PDA

View Full Version : Liam O'Brien Interview

Billy
30-11-2011, 01:11 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20111130/obrien-excited-by-challenge_2262950_2533012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnWeXoQ_ZcE

Stevie Reid
30-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Didn't see much of him as a player but whenever I did, he always looked shear class - wee clip here from a superb game, watch the last 30 secs and see how close he was to putting Tranmere through to the League Cup Final: -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQouQtaKr44

Will watch the interview later, no sound at the moment.

banchoryhibs
30-11-2011, 01:35 PM
I like his views:top marks

Discipline, hard work plus morning and afternoon shifts at EM.......... I guess that one or two players are in for a wake up call ..... and not before time:agree:

Let's hope that this translates into success on the pitch sooner rather than later:aok:

Beefster
30-11-2011, 01:39 PM
"You have to have them in morning and afternoon"

That'll do me. They might still be mince at the end of it but they should be fit.

Dashing Bob S
30-11-2011, 01:58 PM

That'll do me. They might still be mince at the end of it but they should be fit.

Exactly. The mince-but-fit combo works for every other team in the SPL, so why not us, to level things a bit, at least until we can get some quality in?

--------
30-11-2011, 04:34 PM

But when will they find time to go to the bookie's? :rolleyes:

It appears that our manager, assistant manager, and first-team coach are finally all singing from the same song-sheet - hard work and application at the training ground and on the pitch.

Interviews don't necessarily mean a lot, admittedly, but I'm feeling a wee bit happier now than I was this time last week.

3pm
30-11-2011, 05:06 PM
Exactly. The mince-but-fit combo works for every other team in the SPL, so why not us, to level things a bit, at least until we can get some quality in?

Lean mince is better for you.

ScottB
30-11-2011, 05:13 PM
Definitely agree with that, the idea that they were doing a couple hours a day and that was it struck me as insane!

As others have said, if at the least we are fit, we will improve.

Northernhibee
30-11-2011, 05:55 PM
This is where it comes good - we have arguably the best training ground in Scottish football - the more that LOB, Nutsy and BB look to get out of it, there will be substantially more benefit in relation to the efforts than any other team who put in the hours.

I don't understand why CC and Yogi never realised this. Play to the clubs strengths, and we'll see us creep up the league table in time.

GGTTH

TowerHibs
30-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Hard intense sessions in morning and set pieces in afternoon!

Be amazing the difference in a team being able to keep possession at a throw in and deliver a set piece. Simple but effective fixes

Been years since we took a decent shy

Speedway
30-11-2011, 07:16 PM
Anyone notice that he's got a LOB on?

Just as well he wasn't called Kevin Neil O'Brien.

CFC
30-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Didn't see much of him as a player but whenever I did, he always looked shear class. Superb player in my eyes, probably Newcastles best player when they won promotion in 1993. Had a nice long range pass, reminded me a little bit of Glenn Hoddle tbh. Im glad hes at Hibs.