PDA

View Full Version : Our clubs future

Hibby cal
30-11-2011, 02:55 AM
After years of wage caps and a deteriating playing
Staff could we now maybe be on the edge of an new
Era???
When I look at other clubs around us who have lived
Beyond there means maybe it's been worth it.

We now have a state of the art stadium & training complex
(we own). We must now start putting together a
Football team we can be proud of, also start bringing
Through good youths again.
I feel ( tho not my first choice) that pat fenlon could
Be the man to take us forward. He's spoken well in his
Interviews so far and He seems to be a positive/winner.
Only time will tell?? But I feel good times are on the horizon:flag::agree::flag:

AgentDaleCooper
30-11-2011, 03:28 AM
probably not :aok:

Spike Mandela
30-11-2011, 03:39 AM
Era???

Only time will tell?? But I feel good times are on the horizon:flag::agree::flag:

.............or we could get relegated!:devil:

Hibby cal
30-11-2011, 03:59 AM
.............or we could get relegated!:devil:

Good to see fellow supporters being possitive

ScottB
30-11-2011, 08:29 AM
Haven't we infact been paying more and more wages each of the last few years?

greenginger
30-11-2011, 08:37 AM
Its not the wages we pay thats the problem its who we pay them to ! :wink:

Hakim Sar
30-11-2011, 09:27 AM
Great positivity. However we can't just 'start' bringing through good youths. The well has run dry a touch over the last wee while but here is hoping for a fantastic future for some of our u19s.

I would like us to go down the Motherwell route of picking up good youngsters from down south on loan for a season. If they don't work out they are easy to punt back to where they came from.

basehibby
30-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Era???

:agree: Great positive post and NOT in the realms of fantasy either! With a lot of clubs struggling Hibs are in relatively good shape - the crucial element to get right is the manager and if we've got it right this time with Fenlon then the future could indeed be rosy - he will need time and backing though.

Hibs have done well in building a superb infrastructure over the last 10-15 years - now it's time to do the exactly same thing with the team!

1950's hibbie
30-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Hibs have show admirable financial restraint while others have not, to some extent it has affected performance on the pitch. My concern would be if, Hearts and Rangers went into admin, that would leave a financially questionable Celtic as the big crowd gatherer, who would fill the void of two of our main away supporter crowds to fill our big new stadium.

Captain Trips
30-11-2011, 02:25 PM
Era???

I would say we have been in this position already for a while and failed thus far with this advantage and all this was said before several times. I hope Pat can take us forward.

Phil MaGlass
30-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Its not the wages we pay thats the problem its who we pay them to ! :wink:

100% right. Theres also no need for high wages during a recession, especially when fans are struggling to make ends meet.

Aldo
30-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Hibs have show admirable financial restraint while others have not, to some extent it has affected performance on the pitch. My concern would be if, Hearts and Rangers went into admin, that would leave a financially questionable Celtic as the big crowd gatherer, who would fill the void of two of our main away supporter crowds to fill our big new stadium.

We will fill the stadium if we put out a winning team. I remember the team McLeish put together and going to a packed ER. European nights etc. If we can get playing again folk will come back. Remember playing Raith and getting there bout half one the queues were round the corner and there wret 13,000 plus at these games.

We win and get half decent team the fans will come back!

GG

basehibby
30-11-2011, 03:05 PM
I would say we have been in this position already for a while and failed thus far with this advantage and all this was said before several times. I hope Pat can take us forward.

Maybe to some extent but you can't deny that the chickens have most definately come home to roost for the likes of Hearts and Rangers in a way they never have before.

Hibby cal
30-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Haven't we infact been paying more and more wages each of the last few years?
I don't think we have to pay any bigger wages out , but
The wages we do pay out must go to the correct players
Who are worth it. We are going to see more & more good
Professional players become available in the near future
As other clubs will not be able to keep them as they are
In such a mess unlike hibs.
Let's hope the new management team can prosper from
There ill management and capitalise on this.
Good professionals have to pay there bills too , so they
Will come to a team like ours for financial stability.
:pfgwa

brydekirk
30-11-2011, 03:27 PM
I've got that same feeling about fenlon that I had when mcleish started building his team. The club backed him to hilt and if fenlon can show some real improvement i'm sure he will get the same backing.
Its been a while since we forked out £700,000 for a player ;-)

soproni1
30-11-2011, 03:50 PM
We will fill the stadium if we put out a winning team. I remember the team McLeish put together and going to a packed ER. European nights etc. If we can get playing again folk will come back. Remember playing Raith and getting there bout half one the queues were round the corner and there wret 13,000 plus at these games.

GG

100% agree - during the Mowbray era there was not a seat to be had for games versus Rangers, celtic and Hearts. I remember there being big crowds at midweek games also (even the league cup games against the minnows produced similar crowds to what our league matches do now).

And the award for cheesiest movie quote of the day.......Build it (the team) and they will come (back)!! :flag::pfgwa

Sas_The_Hibby
30-11-2011, 04:09 PM

GG

Well, one European night! :wink:

heretoday
30-11-2011, 04:17 PM
Sorry to state the obvious but having a spanking stadium and training complex is fine but if you fill it with rubbish players as we have been doing it's useless.

We used to get better results when we trained out the back of a minibus at the Edin Academy field.

TheBall'sRound
30-11-2011, 04:24 PM
I don't think we have to pay any bigger wages out , but
The wages we do pay out must go to the correct players
Who are worth it. We are going to see more & more good
Professional players become available in the near future
As other clubs will not be able to keep them as they are
In such a mess unlike hibs.
Let's hope the new management team can prosper from
There ill management and capitalise on this.
Good professionals have to pay there bills too , so they
Will come to a team like ours for financial stability.
:pfgwa

It's like I'm reading a poem...

Andy74
30-11-2011, 04:30 PM
I've got that same feeling about fenlon that I had when mcleish started building his team. The club backed him to hilt and if fenlon can show some real improvement i'm sure he will get the same backing.
Its been a while since we forked out £700,000 for a player ;-)

We never have. If you are referring to De La Cruz we paid nowhere near that. I'm amazed this is still quoted years later.

Sammy7nil
30-11-2011, 05:49 PM
We never have. If you are referring to De La Cruz we paid nowhere near that. I'm amazed this is still quoted years later.

Alex McLeish, the manager of Scottish Premier League club Hibernian, watched de la Cruz play in international matches for Ecuador, and then signed him in June 2001 for a club record fee of £700,000.
:confused::confused::confused: