PDA

View Full Version : no christmas cheer from dundee.utd

monktonharp
30-11-2011, 11:47 PM
just noticed that the arabs want £25 for adults at the xmas eve game. are they scrooges, or just plain daft? not too happy either about the £28 quid for the derby, but Ido think that the cost of a ticket for the ICTgame is more acceptable. fair play to the motherwell chief, she seems to be more forward thinking than any club chair/person has been for years. would'nt it be nice if the caley game at least, gave our hard pressed supporters a festive boost by reducing the prices like 'well? would get a lot more in the ground too,to give much needed support

TrickyNicky
01-12-2011, 12:39 AM
just noticed that the arabs want £25 for adults at the xmas eve game. are they scrooges, or just plain daft? not too happy either about the £28 quid for the derby, but Ido think that the cost of a ticket for the ICTgame is more acceptable. fair play to the motherwell chief, she seems to be more forward thinking than any club chair/person has been for years. would'nt it be nice if the caley game at least, gave our hard pressed supporters a festive boost by reducing the prices like 'well? would get a lot more in the ground too,to give much needed support

If it was at ER on Christmas Eve, Rod Petrie would've opened the gates to all for free!!!

KWJ
01-12-2011, 01:18 AM
When John Boyle greatly reduced prices for a while at Well he said that in the end it didn't work as the gates weren't up enough to support it. Great shame.

I've been able to get in for student price the past year and even with that I've not been all that much, only 3 times this season.

The fans that have been going under CC have been doing so out of blind loyalty to the team and unfortunately for them the clubs can charge what they want.

Here's hoping for a change under the new regime and a 20,000 + Easter Road soon.

hibbytam
01-12-2011, 01:22 AM
If it was at ER on Christmas Eve, Rod Petrie would've opened the gates to all for free!!!

Only if he'd been visited by the ghosts of hibs past present and future

TrickyNicky
01-12-2011, 01:41 AM
When John Boyle greatly reduced prices for a while at Well he said that in the end it didn't work as the gates weren't up enough to support it. Great shame.

I've been able to get in for student price the past year and even with that I've not been all that much, only 3 times this season.

The fans that have been going under CC have been doing so out of blind loyalty to the team and unfortunately for them the clubs can charge what they want.

Here's hoping for a change under the new regime and a 20,000 + Easter Road soon.

It would be nice to think that clubs would have the initiative to turn the fixtures on Christmas Eve into something more than just a football match.

All kids free and a partner is half price, or a set fee which includes food/drink.

Santa, giveaways, a special guest or a concert of only 3 songs, there really has to be something all SPL clubs could come up with to increase ties with the community on a special day.

huggie1875
01-12-2011, 06:20 AM
Only if he'd been visited by the ghosts of hibs past present and future

i hear the hearts ghost of christmas future has left the club by mutual consent :greengrin

NOLA
01-12-2011, 09:15 AM
£25 notes on xmas eve, plain madness, be interested to see what the attendance for that fixture is.

Craig_in_Prague
01-12-2011, 09:27 AM
Just realized with games on the 24th, that is Xmas day here! .......great, Hibs to ruin xmas day #1 :rolleyes:

pentlando
01-12-2011, 09:31 AM
It would be nice to think that clubs would have the initiative to turn the fixtures on Christmas Eve into something more than just a football match.

All kids free and a partner is half price, or a set fee which includes food/drink.

Santa, giveaways, a special guest or a concert of only 3 songs, there really has to be something all SPL clubs could come up with to increase ties with the community on a special day.

This is definitely somewhere that SPL clubs have to address. Pre-match entertainment is non-existent, and half time entertainment is usually the predictable kids often too small to even kick the ball have to try score from the halfway line. It's rare that a whole family will really enjoy the football, so why not expand it a bit so that those not so keen on the football aspect have something else to enjoy. Like you said, mini-concerts, dance groups etc?

iwasthere1972
01-12-2011, 09:45 AM
Premier and Prime seats at Tannadice. :hilarious Trades description.

TheEastTerrace
01-12-2011, 09:49 AM
£25 for a ticket at Tannideechy - no wonder the Scottish game is dying on its knees

blackpoolhibs
01-12-2011, 10:13 AM
Why are we playing on xmas eve anyway, never mind at that time?:confused:

oconnors_strip
01-12-2011, 10:15 AM
Why are we playing on xmas eve anyway, never mind at that time?:confused:

Because its a saturday and it would have been a normal fixture if it wasn't the festive season

blackpoolhibs
01-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Because its a saturday and it would have been a normal fixture if it wasn't the festive season

I realise xmas eve is a saturday, but as most folk at xmas have more than enough to do, i'm just surprised there is football on this day.

I'd imagine crowds will be down for this game?

wearethehibs
01-12-2011, 12:10 PM
What about Aberdeen? £17 for a concession for a 12:30 game that's on the telly. Scottish football is a ****ing joke.

IWasThere2016
01-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Premier and Prime seats at Tannadice. :hilarious Trades description.

:tee hee:

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-12-2011, 03:54 PM
Arabs I was talking to at work today thought I was havering when I mentioned this. General opninion was that the date of the game and the time of the game, and the form that we are in, are compelling reasons to justify a token away support. That should have set the PR people at United thinking what the can do to attract fans.

CallumLaidlaw
01-12-2011, 05:35 PM
I realise xmas eve is a saturday, but as most folk at xmas have more than enough to do, i'm just surprised there is football on this day.

Exactly. No games being played in the EPL on Christmas eve. They have a full boxing day card instead. The way it should be

Baldy Foghorn
01-12-2011, 05:45 PM
Exactly. No games being played in the EPL on Christmas eve. They have a full boxing day card instead. The way it should be

Is there an SPL card on Hogmanay, I know we are on 2nd but is there other fixtures on the Saturday?

Danderhall Hibs
01-12-2011, 06:12 PM

The games should be on Boxing Day - they'd definitely get a bigger crowd on 26/12 than 24/12.

Maybe they've bumped the price up to £25 to cover the costs of the drop in attendance.

iwasthere1972
01-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Is there an SPL card on Hogmanay, I know we are on 2nd but is there other fixtures on the Saturday?

No. Here are the fixtures between 28/12/11 and 02/01/12. From the SPL site.

Wed 28/12/2011 AberdeenHearts19:45 - Wed 28/12/2011 CelticRangers19:45 - Wed 28/12/2011 HibernianInverness CT19:45 -
Wed 28/12/2011 MotherwellDunfermline19:45 - Wed 28/12/2011 St JohnstoneKilmarnock19:45 - Wed 28/12/2011 St MirrenDundee Utd19:45

Mon 02/01/2012 Dundee UtdAberdeen15:00 - Mon 02/01/2012 DunfermlineCeltic15:00 - Mon 02/01/2012 HibernianHearts12:15 - Mon 02/01/2012 Inverness CTSt Johnstone14:00 - Mon 02/01/2012 KilmarnockSt Mirren15:00 - Mon 02/01/2012 RangersMotherwell15:00

Baldy Foghorn
01-12-2011, 06:48 PM
No. Here are the fixtures between 28/12/11 and 02/01/12. From the SPL site.

Wed 28/12/2011 AberdeenHearts19:45 - Wed 28/12/2011 CelticRangers19:45 - Wed 28/12/2011 HibernianInverness CT19:45 -
Wed 28/12/2011 MotherwellDunfermline19:45 - Wed 28/12/2011 St JohnstoneKilmarnock19:45 - Wed 28/12/2011 St MirrenDundee Utd19:45

Mon 02/01/2012 Dundee UtdAberdeen15:00 - Mon 02/01/2012 DunfermlineCeltic15:00 - Mon 02/01/2012 HibernianHearts12:15 - Mon 02/01/2012 Inverness CTSt Johnstone14:00 - Mon 02/01/2012 KilmarnockSt Mirren15:00 - Mon 02/01/2012 RangersMotherwell15:00

Thats madness....Christmas Eve and Hogmanay fall on a Saturday, so they arrange games 1 Saturday and 1 Monday.....Magic planning

Del Boy
01-12-2011, 07:07 PM
It's 22 quid at tannadice on Xmas eve for lower tier, 25 quid is for top tier. I'll be there, beats Christmas shopping

Billy Whizz
01-12-2011, 07:10 PM

It's a Category A game for Utd, hence the hike in prices

SouthamptonHibs
01-12-2011, 07:19 PM
i'll be at Tannidice on 24th! not been to a Hibs game since we last played them 3v3 at Easter road, i find that the one off match ticket doesn't seem to pricey when I divide the price by all the games i've missed since i last went!
If your there every week i agree that £25 is a bit dear to watch SPL!
Hail Hail

Mind you when i go to the Pompey games it's £30 per ticket! Southampton are £27 plus booking fee. Championship no better than SPL to watch

blackpoolhibs
01-12-2011, 08:39 PM

Boxing day would be a great day for getting out and watching a game. Its as if those in charge really dont have a clue what the ordinary fan wants?

Boxing day and new years day should be compulsory days for football, a tradition. Crowds would definitely rise for those games.

monktonharp
01-12-2011, 09:12 PM
Boxing day would be a great day for getting out and watching a game. Its as if those in charge really dont have a clue what the ordinary fan wants?

Boxing day and new years day should be compulsory days for football, a tradition. Crowds would definitely rise for those games.totally agree, as I'm sure the vast majority in the whole of scotland/probably england do.but, d.utd v hibs , if they tried to make it a treble A game they wouldnae entice anymore,the prices are rediculous!

Wellfan1984
02-12-2011, 07:55 AM

I think the telling part was more the fact, as Motherwell had one of the lowest turnovers in the SPL, they could not remain charging lower prices (£10 less than everywhere else) as it would give the club an even more "unfair" advantage. John Boyle has spoken out a few times about the lack of supporter related ventures by the clubs in the SPL

Reaper
02-12-2011, 09:54 AM

This is one of the worst things about the SPL. I grudge that at ER and feel sorry for the prices we charge to away fans, at least, however, after charging fans this price, we give them a decent modern stadium and facilities. Charging that for that Ramshackle end at Tannadice is shocking.

Since90+2
02-12-2011, 10:01 AM
This is one of the worst things about the SPL. I grudge that at ER and feel sorry for the prices we charge to away fans, at least, however, after charging fans this price, we give them a decent modern stadium and facilities. Charging that for that Ramshackle end at Tannadice is shocking.

I dont think its the standard of the stadium or the facilities that is the problem.

Its to do with the standard on the park. I dont go into a stadium and if the game is pish , which it is most of the time , think its justified because I have a nice seat in a nice stadium.

Reaper
02-12-2011, 10:21 AM
I dont think its the standard of the stadium or the facilities that is the problem.

Its to do with the standard on the park. I dont go into a stadium and if the game is pish , which it is most of the time , think its justified because I have a nice seat in a nice stadium.

Neither do I. I was making the point that not only is their product ***** but so's their facilities. At least we've got one out of two. The wrong one unfortunately but at the same time product isn't always enough, you have to increase the appeal of your brand as well. Hibs are half way there.

Andy74
02-12-2011, 10:56 AM

I don't know. When Christmas Eve is a weekday I generally still have to work for most of it, as many others do. I manage for all those years not to do all those other things that are there to do. Swap work for the footie and it all works out the same.

blackpoolhibs
02-12-2011, 12:22 PM
I don't know. When Christmas Eve is a weekday I generally still have to work for most of it, as many others do. I manage for all those years not to do all those other things that are there to do. Swap work for the footie and it all works out the same.

But you still have to swap something around, whether its work or something else. Having the festive games on what most folk have a holiday just seems better for those that really matter, the fans.

Andy74
02-12-2011, 01:00 PM
But you still have to swap something around, whether its work or something else. Having the festive games on what most folk have a holiday just seems better for those that really matter, the fans.

But Saturday is a day off so don't see the problem with people getting to the football.

As I said Christmas Eve is normally a work day so not as if people have a host of things they normally do on Christmas Eve that means the football is a non starter.

blackpoolhibs
02-12-2011, 05:04 PM
But Saturday is a day off so don't see the problem with people getting to the football.

As I said Christmas Eve is normally a work day so not as if people have a host of things they normally do on Christmas Eve that means the football is a non starter.

There shouldnt be any problem with going to a match, as you say it is a saturday. I just think some will have last minute things to do, that will probably make them miss the game. I do think boxing day and new years day during the festive season should be allocated as football days.

There should be games on these days, and folk would be able to make these games more. Crowds would rise for these games, rather than perhaps drop as i think they might on xmas eve.

After all, football is supposed to be for the fans, and not everyone can just say sod it, i'm off to the match. Some folk are married, and their other half's will be wanting a little help xmas eve. Some will say **** it, others will not. Personally i dont think whoever is in charge of this has thought it through properly.