PDA

View Full Version : NHC Authentic taste of brazil...

Viva_Palmeiras
30-11-2011, 12:52 PM
Tescos (nr Bonnyrigg at least) are now selling the original Guarana drink from Antarctica.

Wondered why they hadn't done this years ago or Barrs didn't have some reciprocal agreement.

A bit pricey at £4.35 for a pack of 6 (it's a sweet soft drink).

For the alcho lovers lidls in prestonpans were selling cachaca (distilled sugarcane for making caipirinha) for £9.99

The Brazilian revolution is coming the future bright the futures Brazilian!

The Green Goblin
30-11-2011, 01:25 PM
If Pao de Acucar started selling Irn Bru, that would save me smuggling 3 litres of the stuff in my suitcase every time I came back...

GG

Twiglet
30-11-2011, 05:03 PM
Tescos (nr Bonnyrigg at least) are now selling the original Guarana drink from Antarctica.

Wondered why they hadn't done this years ago or Barrs didn't have some reciprocal agreement.

A bit pricey at £4.35 for a pack of 6 (it's a sweet soft drink).

For the alcho lovers lidls in prestonpans were selling cachaca (distilled sugarcane for making caipirinha) for £9.99

The Brazilian revolution is coming the future bright the futures Brazilian!

:woohoo:I've been buying it from Brazilian Sensation up to now, where it's more expensive, but it's good to have more option of where to buy. I tempted to keep going to BS when I can to support a local independent company.

As for Cachaça, I can take it or leave it. It's a bit of an acquired taste and I'm not quite 100% sure yet. Last time we I was in Brasil we went to a churrascaria in Rio which had different flavours of Caparinhas. Got to say, the original was the nicest, the strawberry was not too nice, tasted a bit like off strawberries. Will need a few more before I'm convinced either way.