it really was a shambles

ronaldo7
02-12-2011, 11:55 PM
Every person at the game should have been handed voucher on leaving game, it really was a shambles

The stewards had run out of vouchers by the time we'd got downstairs. We were stuck on the stairwell as the stewards were standing at the exit doors and the queue had built back. By the time we got to the bottom of the stairs they'd all gone. I asked pc plod what the script was and he said we would get a voucher further up. Needless to say all were gone.

It seems that some of our supporters were asking for more than they were entitled to, leaving others to go without.

Poor show, but hey ho. I only paid a tenner and seen half a match.

Sir David Gray
03-12-2011, 12:01 AM
It should surely have been one supporter=one voucher? :confused:

I don't understand why they were handing multiple vouchers out to people!

wearethehibs
03-12-2011, 12:04 AM
Great turnout tonight. However on the bus coming home plenty of folk are bragging about how many replacement tickets they managed to score. Gutted to be associated with basic 'theft'. Especially with many fans being unable to get any tickets when they were at the game. Society gone mad. Dry your eyes. Its no people's fault they got more tickets than you. I got 2 :)

Jonnyboy
03-12-2011, 12:06 AM
Dry your eyes. Its no people's fault they got more tickets than you. I got 2 :)

How'd you work that out? One per person ain't really that difficult to comprehend.

oconnors_strip
03-12-2011, 12:08 AM

some people were saying i need another 4 for my mates or even going back for more.

Andy74
03-12-2011, 12:09 AM

People doubling back and coming back in the doors from other gates. Some of it was stupid and dangerous. Police only arrived once done crushing started.

Jonnyboy
03-12-2011, 12:10 AM
some people were saying i need another 4 for my mates or even going back for more.

Never even knew they were handing them out N. Am well pissed off about that :agree:

ronaldo7
03-12-2011, 12:12 AM
Never even knew they were handing them out N. Am well pissed off about that :agree:

Contact Motherwell direct J. You never know they might even throw in a pie and bovril.

Sir David Gray
03-12-2011, 12:13 AM

I can understand how people deliberately going back for more vouchers could have ended up with extra as I'm sure that those who were handing them out wouldn't have remembered the faces of absolutely everyone, however anyone saying that they needed extra for friends etc. should have been told to do one.

Sounds like it was a complete shambles.

Only way to prevent this from happening is to make all games all-ticket. But these things (thankfully) don't happen often enough to justify all-ticket matches across the board.

Jonnyboy
03-12-2011, 12:14 AM
Contact Motherwell direct J. You never know they might even throw in a pie and bovril.

I've emailed them :wink: (didnae mention pies or bovril tho' ...... drat :greengrin)

lucky
03-12-2011, 12:25 AM
Motherwell saying tonights crowd was 7080 with 1460 Hibs fans. I dont think you could have got another 6000 in that ground. More tax dodging in the SPL

PatHead
03-12-2011, 12:27 AM
BBC said 6741 was attendance

oconnors_strip
03-12-2011, 12:31 AM
I can understand how people deliberately going back for more vouchers could have ended up with extra as I'm sure that those who were handing them out wouldn't have remembered the faces of absolutely everyone, however anyone saying that they needed extra for friends etc. should have been told to do one.

Sounds like it was a complete shambles.

Only way to prevent this from happening is to make all games all-ticket. But these things (thankfully) don't happen often enough to justify all-ticket matches across the board.

or give out a ticket stub at gates as you enter. i know of a few grounds that do this, dundee united give a ticket out like what i use to get when i gave my school teacher my dinner money:greengrin

steakbake
03-12-2011, 12:33 AM
Motherwell saying tonights crowd was 7080 with 1460 Hibs fans. I dont think you could have got another 6000 in that ground. More tax dodging in the SPL

:agree: no way is was only 6k. Many many more than that.

LancashireHibby
03-12-2011, 02:16 AM
or give out a ticket stub at gates as you enter. i know of a few grounds that do this, dundee united give a ticket out like what i use to get when i gave my school teacher my dinner money:greengrin

That's the system at virtually every non-league ground down here - if clubs do it as a matter of routine at even North West Counties League level then surely it's not beyond the likes of Motherwell etc to follow suit?!

EasterRoad4Ever
03-12-2011, 06:09 AM
Commentary on BBC praising the Hibs fan for turning up in great numbers tonight, seems the Friday night/£10 + £5 combo has worked.
Well done to all the Hibby's that have braved the brass monkeys weather! :agree::flag::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::not worth:not worth

Half price buys you half a game, apparently :wink:

Lofarl
03-12-2011, 07:51 AM
Who cares if people got loads of free tickets? It does not cost Hibs anything, it ensures a big away support for when we play them again and it's fair compensation for people who went along to support their team only for it to be cancelled due to Motherwell's dodgy stadium.

marinello59
03-12-2011, 08:04 AM
Who cares if people got loads of free tickets? It does not cost Hibs anything, it ensures a big away support for when we play them again and it's fair compensation for people who went along to support their team only for it to be cancelled due to Motherwell's dodgy stadium.

Maybe the guys who went along and didn't get a ticket because there were none left will be bothered?

marinello59
03-12-2011, 08:06 AM

I use to give my dinner money to a big guy in the year above me and he didn't once give me a ticket.

Billy Whizz
03-12-2011, 08:19 AM
I think the only solution to this is to make the replayed game £1 for all to get in

Andy74
03-12-2011, 08:26 AM

Fellow fans still in the stand who didn't while a pile of numpties were coming back for more. People who might have been crushed as people were coming back for more. It was a daft thing to do.

Carheenlea
03-12-2011, 08:33 AM
I notice nobody has suggested a better system of distributing the vouchers, I certainly can't think of any. At least with tickets you can use the stub, but in this instance you have to rely on the honesty, cooperation and good will of the fans and sadly too many of our supporters let themselves and their fellow fans down. A tannoy that worked would have been a help, if fans were informed beforehand then there may have been a more orderly distribution on exit.
I think Motherwell will open the gates for the rearranged game anyway.

judas
03-12-2011, 09:02 AM

Agreed. Probably the same chimps who rip seats out at other grounds.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-12-2011, 09:28 AM
the solution is almost obvious. Tickets sent to mobile phones. barcode vouchers. If there's a problem they get resent. Simples! This technology already exists. I see it as a way using twitter to entice people last minute to games.

Almost everyone has a mobile phone and for those who do not they can be channelled appropriately.

The only potential flaw I see is the security aspect in which case there would need to be some form of tie in with the club database. And for the chancers scheming another ticket and joining the queue the marority will just want to be getting home in these conditions esp if the tickets will be going straight to your phone.

BEEJ
03-12-2011, 10:52 AM
I notice nobody has suggested a better system of distributing the vouchers, I certainly can't think of any. At least with tickets you can use the stub, but in this instance you have to rely on the honesty, cooperation and good will of the fans and sadly too many of our supporters let themselves and their fellow fans down. A tannoy that worked would have been a help, if fans were informed beforehand then there may have been a more orderly distribution on exit.
I think Motherwell will open the gates for the rearranged game anyway.
Well the first and most important change to make is to recognise that in a genuine emergency it is critical to get everyone away from the stand and its surrounding area as quickly as possible.

That means you don't dick around trying to hand out vouchers to a departing crowd at the exit doors of the stand that's meant to be on fire.

They should have set up a system away from the South Stand up by the road, with two or three stewards equipped with match vouchers (accompanied by a couple of cops). Meanwhile stewards and police by the stand usher exiting fans away from the ground towards the road advising them that they will get a match voucher (one per person) up at the roadside if they form an orderly queue.

Oh and they also need to invest in a tannoy system that does what it's meant to do. Away supporters at that ground seem to be the only ones that can't hear it.

ronaldo7
03-12-2011, 11:10 AM
Well the first and most important change to make is to recognise that in a genuine emergency it is critical to get everyone away from the stand and its surrounding area as quickly as possible.

That means you don't dick around trying to hand out vouchers to a departing crowd at the exit doors of the stand that's meant to be on fire.

They should have set up a system away from the South Stand up by the road, with two or three stewards equipped with match vouchers (accompanied by a couple of cops). Meanwhile stewards and police by the stand usher exiting fans away from the ground towards the road advising them that they will get a match voucher (one per person) up at the roadside if they form an orderly queue.

Oh and they also need to invest in a tannoy system that does what it's meant to do. Away supporters at that ground seem to be the only ones that can't hear it.

:top marks

If it was a critical incident they wouldn't have left us in the stairwells of the stand which supposedly had a fire in it, whilst blocking the exits.

Poor show from Motherwell and the match commander.