PDA

View Full Version : Matt Thornhill

Kammy1875
02-12-2011, 03:02 PM
Story from a few of the lads on the train to Glasgow (a couple in the know) that Thornhill has already fell out with Fenlon and will not play for the club again, he's training with the kids too.

Anyone heard this? :confused:

SteveHFC
02-12-2011, 03:07 PM
http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/showthread.php?110180-The-Clearout-Begins :wink:

Kammy1875
02-12-2011, 03:10 PM
http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/showthread.php?110180-The-Clearout-Begins :wink:

Interesting :aok:

H18sry
02-12-2011, 03:13 PM
Story from a few of the lads on the train to Glasgow (a couple in the know) that Thornhill has already fell out with Fenlon and will not play for the club again, he's training with the kids too.

Anyone heard this? :confused:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?207809-Matt-Thornhill&highlight=Matt+Thornhill

:whistle:
telt you's all months ago, oh ye of little faith :wink:

GlesgaeHibby
02-12-2011, 03:14 PM
No big loss, hopeless player.

Aldo
02-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Maybe PF is freeing up wages and space in the squad Allowing him to bring in players he knows who could do a job and guys he can trust.

I really had high hopes for Thornhill but let's face it... He did nowt. Not really bothered who goes TBH as long as PF brings guys in who get us winning.

greenlex
02-12-2011, 03:24 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?207809-Matt-Thornhill&highlight=Matt+Thornhill

:whistle:
telt you's all months ago, oh ye of little faith :wink:

He's been injured for nearly all his Hibs career. Calderwood took a punt and it didn't work out or either of them.:rolleyes:

Jay
02-12-2011, 03:30 PM
He's been injured for nearly all his Hibs career. Calderwood took a punt and it didn't work out or either of them.:rolleyes:

:agree: Was he not injured when he arrived and not even played a handful of games due to injury? Bit harsh to call him a hopeless player when we havent really seen him. Wont be a great miss because of this and will free up some wages.

H18sry
02-12-2011, 03:30 PM

No he was just pooh :rolleyes:

Hfc_Since1875
02-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Hes not a hopless player....
Anyone who saw him in pre-season will vouch for that!

Ill be dissappointed if this is true as i think he has the potential to be a cracking player for us!

J-C
02-12-2011, 03:51 PM
Maybe PF is freeing up wages and space in the squad Allowing him to bring in players he knows who could do a job and guys he can trust.

I really had high hopes for Thornhill but let's face it... He did nowt. Not really bothered who goes TBH as long as PF brings guys in who get us winning.

Well if he wants to bring in that Lithuanuan chap, Sodje's wages will be needed.

Row H
02-12-2011, 03:52 PM

Ill be dissappointed if this is true as i think he has the potential to be a cracking player for us!

Cheers Matt. :aok:

marinello59
02-12-2011, 04:15 PM
No big loss, hopeless player.

Disagree. A good player who couldn't stay clear of injury.

SteveHFC
02-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Impressed me but if Pat feels we can get better players than him so be it. :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-12-2011, 04:17 PM
As a rule, you can't miss what you have never had, so that kinda covers it for his football career with us so far. Nothing against the boy, but when we are picking over the bones of Calderwood's time in charge of us, I think that he will go down as one of Calderwood's chums, like Agogo.:loser:

Baldy Foghorn
02-12-2011, 04:31 PM
Disagree. A good player who couldn't stay clear of injury.

:agree: :agree:

Thought he did reasonably well in a few games for us, but hindered by injuries..........

blackpoolhibs
02-12-2011, 04:34 PM

I'm not sure i can judge a player properly against the likes of east fife and berwick? He's done very little for us since arriving, injured when he came, and virtually injured the rest of the time bar a few games where he did ok or was missing in others.

I have no idea if he's any good, not seen enough of him.

Lofarl
02-12-2011, 04:58 PM
If the boy or any of the players have a attitude problem they can bolt. We have been soft for far to long. If Fenlon gets rid of some of these players who have done nothing for the club so be it.

BoltonHibee
02-12-2011, 05:00 PM
He offers Hibs nothing, hope he is emptied

Judas Iscariot
02-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Aye looked Barry against the mighty Livi etc during preseason :rolleyes:

Billy Whizz
02-12-2011, 05:10 PM
To be fair you can't blame for our woes as he's hardly played

Cropley10
02-12-2011, 05:41 PM
He's been injured for absolutely ages. Remember him in the Derby being like the new Brian Kerr.

keep the faith
02-12-2011, 05:51 PM
I like thornhill its just a shame he is always injured and that can't carry on. sodje and agogo are journeyman and on short contracts so can understand we may want to prepare for life without them. How to move on Scott on a three year deal is more of a problem if you ask me.

Hopefully Ross county get promoted and Adams wants his man back!

Golden Bear
02-12-2011, 05:54 PM
I like thornhill its just a shame he is always injured and that can't carry on. sodje and agogo are journeyman and on short contracts so can understand we may want to prepare for life without them. How to move on Scott on a three year deal is more of a problem if you ask me.

Hopefully Ross county get promoted and Adams wants his man back!

No need - he already has Sam Morrow ready to strike fear into the hearts of the SPL defenders.

lucky
02-12-2011, 06:04 PM
He can play but is too slow for the SPL. Always injured. So if he's emptied he's no real loss.

IWasThere2016
02-12-2011, 06:12 PM
Impressed me but if Pat feels we can get better players than him so be it. :agree:

:agree: Hasn't contributed enough so no surprise.

BroxburnHibee
02-12-2011, 06:28 PM
Never impressed me - won't miss him

E10 Rifle
02-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Have any of Calderwood's signings (other than Sproule and O'Connor) really cut the mustard?

tamig
02-12-2011, 08:18 PM
Shame about this. Always thought Thornhill looked a player when he was fit. We missed him badly at the end of last season. He was really coming on to a game just before the split imo. Pity he seems to be one of these guys with an unfortunate knack for picking up injuries. Was looking forward to seeing him and Osbourne linking up.

Beefster
02-12-2011, 08:27 PM
Have any of Calderwood's signings (other than Sproule and O'Connor) really cut the mustard?

I'd remove Sproule from your list but add Osbourne.

Iain G
02-12-2011, 08:28 PM
Shame about this. Always thought Thornhill looked a player when he was fit. We missed him badly at the end of last season. He was really coming on to a game just before the split imo. Pity he seems to be one of these guys with an unfortunate knack for picking up injuries. Was looking forward to seeing him and Osbourne linking up.

I wonder if PH has decided that he cant afford to have an injury prone player on the books at all, regardless of if he is good or not. Could simply be that he see's the wages being better spent elsewhere...

Gmack7
02-12-2011, 08:30 PM
ozzy for me

Dirkster23
02-12-2011, 08:44 PM
I'd remove Sproule from your list but add Osbourne.

:agree:

The Harp Awakes
02-12-2011, 09:49 PM
He's one of the 'nightclub brigade.' I've met him a few times, a ****ing tosser and gid riddance.

I suspect Paddy Fenlon has upped the tempo in training and Thornhill has started squealing. Good to hear Paddy saying on the radio tonight that he'll have the players in training tomorrow, to do more than they would have done had the game not been abandoned.

Too many work shy players in the Hibs squad without doubt. It's been so obvious in games under Calderwood that the players weren't interested in working hard on the pitch particularly off the ball, which must be a reflection on the way they have been coached under the previous Manager. Billy Brown said in a media interview last week that since CC went he'd changed things in training.

No messing Paddy, get stuck into them.

Kato
02-12-2011, 09:52 PM
Good to hear Paddy saying on the radio tonight that he'll have the players in training tomorrow

This made me smile.

Andy74
02-12-2011, 10:26 PM
Calderwoods unworkable legacy is worse than the previous one.

greenlex
02-12-2011, 10:29 PM

Even if PF gets it working?:confused:

Pedantic_Hibee
02-12-2011, 10:29 PM
I wonder if PH has decided that he cant afford to have an injury prone player on the books at all, regardless of if he is good or not. Could simply be that he see's the wages being better spent elsewhere...

Nah, I've no decided anything, ya presumptious git :wink::greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
02-12-2011, 10:30 PM

Two cheeks of the same erse I would say, CC's work was merely a continuation of the "work" Hughes carried out.

Andy74
02-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Two cheeks of the same erse I would say, CC's work was merely a continuation of the "work" Hughes carried out.

Far too many main signings not good enough and probably on decent money. Thornhill, Scott, Agogo, Palsson, Sodje the main culprits.

Pedantic_Hibee
02-12-2011, 10:40 PM
Far too many main signings not good enough and probably on decent money. Thornhill, Scott, Agogo, Palsson, Sodje the main culprits.

Replace the names with de Graaf, Miller, Hart et al and you could easily be talking about Yogi.

Regardless, they're in the past now and no amount of revisionism can change it. Onwards and upwards with Paddy. :pfgwa

Albion Hibs
02-12-2011, 11:55 PM
Heard the same with a few of them, papped to train with the 19's. Would be surprised if it was all Fenlons, perhaps more Brown with a view to helping Fenlon free up some wages for players he wants to bring in during the january window.