PDA

View Full Version : Well done Motherwell.

andy1875
02-12-2011, 09:04 AM
Just seen the interview on Sky Sports from Fir Park regarding the game tonight and see the admission fees have been slashed to £10 for adults and £5 for kids. In difficult times for everyone I think this is a great gesture. I unfortunately can't make it along tonight but sure there will be a more than decent Hibs support.

FWIW I think all SPL games should be capped at £15 for adults and £5 for kids. Wishful thinking but lets see others in the league take a leaf out Motherwells book.

GGTTH

DaveF
02-12-2011, 09:27 AM
The price cut has tempted me and my son along so I agree - top marks to Motherwell for doing this.

easty
02-12-2011, 09:41 AM
I decided to go to the game the other day, didn't know it was only a tenner to get in though, good stuff.

Andy74
02-12-2011, 10:20 AM
Just seen the interview on Sky Sports from Fir Park regarding the game tonight and see the admission fees have been slashed to £10 for adults and £5 for kids. In difficult times for everyone I think this is a great gesture. I unfortunately can't make it along tonight but sure there will be a more than decent Hibs support.

FWIW I think all SPL games should be capped at £15 for adults and £5 for kids. Wishful thinking but lets see others in the league take a leaf out Motherwells book.

GGTTH

Agree but we'd need a cap on wages first. Or at least we'd have to accept the adjustment to an even lower standard of player than we already have.

andy1875
02-12-2011, 10:32 AM
I sometimes wonder how many fans actually stay away from games simply due to the fact they can't afford to go. Surely our attendances would be significantly greater charging £15 an adult as opposed to £28 for Cat A games and also £23 to travel to Aberdeen soon.

I accept it's a fine balance between cutting costs to much and effectively losing money but the SPL needs to take a long hard look at prices for a pretty average standard of football.

Andy74
02-12-2011, 10:35 AM
I sometimes wonder how many fans actually stay away from games simply due to the fact they can't afford to go. Surely our attendances would be significantly greater charging £15 an adult as opposed to £28 for Cat A games and also £23 to travel to Aberdeen soon.

I accept it's a fine balance between cutting costs to much and effectively losing money but the SPL needs to take a long hard look at prices for a pretty average standard of football.

Doesn't work like that. You have a certain amount of people that will go and what you might gain by dragging in some who are price led you lose in lost revenue from those who would still have gone at the higher price.

Several clubs have tried it various times largely with the same results.

andy1875
02-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Doesn't work like that. You have a certain amount of people that will go and what you might gain by dragging in some who are price led you lose in lost revenue from those who would still have gone at the higher price.

Several clubs have tried it various times largely with the same results.

All fair points mate and is what I was kind of hinting at. Fine balance to be had between cutting costs and losing the income you would have generated in anycase.

Andy74
02-12-2011, 10:41 AM
All fair points mate and is what I was kind of hinting at. Fine balance to be had between cutting costs and losing the income you would have generated in anycase.

I'm all for constantly making sure the balance is correct though - and in some way in keeping with the product or the number of those who will just go anyway regardless of price diminishes.