PDA

View Full Version : BBC again

Andy74
28-11-2011, 05:52 PM
BBC news this time having a go at Hibs and others for not appointing Scottish managers. Steven Pressley saying clubs taking easy short term options.

Jeez, they really don't like their mates not getting jobs!

Onceinawhile
28-11-2011, 05:55 PM
Pressleys application must have been turned down. He was sounding bitter.

James70
28-11-2011, 05:55 PM
There are now more Scottish managers in the Premier League than in the SPL! :greengrin

Barney McGrew
28-11-2011, 05:58 PM
To keep things balanced as you expect from a national broadcaster, I'm sure they said exactly the same when Lennon, Advocaat, O'Neill, Le Guen and various Hertz flunkies were appointed :fibber:

Hainan Hibs
28-11-2011, 06:00 PM
BBC news this time having a go at Hibs and others for not appointing Scottish managers. Steven Pressley saying clubs taking easy short term options.

Jeez, they really don't like their mates not getting jobs!

One of the 89 failures I guess:greengrin

Kammy1875
28-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Calderwood - *****

Hughes - *****

Collins - *****

Williamson - *****.

Mowrbay - Success

Mixu - now national manager of Finland.

This tells it's own story :aok:

Scouse Hibee
28-11-2011, 06:04 PM
There are now more Scottish managers in the Premier League than in the SPL! :greengrin

Not percentage wise surely :greengrin

Diclonius
28-11-2011, 06:07 PM
Did Fenlon **** all their wives or something? They really don't like him for some reason. :confused:

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-11-2011, 06:08 PM
No surprise that the BBC can steam full ahead with this pash, now that the days of Advocaat and Le Guen are away from RFC. Scottish bosses for SPL teams, and a massive sooky in to Super Ally in an atttempt to kiss and make up.

greenlex
28-11-2011, 06:13 PM
To be fair to the BBC the last 4 spl appointments have been from far away shores with 3 now from ireland. I don't think it was a dig at Hibs specifically.

KWJ
28-11-2011, 06:16 PM
I'm not full of praise for Steven Pressley at all but I fully agree with him when he was talking about this stuff.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15708556.stm

hibsbollah
28-11-2011, 06:18 PM
Its a definite anti-Fenlon campaign now, after Saturday's negativity fest from Traynor and the tits.

The usual Sportsound hour: 42 minutes jizz-fest over the old firm, 8 minutes on why Jimmy Calderwood has such a good record and the only reason he cant get a job is because of he's perceived as ' too close with the media:faf:, why Fenlon is the wrong man (prefixed by 'ive got nothing against Pat Fenlon, BUT...) get used to that prefix by the way. And a few minutes 'banter' on whether one of the pundits supports Rangers or Celtic.

Reminder to self: dont bother.

Barney McGrew
28-11-2011, 06:19 PM
I'm not full of praise for Steven Pressley at all but I fully agree with him when he was talking about this stuff.

Only because he's not good enough to get Falkirk promoted :greengrin

James70
28-11-2011, 06:23 PM

Crowd at Easter Road is still double what Falkirk had at the weekend, our ground only looks empty because of it's capacity.
Still, have a go at Hibs rather than some of the other SPL clubs who are only getting 3-4,000 every fortnight. :rolleyes:

Hibernia Na Eir
28-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Out of interest, just what country does Pressley come from with that voice of his? He's not Scottish. He's not human.

skipster7
28-11-2011, 06:31 PM
plums the lot of them:agree: imagine pressley as our manager,if someone went near him coming out the tunnel hed fall down wanting a free kick !! cheating hearts caveman bassa:grr:

BEEJ
28-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Item on BBC Reporting Scotland tonight about it. And this in today's Herald:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/it-s-time-our-chairmen-stopped-looking-down-on-sfl-managers-1.1136914

Bit of a media frenzy gathering over this.

The fact is that the 'usual suspects' hanging around the SPL managerial job centre (Tangoman, Yogi, Gus McPherson, JJ) have proved themselves to be of largely limited ability and have probably priced themselves out the market as well.

If SPL clubs have passed over the SFL managers, well that's because these guys have yet to prove themselves by winning anything of note; and unfortunately for them, the LOI is certainly of a higher standard than Division 1 in Scotland.

Saorsa
28-11-2011, 06:49 PM

Jeez, they really don't like their mates not getting jobs!scruffy h****s **** should mind his ain ****in' business and the BBC can GTF anaw.

WindyMiller
28-11-2011, 06:52 PM
All the good Scottish managers are in England, even the OF can't entice them.

nonshinyfinish
28-11-2011, 07:07 PM
scruffy h****s **** should mind his ain ****in' business and the BBC can GTF anaw.

Quite.

lyonhibs
28-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Calderwood - *****

Hughes - *****

Collins - *****

Williamson - *****.

Mowrbay - Success

Mixu - now national manager of Finland.

This tells it's own story :aok:

Aye, ok :rolleyes:

Agree with the point though. Couldn't give a **** where Fenlon does/doesn't come from. So glad that the board looked past the end of its nose and didn't go for one of the "standard issue" SPL dullards.

Kammy1875
28-11-2011, 07:16 PM
Aye, ok :rolleyes:

Agree with the point though. Couldn't give a **** where Fenlon does/doesn't come from. So glad that the board looked past the end of its nose and didn't go for one of the "standard issue" SPL dullards.

All about opinions and Collins, in my opinion was a failure then left us in the lurch. There's a reason only a random Belgian club have touched him.

BoltonHibee
28-11-2011, 07:20 PM
All about opinions and Collins, in my opinion was a failure then left us in the lurch. There's a reason only a random Belgian club have touched him.

What's the reason?

Kammy1875
28-11-2011, 07:23 PM
What's the reason?

Can't spot a player, has no man management and is tactically inept. :agree:

Hamish
28-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Its a definite anti-Fenlon campaign now, after Saturday's negativity fest from Traynor and the tits.

The usual Sportsound hour: 42 minutes jizz-fest over the old firm, 8 minutes on why Jimmy Calderwood has such a good record and the only reason he cant get a job is because of he's perceived as ' too close with the media:faf:, why Fenlon is the wrong man (prefixed by 'ive got nothing against Pat Fenlon, BUT...) get used to that prefix by the way. And a few minutes 'banter' on whether one of the pundits supports Rangers or Celtic.

Reminder to self: dont bother.

I haven't listened to it for about a year now. Surely if the head of BBC Scotland has heard this drivel at some point he must do something about it. Amateurish nonsense.

Twa Cairpets
28-11-2011, 07:33 PM
If the Scottish managers were good enough they'd get the gigs.

They're not, for the most part. On eof the reasons why we've advanced only occasionally in Scotland is that we've not expanded the gene pool enough! How long have Tango, Jefferies and the ilk been around, taking their ideas to different clubs but never really challenging what it is we do as a nation in terms of playing. JC tried to change the culture and was hounded out by the players - Yogi became their buddies.

If these guys had actually tried (wuth any success or longevity) to broaden their horizons I'd have some time for them, but they havent. Levein: failed at Leicester. JJ: failed at Bradford.
McCoist: Only managed in Scotland, failed in Europe. Lennon: Only managed in Scotland, essentially failed in Europe. Butcher: Only mansged in Scotland. Houston: Only managed in Scotland. Danny Lennon: Only managed in Scotland. McIntyre: Only managed in Scotland.

The guys whove been outeith Scotkand are the ones doing best (allowing for resource)
McCall - doing well with well.
Shiels - Managed in Irelnd, doing pretty well
Sergio - given the mentalness at yamville, is doing not too bad with the actual players, all things considered.

All in all, the facts suggest that if youve notbeen part of the SFA mery go round, youre more likely to do well. Its about broadening the horizons of the game here, energising players and coaches with different ideas to keep things as fresh as possible.

Pressley is a fud. He can GTF

Jones28
28-11-2011, 07:40 PM
Maybe these guys should sit down and do some research, then perhaps they'll see that the only reason we didn't hire a Scottish manager is they're mostly inept! Jimmy Calderwood apparently was good with Aberdeen, but they did virtually nothing under his management.

IMHO a successful manager is someone who has proven themselves by winning titles or trophies. Fenlon has done this in Ireland with Bohemian where the standard of football is similar. Mon the Pat, Pressly et al GTF :flag:

hibsbollah
28-11-2011, 07:41 PM
In a way I quite like it. The more they slag us off, the more a good motivator (as I hope Fenlon is) can potentially use it to his advantage. I'd like us to develop a 'noone likes us' mindset.

chrisski33
28-11-2011, 07:43 PM
perhaps the bbc have overlooked that their buddies aint any good! and does it matter where the manager is from? no! so they think we should have appointed a scottish manager just cos he's scottish!?

Kammy1875
28-11-2011, 07:51 PM
In a way I quite like it. The more they slag us off, the more a good motivator (as I hope Fenlon is) can potentially use it to his advantage. I'd like us to develop a 'noone likes us' mindset.

:agree: **** them and there boys club.

SquashedFrogg
28-11-2011, 08:01 PM

They're not, for the most part. On eof the reasons why we've advanced only occasionally in Scotland is that we've not expanded the gene pool enough! How long have Tango, Jefferies and the ilk been around, taking their ideas to different clubs but never really challenging what it is we do as a nation in terms of playing. JC tried to change the culture and was hounded out by the players - Yogi became their buddies.

If these guys had actually tried (wuth any success or longevity) to broaden their horizons I'd have some time for them, but they havent. Levein: failed at Leicester. JJ: failed at Bradford.
McCoist: Only managed in Scotland, failed in Europe. Lennon: Only managed in Scotland, essentially failed in Europe. Butcher: Only mansged in Scotland. Houston: Only managed in Scotland. Danny Lennon: Only managed in Scotland. McIntyre: Only managed in Scotland.

The guys whove been outeith Scotkand are the ones doing best (allowing for resource)
Sergio - given the mentalness at yamville, is doing not too bad with the actual players, all things considered.

All in all, the facts suggest that if youve notbeen part of the SFA mery go round, youre more likely to do well. Its about broadening the horizons of the game here, energising players and coaches with different ideas to keep things as fresh as possible.

Butcher did manage down South and was a roaring..

Failure :agree:

Kaiser1962
28-11-2011, 08:02 PM

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/it-s-time-our-chairmen-stopped-looking-down-on-sfl-managers-1.1136914

The fact is that the 'usual suspects' hanging around the SPL managerial job centre (Tangoman, Yogi, Gus McPherson, JJ) have proved themselves to be of largely limited ability and have probably priced themselves out the market as well.

If SPL clubs have passed over the SFL managers, well that's because these guys have yet to prove themselves by winning anything of note; and unfortunately for them, the LOI is certainly of a higher standard than Division 1 in Scotland.

I suspect clubs are looking further afield because the managerial merry go round is same old same old. They have all trained at the same place, got all the same badges and set up their training and their teams the same way resulting in the turgid nonsense we see. The Scottish managers out of work have been proven to be nowhere near as good as they think they are so clubs are looking elsewhere for fresh ideas.

chrisski33
28-11-2011, 08:04 PM

mighte work with us but will it work with our current crop of players? prob wouldnt have heard it as out drinking in george st probably!

TheEastTerrace
28-11-2011, 08:05 PM

I don't agree with Michael Grant's first article - but the wee paragraph about the Polis speaks volumes for the attitudes towards supporters in the UK

Andy74
28-11-2011, 08:05 PM

Australia too I think. Same result. English anyway!

Makaveli
28-11-2011, 09:22 PM
The Glasgow media have been pathetic since Fenlon's appointment. They really do expect jobs for the boys; these "experienced SPL managers" who have repeatedly proven themselves nothing more than mediocre. Why would we choose someone who has managed poorly in Scotland over someone who has managed well elsewhere? It's madness.

Whoever the plum on the back of the sports bit in the Express is (some goon) was also having a go but focusing more on the Irish angle... basically bemoaning Hibs giving the gig to an Irishman when it could (and apparently should) have went to a Scot. :rolleyes:

CallumLaidlaw
28-11-2011, 09:30 PM
The Glasgow media have been pathetic since Fenlon's appointment. They really do expect jobs for the boys; these "experienced SPL managers" who have repeatedly proven themselves nothing more than mediocre. Why would we choose someone who has managed poorly in Scotland over someone who has managed well elsewhere? It's madness.

Whoever the plum on the back of the sports bit in the Express is (some goon) was also having a go but focusing more on the Irish angle... basically bemoaning Hibs giving the gig to an Irishman when it could (and apparently should) have went to a Scot. :rolleyes:

They're bound to have said the same when Lennon got the Celtic job, no? :wink:

weecounty hibby
28-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Stop listening to it. I did ages ago as they are the most pathetic, toadying bunch of nobodies. Who are these people to tell Hibs what to do. The BBC pro OF bias is astounding and only now that Super Ally is in charge are they saying things like this. I remember when Dick Advocaat, two of my wifes favourite things, took over how they raved about it and how go ahead it was to have a foriegn coach like him in charge.

Pat Fenlon, league and cup winner or Jimmy Claderwood, kept Dunfermline in SPL. You choose. No brainer for me. Succesful manager against mediocre also rans. The likes of Chick Young probably side with mediocrity as that is the standard of their journalism

Hibs07p
28-11-2011, 09:45 PM
I think we get such negative press & media coverage, because nothing newsworthy is ever leaked from our club, no scoops, exclusives, nothing! We are also very professional, by not griping in public, giving the media a ready made agenda to criticise our club, until they get a response good or bad, but mostly knowing we won't criticise them back because of the way our club conducts it's business. It's maybe about time, we as a club, started to respond to negative comments from the media, and tell them to go and take a **** to themselves, particularly when they're spouting bull****.
That is all.

SRHibs
28-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Why's it that I'm always seeing quotes from Steven Pressley in the papers/on the internet? Guy loves the sound of his own voice.

Dashing Bob S
28-11-2011, 10:21 PM

I agree completely. I'm absolutely delighted that we've gone from outside Scotland and not shoed in yet another grubby old fud mouthing the same dour platitudes. We hear enough of their grumbling anyway, I'm tired of these second-raters pontificating about other people. They are finding their level and that's as scratchy old soaks wobbling unsteadily between the dole queue and the microphone of some tawdry radio station listened to only by half-wits from small, grotty towns calling about OF nonsense in order to hear their own moronic voices.

Saorsa
28-11-2011, 10:24 PM
I agree completely. I'm absolutely delighted that we've gone from outside Scotland and not shoed in yet another grubby old fud mouthing the same dour platitudes. We hear enough of their grumbling anyway, I'm tired of these second-raters pontificating about other people. They are finding their level and that's as scratchy old soaks wobbling unsteadily between the dole queue and the microphone of some tawdry radio station listened to only by half-wits from small, grotty towns calling about OF nonsense in order to hear their own moronic voices.:top marks :thumbsup:

Purple & Green
28-11-2011, 10:24 PM
[Collins] is tactically inept. :agree:

Brilliant, that gave me a good giggle tonight.

James70
28-11-2011, 10:35 PM
I'll bet that if Fenlon is a roaring success with us and Celtic are looking for another manager in the next couple of years the Glasgow media will be quick to put his name forward!

ScottB
28-11-2011, 10:55 PM
Excuse me for thinking we should pick staff on merit, rather than what particular part of the planet they happened to drop out of their mother.

Particularly rich when our last 2 managers were Scots as well.

At the end of the day, rather like with the players, the best Scottish talent are being picked up sooner by increasing numbers of English clubs. Long gone are the days where a Scottish coach would start in the SFL, go to a low end SPL team, then on to Hibs / Hearts etc then to the Old Firm then finally, if lucky, England. In the last few years we've seen guys like Coyle and McInnes go South pretty early on in their careers, missing out the stage that would have seen us be able to go for them.

But yeah, smacks of an excuse to moan about Hibs, seems to happen when the media are unable to get any info out of the club when hunting for new managers, spot of 'revenge' as it were.

Hibercelona
28-11-2011, 11:32 PM
I hope they all continue to rip into Fenlon, it'll hopefully just add more hunger and desire for him to do well.

Its when the media starts talking about how great we are that I begin to worry.

hibbytam
29-11-2011, 12:09 AM

There are plenty of good scottish managers. They're just all down in England. It's only the dregs that are left up here

sevenil
29-11-2011, 01:04 AM
Sticking my heid above the parapet....I for one am a bit sad that we have not appointed a Scottish Manager. Now this new man from over the western horizon may turn out to know what he's doing.............but like everyone in every country in the world, you'd always prefer to have one of 'your ain' making it happen.
There are plenty of Scottish candidates around, the problem is that the best of them have had some success down south, and have become used to certain salary levels........

TBH some of the comments in this thread reveal a bit of paranoia about the media - a touch of the Lennon's - 'they're all out to get me'

southern hibby
29-11-2011, 08:09 AM
There are now more Scottish managers in the Premier League than in the SPL! :greengrin This is because more scottish managers have won the Premiership than their english counterparts. Infact NO ENGLISH MANAGER HAS WON THE PREMIERSHIP. GGTTH

Posh Swanny
29-11-2011, 08:34 AM

Indeed. (http://www.uptheposh.com/matches/3732/)

And check out the goalie who got sent off after 50 seconds. :greengrin

JimBHibees
29-11-2011, 09:29 AM
I agree completely. I'm absolutely delighted that we've gone from outside Scotland and not shoed in yet another grubby old fud mouthing the same dour platitudes. We hear enough of their grumbling anyway, I'm tired of these second-raters pontificating about other people. They are finding their level and that's as scratchy old soaks wobbling unsteadily between the dole queue and the microphone of some tawdry radio station listened to only by half-wits from small, grotty towns calling about OF nonsense in order to hear their own moronic voices.

Completely agree I think it is refreshing we are looking further afield for managers and quite like the cut of PF's jib, in that he has come in and appears to be acting decisively with bringing in his own guys.

Unfortunately a few obvious exceptions apart such as Richard Gordon, BBC's quality of expert is genuinely awful, when guys like Traynor, Dodds, Young, Preston, Robbo are seen as doyens of knowledge it is time to start bringing in guys from the local pub.

How Derek Ferguson has managed to get a BBC gig without a rudimentary grasp of the English language is another great decision. :rolleyes:

BEEJ
29-11-2011, 02:33 PM
How Derek Ferguson has managed to get a BBC gig without a rudimentary grasp of the English language is another great decision. :rolleyes:
Boyish enthusiasm. Who needs grammar when you can bellow into a microphone and proclaim every incident you witness on the park as being worthy of a collector's DVD of amazing football moments?

Loud, vewy loud. :rolleyes:

hibsbollah
29-11-2011, 03:06 PM
How Derek Ferguson has managed to get a BBC gig without a rudimentary grasp of the English language is another great decision. :rolleyes: My theory is Derek Ferguson was struck by lightning as a child.

The Green Goblin
29-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Well, here's another perspective on it and I am surprised no-one has picked up on this:

From what I can tell from the feedback on here, the BBC pundits are arguing that Hibs should have appointed a Scot, in otherwards, they are saying that the appointment decision should have been based (at least in part, let's say) on the manager's nationality. So, please correct me if I am wrong, because I didn't hear the discussion, but my understanding is they criticised Hibs for giving a "foreigner" a job before arguing it should have been given to a "Scot". Is that right? Did they really say that? Because that's an astonishingly stupid thing to say.

Imagine..."Tesco", say, appointed an African man as CEO and some politician came out and said Tesco should have appointed a British person instead. The ethics and mindset are the same.

My point is; the manager's Nationality should have absolutely nothing to do with it, any more than his religious beliefs or skin colour.

GG

hibsbollah
29-11-2011, 03:33 PM
Well, here's another perspective on it and I am surprised no-one has picked up on this:From what I can tell from the feedback on here, the BBC pundits are arguing that Hibs should have appointed a Scot, in otherwards, they are saying that the appointment decision should have been based (at least in part, let's say) on the manager's nationality. So, please correct me if I am wrong, because I didn't hear the discussion, but my understanding is they criticised Hibs for giving a "foreigner" a job before arguing it should have been given to a "Scot". Is that right? Did they really say that? Because that's an astonishingly stupid thing to say.Imagine..."Tesco", say, appointed an African man as CEO and some politician came out and said Tesco should have appointed a British person instead. The ethics and mindset are the same. My point is; the manager's Nationality should have absolutely nothing to do with it, any more than his religious beliefs or skin colour. GG The same thing crossed my mind. 'No dogs, foreigners or irish need apply'.

JimBHibees
29-11-2011, 03:47 PM
Well, here's another perspective on it and I am surprised no-one has picked up on this:

From what I can tell from the feedback on here, the BBC pundits are arguing that Hibs should have appointed a Scot, in otherwards, they are saying that the appointment decision should have been based (at least in part, let's say) on the manager's nationality. So, please correct me if I am wrong, because I didn't hear the discussion, but my understanding is they criticised Hibs for giving a "foreigner" a job before arguing it should have been given to a "Scot". Is that right? Did they really say that? Because that's an astonishingly stupid thing to say.

Imagine..."Tesco", say, appointed an African man as CEO and some politician came out and said Tesco should have appointed a British person instead. The ethics and mindset are the same.

My point is; the manager's Nationality should have absolutely nothing to do with it, any more than his religious beliefs or skin colour.

GG

One of the main ones leading the debate was Dodds who no doubt considers himself and Gordon Chisholm as a hard done to managerial duo on a par with Cloughie and Taylor. :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
29-11-2011, 03:54 PM
Completely agree I think it is refreshing we are looking further afield for managers and quite like the cut of PF's jib, in that he has come in and appears to be acting decisively with bringing in his own guys.

Unfortunately a few obvious exceptions apart such as Richard Gordon, BBC's quality of expert is genuinely awful, when guys like Traynor, Dodds, Young, Preston, Robbo are seen as doyens of knowledge it is time to start bringing in guys from the local pub.

I thought that's what they are basically doing already?

Derek Ferguson gets the gig so that some simpleton from Bellshill can boast to his mates in the pub how he slavered unintelligible nonsense on radio with the master.

Hibercelona
29-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Boyish enthusiasm. Who needs grammar when you can bellow into a microphone and proclaim every incident you witness on the park as being worthy of a collector's DVD of amazing football moments?

Loud, vewy loud. :rolleyes:

True. But he is one of the few i prefer.

If you're sitting in the house and tuning into a game, you want it to sound exciting.

Beats the rest of them with the "doom and gloom" talk that just makes you want to curl up into a ball and hiberate until the end of the season.

--------
29-11-2011, 04:24 PM
The quality of Scottish sports broadcasting has been dreadful for a s long as I can remember. Whenever someone comes along who's competent, knowledgeable and presentable, they move south or to Sky very quickly. It's as if BBC Scotland is corporately allergic to anyone of above-average ability.

In stead of complaining that Hibs "should" have appointed a Scottish manager - Hibs board operated a selection process that led them to Pat Fenlon - they maybe should be asking why Hibs, like so many other SPL teams, didn't consider an appointment from within the SFL to be a positive way forward? Only time will tell whether PF is the right man for the job, but his nationality/racial background should have nothing to do with whether he's appointed or not. It occurs to me that the Scottish coaches available are a pretty boring, uninspiring, bunch of low-class mediocrities.

And would Hibs have come under the hammer for "bullying wee teams" if they had gone to a Div One side and taken their manager simply by offering him a much better deal than the Div One club could possibly equal? I think they probably would.

Every aspect of Scottish football is SO depressing.

Hibs are struggling. The OF dominate the game. The TV presentation sucks. Newspaper journalism sucks. Gates are falling and no one seems to have the slightest clue as to how to reverse that trend. No one seems to have the will to look to sort out the Leagues as Leagues - as soon as the question of the structure and financing of the game comes up, the media and the authorities all fall into line behind the OF and nothing positive or productive gets done.

Sob-story tonight about Hibs "sacking" two coaches and appointing another "foreigner" in the lad O'Brien?

IWasThere2016
29-11-2011, 05:18 PM
There was not one Scottish appointment thaat would have excited me (as WGS was never interested). So, like others, I'm pleased it is PF. If he turns us around the Dicks - Gordon and Dung - will be punting him for Celtc. Twats!

TheEastTerrace
29-11-2011, 05:20 PM
The first question tonight was a blatant plant!

Franck Stanton
29-11-2011, 06:05 PM

There are more Scottish managers in the EPL than there are English managers

grunt
29-11-2011, 06:14 PM
The first question tonight was a blatant plant!That was my immediate thought. Had me shouting at the radio (often seems to happen these days with Sportsound).

jdships
29-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Tangoman, Yogi, Gus McPherson, JJ ,JC - tried and found guilty long ago all now yesterdays men :rolleyes:
Let's forget all this claptrap and give PF a fighting chance - go for it and show every body what you are made of :flag:

The_Sauz
29-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Yet to read or hear the BBC complain about all the English born players that are being picked to play for Scotland!

ScottB
29-11-2011, 06:42 PM
Yet to read or hear the BBC complain about all the English born players that are being picked to play for Scotland!

Remarkably silent to through the years of foreign Old Firm managers and teams too. I must have forgotten them kicking off when Celtic replaced a good Scotsman with a foreign devil too, or when the Yams punted JJ, or St Johnstone not going for a Scot...

BEEJ
29-11-2011, 06:58 PM
The first question tonight was a blatant plant!

That was my immediate thought. Had me shouting at the radio (often seems to happen these days with Sportsound).
What was it?

:dunno:

TheEastTerrace
29-11-2011, 07:13 PM
What was it?

:dunno:

Basically, 'why are SPL clubs not giving jobs to Scottish managers?' The BBC continuing their babble to get the 'boys' a job.

BEEJ
29-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Basically, 'why are SPL clubs not giving jobs to Scottish managers?' The BBC continuing their babble to get the 'boys' a job.
Oh, that! :rolleyes: