PDA

View Full Version : Victor Palsson

onlyonesauzee4
29-11-2011, 10:10 AM
New member at hibs.net so go easy on me!

Noticed on twitter that Victor Palsson was and I quote... " on way to teach @EggertJonsson4 how to drive a go-kart"...I wrote back saying "another hard day at the office then?"...this was at about 2.30 on a monday afternoon.

Anyone else think that he was good in his first few games for the club and has done absolutely nothing since?

Perhaps if he was in the gym for an hour or two instead or going round a go-kart track with his mates from our city rivals then a team would be in a lot better shape than it is. Hope the new boss gets wasters like him into shape and help them realise that people spend their hard earned cash to watch them every week.

:pfgwa

pentlando
29-11-2011, 10:22 AM
No issue with this. Clearly hibs were training in the morning and they had the afternoon off. Like anybody he can do what he likes with his time off.

onlyonesauzee4
29-11-2011, 10:25 AM
obviously...

But the team are playing absolutely horrendously right now and he still can't get a game?

Does it not typify the attitude of some of the players that on the first day of new management he is away go karting at half 2?

stubru59
29-11-2011, 10:33 AM
The karting, I can just about handle. It's being daft enough to tell folk that get's me.

matty_f
29-11-2011, 10:33 AM
Really think this is a big fuss about nothing.

Golden Bear
29-11-2011, 10:36 AM
obviously...

But the team are playing absolutely horrendously right now and he still can't get a game?

Does it not typify the attitude of some of the players that on the first day of new management he is away go karting at half 2?

The lad had a busy day.

It was rumoured that he was also spotted on the golf course yesterday afternoon.

PercyHibs
29-11-2011, 10:37 AM
Clutching at straws there. Hope he replys to u on a Saturday at 3 when your presumably in ur spare time.

Twa Cairpets
29-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Two guys from Iceland living in a city in a foreign country know each other and go out to do something together in their spare time shock!

Footballers, even underperforming ones, are allowed some time off. Maybe a bit impolitic to broadcast it, but that another matter.

onlyonesauzee4
29-11-2011, 10:40 AM
yeah i will be in my spare time on saturday afternoon considering the game is on Friday night... which I am driving down from Aberdeen for.

MWHIBBIES
29-11-2011, 10:42 AM
Hope he ran him over :greengrin

freddie m
29-11-2011, 10:42 AM
Clutching at straws there. Hope he replys to u on a Saturday at 3 when your presumably in ur spare time.
I hope he does'nt repay us on Sat @ 3 as we play on Friday night
Glory glory
We are hibernian
:flag::pfgwa:flag:

PercyHibs
29-11-2011, 10:51 AM
I hope he does'nt repay us on Sat @ 3 as we play on Friday night
Glory glory
We are hibernian
:flag::pfgwa:flag:

I said "reply" and I also said "a Saturday". But u get the jist eh?

Www1875hfc
29-11-2011, 10:53 AM
Lets Hope Eggert Can Drive A Go Kart Better Than His Own Car. :wink:

Hibbyradge
29-11-2011, 11:00 AM

Noticed on twitter that Victor Palsson was and I quote... " on way to teach @EggertJonsson4 how to drive a go-kart"...I wrote back saying "another hard day at the office then?"...this was at about 2.30 on a monday afternoon.

Anyone else think that he was good in his first few games for the club and has done absolutely nothing since?

Perhaps if he was in the gym for an hour or two instead or going round a go-kart track with his mates from our city rivals then a team would be in a lot better shape than it is. Hope the new boss gets wasters like him into shape and help them realise that people spend their hard earned cash to watch them every week.

Welcome to hibs.net, but that's a stinker of a first post.

onlyonesauzee4
29-11-2011, 11:06 AM
yeah seems like it didn't go down too well... maybe i'll just be a silent member eh.

HibbyAndy
29-11-2011, 11:11 AM
Lets Hope Eggert Can Drive A Go Kart Better Than His Own Car. :wink:

:agree:

See him fairly regularly in Tesco's wullie. Nice laddie just a shame he plays for the ****bos.

DC_Hibs
29-11-2011, 11:16 AM
He's clearly enjoying his wages while he can. After all, he went from being the next Sauzee* to the next Tortolano in around 6 months so he's sinking faster than the Lithuanian submariner at his peak and its only a matter of time before he is playing junior fitba.

* that was after 1 or 2 games at Hibs. Not surprising we were excited really after all his career prior was 3 loan games at Dagenham & Redbridge before we beat off a whole host of giants to his signature....

See ye Vic.

bingo70
29-11-2011, 11:16 AM
If everyone stopped after a thread or post that didn't go down well this messageboard wouldn't have many contributors.

Fwiw I know where your coming from, at a time when we're absolutely mingin and can't buy a win, its a bit of a kick in the stanes seeing players bragging about what their doing with their free time at a time most of us would associate with a time he should be working.

As has been pointed out though he could have done some extra and then gone go karting but never the less I don't really see the point of this Twitter nonsense, who benefits from comments like his one? Sounds like one of these boring folk on Facebook that give you a minute by minute update of their day

superfurryhibby
29-11-2011, 11:17 AM
I am always amazed at the part-time culture of the average Scottish based football player. To my mind all players should be working on technique after the main training. Focusing on areas of weakness, the obvious one being to practice with the other foot or maybe working on some other aspect of the game where they are lacking (which all of our players clearly are in one sense or another). It couldn't hurt too much could it?

Www1875hfc
29-11-2011, 11:19 AM
:agree:

See him fairly regularly in Tesco's wullie. Nice laddie just a shame he plays for the ****bos.

Ask Kev Johnston how nice he is Andy. lol

Wotherspiniesta
29-11-2011, 11:21 AM
Regarding the OP, its a bit of a rubbish first post, but I know where you're coming from. The general malaise around the club right now is baffling and hopefully the new manager kicks some ***** and gets them in on some, if not most, afternoons.

HibbyAndy
29-11-2011, 11:21 AM
Ask Kev Johnston how nice he is Andy. lol

haha :greengrin

I actually deliver to Eggerts hoose up near Flotterstone, His wife is bang tidy :greengrin

Www1875hfc
29-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Kev's car was Bang tidy as well till he smacked into it . :greengrin

Albion Hibs
29-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Not that bothered about them playing around in toy cars together. It is more of an issue when they are out together, he is caught pissing in a night club, disgracing himself and the club on the night of derby defeat that annoys me.

HibbyAndy
29-11-2011, 11:29 AM
Kev's car was Bang tidy as well till he smacked into it . :greengrin

:hilarious

Hope he nailed the hertz ****!.

Www1875hfc
29-11-2011, 11:36 AM
:hilarious

Hope he nailed the hertz ****!.
Glencorse golf club.
Kev's a jambo tae, Eggert didnae want to do the insurance thing,so swapped phone numbers etc etc,while simon was sayin, yer a daft ****,ah wid take him aw the road.
Shut up si your just an angry hibby etc etc you heard him anyways, he is a man of his word. :greengrin NOT

HibbyAndy
29-11-2011, 11:39 AM
Glencorse golf club.
Kev's a jambo tae, Eggert didnae want to do the insurance thing,so swapped phone numbers etc etc,while simon was sayin, yer a daft ****,ah wid take him aw the road.
Shut up si your just an angry hibby etc etc you heard him anyways, he is a man of his word. :greengrin NOT

Brilliant :greengrin

A hink Si was right :agree:

Eggert bumped um :hilarious

Www1875hfc
29-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Brilliant :greengrin

A hink Si was right :agree:

Eggert bumped um :hilarious

Spot on Andy. :aok:

hibiedude
29-11-2011, 11:53 AM
yeah i will be in my spare time on saturday afternoon considering the game is on Friday night... which I am driving down from Aberdeen for.

Good answer Mate :greengrin

Jim44
29-11-2011, 12:18 PM
A two/three hour shift? Poor overworked sods. :rolleyes:

Hibiza
29-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Is that not the first step to formulae one. Victor and Vettel on the podium. No peeing allowed , champers only.:flag:

hibsbollah
29-11-2011, 12:37 PM
Icelandic friends in go-karting shock.

Kaiser_Sauzee
29-11-2011, 12:43 PM
I don't think the OP is "rubbish" at all. Hibs are on a shocking run of which Palsson has been a major part of so, whilst I have no issue of him going Karting of Fishing or whatever else he wants to do when not polishing off his skills and fitness at our training ground, he should maybe have thought about his audience; the much irked Hibernian support.

It all comes down to common sense.

steakbake
29-11-2011, 12:52 PM
A two pager.... on what Pallson said on twitter....

silverhibee
29-11-2011, 12:57 PM

Dont think Scott Lindsay will agree with you Matty on that one. :wink:

bingo70
29-11-2011, 12:58 PM
A two pager.... on what Pallson said on twitter....

it's not about what he said on twitter, it's about questioning the hours the players are training, their commitment to improving and the perception the fans have of the players.

Innocent as it may be i don't see the point in players advertising they finish training so early and can play at go karting while the rest of us that pay their wages are at work, in many cases earning a fraction of what they do.

jacomo
29-11-2011, 01:18 PM
obviously...

I think this is a fair point.

Yes, his afternoon is his free time but you would have thought a young professional sportsman would be spending it in a more productive fashion.

All the really successful players say the same thing - talent is nothing without practice. They stay behind after training and do the same thing over and over again until it becomes instinctive.

Our lot don't seem to care, either about Hibs or their careers.

Cabbage East
29-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Also worth noting that the boy 'tweeted' the other day about how he was disappointed to be left out the team but was concentrating on working hard to get back in it.

I have no problem with the guy.

bingo70
29-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Also worth noting that the boy 'tweeted' the other day about how he was disappointed to be left out the team but was concentrating on working hard to get back in it.

I have no problem with the guy.

Easy to say he's going to concentrate on working hard, if he was finished up for the day and away go karting at half 2 that would suggest to me he's not concentrating very hard on it.

Dashing Bob S
29-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Palsson knows how to dress and has a cool name, so for those reasons I'll cut him more slack than I would most.

matty_f
29-11-2011, 01:46 PM
Dont think Scott Lindsay will agree with you Matty on that one. :wink:

Why not? :confused:

Sir David Gray
29-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Football players, like every single human being, deserve to have some leisure time away from their work.

However, I think that when football players have been as rubbish as the Hibs players have been over such an extended period of time, I don't think it's too much to ask that they do a bit of extra work on improving their technique, their fitness and several other things that are going to improve them as players.

To hear about them having time off and going go-karting at 2.30 in the afternoon is a bit disappointing. They are, compared with the standards of the average person, highly paid individuals. I would have thought that most of the first team players at the club will be on between £70,000-£100,000 per year. For that kind of salary, I would expect them to put in a bit of hard graft over and above their basic training sessions.

Franck Stanton
29-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Lot of fuss about nothing. Think about it, he was going karting with a friend, who just happens to play for them - who, by the way had also finished "work" by 2.30pm. So it isn't just our low achieving players that only do a half-day shift now is it.

steakbake
29-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Okay, maybe it is a bit of a red rag to a bull if a Hibs fan is reading on twitter that a chronically under-performing player spends his time dicking around go-karting.

To be honest, you don't have to look to far to see that many player's twitter feeds are pretty much about: i) dicking around on wii/playstation games and bragging about their scores, ii) organising big nights out - or apologising to folk for not being able to make big nights out because "sadly i've got training the next day", iii) telling random women they were pleased to meet them the other evening, iv) a stream of "inspirational" quotes, v) talking about golf scores, vi) discussing what cake they might bring to training.

Many of our players seem to be little more than overgrown juveniles, going by what they write on twitter!

But still... twitter is twitter.... none of it is real, man!

cam75
29-11-2011, 02:16 PM
The lad is playing for a new contract at hibs or new club at although neither looks possible for.him,here's hopeing that Pat can find what's been lost in most of the squad for last 18months?

Purehibee_MYB
29-11-2011, 02:20 PM
He's allowed some free time!! and twitter is personal, if you follow him, then you've just gotta take whatever he says, if you don't like it, just unfollow him...

Hibbyradge
29-11-2011, 02:29 PM
I'm impressed with the depth of knowledge about athletic prowess and how to achieve it on this message board.

How many hours a day do people think players can train before it becomes detrimental to their performance?

How many days should they be training for?

bingo70
29-11-2011, 02:38 PM
I don't think you have to be an expert in athletic prowess to object to hearing about the players having done a days work by 2:30 considering how much their paid and how bad they've been playing.

Even if finishing at that time is doing overtime its still a lot less work that the average fan so why flaunt it that they hardly have to do any work?

I just dinnae get Twitter and why players have to give out this info, I think on occasions like this fans are better off ignorant as to how a football player really spends their day

superfurryhibby
29-11-2011, 02:42 PM
I'm impressed with the depth of knowledge about athletic prowess and how to achieve it on this message board.

How many hours a day do people think players can train before it becomes detrimental to their performance?

How many days should they be training for?

They should be as fit as they need to be for the job. Theer is probably an optimum level in terms of how long they train and how it's structured over the course of a working week.

In terms of skills and practising them, maybe they could try working on and mastering the basics, like passing a ball ten yards or using the "weaker" foot when required. If they could achieve that then people wouldn't grudge them their early finishes. If I were Victor, I would be dedicating some time to trying to get these aspects of my game a wee bit more polished.

HibsMax
29-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Just because a guy tweets that he is doing something not work-related doesn't mean that he's not working hard on his game. If he was tweeting every hour of every day then that would be a concern I think. This seems like nothing at all.

Hamish
29-11-2011, 05:52 PM
QUOTE=eric.hibsfan;3011010]Lot of fuss about nothing. Think about it, he was going karting with a friend, who just happens to play for them - who, by the way had also finished "work" by 2.30pm. So it isn't just our low achieving players that only do a half-day shift now is it.[/QUOTE]

:agree: surely better doing this than sitting in a pub or the bookies?

HibsMax
29-11-2011, 05:53 PM
They should be as fit as they need to be for the job. Theer is probably an optimum level in terms of how long they train and how it's structured over the course of a working week.

In terms of skills and practising them, maybe they could try working on and mastering the basics, like passing a ball ten yards or using the "weaker" foot when required. If they could achieve that then people wouldn't grudge them their early finishes. If I were Victor, I would be dedicating some time to trying to get these aspects of my game a wee bit more polished.

Maybe he does?

The_Todd
29-11-2011, 05:57 PM
I won't be happy until the Hibs players are forced to live in the Big Brother house for an entire season so I can monitor how they spend every single minute of their free time and then we can vote off a memeber of the squad every week based on how much (or how little) overtime they've put in.

That'll teach them.

On a serious note, if the club is lax on training then that's the club's problem, not an individual players problem. Who knows, maybe he does put in all the hours under the sun most days but Monday was a one-off he'd arranged with his pal in advance?

Bayern Bru
29-11-2011, 06:05 PM
I'd rather he was go-karting with a mate than getting pissed in a club. Shock horror that he should be spending time with a countryman. After all, it's totally out of the question that as a 19yo laddie, he hasn't settled very well in Edinburgh and that's one of the reasons for his attitude problem, eh?

Personally I'm sick of the abuse Palsson gets on here whilst other players are near hero-worshipped for not much more. Yes, he's not perfect. Yes, that nightclub incident wasn't great. And yes, he doesn't always seem to give 100%.

But some folk seem to go out of their way to try and run certain players into the ground over nothing situations.

The majority of us know nothing about his private life, so let's stop with the speculation eh? Especially over nothing. :aok:

jdships
29-11-2011, 06:17 PM

:agree::thumbsup:

Franck Le God
29-11-2011, 06:30 PM
I'd rather he was go-karting with a mate than getting pissed in a club. Shock horror that he should be spending time with a countryman. After all, it's totally out of the question that as a 19yo laddie, he hasn't settled very well in Edinburgh and that's one of the reasons for his attitude problem, eh?

Personally I'm sick of the abuse Palsson gets on here whilst other players are near hero-worshipped for not much more. Yes, he's not perfect. Yes, that nightclub incident wasn't great. And yes, he doesn't always seem to give 100%.

But some folk seem to go out of their way to try and run certain players into the ground over nothing situations.

The majority of us know nothing about his private life, so let's stop with the speculation eh? Especially over nothing. :aok:

Nothing actually happened at the nightclub though, this was confirmed at the AGM as far as I know.

greenlex
29-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Nothing actually happened at the nightclub though, this was confirmed at the AGM as far as I know.

No something happened alright just that it was greatly exaggerated.

Winston Ingram
29-11-2011, 06:54 PM

FFS:confused:

Someone goes go karting on a day off so they are a waster? How do you know he hadn't already spent a couple of hours of his own time in the gym already that day?
:taxi

calumb
29-11-2011, 07:06 PM
I thought it was reported on here that palsson was golfing yesterday.
Not much time for football if we get a round of golf and a bit of karting done in a day.

Pedantic_Hibee
29-11-2011, 07:08 PM
http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/***%20you/grand/this_thread_is_gay_gif.gif

Bayern Bru
29-11-2011, 07:11 PM

No something happened alright just that it was greatly exaggerated.

What Greenlex said.

Andy74
29-11-2011, 08:36 PM
I thought it was reported on here that palsson was golfing yesterday.
Not much time for football if we get a round of golf and a bit of karting done in a day.

Someone mentioned to me that he'd been talking about golfing with the Jambo on Twitter. Looks like someone got their golf carts and go carts confused and I've added to it on here!

...WentToMowAnSPL
29-11-2011, 08:41 PM
Someone mentioned to me that he'd been talking about golfing with the Jambo on Twitter. Looks like someone got their golf carts and go carts confused and I've added to it on here!

I'm just waiting for Palsson to say traded in his nintendo wii :-) no more sports for me !

TrickyNicky
29-11-2011, 08:43 PM

If he was on his way, this was probably after a spot of lunch, as you wouldn't want to drive on an empty stomach.
He would've had lunch after a shower.
He would've showered after training, which includes chit chat and turning phone on, checking messages and organising play-dates.

The above should take no longer than 2 hours, allowing 20-30 mins for the drive including traffic.
Therefore it would imply that training finishes around 12pm - 12:30pm.

Can anyone confirm this???

I will reserve my judgement until the finer details have been clarified.

Andy74
29-11-2011, 08:55 PM
Could be worse. Adam Mitter has been talking anal bleaching...

blackpoolhibs
29-11-2011, 08:58 PM

That guy was in Blackpool too long. :wink:

TrickyNicky
29-11-2011, 09:00 PM

Nuthin wrong whae that, as long as ye train hard !!

onlyonesauzee4
29-11-2011, 09:31 PM
my only point was that I felt a struggling player in a struggling team would be keen to impress a new manager on his first day. seems to be have been misconstrued a little bit.

HibsMax
29-11-2011, 09:38 PM
my only point was that I felt a struggling player in a struggling team would be keen to impress a new manager on his first day. seems to be have been misconstrued a little bit.

I think your point is well-understood but I also think that there is too much other missing information to draw any conclusions from one or two twitter tweets. He might have arrived early. Worked out in his own time. He might have asked for, and been given, permission to do this. Too many ifs and buts.

jdships
29-11-2011, 09:53 PM
I think your point is well-understood but I also think that there is too much other missing information to draw any conclusions from one or two twitter tweets. He might have arrived early. Worked out in his own time. He might have asked for, and been given, permission to do this. Too many ifs and buts.

:top marks
For goodness sake give the manger some credit here .
How do we know he didn't allow the lad to go as he was satisfied with his training stint ?
As you say " He might have asked for, and been given, permission to do this "
How do we know when he arrived at EM ?
Some people will jump on to any bandwagon to stir the SHONET ?
" Too many ifs and buts" says it all IMO

TrickyNicky
29-11-2011, 10:00 PM
:top marks
For goodness sake give the manger some credit here .
How do we know he didn't allow the lad to go as he was satisfied with his training stint ?
As you say " He might have asked for, and been given, permission to do this "
How do we know when he arrived at EM ?
Some people will jump on to any bandwagon to stir the SHONET ?
" Too many ifs and buts" says it all IMO

Well, when did he arrive at training ?
Can't you find out jdships?
I need clock-in and clock out times!

" whitch hunt, whitch hunt, whitch hunt "

steakbake
29-11-2011, 10:05 PM

Jeez, I forgot we'd signed him.

Lucius Apuleius
30-11-2011, 09:24 AM
By 2.30 in the afternoon I have already done at least 8.5 hours with another 3.5 to go. Maybe he is an early starter too?

Hibbyradge
30-11-2011, 09:33 AM
For all we know, some of these so called football players will be caught sleeping at night.

In beds.

snooky
30-11-2011, 09:40 AM
For all we know, some of these so called football players will be caught sleeping at night.

In beds.

As opposed to on the park? :wink: :stirrer:

Caroline Hibby
30-11-2011, 09:52 AM
I think there's merit in discussing this issue, without jumping to conclusions on either side of the argument. I remember Sturrock introducing a 9 - 5 policy at St.Johnstone (I think) in order to create a more disciplined attitude towards the 'workplace' that constitutes more than just training. I'm not advocating 9-5 but I think players must realise that their 'job' and their responsibilities don't just stop on the training ground or playing matches. There's much to be done in and around the community (and beyond) that could inprove relations with fans, sponsors etc. I don't believe you can ever have too much PR and the players are the ones who can do more than anyone at the club re this. I know they do already, but they can always do more. I also think there's real merit being in and around East Mains as much as possible, even if it is just to help build team spirit. Happy to give VP and anyone else spotted before 5pm the benefit of the doubt, but it would be an interesting issue to put to the new management team to see what there ideas and views are.

snooky
30-11-2011, 10:36 AM
I think there's merit in discussing this issue, without jumping to conclusions on either side of the argument. I remember Sturrock introducing a 9 - 5 policy at St.Johnstone (I think) in order to create a more disciplined attitude towards the 'workplace' that constitutes more than just training. I'm not advocating 9-5 but I think players must realise that their 'job' and their responsibilities don't just stop on the training ground or playing matches. There's much to be done in and around the community (and beyond) that could inprove relations with fans, sponsors etc. I don't believe you can ever have too much PR and the players are the ones who can do more than anyone at the club re this. I know they do already, but they can always do more. I also think there's real merit being in and around East Mains as much as possible, even if it is just to help build team spirit. Happy to give VP and anyone else spotted before 5pm the benefit of the doubt, but it would be an interesting issue to put to the new management team to see what there ideas and views are.

Much as he is slagged and ridiculed by the great hoi polloi, a few years ago Wayne Rooney spent the entire summer break practising his heading skills. It proved worthwhile the following season as he scored with several headers.

I find it astounding that there are so many one-footed players around who (& I'm not directing this at VP) spend afternoons in the bookies and on golf courses where their left/right leg is used only as a balancing prop.
e.g. I remember once seeing Rob Jones walking around the ball so he could make a cross-field pass with his right foot. Alas, this type of behaviour is not a rarity.

Viva_Palmeiras
30-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Has anyone actually been go-karting?

Upper body strength
Concentration
Coordination

All required and add to that the competitive element with his mate and fellow countryman.

Give the guy a break if you are going to have a go focus on something that's worthy. This is not the case IMO. If it's his sparetime it's his todo as he pleases as long as not bringingthe club into disrepute i see no real issue.

If the complaint is that training is not long enough that's hardly VPs fault.

portyfelly
30-11-2011, 11:03 AM
Has anyone actually been go-karting?

Upper body strength
Concentration
Coordination

All required and add to that the competitive element with his mate and fellow countryman.

Give the guy a break if you are going to have a go focus on something that's worthy. This is not the case IMO. If it's his sparetime it's his todo as he pleases as long as not bringingthe club into disrepute i see no real issue.

If the complaint is that training is not long enough that's hardly VPs fault.

Did he win???

bingo70
30-11-2011, 11:09 AM

I think this is a terrific post.

Considering where we are just now i don't think questioning players commitment to improving is unreasonable, i don't think anyones calling for him to be sacked or disciplined but i don't think it's unreasonable to discuss it so a lot of the smart ersed replies are totally uncalled for.

dp00
30-11-2011, 11:18 AM
Just a suggestion...

New manager
First few days in jobs
For first few days he wants to gets the back room stuff sorted so just has players in, in the morning

For all we know they could be training 12 hrs a day now

Non starter - we need to get over it there only human

As for hibs hearts connection, loads of players are mates off the field

jdships
30-11-2011, 12:02 PM

"WITCH" or WHICH" not " WHITCH " :greengrin

Andy74
30-11-2011, 01:04 PM
I'd advise everyone not to read the players twitter accounts of what they are up to today.

silverhibee
30-11-2011, 02:48 PM

Players have got to be at EM for 9 o'clock.

oconnors_strip
30-11-2011, 02:49 PM
I'd advise everyone not to read the players twitter accounts of what they are up to today.

Having ice baths....ouch!

jdships
30-11-2011, 02:50 PM
Players have got to be at EM for 9 o'clock.

:agree::thumbsup

silverhibee
30-11-2011, 03:05 PM
Much as he is slagged and ridiculed by the great hoi polloi, a few years ago Wayne Rooney spent the entire summer break practising his heading skills. It proved worthwhile the following season as he scored with several headers.

I find it astounding that there are so many one-footed players around who (& I'm not directing this at VP) spend afternoons in the bookies and on golf courses where their left/right leg is used only as a balancing prop.
e.g. I remember once seeing Rob Jones walking around the ball so he could make a cross-field pass with his right foot. Alas, this type of behaviour is not a rarity.

Believe it or not but Derek Riordan wasn't always two footed, but an injury he picked up at Hibs when he was young made him work hard on using his left foot to kick the ball, after training he would stay behind and practice freekicks crossing and passing with his left foot and it has done him no harm and looks natuarally two footed.

As you say in this day and age of modern football a player should be able to use both feet to pass kick shoot the ball, all it takes is a we bit more hard work, and if that means staying behind to work on things after training has finished then so be it.

silverhibee
30-11-2011, 03:09 PM

Wednesday is normally there day of.

Andy74
30-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Wednesday is normally there day of.

Thought that might have sent a few over the edge! :greengrin

TrickyNicky
30-11-2011, 09:14 PM
"WITCH" or WHICH" not " WHITCH " :greengrin

Sawrry !!:na na:

LaMotta
30-11-2011, 09:54 PM

Given that Jones is left footed, he must have been trying to practice with his weaker foot the right, and you should be commending him for his bizaare act.

snooky
30-11-2011, 11:13 PM
Given that Jones is left footed, he must have been trying to practice with his weaker foot the right, and you should be commending him for his bizaare act.

Thanks for the info, VP. :cool2:

I only said what I saw and how it appeared to me however, I take your point and offer my sincere apologies to RJ. :foot:

That said, there are many players who do the walk around because they have only one foot.

TrickyNicky
30-11-2011, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the info, VP. :cool2:

I only said what I saw and how it appeared to me however, I take your point and offer my sincere apologies to RJ. :foot:

That said, there are many players who do the walk around because they have only one foot.

Folk thit ken Heather Mills ken whit's gaun oan likes !

Calvin
01-12-2011, 03:25 PM
He's just tweeted that he's done his Christmas shopping. Absolute disgrace that he's found the time to do that.

patlowe
01-12-2011, 03:37 PM
Saw him on Princes Street today and he didn't even stop to say hello as I walked by. The cheek of the guy.

soupy
01-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Personally couldn't give a flying one what he does in his spare time, some people just want to moan about anything. :-)

Baldy Foghorn
01-12-2011, 04:42 PM
Personally couldn't give a flying one what he does in his spare time, some people just want to moan about anything. :-)

Nobody would bat an eyelid if VP was decent, but he has been poor for a while, therefore people start to question more and more things

hibsbollah
01-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Nobody would bat an eyelid if VP was decent, but he has been poor for a while, therefore people start to question more and more things He's not that bad. He could pish all over (:greengrin) our Mixu-era midfielders.

soupy
01-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Nobody would bat an eyelid if VP was decent, but he has been poor for a while, therefore people start to question more and more things I know what your saying Baldy, but if I had seen on twitter, him saying, I'm away to knockhill I wouldnt bat an eyelid regardless of how hes doing. To be honest it would have been more beneficial to hibs if he got a bit whiplash and was out for a few weeks :-) :-)

Baldy Foghorn
01-12-2011, 05:19 PM
He's not that bad. He could pish all over (:greengrin) our Mixu-era midfielders.

Well I hope he rediscovers his form soon.....

flash
01-12-2011, 05:31 PM
And people wonder why players don't communicate half as much with the fans these days.

Baldy Foghorn
01-12-2011, 05:43 PM
I know what your saying Baldy, but if I had seen on twitter, him saying, I'm away to knockhill I wouldnt bat an eyelid regardless of how hes doing. To be honest it would have been more beneficial to hibs if he got a bit whiplash and was out for a few weeks :-) :-)

I shouldn't really but :faf: :faf: :faf:

Scouse Hibee
01-12-2011, 07:03 PM
I met Vic whilst shopping today and told him I was Scouse Hibee from hibs .net. He said he was extremely disappointed that I had found the time to come off the net to do some shopping and that surely I should be slagging players of on hibs.net rather than wasting my time shopping!