PDA

View Full Version : Under 19s game today

lucky
29-11-2011, 09:03 AM
Can anyone tell me if the under 19s game against Motherwell is still on this afternoon at East Mains?

scoopyboy
29-11-2011, 10:05 AM
Can anyone tell me if the under 19s game against Motherwell is still on this afternoon at East Mains?

I wouldn't mind knowing as well.

Taking time off to watch it but if it was off I would stay at work.

Kojock
29-11-2011, 10:07 AM
Going to head down as well. Is it a 1pm KO

scoopyboy
29-11-2011, 10:07 AM
Going to head down as well. Is it a 1pm KO

Yes.

Kojock
29-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Just called Hibs. They are waiting on the ref to make a decision unfortunately they do not know what time he will arrive at EM.

HH81
29-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Why would it be called off?

Kojock
29-11-2011, 10:15 AM
Why would it be called off?

Its blowing a gale and peeing down rain, but apart from that I dont know :wink:

HH81
29-11-2011, 10:16 AM
I was going to say, I'm stood here in Halifax and the sun is out, far too warm :-)

Kojock
29-11-2011, 10:19 AM
I was going to say, I'm stood here in Halifax and the sun is out, far too warm :-)

Southern softies. :na na:

HH81
29-11-2011, 10:26 AM
Southern softies. :na na:

Can anyone lend me some sunglass?

Enjoy the game if on boss :-)

Calvin
29-11-2011, 11:13 AM
The game is definitely on.

hibbymark
29-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Any updates from anyone at the game?

Higgy115
29-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Is Paddy there?

big-mo
29-11-2011, 01:08 PM
Any updates from anyone at the game?

2-2 at half-time, now down 3-2, (very cold, very wet and very windy),

(bounce game against buddies called off, was not open to the public anyway)

hibbymark
29-11-2011, 01:17 PM
Cheers for the update big-mo

andyt1875
29-11-2011, 03:20 PM
What did it finnish?

son of haggart
29-11-2011, 03:24 PM
What did it finnish?

3-3 according to a reliable kickback poster

HibbyAndy
29-11-2011, 03:26 PM
What did it finnish?

3-3 with Johansson getting the eqauliser.

scoopyboy
29-11-2011, 08:45 PM
I went down to watch and IMO the game shouldn't have been played, having said that the players served up a good game.

Bit disappointed with Hibs approach to the game. I thought if Hibs could keep their winning run going they could still win the League. When I went through the team there was no Ross Caldwell, I thought he must have called off through injury or illness.

However when the Hibs team came out for the bounce game against St.Mirren there was Ross all ready to play. I know the main purpose of the 19s is to prep up players for the first team but to me if you are playing in a League you are as well to try and win it.

down-the-slope
29-11-2011, 08:57 PM
I went down to watch and IMO the game shouldn't have been played, having said that the players served up a good game.

Bit disappointed with Hibs approach to the game. I thought if Hibs could keep their winning run going they could still win the League. When I went through the team there was no Ross Caldwell, I thought he must have called off through injury or illness.

However when the Hibs team came out for the bounce game against St.Mirren there was Ross all ready to play. I know the main purpose of the 19s is to prep up players for the first team but to me if you are playing in a League you are as well to try and win it.
aye but maybe the manager wanted to see options if garry O not playing Friday...and was not impressed with options on saturday

scoopyboy
29-11-2011, 09:03 PM
aye but maybe the manager wanted to see options if garry O not playing Friday...and was not impressed with options on saturday

Yes, I can see where you are coming from.

However he could have watched him playing in the 19s, which at the end of the day would have been more beneficial than watching him going on to the pitch only to come off it again.

I've seen bounce games before at EM and they aren't real games as such, more of a non contact variety.

truehibernian
29-11-2011, 09:10 PM
Did Alex Harris play scoopy ? And how did Danny H play ?

down-the-slope
29-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Yes, I can see where you are coming from.

However he could have watched him playing in the 19s, which at the end of the day would have been more beneficial than watching him going on to the pitch only to come off it again.

I've seen bounce games before at EM and they aren't real games as such, more of a non contact variety.

could have played a half in each :confused:

I didnt think saturday was one of his best...he looks like he needs to either get into 1st team squad or get out on loan for rest of season or his progress will stall.

scoopyboy
29-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Did Alex Harris play scoopy ? And how did Danny H play ?

Alex Harris played well, Danny wasn't as good as usual but I think he might have been missing Ross.

Alex and Danny are both only 17 and Ross has just turned 18. All three eligible for the 19s next season and will be even more outstanding next season.

I really hope the reserve league starts up next season, otherwise guys like Dean Horribine could be lost to the club. Dean gets better every time I see him but this is his last season in the 19s so its going to be hard for him.

scoopyboy
29-11-2011, 09:35 PM
could have played a half in each :confused:

I didnt think saturday was one of his best...he looks like he needs to either get into 1st team squad or get out on loan for rest of season or his progress will stall.

That would have been a novel idea, today his physical presence would have made a difference IMO.

As I said in previous post Ross has just turned 18 so he has a fair bit to learn but looks promising.

truehibernian
29-11-2011, 09:38 PM
Alex Harris played well, Danny wasn't as good as usual but I think he might have been missing Ross.

Alex and Danny are both only 17 and Ross has just turned 18. All three eligible for the 19s next season and will be even more outstanding next season.

I really hope the reserve league starts up next season, otherwise guys like Dean Horribine could be lost to the club. Dean gets better every time I see him but this is his last season in the 19s so its going to be hard for him.

Thanks mate. Pre-season a scout told me to watch for a young kid called Alex Harris as he felt he was going to be a really superb player with the right coaching. I've kept a wee eye out since and it's really good to see and hear that he is doing well. From what I see he is being introduced gradually which is good. And his recent Boozy hair doo is a classic !

I'd love to see if Sean Welsh can get a few starts in the first team.............maybe even at right back.

On a separate note, I was over at Tynie today and some of the players still haven't been paid I'm hearing.......sorry days ahead methinks.

scoopyboy
29-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Thanks mate. Pre-season a scout told me to watch for a young kid called Alex Harris as he felt he was going to be a really superb player with the right coaching. I've kept a wee eye out since and it's really good to see and hear that he is doing well. From what I see he is being introduced gradually which is good. And his recent Boozy hair doo is a classic !

I'd love to see if Sean Welsh can get a few starts in the first team.............maybe even at right back.

On a separate note, I was over at Tynie today and some of the players still haven't been paid I'm hearing.......sorry days ahead methinks.

Everybody calls him Boozy.

Sean was stripped for the bounce game as was Brown, Hart, Booth, Galbraith, Taggart, Thornhill, Sodje, Caldwell and Palsson.

.Sean.
29-11-2011, 09:59 PM
Is this Harris guy not only about 16? There's a guy from Haddy I was chatting to, George someone I think, I can't remember who he is but he's someone who does something on the coaching side of things with the SFA. Anyway he seen this Harris laddie play for Scotland against England at Tynecastle, he was the youngest guy on the park and he absolutely bossed the game.

truehibernian
29-11-2011, 10:09 PM
Is this Harris guy not only about 16? There's a guy from Haddy I was chatting to, George someone I think, I can't remember who he is but he's someone who does something on the coaching side of things with the SFA. Anyway he seen this Harris laddie play for Scotland against England at Tynecastle, he was the youngest guy on the park and he absolutely bossed the game.

He's certainly young Sean......the scout I spoke to was literally raving about him pre-season and I asked Nikki if she knew anything about the lad. He went to (or still does ??) Edinburgh Academy. He was of the opinion that he would be a top top player and that Hibs were very lucky to have got him. That said, how often have we expected big things, so I just hope he does the best he can and does well. Apparently he is technically superb but quite slight/skinny in build...........with a nice wee Boozy 'fro.

SteveHFC
29-11-2011, 10:09 PM
Maybe Caldwell might be involved in the game on Friday :dunno: