PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Books

Dashing Bob S
29-11-2011, 11:20 PM
There seems to be a deluge of them these days, not that I'm complaining. Our written output as a support is pretty impressive. There must be about ten Hibs books to one Yam effort, though perhaps flagging up illiterates as a comparative example is hardly wise. I wonder what is inspiring those literary endeavors? It's certainly not anything that's happening on the field now. Perhaps because we're so drab, people are happier thinking about bygone days?

monktonharp
29-11-2011, 11:36 PM
There seems to be a deluge of them these days, not that I'm complaining. Our written output as a support is pretty impressive. There must be about ten Hibs books to one Yam effort, though perhaps flagging up illiterates as a comparative example is hardly wise. I wonder what is inspiring those literary endeavors? It's certainly not anything that's happening on the field now. Perhaps because we're so drab, people are happier thinking about bygone days? those days are past now, and in the past they must remain but................you know the rest Bob, but christ only knows when . ban all Hibs books,until the pheonix awakes, wi' a gold harp under his oaxter.

Iggy Pope
29-11-2011, 11:49 PM
There seems to be a deluge of them these days, not that I'm complaining. Our written output as a support is pretty impressive. There must be about ten Hibs books to one Yam effort, though perhaps flagging up illiterates as a comparative example is hardly wise. I wonder what is inspiring those literary endeavors? It's certainly not anything that's happening on the field now. Perhaps because we're so drab, people are happier thinking about bygone days?

Cannot usually respond to your observations DBS as they often leave me agog. And a bit moist.
However you are right - I should know. I contibuted to the recent WE ARE HIBERNIAN tome. Bygone days the curriculum and how else could it be?
The review on these very pages made intersting critique and while the link escapes me, it referred to 'mistakes'! Better honest mistakes from the mouths of journeymen I think, than from those that proffess better.....are there two 'f' s in proffess? Probably not.

Jonnyboy
30-11-2011, 08:58 PM
Cannot usually respond to your observations DBS as they often leave me agog. And a bit moist.
However you are right - I should know. I contibuted to the recent WE ARE HIBERNIAN tome. Bygone days the curriculum and how else could it be?
The review on these very pages made intersting critique and while the link escapes me, it referred to 'mistakes'! Better honest mistakes from the mouths of journeymen I think, than from those that proffess better.....are there two 'f' s in proffess? Probably not.

T'was I that provided said critique and below is my take on the 'mistakes' which I reckon is similar to your own :greengrin

True there are a significant number of ‘errors’ but I put this down to the author remaining true to what the fans provided rather than to errors by the author himself. In a way ‘errors’ is the wrong word because the stories being related are the recollection of the tellers and lets be honest, none of us have perfect recall and especially when the subject is so emotive!

PS There's only one effin profess erm I mean there's only one f in profess :greengrin

Iggy Pope
01-12-2011, 01:10 PM
T'was I that provided said critique and below is my take on the 'mistakes' which I reckon is similar to your own :greengrin

True there are a significant number of ‘errors’ but I put this down to the author remaining true to what the fans provided rather than to errors by the author himself. In a way ‘errors’ is the wrong word because the stories being related are the recollection of the tellers and lets be honest, none of us have perfect recall and especially when the subject is so emotive!

PS There's only one effin profess erm I mean there's only one f in profess :greengrin

Ah it was a front pager, not a thread. That's the fellah.