PDA

View Full Version : What i don't understand is...

proud_and_green
30-11-2011, 12:56 PM
How come when a fooball manager gets sacked for being crap he gets compensation?

In most other walks of life, if you get sacked all you get is a size 10 doc marten up your arse and your jotters.

cabbageandribs1875
30-11-2011, 12:59 PM
How come when a fooball manager gets sacked for being crap he gets compensation?

In most other walks of life, if you get sacked all you get is a size 10 doc marten up your arse and your jotters.

aaah, i'm feeling all nostalgic now, felt like i was walking on air wearing the good old docs :greengrin YLT ya bass

SquashedFrogg
30-11-2011, 01:00 PM

Because they sign a contract :cb (man I love that smiley)

JimBHibees
30-11-2011, 01:00 PM

Its because they sign for specific terms. If they are awful and their contract runs out they would be let go for nothing. It can work both ways of course such as Hibs having Mowbray on a longer term contract and being able to get compensation from the Baggies.

SquashedFrogg
30-11-2011, 01:02 PM
:cb (sorry, couldn't help myself)

snooky
30-11-2011, 01:05 PM

:agree: For some reason it always makes me think of Colonel Tom Parker (Elvis's manager).

SquashedFrogg
30-11-2011, 01:07 PM
:agree: For some reason it always makes me think of Colonel Tom Parker (Elvis's manager).

Reminds me of the ex wife

Kojock
30-11-2011, 01:13 PM
What i don't understand is...

Chinese writing :confused:

Jones28
30-11-2011, 01:25 PM
In most senior management roles you have a contract that has to be seen out by the employer, if they want rid they have to pay compensation. Simples!

pentlando
30-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Because success and failure in football is subjective, not objective. This especially applies to managers who are sacked during the season. There is no-one that can say 100% that Hibs would have been relegated under Calderwood, and equally 100% that we wouldn't have mounted an unbelievable winning run and ended up finishing in 3rd place.

The only way a manager could be sacked for performance without compensation is if targets are agreed and signed by both parties prior to the season beginning. Even then, the board would have to wait until it was mathematically impossible for that position to be achieved to relieve the manager of his duties.

Craig_in_Prague
30-11-2011, 02:07 PM

Stop going on dodgy sites then :wink:

lucky
30-11-2011, 02:21 PM
I have a five year contract, if my employer wishes to terminate it early then its paid up. I also have a clause if its not renewed I get a years salary. This similar to what MPs have. Not bad if you can get it.

I would imagine that agents that do deals for their clients will ensure decent pay off but likewise Hibs will probably have clauses inserted into it to ensure there are get out clauses. Some contracts are written up now that they place you on gardening leave on full pay and that if you want to take up a new job you must get permission from from your employer usually forfitting the right to compensation

HibbyAndy
30-11-2011, 02:23 PM

:agree: Its a barry smiley

:cb:cb

kennyh
30-11-2011, 04:25 PM
I would imagine that agents that do deals for their clients will ensure decent pay off but likewise Hibs will probably have clauses inserted into it to ensure there are get out clauses. Some contracts are written up now that they place you on gardening leave on full pay and that if you want to take up a new job you must get permission from from your employer usually forfitting the right to compensation[/QUOTE]

I do not believe that CC had his contract paid up in full and be able to walk straight into his new job. Did someone not ask RP if Yogi was still on the pay roll and not get a straight answer at the AGM. I would think that CC would be relieved of his duties and continue to be paid his standard pay with no further bonus's (HA HA) that are generated after his departure. If he wanted to get a new job he would have needed Hibs permission and of course RP would agree on condition he came off the pay roll.

proud_and_green
30-11-2011, 07:04 PM

That's true....and women.....!!

I do take the points about objectivity and subjectivity and if you can get a contract which pays you a year's salary on dismissal then fine. But this must be the exception to the norm. Normally, an employee who is not performing is put on some sort of restoring efficiency programme and if there is no improvement in the eyes of the manager then you're dismissed without any compensation. I suppose it reinforcess the fact that the world of professional football is a very privileged one and a world apart from most of us!

Sammy7nil
30-11-2011, 07:18 PM
That's true....and women.....!!

I do take the points about objectivity and subjectivity and if you can get a contract which pays you a year's salary on dismissal then fine. But this must be the exception to the norm. Normally, an employee who is not performing is put on some sort of restoring efficiency programme and if there is no improvement in the eyes of the manager then you're dismissed without any compensation. I suppose it reinforcess the fact that the world of professional football is a very privileged one and a world apart from most of us!

Who decides ?

Deek 50% on here love him 50% say he is a lazy twat how would you prove who is right ?