PDA

View Full Version : (YAMS) Fans idea for their new main stand!

Archie70
30-11-2011, 07:33 PM
The following is lifted from Brokeback, no wonder we call them deluded. Apologies if already posted.

[I]Could Hearts not get planning permission to build another level onto the main stand with an extra few thousand seats and a length of sponsors lounges , saving the club all the extra costs of re-location ?

Can it be done ?

Phil D. Rolls
30-11-2011, 07:38 PM
The following is lifted from Brokeback, no wonder we call them deluded. Apologies if already posted.

[I]Could Hearts not get planning permission to build another level onto the main stand with an extra few thousand seats and a length of sponsors lounges , saving the club all the extra costs of re-location ?

Can it be done ?

If only we had 400,000 fans, we could approach problems with the same can do attitude. Hobos, that's all we'll ever be.

Kaiser_Sauzee
30-11-2011, 07:39 PM
Surely he means another level onto the asbestos stand?

magpie1892
30-11-2011, 07:40 PM

Can it be done ?

You're on the wind up. Not even the yam is that stupid.

soupy
30-11-2011, 07:40 PM
Somebodys at the wind up :-)

lyonhibs
30-11-2011, 07:43 PM

Can it be done ?

Another tier?? On top of the main stand?? That cringeworthy, asbetos-ridden rustbucket?? I daresay if you so much as breath on that stand too strongly it'll come tumbling down. In fact, was there not some story that the roof got hit by the ball in a recent match and caused a muckle great bit hole??

You couldn't make it up - the only new "lengths" that'll be given out at Tynecastle is Vlad's length into the supine 400,000 Jamboids

Aldo
30-11-2011, 07:48 PM
I am sure our old main stand was condemned. Build on it, should be pulled down. In debt, nae money *****hole of a ground.

Club on the up. ;)

Kato
30-11-2011, 07:57 PM
Another tier? A cup of tea placed on the roof of that dump would bring it down.

nortonhibby
30-11-2011, 07:59 PM

Can it be done ?

The Asbestos ridden timber fire hazard stand should be shut down i honestly fear that people will be killed in that tip it is over 100 years old now and should not get a licence.
There friendly relationdship with the council will ensure that health/fire hazard remains open.
Till people get hurt.:confused:

Cabbage East
30-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Someone paste the replies

hibbill2002
30-11-2011, 08:37 PM
I hear they're moving to Tollcross, Leven Street to be precise. They are also looking to get the season cut down to 4 weeks and just play during the month of December, Playing every day except Sundays with a matinee game on a Saturday afternoon.

down the slope
30-11-2011, 08:44 PM
This from Charlie Brown , prize trumpet of the year

"These 'temporary' stands similar to those used for the Edinburgh Military Tattoo could be built over & above the existing Main Stand at Tynecastle and be supported by a steel-frame structure ... at Edinburgh Castle they are built over & above the castle & esplanade external stone walls. http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif "

What can you say ?.

Fish
30-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Jambo's in Leven Street, that would be a tradegy, too close to one of the finest bars (Bennets) in Edinburgh, not only because I worked there during 89-90.....

down the slope
30-11-2011, 08:50 PM

Someone has put Charlie right as to his plan for building a temporary stand over the firetrap

" part of the steel frame structure you suggest would be on the pitch,that might cause a problem "

hibbill2002
30-11-2011, 08:50 PM
Jambo's in Leven Street, that would be a tradegy, too close to one of the finest bars (Bennets) in Edinburgh, not only because I worked there during 89-90.....

Was the manager called Billy?

Cabbage East
30-11-2011, 08:59 PM
This from Charlie Brown , prize trumpet of the year

"These 'temporary' stands similar to those used for the Edinburgh Military Tattoo could be built over & above the existing Main Stand at Tynecastle and be supported by a steel-frame structure ... at Edinburgh Castle they are built over & above the castle & esplanade external stone walls. http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif "

What can you say ?.

Surely that's one of us?!

Peevemor
30-11-2011, 09:38 PM
That's old hat - I had that idea almost 4 years ago when they first spoke about the mega-development.

Here's a mock up I did with an extra tier on the old stand. I put their hotel on the roof of the school end while I was at it. :greengrin

down-the-slope
30-11-2011, 09:53 PM
That's old hat - I had that idea almost 4 years ago when they first spoke about the mega-development.

Here's a mock up I did with an extra tier on the old stand. I put their hotel on the roof of the school end while I was at it. :greengrin

That makes the old stand look miles better...open plan so you can enjoy the elements etc :greengrin....your Hotel idea is just ridiculous though :rolleyes:

Liberal Hibby
30-11-2011, 10:12 PM
To be fair it is what Rangers did at Ibrox.

iwasthere1972
30-11-2011, 10:23 PM

Can it be done ?

Don't see why not. They could always discuss the planning application the next time they're in bed with the council.

Seriously another tier on top of that rickety old thing? A wendy house is more sturdy than that heap of poo.

Pete
30-11-2011, 10:45 PM

Now that's a fine home for a big team.

iwasthere1972
30-11-2011, 10:55 PM

Do you work for the CEC?

TrickyNicky
30-11-2011, 11:01 PM
Mibbe a wee song is in order.

Yer bust, maroon
Yer stand is fallin doon
Deluded Jambos

ballengeich
30-11-2011, 11:19 PM

Superb architecture. The rooms overlooking the pitch will give you unparalleled occupancy rates for the 300,000 plus fans who can't obtain tickets for the invariably sold-out home games. Offer tours of the European trophy cabinet for days when the team aren't at home. Manchester United will shrivel into insignifance.

TrickyNicky
30-11-2011, 11:34 PM
Or to Ini Kamozes - Here comes the hotstepper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FsAIqPUnpI

Hit it, Na nananananananannnananananana, nananananana

Here comes the bulldozer, Vladimir
Yuh Luthuanian gangster, Vladimir
Took The Hearts right oot ay Edinburgh, Vladimir
We love you fir that, Vladimir

No, The Hibs won't die
Yes, we will multiply
Everyone here can hear the fat lady sing
Act like yer sheiite don't stink
Everythins awright ye think
Ye's are goin bust, uh oh!
We are ch-ch ching

Na nananananananannnananananana, nananananana

Gatecrasher
01-12-2011, 07:08 AM

Whats that thing on top of the stand behind the goals :faf:

DC_Hibs
01-12-2011, 07:19 AM
To be fair it is what Rangers did at Ibrox.

That's the best response yet, Genius!
I'd also love them to stick another tier on that as it means more of them being in it when it collapses and they are still not Uefa compliant.

It would probably cost more to tart up the old deathtrap than it would to bulldoze it and build another meccano shell.

Leithenhibby
01-12-2011, 07:24 AM
That's the best response yet, Genius!
I'd also love them to stick another tier on that as it means more of them being in it when it collapses and they are still not Uefa compliant.

It would probably cost more to tart up the old deathtrap than it would to bulldoze it and build another meccano shell.

Too far ..... :tsk tsk:

Peevemor
01-12-2011, 07:48 AM
Whats that thing on top of the stand behind the goals :faf:

What's funny? :confused: That's their hotel.

WindyMiller
01-12-2011, 07:58 AM
Someone has put Charlie right as to his plan for building a temporary stand over the firetrap

" part of the steel frame structure you suggest would be on the pitch,that might cause a problem "

But Charlie's not the type to be put off easily!;

"The OP asked if "Could Hearts Build another level onto the top of the Main Stand" ?
Well the answer is quite clearly YES they could - it's simply a matter of designing the structural engineering support which is definitely possible versus the cost/viability".

ShanksSaidNo
01-12-2011, 08:31 AM
Or to Ini Kamozes - Here comes the hotstepper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FsAIqPUnpI

Hit it, Na nananananananannnananananana, nananananana

No, The Hibs won't die
Yes, we will multiply
Everyone here can hear the fat lady sing
Act like yer sheiite don't stink
Everythins awright ye think
Ye's are goin bust, uh oh!
We are ch-ch ching

Na nananananananannnananananana, nananananana

Superb. Post that on the songs for the singing section thread. Obviously the verse is a non-starter but the chorus is spot on, then "Na nananananananannnananananana, nananananana" would sound immense.
If you dont, i will!

sadtom
01-12-2011, 10:59 AM
Maybe he meant for the 'new level' to be underneath?
The new 'below the pitch' tier! The best, most sought after view in the stadium.

Seveno
01-12-2011, 12:00 PM
Keep this to yourself but I have just heard that tey are to add a 3rd tier to the old stand so that it can take in a tram stop. It's the only way to get the 400,000 Yams into the stadium without causing massive traffic congestion.

Chief Engineer, Harry Potter, has confirmed that the plan is viable and has suggested that the stadium could also be used for Quidditch matches to bring in extra income.

:cb

HFC07
01-12-2011, 12:15 PM
why would they even think about adding to the stand that is not fit for purpose, the cost of adding to the stand and fixing the probelms would out weight knocking it down and starting again. But I forgot they do not have any money to do either option :yamlaugh: