PDA

View Full Version : Expectations For The Motherwell Game ?

Expecting Rain
29-11-2011, 10:06 AM
What are your expectations for the Motherwell game on Friday?

Reaper
29-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Difficult one. I'd like to see some improvement but at the same time you can only expect so much in a week. Fenlons taking the project seriously and has started clearing out backroom staff so his concentration will not be 100% on the playing side until he's sorted this. He seems to have realised in a few days what CC and Yogi never did, that it's not just the players on the pitch that need changing to improve performances. IMO the clubs rotting from the core and it needs fixed, hopefully he's the man to sort it. Every game will be a trial for every player from now until January. After the transfer window, that's when I'll start really looking for big improvements. In the meantime I think he should beable to keep us around 8th/9th with the dross that we've got, then start looking upwards.

gackohibs
29-11-2011, 10:19 AM
My expectation is to not get beat!!! again!

Im sure we havent changed much in a week, however it aint hard to see that the soft goals weve lost is down to a lack of concentration when man marking in the box!!

Expecting Rain
29-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Difficult one. I'd like to see some improvement but at the same time you can only expect so much in a week. Fenlons taking the project seriously and has started clearing out backroom staff so his concentration will not be 100% on the playing side until he's sorted this. He seems to have realised in a few days what CC and Yogi never did, that it's not just the players on the pitch that need changing to improve performances. IMO the clubs rotting from the core and it needs fixed, hopefully he's the man to sort it. Every game will be a trial for every player from now until January. After the transfer window, that's when I'll start really looking for big improvements. In the meantime I think he should beable to keep us around 8th/9th with the dross that we've got, then start looking upwards.

Couldn`t agree more regarding the structural changes and hopefully we`ll see a dramatic change in the mindset of the players who are picked to represent the team on the day.

LancashireHibby
29-11-2011, 11:14 AM
A positive performance with some attacking endevaour, better organisation in defence and 100% effort throughout. Sort those out and the result will sort itself out.

Keith_M
29-11-2011, 11:14 AM
I'd like to see the team set out differently, possibly a 442 if we have enough strikers available. Signs of looking a bit more organised and with a will to win.

If we could have that, and any score other than getting beaten too heavily, that would be progress for me.

hibby67
29-11-2011, 11:18 AM
Expectations are none
dont expect to get anything from the game still too soon for PF to get this team into shape...i hope we will see a reaction from the team and the work ethic a bit better....

suspect it will be a solid defensive formation put out to try and make us harder to beat....
get a strong defence then build from there

Hibercelona
29-11-2011, 11:19 AM
My expectations are fast flowing Brazilian style football with plenty of Hibs goals. One of the players must run up to a corner flag and do the famous Ronaldinho celebration. The boy on the tanoy must do the traditional "gooooooooooooal" after each of the 7 goals go in.

I don't think its too much to ask from the new man. :agree:

If it doesn't happen, off with his head i say! :wink:

Fife-Hibee
29-11-2011, 11:32 AM
My expectations are fast flowing Brazilian style football with plenty of Hibs goals. One of the players must run up to a corner flag and do the famous Ronaldinho celebration. The boy on the tanoy must do the traditional "gooooooooooooal" after each of the 7 goals go in.

I don't think its too much to ask from the new man. :agree:

If it doesn't happen, off with his head i say! :wink:

Not looking for much then ! :greengrin

truehibernian
29-11-2011, 11:32 AM
Set the team up positively and in a solid 4-4-2. Show you are there to win, not defend/be scared to lose. Combative midfielder to stick to Keith Lasley like glue. Play higher up the pitch so the likes of Humphreys has more yardage to cover. Drop Stack.....they will pump high balls all day into the box if the likes of Hammell and co are not closed down, and Stack is woeful if such tactics are employed. Get Boothy at left midfield.

Job done :greengrin now where do I apply.......................:greengrin

hibsforeurope
29-11-2011, 11:34 AM

So are you going then...?

GreenPJ
29-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Expectations are none
dont expect to get anything from the game still too soon for PF to get this team into shape...i hope we will see a reaction from the team and the work ethic a bit better....

suspect it will be a solid defensive formation put out to try and make us harder to beat....

I agree with this but a solid defensive formation relies on players taking on board comment and doing the job correctly. Having watched the highlights of the StJ game the 2 centre half's were the reason we lost that game, they were both abysmal. Whilst I want to give Stephens some latitude as he is young I do honestly believe that O'Hanlon is one of the worst CH's we have had at the club (and that includes Murdoch). The big thing for me will be who he picks as much as the formation.

Thomson1875
29-11-2011, 11:40 AM
Always seems a good game between us and well, I will settle for a draw and to see some improvements within the team. Not expecting much i must say as its the managements teams first week, but i'd hope the players are out to impress to keep there position in the starting 11.

Some sign of even a little improvement will be good enough for me. I think Pat knows he has a job on his hands after seeing the teams performance on saturday.

Hibercelona
29-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Not looking for much then ! :greengrin

Got to keep things realistic. The last thing we need is fans flying off the handle again. :smokin

steakbake
29-11-2011, 12:02 PM
I'd like to see how PF sets out the team and who his personnel are. It would be good to see players playing for their places and a lot less complacency, a bit more urgency and people being a bit more up for it.

I don't expect a win (just as well) but as long as we at least look more co-ordinated, organised and determined then I can't ask for more than that.

I would like to see a much fitter team by Chrimbo - far fewer players running out of steam by half time like we've seen recently.

Septimus
29-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Expectations are low but that is nothing new. It would be good to see some positive progress no matter how small.

allezsauzee
29-11-2011, 12:15 PM
three points to Hibs

PISTOL1875
29-11-2011, 02:21 PM
A marked improvement on the dross we have been witnessing recently....

Dashing Bob S
29-11-2011, 02:39 PM
Hopefully he'll give them a good rocketing, and tell them that he has plans for the team, and if they want to be part of it, then they really have to shape up NOW. I've been talking to a good pal who is a Boh's ST holder. He tells me that one thing about Nutsy is that he won't dither or fanny about, he'll make up his mind fairly quickly about about what he has and what he needs, and be fairly ruthless about going about getting it.

I expect them to be organized and motivated. We won't suddenly have more quality in the midfield, and we won't stop making stupid errors through bad concentration/inability at the bad, though we'll hopefully cut down on them.

iwasthere1972
29-11-2011, 02:44 PM

Plenty goals
Good away support
Great atmosphere
A clean sheet

Franck Stanton
29-11-2011, 02:57 PM
too soon for any team improvement. My expectations ? - the half-time pie is hot

Purehibee_MYB
29-11-2011, 03:24 PM
just some progress really

would be happy with a draw, but don't really see it

ScottB
29-11-2011, 03:28 PM
Nothing much, needs to be blank slate time.

We can't expect miracles after him having all of 4 days training with them.

First of I'd like to see us become fitter and harder to beat over the next few games. If that means 4-5-1's, so be it. I'm not gonna be one of those folk writing a game off before kick off because I don't like the formation.

On Friday I don't know. If the players have a reaction to everyone they've been working with getting booted out the door maybe we will be good and kick on straight away, if not then I expect more of the same until they are replaced by guys who give a crap.

silverhibee
29-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Plenty goals
Good away supportGreat atmosphere
A clean sheet

I have got a feeling that Hibs will have a very good support at Motherwell on Friday night, think the fans will turn out in there numbers for Nutsy's first game in charge for Hibs.

Seems to always be good games against them through there with plenty of goals, lets hope Hibs score more than them.

:pfgwa :flag: :pfgwa

iwasthere1972
29-11-2011, 03:49 PM
too soon for any team improvement. My expectations ? - the half-time pie is hot

You'll be lucky. I remember a few seasons back standing in the queue at half time for 15 minutes only to be told when it was my turn to be served that they had run out of tea. Disgraceful and I think I even missed a Hibs goal when I got back to my seat.

AlbertK86
29-11-2011, 08:45 PM
Not overly optimistic but hope to see better attitude and application.

Would like to see us go back to a central defence of Murray and O'Hanlon. Felt we were more secure when they were together before Murray got injured.

Agree about comments regarding Stack. His failure to come off his line and cut out the ball across the 6 yard box has cost us too many goals

Would hope PF goes 442 and my choice would be

Brown

Towell
O'Hanlon
Murray
Hanlon

Scott
Palsson
Osbourne
Booth

GOC
Agogo

Subs

Stack
Stephens
Welsh
Thornhill
Sproule
Sodje
Griffiths

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Expect to get beat. Won't be a huge surprise if that happens. If we get the same meek surrender that happened at McDiarmid, then surely some players have reached the end of the road.

Sir David Gray
29-11-2011, 09:17 PM
I expect a comfortable home victory.

I don't expect much, if anything at all, to have changed from last weekend or the numerous other weekends from the last two years.

This mess will take months for Fenlon to even begin to sort out.

Liam_Hibs
29-11-2011, 09:57 PM
Being honest, I think we will get beat. If there is going to be a change in that team it will be a mirracle if it appears that quickly! Stranger things have happened though..

'Mon the Hibs! Prove me wrong.

Andy74
29-11-2011, 10:15 PM

I expect it will be freezing.

HibbyAndy
29-11-2011, 10:24 PM
Having just saw the highlights from the weekend i expect defeat.

The goals we give away every single week are cringeworthy, Basic defending we just cant seem to grasp. No one knows what they are doing.

2.0 Motherwell.

Eyrie
29-11-2011, 10:54 PM
Add me to the long list that expect a loss. But what I am hoping for is more application from our players, both mentally and physically.

BTW, what is the point of a Friday evening kick off if the game has not been moved for TV?

NAE NOOKIE
29-11-2011, 10:58 PM
I dont expect a lot really. Like I've said before, its not a lack of effort, its the lack of the ability to play as a team and some players not being good enough. We hardly got a kick of the ball at ER against Motherwell, so I guess I would even just be happy if the possession stats were a bit better than 70% in Motherwells favour.

silverhibee
29-11-2011, 11:09 PM

The goals we give away every single week are cringeworthy, Basic defending we just cant seem to grasp. No one knows what they are doing.

2.0 Motherwell.

And the big worry is Andy that we will not be able to do anything with the defence until January, we are stuck with the crap at the back and i can only see them leaking more goals until January, where we are sitting in the league come Jan is the big worry, will be there but cant see us taking anything from the game on Friday and i do have a worry that Motherwell might give us a bit of a gubbing, and then we have Rangers the next week at home and we never do well against them at ER.

As i said in another post Pat Fenlon will need to be a miracle worker with the squad that we have, hope he got through customs okay with that big bag of Irish luck, hopefully it will be better than Yogi's magic gold dust. :greengrin

nortonhibby
30-11-2011, 08:28 AM

2.0 Motherwell.

Agreed at best a nil nil draw the point would be welcome though and a good start for PF.

PeeJay
30-11-2011, 09:05 AM
While I expect a defeat, I do hope to see some signs of better defensive organisation and a grittier performance to show that Fenlon is making a difference (even if he has only had a few days). I'll be judging him right from the start, I don't expect miracles, but I would like to see some signs of the hard work he referred to in his recent interview.

Jim44
30-11-2011, 09:23 AM
I expect Fenlon to get an even clearer view of the mountain he has to climb. Motherwell to cruise it.

hibsbollah
30-11-2011, 09:29 AM
I expect it will be freezing. This. High winds; drizzle and cold as a welldiggers ass. http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2642135

Cropley10
30-11-2011, 09:34 AM
Pat The Miracle Man will be just that if he's managed to make any difference in 3 or 4 days.

A draw would be a decent result.

stubru59
30-11-2011, 09:51 AM
Think we'll win 2-1. We've proved already this season that you don't have to be good to win a game.:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
30-11-2011, 10:00 AM
I expect more of the same, a few loses and draws then the odd win.

dazza
30-11-2011, 10:06 AM
What i expect Fri is some more fight and effort from Hibs than shown in the last 18mnths, I really like the sound of Fenlon i know interviews mean nowt it's results that count but I feel alot more confident listening to him that he can turn us around given time and backing from the board than Calderwood. I just wanna go Fri give my full support and make as much noise as possible!!!! For a tenner entry you just cannae whack it. GGTTH

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::f lag:

shagpile
30-11-2011, 10:22 AM
Expectations are none

No expectations, yet you expect a reaction & a better work ethic. To be fair to you that is something we should have anyway.
I expect the team to be working their bollocks off for 90 minutes, playing as if their careers depend on the result.

blackpoolhibs
30-11-2011, 10:28 AM
No expectations, yet you expect a reaction & a better work ethic. To be fair to you that is something we should have anyway.
I expect the team to be working their bollocks off for 90 minutes, playing as if their careers depend on the result.

I expect this every week, no matter who the manager is. Having a new manager at the helm wont imo make the slightest difference, as most of this squad are just nowhere near good enough.

Most have trouble trapping a ball, passing the bloody thing and basics like that should be instilled already in them.

Add not being able to tackle, mark their men or match their opponents physically , we need another clear out. :rolleyes:

stubru59
30-11-2011, 10:42 AM
I expect this every week, no matter who the manager is. Having a new manager at the helm wont imo make the slightest difference, as most of this squad are just nowhere near good enough.

Most have trouble trapping a ball, passing the bloody thing and basics like that should be instilled already in them.

Add not being able to tackle, mark their men or match their opponents physically , we need another clear out. :rolleyes:

It's coming yet ...

ballengeich
30-11-2011, 10:48 AM
I'd be pleased with a draw given recent form.

6-6 - naw - could never happen.

NOLA
30-11-2011, 11:12 AM
i think we will get a tanking or scrape a jammy draw :greengrin

JustSimplyHibs
30-11-2011, 11:32 AM
Just got a wee feeling the tide will turn on Friday night, followed up by a decent display and draw against Rangers.

What would be amazing is if we fill our stand and they have to open up other parts of the ground for us which will inspire the players and make the new recruits think 'it is true we do have a support, and play for a big club in Scotland'....but that is too much to expect just now.

The price of the game is something we have all moaned about, but now at least one club is putting it into action of reducing the prices, time to repay and show clubs throughout the league that the crowds will come back if we have a bit of logical thinking towards reducing ticket prices.

Hibs to win 3-2 after being 2-1 down at half time. Griffiths (2) and O'Connor

GGTTH :flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Hibstrooper
30-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Is the game on Zitelli?

JustSimplyHibs
30-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Is the game on Zitelli?

don't think so, don't even think it is getting coverage on the radio other than real radio being present doing their phone in show

Franck is God
30-11-2011, 12:35 PM
I don't have any expectations for the result but....

I do expect the players picked to work hard for the entire game not just bits of it.

I expect 100% concentration throughout the game, nothing wrong with making a mistake as any player can but losing goals because a midfielder or forward failed to track a run or a defender dawdling on the ball at the back shouldn't happen in any game.

Get those thing right and the rest can be filled in as they go along

HFC07
30-11-2011, 01:10 PM
Is this game on TV with it being a friday night, I cant find it listed on Sky?

LancashireHibby
30-11-2011, 01:28 PM

No, it's not on TV. Part of an experiment to see if Friday night football can attract more fans - well done to MFC for reducing the prices and hopefully it will mean a bigger Hibs support than usual (I couldn't have gone had the game still been on the Saturday but will now be able to make the game).

Spike Mandela
30-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Same team...........different manager
Same result..........different post match analysis.

Sir David Gray
30-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Is the game on Zitelli?

No, it's not been moved to Friday night because of TV. It's been moved because it's the latest game in a long line of games being used as an experiment by the SPL to try out Friday night football.

It will be on Radio Scotland, though.

JimBHibees
30-11-2011, 02:51 PM
More effort, a bit more belief and some passion that is all.

CyberSauzee
30-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Expecting a 2-0 or 3-1 defeat. Hoping that Nutsy can get our defence sorted so we can start keeping clean sheets.

silverhibee
30-11-2011, 04:34 PM

It wont happen in January BH, we probaly cant afford to get rid of them and nobody will want them either they are that bad, no doubt the manager will be allowed to bring in a couple of players in the window to strengthen the team but we are stuck with this lot until the end of the season and can they be trusted to keep us in the league, as you say if they haven't learnt the basics by now they never will, and i am sure the last incumbents worked on the back four but its the players fault at the end of the day to get it right on the pitch, they never do and it will just continue as they are just very poor players.

Cant see us taking a point in our games in this month.

onlyonesauzee4
30-11-2011, 04:42 PM
Hope to see much more communication, fighting spirit from the team and togetherness (especially at the back). Can't expect too much of the new management team in 4 days but i'm sure the players will be out to impress.

A point will do nicely for starters but having seen motherwell play Aberdeen at pittodrie a few weeks ago they are a good side going forward.

Good luck PF. :pfgwa

Golden Bear
30-11-2011, 04:44 PM
Hope to see much more communication, fighting spirit from the team and togetherness (especially at the back). Can't expect too much of the new management team in 4 days but i'm sure the players will be out to impress.

A point will do nicely for starters but having seen motherwell play Aberdeen at pittodrie a few weeks ago they are a good side going forward.

Good luck PF. :pfgwa

:agree:

That will do for me as well.

Hermit Crab
30-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Take a point right now!! Although we do tend to have good games at Fir park.

Pretty Boy
30-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Something approximating effort and a little bit of professional pride would be a decent starting point.

Lofarl
30-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Bang in 6 goals. Then bring on O'conner and Sparky in the second half and hope for the best.

monktonharp
30-11-2011, 05:35 PM
expectations rising by the minute! we've had the best response for seats on our bus for 2 years. had to upgrade to a bigger bus, so there is a fair bit of interest, dont know if it's novelty value or what to expect myself.

The Green Goblin
30-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Hopefully he'll give them a good rocketing, and tell them that he has plans for the team, and if they want to be part of it, then they really have to shape up NOW. I've been talking to a good pal who is a Boh's ST holder. He tells me that one thing about Nutsy is that he won't dither or fanny about, he'll make up his mind fairly quickly about about what he has and what he needs, and be fairly ruthless about going about getting it.

I expect them to be organized and motivated. We won't suddenly have more quality in the midfield, and we won't stop making stupid errors through bad concentration/inability at the bad, though we'll hopefully cut down on them.

Yep, I posted this after seeing some of his interviews. That was exactly the impression I got from him. As for the game, we shouldnt put too much stock in it, but tactics and especially any changes he makes will be interesting. Like some other posters on here, I would settle for any signs of progress, no matter how small.

GG

HibbyDave
30-11-2011, 06:05 PM
Scrape a 1-1 draw.

nortonhibby
30-11-2011, 08:52 PM
Scrape a 1-1 draw.

anything other than defeat is a bonus:flag:

monktonharp
30-11-2011, 09:59 PM
Scrape a 1-1 draw.on a more positive note: earned a creditable draw 0-0 the Hibernian keeper proudly kept a cleansheet.:greengrin

sahib
30-11-2011, 10:07 PM

If we win, I will be worried it is just a flash in the pan -another false dawn.
If we lose, I will be worried that it seems beyond anyone to pull the team and hence the club out of a dangerous downward spiral.
Draws are always a worry. :greengrin

HKhibby
30-11-2011, 10:37 PM
2-1/ 2-0 Motherwell

iwasthere1972
30-11-2011, 11:19 PM
If we're four goals up with about twenty minutes to go what odds do you think I would get for the draw?

francobaresi
30-11-2011, 11:38 PM
Hi scoring defeat... 4-2 M'well..

HFC07
01-12-2011, 07:08 AM
I always Expect (Want) Hibs to win every game, it usually doesnt happen but there is always the hope.
In reality hopefully we will see a change under the new managment. :flag::flag: GGTTH

JustSimplyHibs
01-12-2011, 09:15 AM
expectations rising by the minute! we've had the best response for seats on our bus for 2 years. had to upgrade to a bigger bus, so there is a fair bit of interest, dont know if it's novelty value or what to expect myself.

Same av had to upgrade from my 5 seater car to a mini bus (full now), i said earlier in this thread i really hope we fill our stand and they have to open up other parts of the ground for us......mon hibby's get yer mates up for it, get yerself along to the game, cheer on the wee Paddy's team to victory. IT'S ONLY A TENNER TO GET IT!!!!!

GGTTH :pfgwa:pfgwa:flag::flag:

Craig_in_Prague
01-12-2011, 12:09 PM
Is GOC fit for tomorrow?

And is there a 1st pre match conference for our new manager today?

thanks