PDA

View Full Version : Excited for Friday?

hibsbollah
28-11-2011, 03:07 PM
Personally i can't wait. New regime, Fenlons first match in charge, Friday night, should be a good atmosphere.

Is anyone else gone all 'happy clappy' at the prospect of a freezing friday night in post-industrial disaster Motherwell or have i lost the plot?

scott7_0(Prague)
28-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Personally i can't wait. New regime, Fenlons first match in charge, Friday night, should be a good atmosphere.

Is anyone else gone all 'happy clappy' at the prospect of a freezing friday night in post-industrial disaster Motherwell or have i lost the plot?

Hopefully the bubble wont have burst by 9.30 on Friday. :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
28-11-2011, 03:10 PM
I'm game. The revolution will have its setbacks but PF will stamp a winning culture on this club.

RiseAbove
28-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Excited? no, but hoping that Fenlon will kick a few backsides this week and hoping that we see a decent 90 minute performance, it's all very well Sproule coming out (again) to say that the fans deserve better but we need to see talking on the pitch and not in the papers.

CentreLine
28-11-2011, 03:14 PM
Yes, looking forward to see the results of one week with PF. Not expecting miracles but it will be nice to be in at the start of the new era

Franck Stanton
28-11-2011, 03:15 PM
I'm game. The revolution will have its setbacks but PF will stamp a winning culture on this club.

Hope you are right DB but, to be honest, cannae see there being that much o' a difference being made in just 4 days, [presuming they weren't in on Sunday for extra training]. Think that , given time, Fenlon will make us a success , but as for this Friday, just be the same old same old. cannae make a silk purse out of a pigs ear i'm afraid.

At The Edge
28-11-2011, 03:15 PM
I'm 'well' looking forward to the match, even managed to drag a mate to come along.
Not sure if we'll win, but an improved team performance will do me, visable signs of progress from the Fenlon Boot Camp week one.
:pfgwa

Dashing Bob S
28-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Hope you are right DB but, to be honest, cannae see there being that much o' a difference being made in just 4 days, [presuming they weren't in on Sunday for extra training]. Think that , given time, Fenlon will make us a success , but as for this Friday, just be the same old same old. cannae make a silk purse out of a pigs ear i'm afraid.

If I believed purely in reason, Eric, I'd agree with you. But now is the time to dip into the bucket of faith.

hibsbollah
28-11-2011, 03:20 PM
In years to come we'll be able to say 'we were there'. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers etc etc.

:flag:

Dashing Bob S
28-11-2011, 03:27 PM
I'll be in the 'hozzy' enjoying the high life. Can hardly wait to rub double-chins with some of the obese For Park faithful.

www.motherwellfc.co.uk/hospitality-sponsorship/matchday-hospitality/centenary-suite/

ScottB
28-11-2011, 03:33 PM
I'm just hoping folk won't be calling for his head once it becomes apparent that 4 days of training won't have fixed all that's wrong with this side...

.Sean.
28-11-2011, 03:35 PM
Yes, looking forward to it, but not expecting very much.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-11-2011, 04:24 PM
I don't think anyone that attended on Saturday can possibly be excited at the prospect of witnessing more of that shambles!
The best part will probably be admiring the ladies of Lanarkshire in the boozers on their Xmas night out!

steakbake
28-11-2011, 04:25 PM
I will be there. I think it is totally unreasonable to think he'd make a difference in a week. However, I'll be interested to see how he sets us out and his team selection. Mainly going because I want an excuse to leave the Xmas work do early and I'd love to give Fenlon a warm welcome to the Hibs. You know it makes sense! :cb

frazeHFC
28-11-2011, 04:29 PM
People following me on twitter will know how excited i am! :thumbsup:

scoopyboy
28-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Yes, looking forward to it, but not expecting very much.

East Lothian Hibs taking 49 seater Sean.

The boyz are back in town.

.Sean.
28-11-2011, 04:39 PM
East Lothian Hibs taking 49 seater Sean.The boyz are back in town. I've let Stevie know on the Facebook page mate.

WindyMiller
28-11-2011, 05:00 PM
]I don't think anyone that attended on Saturday can possibly be excited at the prospect[/B] of witnessing more of that shambles!
The best part will probably be admiring the ladies of Lanarkshire in the boozers on their Xmas night out!

I am.:hyper:

1two
28-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Why is this game a Friday night?

Sylar
28-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Should have arrived in San Fran in time to catch the final score.

Excited? Aye, but no for the football :greengrin

Bostonhibby
28-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Why is this game a Friday night?
:dunno: Think someone from Hibs complained that we are sick getting humped on a Saturday so would the league do something about it please or we will start shouting aboot conspiracies :wink:

Cabbage East
28-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Will it be on the box?

Jonnyboy
28-11-2011, 08:28 PM
East Lothian Hibs taking 49 seater Sean.

The boyz are back in town.

Encouraging news J, well done :aok:

Irish_Steve
Will it be on the box?

No, I think it`s on the pitch

iwasthere1972
Will it be on the box?

No.

AndyB_70
28-11-2011, 08:30 PM
I'm very excited about Friday night. I'll be in Dubai watching the rugby 7s during the day and hopefully watching the Hibs at night. Perfect day.

down-the-slope
28-11-2011, 08:41 PM
Of course i'm excited....out for Friday curry......:greengrin

Alfred E Newman
28-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Fish supper at Carluke. Cannae wait. :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
28-11-2011, 09:05 PM
I won't be going on Friday but I am personally more excited at the thought of having root canal treatment, than I am about watching this current Hibs side.

Nothing against Pat Fenlon but, having been at McDiarmid Park on Saturday, I would be astonished if we get anything out of the game on Friday night.

lyonhibs
28-11-2011, 09:38 PM
I don't think anyone that attended on Saturday can possibly be excited at the prospect of witnessing more of that shambles!

Geography prevents me from attending many Hibs games, but I wasn't aware things had got that grim.............:no way::sick:

LancashireHibby
28-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Looking forward to going to the game. Not necessarily expecting us to get anything from it, but turning up to games as a Hibs fan is always more in hope than expectation!

hibsbollah
29-11-2011, 09:46 AM
i also forgot to add its only a tenner. Front row seats for the start of a revolution never came so cheap.

brydekirk
29-11-2011, 10:18 AM
i also forgot to add its only a tenner. Front row seats for the start of a revolution never came so cheap. Honestly, only a tenner?

LancashireHibby
29-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Honestly, only a tenner?

Yes and £5 for kids. Was confirmed on the Motherwell site last week and has since been added to the Tickets section of the Hibs site. Would imagine they will just open the upper tier but would be great if we took a big enough following to justify the whole stand being opened.

HH81
29-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Yes and £5 for kids. Was confirmed on the Motherwell site last week and has since been added to the Tickets section of the Hibs site. Would imagine they will just open the upper tier but would be great if we took a big enough following to justify the whole stand being opened.
Are you driving up bud?

hibsforeurope
29-11-2011, 10:41 AM
This will be my 1st league game since the derby farce in May 2010. Hopefully Friday will change something as I have not missed not going since my last game.

C'mon the Cabbage!

LancashireHibby
29-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Are you driving up bud?

Yeah mate but driving back straight after the game as I'm in work at half 9 on Saturday morning.

iwasthere1972
29-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Honestly, only a tenner?

From the Hibs official site

Clydesdale Bank Premier League
Motherwell v Hibernian
Friday 2nd December 2011
Away - Kick Off 7.45pm
Fir Park
Cash gates will be in operation for Hibernian Support
Prices:
Adult: £10.00
Concession: £10.00 (60 & over/Students)
Under 16: £5.00
Disabled Supporters:
Please contact the Disabled Supporters' Helpline directly on 0131 656 7066, or visit the Hibernian Ticket Office/Club Store in person.

Might be having some of that myself. I'm already Sky plussing Emmerdale, Coronation St and Eastenders so nothing to keep me from going. :greengrin

silverhibee
29-11-2011, 01:21 PM
From the Hibs official site

Clydesdale Bank Premier League
Motherwell v Hibernian
Friday 2nd December 2011
Away - Kick Off 7.45pm
Fir Park
Cash gates will be in operation for Hibernian Support
Prices:
Adult: £10.00
Concession: £10.00 (60 & over/Students)
Under 16: £5.00
Disabled Supporters:
Please contact the Disabled Supporters' Helpline directly on 0131 656 7066, or visit the Hibernian Ticket Office/Club Store in person.

Might be having some of that myself. I'm already Sky plussing Emmerdale, Coronation St and Eastenders so nothing to keep me from going. :greengrin

Its a tough one mind you, watching Cain Dingle being murdered or Hibs being murdered on a Friday night. :greengrin

flash
29-11-2011, 01:28 PM
First away game for a while for me and my crew. Not expecting miracles but a bit of fight would be a start.

HH81
29-11-2011, 03:14 PM
Yeah mate but driving back straight after the game as I'm in work at half 9 on Saturday morning.

Good work i don't fancy the drive up on my own.

iwasthere1972
29-11-2011, 03:17 PM
Its a tough one mind you, watching Cain Dingle being murdered or Hibs being murdered on a Friday night. :greengrin

Or Hibs being pumped by Motherwell or Charity Dingle being pumped by........................well anybody in the village.

HibbyRod
29-11-2011, 03:53 PM
I'm defo going.

In Cambuslang all day, so an easy trip to 'Well, and some scran before the match.

Games v Motherwell are usually good, and we have a decent record against them at Fir Park over the last wee while (or, so it seems?). So here's hoping! :thumbsup:

HibsMax
29-11-2011, 05:42 PM

I normally would agree with you, and I say that without actually disagreeing, but if he can come in and instill a different mentality in the players e.g., make them work harder and believe in themselves enough to not let their heads go down, perhaps he can get a result with the same players? If we have, as some people think, a team that is better than the performances would seem to imply then it's just a case of getting them to up their performances. Of course, if we have a shower of wasters and dead weight then it doesn't matter who the manager is or who the coach is, they'll fail as well.

I'm looking forward to hearing about Friday night (not sure if I can see the game over here) and even though I am not expecting miracles that doesn't mean we won't see one. ;)

nortonhibby
29-11-2011, 07:05 PM
Yes, looking forward to see the results of one week with PF. Not expecting miracles but it will be nice to be in at the start of the new era

kind of hopefull but if you gave a master tradesman a bent screwdriver and a wonky saW not much he can do is there RP.