PDA

View Full Version : Latest Manager Interview

Billy
29-11-2011, 03:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHoqGWb7O-I

fleethibee
29-11-2011, 03:40 PM
I have to say, so far he has impressed me with his interviews. As he quite rightly points out talk is cheap and we need to start getting results. He also says, interestingly, that he felt we gave in far too cheaply for his liking on Saturday and this is something that he will be working on. If you're not willing to work hard you won't be here! I can think of a number of players that fall in to that category at the moment. Time will tell?

Sherlock Jones
29-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Cheers Billy :aok:

'Less talk more action'. Great :greengrin

Hibercelona
29-11-2011, 03:45 PM
I have to say, so far he has impressed me with his interviews. As he quite rightly points out talk is cheap and we need to start getting results. He also says, interestingly, that he felt we gave in far too cheaply for his liking on Saturday and this is something that he will be working on. If you're not willing to work hard you won't be here! I can think of a number of players that fall in to that category at the moment. Time will tell?

:agree:

Another strong interview from PF.

I like how he points out that everybody has to be working hard at the club, from top to bottom. Hopefully he can get his attitude across to the squad and get them putting a decent shift in for a change.

down-the-slope
29-11-2011, 03:45 PM
He talks a good un....dont think their will be much arm round the shoulder....being mates with the players with the 3 in that management team.

Sounded like shape up or ship out....lots have wanted to do that...lts just hope that the UN1TY promo at the moment starts right at the top all the way down to ensure we start with every one at the club in any position wanting to be at Hibs and determined to do anything to remain there....that the fans will respond to regardless of results....but we would like some of those as well please :xwave

PeeJay
29-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Thanks for posting - good interview - be interesting to see what developments appear on Friday and thereafter!

--------
29-11-2011, 04:01 PM
"You're at a good club with good facilities, but ... if it it's not going right on the park, you won't be there too long...."

That's what I'm saying!

Jack Ferrigan
29-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Thanks for posting Billy.

Good interview a lot of common sense talked,
I did like the point about giving in to cheaply I suspect that will not be happening again.

Go to it Pat and your team there's a lot of people waiting for the Hibees to come out of the doldrums.

GGTTH

Hainan Hibs
29-11-2011, 04:22 PM
Looking forward to Friday :agree:

steakbake
29-11-2011, 04:26 PM
hmmm - why can't i get sound on this badboy?

Peevemor
29-11-2011, 04:26 PM
He talks a good un....dont think their will be much arm round the shoulder....being mates with the players with the 3 in that management team.

Sounded like shape up or ship out....lots have wanted to do that...lts just hope that the UN1TY promo at the moment starts right at the top all the way down to ensure we start with every one at the club in any position wanting to be at Hibs and determined to do anything to remain there....that the fans will respond to regardless of results....but we would like some of those as well please :xwave

By far the most natural "talker" we've had as manager in a long time. Let's hope he can put it into practice.

Hibbyradge
29-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Remember, Yogi's early interviews were fantastic.

He said exactly what we wanted to hear and we were excited.

Reality became somewhat different.

Nutsy's words are fine, but I'll wait till I see what the team is doing before raising my expectations.

I still live in hope, of course, but I'm not expecting much.

Hibercelona
29-11-2011, 04:32 PM

Nutsy's words are fine, but I'll wait till I see what the team is doing before raising my expectations.

He did start off well though. :cool2:

But as soon as he started talking ****e, the whole team started to perform that way.

Hopefully PF doesn't change his tune and sticks to his plan.

HibbyKeith
29-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Cheers for posting billy, why does every hibs video only comes though one ear (left) of my headset?

JustSimplyHibs
29-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Every interview this guy has done i've been impressed, quick responses, straight to the point, strong word in his responses "everyone from top to bottom needs to work hard". :thumbsup:

So far quick decisions with the removal of two coaches who have been ever present in the back during our downward spiral, replaced by Billy and Liam, Billy who we know calls it as he see's it. Now looking like a backroom staff that will not tolerate lacklusture performance's during games and training. :thumbsup:

As we know and have experienced 'talk is cheap'

Just hope wee Paddy get's off to a good start on Friday, am really hoping that a big Hibs support makes the journey through and we come out in force the following week.

Look at the league table, a very good run between now and the end of the season would see us pushing for Europe at the most....let's face it Motherwell plus the other teams will drop alot of points by the end of the season and we need to be there to cash in

GGTTH folks :pfgwa

hibsbollah
29-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Good interview.

HibsMax
29-11-2011, 04:57 PM
Cheers for posting billy, why does every hibs video only comes though one ear (left) of my headset?

Because it's recorded in mono? I was wondering the same thing myself.

At The Edge
29-11-2011, 04:58 PM

I'm the same? it is audiable in the right channel, but its at a very low volume. think this issue was raised at the forum, getting better video cameras, boom mics etc.

HibsMax
29-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Every interview this guy has done i've been impressed, quick responses, straight to the point, strong word in his responses "everyone from top to bottom needs to work hard". :thumbsup:

So far quick decisions with the removal of two coaches who have been ever present in the back during our downward spiral, replaced by Billy and Liam, Billy who we know calls it as he see's it. Now looking like a backroom staff that will not tolerate lacklusture performance's during games and training. :thumbsup:

As we know and have experienced 'talk is cheap'

Just hope wee Paddy get's off to a good start on Friday, am really hoping that a big Hibs support makes the journey through and we come out in force the following week.

Look at the league table, a very good run between now and the end of the season would see us pushing for Europe at the most....let's face it Motherwell plus the other teams will drop alot of points by the end of the season and we need to be there to cash in

GGTTH folks :pfgwa

Lot's of people, myself included, have wondered about the "something is wrong at the club" because we've replaced managers and not improved as a team. I will put my hand up and plead ignorance because I don't pay as much attention to what's going on in the background as others but if it is the case that we've stuck with the same coaching staff all these years, why has it taken so long to try replacing them? Hopefully this is the fix.

Hibbyradge
29-11-2011, 05:04 PM
I'm not sure why folk are so taken by Nutsy's comment that "everyone from top to bottom needs to work hard". :confused:

hibiedude
29-11-2011, 05:19 PM
Another strong interview from PF but talk won't get us the 3 points on Friday

DaveF
29-11-2011, 05:22 PM
He sounds good.

Let's see it in action.

HIBERNIAN-0762
29-11-2011, 05:33 PM
hmmm - why can't i get sound on this badboy?

It's a typical cheap Hibs TV sound system, mine only comes out of one speaker, this is the main reason they will never get any money outa me!

:na na:

Sas_The_Hibby
29-11-2011, 05:36 PM

The difference being Fenlon sounds fairly intelligent. :wink:

I realise interviews mean nothing in isolation but it's an okay start. I'm not sure if your last comment is a neutral one or if you've given up on the guy already.

Sas_The_Hibby
29-11-2011, 05:38 PM
Another strong interview from PF but talk won't get us the 3 points on Friday

Hope we're not going to judge the guy on his first football game 5 days into the job!

hibbill2002
29-11-2011, 05:44 PM

Because it's recorded in mono? I was wondering the same thing myself.

I'm the same? it is audiable in the right channel, but its at a very low volume. think this issue was raised at the forum, getting better video cameras, boom mics etc.

It's a typical cheap Hibs TV sound system, mine only comes out of one speaker, this is the main reason they will never get any money outa me!

:na na:
I just got out my bed and went out to my van for another set of earphones, thinking these ones were donald ducked :embarrass

TowerHibs
29-11-2011, 05:45 PM

I'm not sure why folk are so taken by Nutsy's comment that "everyone from top to bottom needs to work hard". :confused:

Not having a go at you personally but fail to see why there is still a large amount of posters who determined not to get excited about this! Agree it could go wrong, but PF's appointment could go right. Don't see why anyone would not want to feel enthusiastic or upbeat instead of being despondent or down. I feel when PF says it requires hard work frok everyone - the fans are included! We need to change our mindset and culture - instead of thinking this might go titz up, have the mindset of this might be great.

We are far to quick to think the worst. We play a much bigger part on a Saturday than most people think and if we set the vibe/standard in the stadium, the majority of players will respond positively!

Hamish
29-11-2011, 05:48 PM

:agree: remember JH telling us all what we already knew - that we were a soft touch - he worked on this for a while, but now we are back, arguably, in a worse state than when Yogi took over.

hibiedude
29-11-2011, 05:51 PM
Hope we're not going to judge the guy on his first football game 5 days into the job!

Not for a second!!! the point i'm making is he'll be judged on what he does on the field not a TV interview and time must be given to the guy because BB was being Judged on the result of the St Johnstone game which was wrong in my opinion.

Franck Stanton
29-11-2011, 06:03 PM
:agree: remember JH telling us all what we already knew - that we were a soft touch - he worked on this for a while, but now we are back, arguably, in a worse state than when Yogi took over.

No argument,

blackpoolhibs
29-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Not having a go at you personally but fail to see why there is still a large amount of posters who determined not to get excited about this! Agree it could go wrong, but PF's appointment could go right. Don't see why anyone would not want to feel enthusiastic or upbeat instead of being despondent or down. I feel when PF says it requires hard work frok everyone - the fans are included! We need to change our mindset and culture - instead of thinking this might go titz up, have the mindset of this might be great.

We are far to quick to think the worst. We play a much bigger part on a Saturday than most people think and if we set the vibe/standard in the stadium, the majority of players will respond positively!

I cant speak for anyone else, but personally i'm not excited with his appointment or what he's had to say.

And the reason i feel this way is i have fallen for it before, i have thought too many times he sound decent, and he seems a good appointment.

Not anymore, i will get excited when he does something worthwhile.

Sas_The_Hibby
29-11-2011, 06:11 PM
Not for a second!!! the point i'm making is he'll be judged on what he does on the field not a TV interview and time must be given to the guy because BB was being Judged on the result of the St Johnstone game which was wrong in my opinion.

Agree completely and sorry if it sounded like I was having a go - should have put some kind of smiley in! :agree:

Speedway
29-11-2011, 06:36 PM

:agree: I know what needs to be done here, hibs are a soft touch, need to get the boiler suits on, change the culture, work so hard can't get shirt off in changing room, seige mentality, ER Fortress, invade Poland, sprinkle goldust on players and fairydust on Benji, players charter etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

Radge, personally I feel that taking everything into consideration, everyone from top to bottom needs to work hard.

TowerHibs
29-11-2011, 06:59 PM
I cant speak for anyone else, but personally i'm not excited with his appointment or what he's had to say.

And the reason i feel this way is i have fallen for it before, i have thought too many times he sound decent, and he seems a good appointment.

I do understand your point - we have all been here before. However that is also my point - oh well we've been here before and we know what will happen so we are right to feel uneasy.

All i am saying is why not buck the trend and treat this guy like Fergie from the off. Straight away lift the fans because just now we are even more in the dumps than the team!!!!

Suppose it's not easy, the game is in the gutters but feel we should just get right behind him now rather than when he produces a couple of wins. It's easy to support when we're doing ok. Its much tougher to offer the same support when he needs it. right at the start. We should look at Newcastle, Pardew was not the appointment any of them wanted - not a good record but he has done brilliant this season. No one knows how this will work out, noone, but instead of being uneasy why not jump in head first.

Like first day of the season when we were kids!!!!!

Sir David Gray
29-11-2011, 07:12 PM
I'm not bothered in the slightest about what he's got to say in interviews.

After being subjected to absolute crap for the best part of the last two years, seeing good performances and getting good results are the only two things that I'm even remotely interested in.

Pedantic_Hibee
29-11-2011, 07:14 PM
I do understand your point - we have all been here before. However that is also my point - oh well we've been here before and we know what will happen so we are right to feel uneasy.

All i am saying is why not buck the trend and treat this guy like Fergie from the off. Straight away lift the fans because just now we are even more in the dumps than the team!!!!

Suppose it's not easy, the game is in the gutters but feel we should just get right behind him now rather than when he produces a couple of wins. It's easy to support when we're doing ok. Its much tougher to offer the same support when he needs it. right at the start. We should look at Newcastle, Pardew was not the appointment any of them wanted - not a good record but he has done brilliant this season. No one knows how this will work out, noone, but instead of being uneasy why not jump in head first.

:top marks

100% echo these sentiments, if I wasn't so far away from ER and could get to a game each week, I'd be throwing every ounce of enthusiasm into it; this chap needs all the help he can get and it's not his fault we are an absolute sack of sh** at the moment.

So far, in his short time here, he's said the right things, promised hard work and clearly stated that if people don't perform then "they won't be here long" and he's made more relevant backroom changes in one week than we've had in the last 4 years.

He's got my unwavering support, trust and faith with a large dollop of patience chucked in for good measure.

blackpoolhibs
29-11-2011, 07:40 PM

If we had got fergie, then yes we'd all be excited and thinking the good times were just round the corner.

We did not though, and while i admire the way you are thinking, i dont share the optimism.

I will be there on friday supporting hibs, if Paddy can perform some kind of miracle, and get these wasters looking like some kind of football outfit, the excitement may well return.

Until then its just words to me.

Dashing Bob S
29-11-2011, 07:47 PM

I have to admit to being a bit of a new manager slut. As soon they get into that office I tend to fall head over heels irrespective of what I felt about them before. Yes, they'll possibly let us down, and let's face it they're only really after one thing, your season ticket money, but I'd rather enjoy the honeymoon period as there will be time enough to moan and say 'they never really loved us anyway' if and when it all goes sour.

matty_f
29-11-2011, 08:01 PM
I have to admit to being a bit of a new manager slut. As soon they get into that office I tend to fall head over heels irrespective of what I felt about them before. Yes, they'll possibly let us down, and let's face it they're only really after one thing, your season ticket money, but I'd rather enjoy the honeymoon period as there will be time enough to moan and say 'they never really loved us anyway' if and when it all goes sour.

:agree: Isn't that what being a football fan is all about? Hopeless optimism and abject misery are only moments apart. We judder from a hopeless manager to a new hope.

I love the idea of everyone treating Fenlon like we've signed Fergie, that thought that we just put the misery of the last 18 months or so behind us and get behind the team with the idea that we'll rocket up the league is very appealing.

We can be constrained and skeptical and wait for the manager to put his money where his mouth is, and it'll save everyone looking a bit sheepish if it goes wrong, but where's the fun in that?

Football's about enthusiasm, excitement, anticipation, despair, humility, rage, and frustration.

It becomes a bit pointless if you refuse yourself the first three.

bingo70
29-11-2011, 08:03 PM
One of the best posts I've read on here bob, outstanding!

I'd hate to see the look of disappointment on your face when pat comes running out the tunnel on Friday night wearing trackie bottoms that are too tight at the ankle and an oversized puma managers coat and the realisation hits home......he's not 'the one'

bingo70
29-11-2011, 08:06 PM
:agree: Isn't that what being a football fan is all about? Hopeless optimism and abject misery are only moments apart. We judder from a hopeless manager to a new hope. I love the idea of everyone treating Fenlon like we've signed Fergie, that thought that we just put the misery of the last 18 months or so behind us and get behind the team with the idea that we'll rocket up the league is very appealing. We can be constrained and skeptical and wait for the manager to put his money where his mouth is, and it'll save everyone looking a bit sheepish if it goes wrong, but where's the fun in that?Football's about enthusiasm, excitement, anticipation, despair, humility, rage, and frustration. It becomes a bit pointless if you refuse yourself the first three.Someone better tell cc that cos he ticked none of those boxes, pat fenlon apparently does and I'm a bajillion times happier with him than any of the other spl managers we could have got

hibsbollah
29-11-2011, 08:19 PM
:agree: Isn't that what being a football fan is all about? Hopeless optimism and abject misery are only moments apart. We judder from a hopeless manager to a new hope. I love the idea of everyone treating Fenlon like we've signed Fergie, that thought that we just put the misery of the last 18 months or so behind us and get behind the team with the idea that we'll rocket up the league is very appealing. We can be constrained and skeptical and wait for the manager to put his money where his mouth is, and it'll save everyone looking a bit sheepish if it goes wrong, but where's the fun in that?Football's about enthusiasm, excitement, anticipation, despair, humility, rage, and frustration. It becomes a bit pointless if you refuse yourself the first three.Love it matty. Agree with Bob as well. It doesnt make much sense and it probably wouldnt pass a cost-benefit analysis, but i have total enthusiasm and (probably temporary) complete faith in the new regime. Its my dream and i'll choose which way it goes, as Alice said.

ancient hibee
29-11-2011, 08:27 PM
He's also extremely lucky that he's got so many away games in a short time which will dampen expectations.

blackpoolhibs
29-11-2011, 08:30 PM
He's also extremely lucky that he's got so many away games in a short time which will dampen expectations.

Not really, apparently some folk think we the fans are to blame for our bad home form, and we are better off playing away?

ancient hibee
29-11-2011, 08:35 PM
Not really, apparently some folk think we the fans are to blame for our bad home form, and we are better off playing away?

Not in terms of points I suspect.

Kato
29-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Not getting excited but will support the guy 100%.

ALF TUPPER
29-11-2011, 08:50 PM

:agree: Good call DtS. I reckon all the players will get a chance to prove their worth..... then East Mains revolving door will be spinning to those who dont/cant do the biz.

Think we can start ordering a fleet of these for East Mains :taxi soon.

Hibernia Na Eir
29-11-2011, 08:52 PM
Pat's said more in 5 mins than the previous incumbent did in his entire tenure! (and he doesnt sound like a twat, like the last one!)

blackpoolhibs
29-11-2011, 08:53 PM
:agree: Isn't that what being a football fan is all about? Hopeless optimism and abject misery are only moments apart. We judder from a hopeless manager to a new hope.

I love the idea of everyone treating Fenlon like we've signed Fergie, that thought that we just put the misery of the last 18 months or so behind us and get behind the team with the idea that we'll rocket up the league is very appealing.

We can be constrained and skeptical and wait for the manager to put his money where his mouth is, and it'll save everyone looking a bit sheepish if it goes wrong, but where's the fun in that?

Football's about enthusiasm, excitement, anticipation, despair, humility, rage, and frustration.

If it is then its clearly wrong. In fact if you dare to expect better results than you get, you are classed as a doom and gloomer for saying so?:confused:

TrickyNicky
29-11-2011, 09:14 PM
If it is then its clearly wrong. In fact if you dare to expect better results than you get, you are classed as a doom and gloomer for saying so?:confused:

Is it Cuddle time BH ???? :love ya!:

matty_f
29-11-2011, 09:23 PM

Really? I don't think folk have been labelled doom and gloomers for being downbeat about our results and performances over the last 18 months or so.

At any rate, expecting and hoping for are different things. I go to every game hoping we'll win, but I don't expect us to win every game. Doesn't stop it being frustrating and infuriating when we don't win them!

BEEJ
29-11-2011, 09:36 PM

Football's about anticipation, enthusiasm, excitement, humility, frustration, rage and despair.

:agree: Good post. Hope you don't mind, but in your sentence highlighted I changed around the order a bit.

:greengrin Indeed.

And then people get roasted on here for their expectations being too high. Long posts start to appear telling us that historically Hibs have seldom been anything other than mediocre. Therefore "dry your eyes and get with the script" etc etc.

Basically with respect to Hibs we each move at different speeds through those seven emotional states that Matty has listed, according to our personalities and how we perceive the team is doing.

That's the source of most of the debate on here. One poster has moved from excitement through humility and into frustration much faster than a second poster would like. The second poster still sees pluses and is hovering between enthusiasm and excitement. :greengrin

Like BH, I'm not into emotional roller-coaster rides with Hibs, as I've been on a few too many in recent years. I'm quietly confident that PF is the right appointment this time but I'll only start to anticipate matches again with any degree of relish when it looks like we have a team that once more has some backbone and plays with a bit of guile. A team that is robust and doesn't fold at the first sign of pressure. A team that has the capacity to deliver heroic performances - even in defeat.

Hopefully that won't be too long in arriving.:pray:

matty_f
29-11-2011, 09:39 PM
:agree: Good post. Hope you don't mind, but in your sentence highlighted I changed around the order a bit.

:greengrin Indeed.

And then people get roasted on here for their expectations being too high. Long posts start to appear telling us that historically Hibs have seldom been anything other than mediocre. Therefore "dry your eyes and get with the script" etc etc.

Basically with respect to Hibs we each move at different speeds through those seven emotional states that Matty has listed, according to our personalities and how we perceive the team is doing.

That's the source of most of the debate on here. One poster has moved from excitement through humility and into frustration much faster than a second poster would like. The second poster still sees pluses and is hovering between enthusiasm and excitement. :greengrin

Like BH, I'm not into emotional roller-coaster rides with Hibs, as I've been on a few too many in recent years. I'm quietly confident that PF is the right appointment this time but I'll only start to anticipate matches again with any degree of relish when it looks like we have a team that once more has some backbone and plays with a bit of guile. A team that is robust and doesn't fold at the first sign of pressure. A team that has the capacity to deliver heroic performances - even in defeat.

Hopefully that won't be too long in arriving.:pray:

We'll get the Scottish Cup this year, league next, Champions League the season after. 'Mon the Fenlon!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Eyrie
29-11-2011, 09:57 PM
We'll get the Scottish Cup this year, league next, Champions League the season after. 'Mon the Fenlon!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
You're just another naysayer predicting misery.

With Fenlon in charge we will win the league and cup double this season and the Champions League in year two.

:pfgwa

Sammy7nil
29-11-2011, 10:13 PM
I heard some of the players did not like the training and said it was like training for 13 yr olds.

If that is the case GOOD as this team could not handle anything complicated they have proved that.

If i found out who exactly was moaning they would be training on beach tomorrow no ball and lots of sand hills not that is a proper throw back to old times.

matty_f
29-11-2011, 10:17 PM
I heard some of the players did not like the training and said it was like training for 13 yr olds.

If that is the case GOOD as this team could not handle anything complicated they have proved that.

If i found out who exactly was moaning they would be training on beach tomorrow no ball and lots of sand hills not that is a proper throw back to old times.

It's a start, I've watched the players defend and attack like 13 year olds for the best part of this season. Maybe once they've got used to those basics they can progress to 14 year old training and so on.

I can't imagine Pat Fenlon, having watched the team on Saturday, would have been thinking he should start with the advanced stuff on his first day! :rolleyes:

Iggy Pope
29-11-2011, 10:24 PM

Yogi got you excited enough to make a rare European Pilgrimage. If I mind right.

Still voting with your feet? Ya bum!

Iggy Pope
29-11-2011, 10:31 PM
:agree: I know what needs to be done here, hibs are a soft touch, need to get the boiler suits on, change the culture, work so hard can't get shirt off in changing room, seige mentality, ER Fortress, invade Poland, sprinkle goldust on players and fairydust on Benji, players charter etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

Radge, personally I feel that taking everything into consideration, everyone from top to bottom needs to work hard.

I would imagine that Hibbyradge would work less hard than others might at that. Solidarnosc!

BEEJ
29-11-2011, 10:46 PM
:rolleyes:

Expect a battle for the first few weeks between PF and a few of our squad who consider themselves 'superior' to him, having rubbed shoulders with the English Premiership and Championship.

These prima donnas will either come round to show PF the respect that the Manager should be shown, or they'll be defenestrated.

Franck Le God
29-11-2011, 10:48 PM
Not in terms of points I suspect.

Only 6 points from 8 home games (abysmal), 8 points taken from 8 away games.

matty_f
29-11-2011, 10:51 PM
:rolleyes:

Expect a battle for the first few weeks between PF and a few of our squad who consider themselves 'superior' to him, having rubbed shoulders with the English Premiership and Championship.

These prima donnas will either come round to show PF the respect that the Manager should be shown, or they'll be defenestrated.

Great word!:thumbsup:

Iggy Pope
29-11-2011, 11:05 PM
Only 6 points from 8 home games (abysmal), 8 points taken from 8 away games.

8 points from 8 away games is not too shabby. We have been to Parkhead, Ibrox and the PBS (and got **** all, I know - but we've been to Inverness and Paisley too). In the past 'Premier League' seasons I have witnessed (all of them since '75-76), a point away from home in every away game allied to a formidable home record would have us through most things and kept the majority happy. Might not win the title, might sneak Europe more often than not - take that form into the cups and bingo! Shame the cabbage have been so utterly, utterly, utterly despairing at home and that is the first wrong Fenlon has to right

Franck Le God
29-11-2011, 11:17 PM
8 points from 8 away games is not too shabby. We have been to Parkhead, Ibrox and the PBS (and got **** all, I know - but we've been to Inverness and Paisley too). In the past 'Premier League' seasons I have witnessed (all of them since '75-76), a point away from home in every away game allied to a formidable home record would have us through most things and kept the majority happy. Might not win the title, might sneak Europe more often than not - take that form into the cups and bingo! Shame the cabbage have been so utterly, utterly, utterly despairing at home and that is the first wrong Fenlon has to right

Makes you wonder what the problem re home form is though doesn't it? Too much pressure to win? Too many 'supporters' hurling abuse at any player who makes the slightest mistake? Or do you think our style of play (if we have one!) is more suited to playing away from home?

Hibbyradge
29-11-2011, 11:36 PM
Yogi got you excited enough to make a rare European Pilgrimage. If I mind right.

Still voting with your feet? Ya bum!

I'm not even on the register of electors, ya tube.

Iggy Pope
29-11-2011, 11:52 PM
Makes you wonder what the problem re home form is though doesn't it? Too much pressure to win? Too many 'supporters' hurling abuse at any player who makes the slightest mistake? Or do you think our style of play (if we have one!) is more suited to playing away from home?

No argument from me there my friend. Our lunatics have taken over our asylum. Time we strapped them down and sedated them.

Iggy Pope
29-11-2011, 11:56 PM
I'm not even on the register of electors, ya tube.

Nor should you be, even though I love you, JPII, Lech Walensa, Gregorz Lato and the 'Sandanista' album ( :wink:) to bits.

Iain G
30-11-2011, 01:29 AM
If we had got fergie, then yes we'd all be excited and thinking the good times were just round the corner.

We did not though, and while i admire the way you are thinking, i dont share the optimism.

I will be there on friday supporting hibs, if Paddy can perform some kind of miracle, and get these wasters looking like some kind of football outfit, the excitement may well return.

Until then its just words to me.

BH, I don't think I've ever seen you share in any of the optimism when it's being passed around on .net so you are at least being true to yourself in being a bit of a miserable sod :greengrin :wink:

blackpoolhibs
30-11-2011, 06:19 AM
BH, I don't think I've ever seen you share in any of the optimism when it's being passed around on .net so you are at least being true to yourself in being a bit of a miserable sod :greengrin :wink:

Check my posts under the first 9 months under Yogi, or even most of Mowbrays tenure, i was happy as a sand boy. In fact i was fending off the criticism, remember how lucky we were to be sitting 3rd, 2 points from 2nd? :confused:

I find this funny how i'm supposed to be in some sort of high for no real reason, yet when we actually are doing well, and punching our weight, a lot of folk couldnt/wouldnt get behind the club :confused:

Forgive me Ian for not being too excited when nothing has actually happend, when we do something worth being excited, nobody will be more happy and excited than me. :wink:

Iain G
30-11-2011, 06:33 AM
Check my posts under the first 9 months under Yogi, or even most of Mowbrays tenure, i was happy as a sand boy. In fact i was fending off the criticism, remember how lucky we were to be sitting 3rd, 2 points from 2nd? :confused:

I find this funny how i'm supposed to be in some sort of high for no real reason, yet when we actually are doing well, and punching our weight, a lot of folk couldnt/wouldnt get behind the club :confused:

Forgive me Ian for not being too excited when nothing has actually happend, when we do something worth being excited, nobody will be more happy and excited than me. :wink:

I would have thought the Calderwood cloud having been removed from hanging over the club would have at least let the odd ray of light through, even in Blackpool in November :wink:

There is a feeling of happiness, well maybe relief is a better word, on here around the club that has been missing for the best part of the last 2 years, perhaps its irrational hope seeping through or just that Pat Fenlon comes across well and more articulate and geniunely enthusiastic at being Hibs manager than CC ever was :wink:

Change of manager, as we well know, does not necessarily mean that things will get better, but at least it gives us an excuse to be positive, and he still has to work with this bunch of half arsed underachievers and god knows what he will get out of them, but ignorance, as they say, is bliss :greengrin

The Hibs rollercoaster is primed to go again, are we all on board for the ride :greengrin

Bohemian_Hibee
30-11-2011, 07:02 AM
Just on the home form/away form debate, we (Bohs) had the best away record in this seasons League of Ireland with an impressive 10 wins and 5 draws in 18 games. However our home record was quite poor winning only 7 of our 18 games. Fenlons sets up his teams so that they are difficult to beat and usually plays a 4-5-1 formation, which worked well away from home, but was often copied at Dalymount much to the frustration of the home support.

down the slope
30-11-2011, 07:11 AM
Good piece on Fenlon in the currant bun this morning,

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3968176/Our-bosses-wow-Europe-the-truth-is-yours-havent.html

TowerHibs
30-11-2011, 08:01 AM
I would have thought the Calderwood cloud having been removed from hanging over the club would have at least let the odd ray of light through, even in Blackpool in November :wink:

There is a feeling of happiness, well maybe relief is a better word, on here around the club that has been missing for the best part of the last 2 years, perhaps its irrational hope seeping through or just that Pat Fenlon comes across well and more articulate and geniunely enthusiastic at being Hibs manager than CC ever was :wink:

Change of manager, as we well know, does not necessarily mean that things will get better, but at least it gives us an excuse to be positive, and he still has to work with this bunch of half arsed underachievers and god knows what he will get out of them, but ignorance, as they say, is bliss :greengrin

The Hibs rollercoaster is primed to go again, are we all on board for the ride :greengrin

Agree 100%

Think some are determined to sit behind their keyboard in 9 months time and say I told u so! Not sure what appointment would have made BH & Co excited?

Andy74
30-11-2011, 08:28 AM

We're not good enough at home, simple as that - at home you have to dominate and create and we don't have the players to do that.

Away from home you can sit in and try and hold out. We've been lucky enough to do that on occassion. At Inverness and St Mirren we had long spells of being totally over run but we got away with it.

So for me its nothing to do with the home support its far more to do with not having good enough players or tactics to win games at home.

blackpoolhibs
30-11-2011, 08:58 AM
Agree 100%

Think some are determined to sit behind their keyboard in 9 months time and say I told u so! Not sure what appointment would have made BH & Co excited?

Why would any Hibs fan want us to fail, as thats basically what you are saying?:confused:

I'm also not sure who the club could have appointed that would have made me excited, but i'm sure as hell not going to get excited over this team, as thats exactly where we are at this minute, exactly the same Hibs side that Calderclown assembled

dazza
30-11-2011, 09:01 AM
I know words mean nowt it's a result driven business but in the last week i feel alot more confident in Fenlon than i did the 18mnth of Calderwoods rein atleast he has a bit of enthusiasm and he wants to be at Hibs Calderwood Didn't!!!! He will get my patience and time to turn our great club around, i wont start judging him till nxt season he needs tie to make his mark.

:flag::flag::flag: GGTTH

Craig_in_Prague
30-11-2011, 09:04 AM
We're not good enough at home, simple as that - at home you have to dominate and create and we don't have the players to do that.

Away from home you can sit in and try and hold out. We've been lucky enough to do that on occassion. At Inverness and St Mirren we had long spells of being totally over run but we got away with it.

So for me its nothing to do with the home support its far more to do with not having good enough players or tactics to win games at home.

:agree:

For too long now, we've been relying on opportunistic goals... Deeks.... now GOC, over the last few years (Stokes was a nice change and big relief in between).

I think away sides enjoy our pitch and space and can exploit our weaknesses quite easily on it.

A fluky win at ICT IMO....and whilst the St Mirren game was a good win away, we had fine finishes that saved us from another defeat that day. Those opportunistic (is that really a word) finishes and taken our few chances, can't happen that often and hence we're losing much more than we draw or win.

I like what Pat has said, in that we have a great training ground and great stadium... the players should thrive on that and enjoy it. Fingers crossed he can change the whole mindset, attitude, fitness and get our great club in a healthier state on the pitch. I have a St J fan that loves it when Hibs are up next for them.....We need to change this and have teams not fancying playing us.

Craig_in_Prague
30-11-2011, 09:08 AM
Why would any Hibs fan want us to fail, as thats basically what you are saying?:confused:

I'm also not sure who the club could have appointed that would have made me excited, but i'm sure as hell not going to get excited over this team, as thats exactly where we are at this minute, exactly the same Hibs side that Calderclown assembled

Completely agree......... whilst I have a tad of hope now just because we've a new man in and CC is gone......it doesn't mean I'm exited or expectant of any improvements.

Too much talk done down ER way and it's about time the fans went to ER and no matter the result can at least have a pint after the game and say to their mates, ah well, they gave it a good go. Be proud of our time and naturally applaud them off the pitch home or away. We're all just desperate to be supporting the team again in an enthusiastic manner... just too many fans have been let down time and time again and why should this time be any different.

Hin10
30-11-2011, 09:12 AM
Does anyone at Hibernian TV have experience of video making? The sound is terrible and has always been and the editing and interview set ups are not what I would expect to get as a subscriber. As someone who works in producing web media videos it frustrates the hell out of me that the Hibs video productions are a long way short of professional. A decent lapel mic would be a start, but going of previous experience they will probably have it too loud and distorted. Genuinely, if they need help there are pointers to give to imporve things, like using a 16:9 image and better sound to start!

blackpoolhibs
30-11-2011, 09:17 AM
Completely agree......... whilst I have a tad of hope now just because we've a new man in and CC is gone......it doesn't mean I'm exited or expectant of any improvements.

Too much talk done down ER way and it's about time the fans went to ER and no matter the result can at least have a pint after the game and say to their mates, ah well, they gave it a good go. Be proud of our time and naturally applaud them off the pitch home or away. We're all just desperate to be supporting the team again in an enthusiastic manner... just too many fans have been let down time and time again and why should this time be any different.

:agree: Like you i'm more optimistic now that calderclown is away, but i'm going to have to be convinced Paddy has anything about him by actions, not words. I have heard far too many words from managers over the years and take what they say with a pinch of salt.

Give me some results, good performances and a smile back on the supports faces, and then i will get excited. Over to you Paddy. :aok:

Bohemian_Hibee
30-11-2011, 11:55 AM
:agree: Like you i'm more optimistic now that calderclown is away, but i'm going to have to be convinced Paddy has anything about him by actions, not words. I have heard far too many words from managers over the years and take what they say with a pinch of salt.

Give me some results, good performances and a smile back on the supports faces, and then i will get excited. Over to you Paddy. :aok:

Yep, agree with this and in fairness I think that's what Fenlon has said too. Talk is cheap, he know's that. Only a few decent performances/results will start attracting the 'lost' fans back. Here's hoping..

HibsMax
30-11-2011, 02:15 PM

You should at least be happy that CC has gone?

We have a new manager in charge, one who has by all accounts achieved quite a lot in recent years. To state the obvious we can either be excited, ambivalent or outraged. Why not get excited about the future?

Andy74
30-11-2011, 02:55 PM
You should at least be happy that CC has gone?

We have a new manager in charge, one who has by all accounts achieved quite a lot in recent years. To state the obvious we can either be excited, ambivalent or outraged. Why not get excited about the future?

I think its called bitter experience.

I like the look and sound of Fenlon, but BH is right, it's no different to what Collins, or Mixu, or Hughes all said. People just start to see the negatives in what's being said when the evidence on the park starts to change a bit.

I think we'd all love for this to be the guy that can back it up consistently but I think its early to get too excited by a few words.

What we should all be doing just now is backing him and supporting him which I think everyone seems prepared to do.

hibiedude
30-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Agree completely and sorry if it sounded like I was having a go - should have put some kind of smiley in! :agree:

I know you weren't having a go :greengrin but the rubbish being said by others about Billy Brown being on his way out was unfair and untrue because I believe and hope the Pat Fenlon and Billy Brown make a good team and move us in the right direction.