PDA

View Full Version : Billy Brown Stays on! (merged)

johncrobertson@
28-11-2011, 05:31 PM
BBC - Billy Brown stays as Assistant Manager for the foreseeable future.

God Petrie
28-11-2011, 05:34 PM
ugh why

Diclonius
28-11-2011, 05:37 PM
???

LeithBoozy
28-11-2011, 05:43 PM
Why not, the guy has done no wrong???????????

steakbake
28-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Quite pleased with that. I think he has a role to play.

hibiedude
28-11-2011, 05:47 PM
It might be because he knows the scottish game and Fenlon dosen't

Great news for Billy Brown and I can't say i'm disapointed.

matty_f
28-11-2011, 05:51 PM

I think there were a few folk that commented that they'd like to see Billy stay in some capacity. I hope Fenlon gets in who he needs and wants, and if there's room for Billy there too then all the better.

He knows Scottish football inside out and will be a real help to Pat, hopefully.

truehibernian
28-11-2011, 05:51 PM
Saying in public what every Hibs fan is saying at games and away from them. I would like BB to stay purely because he has exactly the mentality we want the players to have. Far too much cotton wool under CC, far too many cliques under Yogi......and as much as I don't like seeing anybody lose their job, Gareth Evans can go away and pat another teams erchies during warm ups.....he looked soft every single time I saw him take pre-match warm ups and drills. The players often took the lilian in front of him.

Hard work, discipline and brutal honesty is needed. BB has all three strings to his bow.

Hibs Class
28-11-2011, 05:52 PM

:agree:

chrisski33
28-11-2011, 05:53 PM
To be honest havent seen difference since bb came to hibs yes he shows more passion and fight on the touchline but the team wasnt any.better when he was in charge. Just my opinion

DH1875
28-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Why not, the guy has done no wrong???????????

My thoughts as well :agree:.

Coco Bryce
28-11-2011, 05:59 PM
To be honest havent seen difference since bb came to hibs yes he shows more passion and fight on the touchline but the team wasnt any.better when he was in charge. Just my opinion

You can't polish a turd.

Dashing Bob S
28-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Gutted. Busy at work and now going to have to do another set of BB diaries featuring Nutsy.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-11-2011, 06:01 PM
That's that One put to bed then!

Would be too hasty to get rid IMO he'll know the shirkers and will advise PF accordingly.

bingo70
28-11-2011, 06:03 PM
I don't think its necessarily about seeing an immediate improvement with brown I think its a out setting higher standards and expectations around the club, if he was the only coach trying to enforce those standards he had no chance.

It's pretty obvious he's less than impressed with the work ethic at the club so hopefully he's working along side a manager with similar standards we'll start to see a difference in mind set.

That said, the formation he played at home to killie was nothing short of disgraceful so hopefully pf gets those ideas drummed out of him

RIP
28-11-2011, 06:06 PM
His SPL knowledge will be invaluable - at least at first. Then it's up to the chemistry

justlikebrazil
28-11-2011, 06:12 PM
He will be off when jumbo jim comes calling!!! Maybe to Aberdeen :aok:

Bostonhibby
28-11-2011, 06:14 PM
ugh why

Think he is a full back, slightly less injury prone than Hart apparently and raring to go in a position successive managers never have filled adequately :wink:

There's a bit of concern about fitness but to be fair to Brown he says he is prepared to ease up a bit and go on the lash for a couple of weeks to give the rest of the first team squad a chance to reach his level............

NorthNorfolkHFC
28-11-2011, 06:19 PM
does that mean, the other lad that watched the st j game will not be coming?

Andy74
28-11-2011, 06:20 PM
does that mean, the other lad that watched the st j game will not be coming?

I think we've cleared the way for him to be a first team coach.

Cropley10
28-11-2011, 06:23 PM

Good news. We need someone alongside PF who knows our opposition and the Scottish game in general. I'm sure our new manager recognises that.

johnrebus
28-11-2011, 06:29 PM
Saying in public what every Hibs fan is saying at games and away from them. I would like BB to stay purely because he has exactly the mentality we want the players to have. Far too much cotton wool under CC, far too many cliques under Yogi......and as much as I don't like seeing anybody lose their job, Gareth Evans can go away and pat another teams erchies during warm ups.....he looked soft every single time I saw him take pre-match warm ups and drills. The players often took the lilian in front of him.

Hard work, discipline and brutal honesty is needed. BB has all three strings to his bow.

Dissapointed he is staying.

Just hope he will have nothing to do with coaching.

ALF TUPPER
28-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Happy with that. Sensible move by PF and , for now, a move thats suits BB too.

A :thumbsup:up from me.

hibees59
28-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Think he is a full back, slightly less injury prone than Hart apparently and raring to go in a position successive managers never have filled adequately :wink:

There's a bit of concern about fitness but to be fair to Brown he says he is prepared to ease up a bit and go on the lash for a couple of weeks to give the rest of the first team squad a chance to reach his level............
That's great we need full backs :greengrin

Sergeant Hibs
28-11-2011, 06:41 PM
It will be funny to see how the defenders treat him after what he says on the bbc website he obviously thought we was a goner

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15905227.stm

crash
28-11-2011, 07:21 PM
He will be off when jumbo jim comes calling!!! Maybe to Aberdeen :aok:

:agree:correct.

Sammy7nil
28-11-2011, 07:26 PM
Lets hope the miserable git cheers up before Friday.

I have never heard a man so down PRIOR to the kick off on Saturday.

I am sure that did not help the players.

ahibby
28-11-2011, 07:31 PM
I can see some sense in keeping him short term. Hibs not only depending upon his experience of the SPL but also any loyalty he may have left from being a Hibs fan as a lad. However the organisation and performances of the team in the last two games was nothing but woeful, with fans going to the pub after 20 minutes in one of them. In the not to distant future I would like to see him go with Jumbo to wherever. I just hope that he will be a help and not a hindrance to the new manager who surely must get the opportunity before too long to bring in his own people.
Just read the other post about the coaches being relieved of their duties so really BB has to stay for atleast a wee while. Happy with this.

Hibees07
28-11-2011, 07:34 PM
I wonder if BB has had a word in PF's ear about the standard of coaching. Surely PF would have no idea what the coaches were like and would have taken longer to assess them.

snooky
28-11-2011, 07:35 PM
You can't polish a turd.

:dunno: BB or the team?

Sammy7nil
28-11-2011, 07:36 PM
I wonder if BB has had a word in PF's ear about the standard of coaching. Surely PF would have no idea what the coaches were like and would have taken longer to assess them.

I think the results and performances over the last 2 years may have have given him a wee clue :greengrin

iwasthere1972
28-11-2011, 07:37 PM
Gutted. Busy at work and now going to have to do another set of BB diaries featuring Nutsy.

Apart from the Calderwood sacking this is the best news we have had for weeks.

Can't wait DBS.

hibs0666
28-11-2011, 07:38 PM
You can't polish a turd.

But you can roll it in glitter. :agree:

BEEJ
28-11-2011, 07:41 PM

BB has a lot to offer the new management team that PF is putting together. The two departures today are timely and create space for BB and 'a.n. other' to slot into new roles.

IWasThere2016
28-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Happy with this. I suspect it is only until June or whenever JJ gets another gig.

brydekirk
28-11-2011, 08:07 PM
Think this will more good than harm and will keep nutsy clued up

Eyrie
28-11-2011, 08:11 PM
Slightly surprised but I don't mind him staying on. It'll probably be until the end of the season when his contract runs out but he can give Fenlon some inside information on the SPL and our squad in the interim. Given that Fenlon's assistant from Bohemians was with him at the St Johnstone game I'd think he'll be joining the coaching staff and get the assistant job once Brown departs.

Can you imagine the look on the players faces when Brown appeared for training today after his comments on Saturday? :faf:

soupy
28-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Good news for me, just watch us go now :-)

Kammy1875
28-11-2011, 08:18 PM
As long as he does what he's told from the manager than fair enough. Fenlon if he want's him gone in January or the summer then he goes. :aok:

greenlex
28-11-2011, 08:21 PM
I wonder who the BBC learned this news from? I reckon it will be from Brown himself via one of his BBC buddies. I don't think it will have come from the club. I expect a U turn from Hibs and he will be gone before Christmas.

Sammy7nil
28-11-2011, 08:25 PM
I wonder who the BBC learned this news from? I reckon it will be from Brown himself via one of his BBC buddies. I don't think it will have come from the club. I expect a U turn from Hibs and he will be gone before Christmas.

Eh ! do you think the club would have pretended he was not there?
or
Perhaps Billy thought if he leaked he has been kept on when he has been told to go Hibs would have to keep him?

It makes sense why pay him to do nowt he can help Pat short term he will be away in the summer or when another job comes up.

down-the-slope
28-11-2011, 08:30 PM
You can't polish a turd.

So it will look better on the surface...but underneath still be Sh*t* :rolleyes:

greenlex
28-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Eh ! do you think the club would have pretended he was not there?
or
Perhaps Billy thought if he leaked he has been kept on when he has been told to go Hibs would have to keep him?

It makes sense why pay him to do nowt he can help Pat short term he will be away in the summer or when another job comes up.

Naw dinnae be stupid.
Have the club said anything about Brown yet? No the BBC have just "learned" he is staying.
My point is I think he is blabbing to hs BBC/football cronies who were only last week saying what a great guy he is and should get the Hibs managers job.

fleethibee
28-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Not convinced I'm afraid. I don't think he has done much since his arrival and I don't know what his relationship with CC was but nonetheless I would have preferred a total clean sweep.

Fenlon needs to bring his own people in, completely.

ancient hibee
28-11-2011, 08:54 PM

Whatever turns you on.

SquashedFrogg
28-11-2011, 08:57 PM
You can't polish a turd.

Yes you can. You may end up with sh*te all over your hands, but you can definitely polish a turd :agree:

Sir David Gray
28-11-2011, 09:41 PM
Pleased with this news.

I certainly think that he has a place in the coaching set up and going by his post match comments at the weekend, it seems that he's not afraid of criticising players after a bad performance, which is a good thing.

Sammy7nil
28-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Yes you can. You may end up with sh*te all over your hands, but you can definitely polish a turd :agree:

Thanks for that ****tey hands it will save us all trying :wink:

ScottB
28-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Ultimately, if Pat has decided that BB's presence at the club is a benefit to it and him, that's more than good enough for me.

IWasThere2016
28-11-2011, 09:49 PM

If he was going it would have been quick - the fact is wasn't today would suggest to me the Beeb have it right (tip off or not :wink:)

HibbyKeith
28-11-2011, 09:56 PM
You can't polish a turd.

clearly never seen this... http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/mythbusters-polishing-a-turd.html

Holmesdale Hibs
28-11-2011, 10:50 PM
Good news. We need someone alongside PF who knows our opposition and the Scottish game in general. I'm sure our new manager recognises that.

:agree: he should also know alot about what wasn't working under CC. Hopefully he can pass it all on to PF and he will know how to fix it.

Sas_The_Hibby
28-11-2011, 10:58 PM
Dissapointed he is staying.

Just hope he will have nothing to do with coaching.

He'll be mainly driving the team bus on match days - does that count? :wink:

nortonhibby
29-11-2011, 12:04 AM

i like his spinny wheel thing he does with his hands. RPs pick so he stays on.:confused:

Kojock
29-11-2011, 10:57 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20111129/management-team-confirmed_2262950_2531554

While Liam O'Brien will join as first team coach.

Riordans Boots
29-11-2011, 11:04 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20111129/management-team-confirmed_2262950_2531554

While Liam O'Brien will join as first team coach.

Have to say I am happy with that :agree:

Northernhibee
29-11-2011, 11:07 AM
That'll do me.

Coco Bryce
29-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Petrie still calling the shots I see...

RP & BB are good friends :greengrin

RickyS
29-11-2011, 11:09 AM
[QUOTE=Hot Shot Hamish;3010744]http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20111129/management-team-confirmed_2262950_2531554

While Liam O'Brien will join as first team coach.[/QUOTE

im reasonably happy with this, lets see us push up the league now plz!

DarrenSQH
29-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Was hoping we would get rid of him. Maybe Paying him off would have cost too much.

Golden Bear
29-11-2011, 11:20 AM
Have to say I am happy with that :agree:

--------
29-11-2011, 11:44 AM
You can't polish a turd.

Oh yes you can. Advert's a bore, but give it time.

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/mythbusters-polishing-a-turd.html

O (http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/mythbusters-polishing-a-turd.html)OPS! Keith beat me to it...

J-C
29-11-2011, 11:45 AM
BB wasn't shy in dropping a couple of underachievers and slating others recently, he like Fenlon doesn't suffer fools glagly and hoefully they can build a good partnership together, adding O'Brian will give us all the necessary coaches we need at ER.

Bad Martini
29-11-2011, 12:37 PM
Would suspect he'll be there short term, possibly end of season at most. Thereafter, he will be gone.

He was part of the old setup which brought us the worst mediocre and lacklustre performances for a long time. Lack of urgency and interest by the players says a wholesale clear out is needed. If the coaches are going, I dont see the 2nd in charge staying too long either......unless he was the exception to the others. We'll find out soon enough. I recall Sammy Lee parting ways with LFC not so long ago and was a veritible fixture at Anfield....but, if somethings no working, they go. Simples.