PDA

View Full Version : An Important Day In The History Of Hibernian Football Club.

Dashing Bob S
28-11-2011, 03:06 PM
This is year zero. We've got everything right off the park, now we've made a bold appointment for manager, taking on a successful and committed guy who will do things his way, and with a staff not mired in the stodgy mediocrity of the SPL.

It's now time to reap the benefits of the facilities we have, and attract emerging and one or two established talents to Easter Road.

It's going to be a rough ride over the next 18 months as we are now (finally) addressing a culture of failure, having been going backwards since 2007.

But the good thing is that we will see SUSTAINED IMPROVEMENT and not the usual mumbled excuses for why we're standing still or going backwards.

This is day we start to cash in. GGTTH

tamig
28-11-2011, 03:12 PM
This is year zero. We've got everything right off the park, now we've made a bold appointment for manager, taking on a successful and committed guy who will do things his way, and with a staff not mired in the stodgy mediocrity of the SPL.

It's now time to reap the benefits of the facilities we have, and attract emerging and one or two established talents to Easter Road.

It's going to be a rough ride over the next 18 months as we are now (finally) addressing a culture of failure, having been going backwards since 2007.

But the good thing is that we will see SUSTAINED IMPROVEMENT and not the usual mumbled excuses for why we're standing still or going backwards.

I really hope so Bob, and the coaching changes today are a sure sign that the big broom is being swept. I share your optimism and believe we could be on the cusp of an exciting journey.

darwenhibby
28-11-2011, 03:17 PM
I really hope so Bob, and the coaching changes today are a sure sign that the big broom is being swept. I share your optimism and believe we could be on the cusp of an exciting journey.

Hopefully an exciting journey, not a Great Adventure as in 98/99

Dashing Bob S
28-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Hopefully an exciting journey, not a Great Adventure as in 98/99

I'm a bit bored with exciting journeys and great adventures. I envisage this as more of an exhilarating voyage.

Captain Trips
28-11-2011, 03:24 PM

Good post DBS however this should have been the case on last 2 /3 appointments, I cannot have it as day zero as this regime have IMO had 2 or 3 day zero's already we should not be at another day zero situation yet again it shows massive failure somewhere down line. I wish Pat well.

Dashing Bob S
28-11-2011, 03:33 PM
Good post DBS however this should have been the case on last 2 /3 appointments, I cannot have it as day zero as this regime have IMO had 2 or 3 day zero's already we should not be at another day zero situation yet again it shows massive failure somewhere down line. I wish Pat well.

I think you have to mess a few times before getting it right. Because we came from crappy stands and school playing fields, I think there was a psychological inability to acknowledge exactly what we have. That's why I think a dull SPL 'steady hand' would have been another disastrous holding job. It's time to move forward and I love the way Fenlon is so evidently excited by what he sees here.

Jack Ferrigan
28-11-2011, 03:38 PM
I agree with all you say Bob and would add that now is the time for all Hibs supporters to back the new manager as he picks out whats to stay and what needs moving on from the playing squad.

I look forward to a challenging and exciting future and agree that there are difficult times ahead where the nettle has to be grasped .

Lets give this manager the time and backing to get the job done, lets not expect miracles but a sustained improvement over the next 2 1/2 years.

We're in the mire now but I see light at the end of the tunnel unlike our near neighbours who's plight is dire. GGTH

Captain Trips
28-11-2011, 03:38 PM
I think you have to mess a few times before getting it right. Because we came from crappy stands and school playing fields, I think there was a psychological inability to acknowledge exactly what we have. That's why I think a dull SPL 'steady hand' would have been another disastrous holding job. It's time to move forward and I love the way Fenlon is so evidently excited by what he sees here.

I think thay have had that mess, that mess has seen me you and many spend lots of money on some dreadful times, the next 18mths should never be a rough ride, if the club football business was being run well that 18mth rough ride should have been years ago. I have lost all confidence in this board regardless of how good or bad Pat is. They cant keep getting new starts and still be in jobs yet there managers are sacked.

CentreLine
28-11-2011, 03:41 PM

:agree:Well said that man!

Andy74
28-11-2011, 03:51 PM

Hope so! Has to be our day again sometime soon.

down the slope
28-11-2011, 04:11 PM
Hope you are right, lets see if there is a root and branch clear out of the dead wood at ER, things are/were not right at ER but hopefully the new man can move us upwards and onwards to the land of decent throw ins and well taken corners-well that would do for a start !. I don't know if will see the immediate difference such as Mcinnes has achieved at Bristol but it shows what can be done when the manager has a decent brain on him, fingers crossed.

Captain Trips
28-11-2011, 04:11 PM

Just think the broom has yet again stopped short.

Saorsa
28-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Just think the broom has yet again stopped short.:agree: I'd have been brushing up the way as well as down the way.

Twa Cairpets
28-11-2011, 04:23 PM
I think thay have had that mess, that mess has seen me you and many spend lots of money on some dreadful times, the next 18mths should never be a rough ride, if the club football business was being run well that 18mth rough ride should have been years ago. I have lost all confidence in this board regardless of how good or bad Pat is. They cant keep getting new starts and still be in jobs yet there managers are sacked.

We are where we are.

The bitching about the football side has been addressed in terms of coaching staff. Miracles wont happen overnight, but we should - repeat should - see an upward move now.

The bit in bold is daft. If Fenlon is good then its luck?

Harking about the inadequacies without waiting a decent period of time to see if the fairly radical changes actually work are pointless. If ever theres a time for us all to concentrate on the football side of the club its now

Captain Trips
28-11-2011, 04:34 PM
We are where we are.

The bitching about the football side has been addressed in terms of coaching staff. Miracles wont happen overnight, but we should - repeat should - see an upward move now.

The bit in bold is daft. If Fenlon is good then its luck?

Harking about the inadequacies without waiting a decent period of time to see if the fairly radical changes actually work are pointless. If ever theres a time for us all to concentrate on the football side of the club its now

Fairly radical? every new manager brought in changes, my point of view is that the club has done poorly over last few years through a number of factors, CC was part of problem but for me the board has been also poor and they remain therefore it is far from radical.

We should see an upward move now? but not for last 2/3 managers? what was supposed to happen then? What decent period of time? 5 years since winning cup was not enough time to have had the club sorted? So every time they get it wrong and sack manager they have the time factor reset to zero to judge them?

So at what point do you think wait a minute, if Pat fails is it then just ok lets get in another? for me it has passed that, so it is just the manager who gets a timescale then, the board just keep going and going and have no timescale to try and get it right, for me they do get a timescale and have long since failed on it, what is so radical about us getting in yet another manager with the same bosses?

I would say day zero was cup win as an excellent starting point how we have ended up where we are since then is a disgrace.

I am not convinced Pat is the right road to go down it seems and is my opinion that maybe he could be more easily controlled from upstairs than I would like. Of course if the board keep hiring they will get it right they have had enough shots if Pat is right does well and naturally moves on to better I have no confidence the board have it in them to continue the success, that is why for me the changes are not radical at all its same as before really.

I wish Pat well and truly hope he is strong and right for this job, all the best Sir.

Cropley10
28-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Thankfully Pat has avoided saying 'in the beginning there will be doubters..... etc etc :greengrin:

Eyrie
28-11-2011, 06:43 PM
I am not convinced Pat is the right road to go down it seems and is my opinion that maybe he could be more easily controlled from upstairs than I would like.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but from what I've read about Fenlon he's very much his own man. That will have been made clear at the interview when he checked how much control he would have, and we've seen the first evidence of it already with Evans and Stevenson departing.

Jones28
28-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Well said Bob

We are finally going to start reaping the rewards of continued support (for us that stuck it out anyway :devil:) and a few disappointing seasons. This is no longer a transitional season, hopefully Nutsy will have signings and improvements in mind after watching at the weekend.

Everything is there, a recipe for success :flag:

Captain Trips
28-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but from what I've read about Fenlon he's very much his own man. That will have been made clear at the interview when he checked how much control he would have, and we've seen the first evidence of it already with Evans and Stevenson departing.

I was under impression all our previous managers were there own men.

E10 Rifle
28-11-2011, 09:59 PM

I like the cut of your gib :aok:

Eyrie
28-11-2011, 10:14 PM
I was under impression all our previous managers were there own men.
So from your previous post you're concerned that the board have decided to change tack and bring in someone who will do what he is told?

I think most of us would disagree with that.

Northernhibee
28-11-2011, 10:23 PM
As it's also a year zero, it's time we wiped the slate clean and united as supporters again. Those who claim to speak for the support yet only put forward their own opinion now need to either piss or get off the pot - we've gotten change, which is what we wanted. Whether or not you wanted change at board level, we've still gotten change, and we now need to show a united front, show Fenlon and whoever is in his new team that we back them, and want them to succeed as a Hibs team that tries.

You know something, maybe it's time as Hibees that if we hear anyone in the crowd shouting abuse at youngsters like Spoony, we confront them. **** them, it's time we adopted a "you're with us or against us" mentality - what we need right now is to turn Easter Road into a fortress, and if the boo boys want to jeapordise that, **** them, we can do without them and are better off without.

:pfgwa

GGTTH

Captain Trips
28-11-2011, 10:42 PM
So from your previous post you're concerned that the board have decided to change tack and bring in someone who will do what he is told?

I think most of us would disagree with that.

No all were own men as is Pat, it is how much his own man a manger can be, regardless the proof that the board are not doing well enough is in the standings over past 5 years, so what is so different now?

hibs0666
28-11-2011, 11:07 PM
No all were own men as is Pat, it is how much his own man a manger can be, regardless the proof that the board are not doing well enough is in the standings over past 5 years, so what is so different now?

We hear you. Now, are you or are you not going to support the club in its hour of need?

Iain G
28-11-2011, 11:10 PM
having been going backwards since 2007.

So it all went downhill when I left the country then... :greengrin:wink:

steakbake
28-11-2011, 11:22 PM
As it's also a year zero, it's time we wiped the slate clean and united as supporters again. Those who claim to speak for the support yet only put forward their own opinion now need to either piss or get off the pot - we've gotten change, which is what we wanted. Whether or not you wanted change at board level, we've still gotten change, and we now need to show a united front, show Fenlon and whoever is in his new team that we back them, and want them to succeed as a Hibs team that tries.

You know something, maybe it's time as Hibees that if we hear anyone in the crowd shouting abuse at youngsters like Spoony, we confront them. **** them, it's time we adopted a "you're with us or against us" mentality - what we need right now is to turn Easter Road into a fortress, and if the boo boys want to jeapordise that, **** them, we can do without them and are better off without.

GGTTH

Good call. Time to get behind this team and give the new man our total support. Long way to go in the season.

Captain Trips
28-11-2011, 11:29 PM
We hear you. Now, are you or are you not going to support the club in its hour of need?

Hour of need? dont be ridiculous, it has been in need of support for months if not years, if it is in an hour of need then my views are justified as it must be in some state to be that low for you to think it is in an hour of need, how are we in an hour of need then in your opinion? and if it is that bad is it not normal to voice concerns. Hibs will get my support but I wont be blowing smoke up anyones arse, I say how I feel.

The club has had about 20 hours of need in last 12mths alone has it not, I will be there, its the ones who feel same but stay silent you should worry about at least I can be arsed enough to moan.

Dashing Bob S
28-11-2011, 11:51 PM
So it all went downhill when I left the country then... :greengrin:wink:

...and when I came back.

Peevemor
29-11-2011, 12:46 AM
Hour of need? dont be ridiculous, it has been in need of support for months if not years, if it is in an hour of need then my views are justified as it must be in some state to be that low for you to think it is in an hour of need, how are we in an hour of need then in your opinion? and if it is that bad is it not normal to voice concerns. Hibs will get my support but I wont be blowing smoke up anyones arse, I say how I feel.

The club has had about 20 hours of need in last 12mths alone has it not, I will be there, its the ones who feel same but stay silent you should worry about at least I can be arsed enough to moan.

The problem is that you moan at every opportunity. This was started as a positive thread after what looks to be some positive action by the board, but all you can do is jump in and start on (yet again) about how they should be sacked. That's your perogative of course. However, the problem is that apart from sacking everybody, you propose no solution how things can be moved forward.

Could you maybe do us a favour and give it a rest for a bit, please?

Captain Trips
29-11-2011, 02:14 AM
The problem is that you moan at every opportunity. This was started as a positive thread after what looks to be some positive action by the board, but all you can do is jump in and start on (yet again) about how they should be sacked. That's your perogative of course. However, the problem is that apart from sacking everybody, you propose no solution how things can be moved forward.

Could you maybe do us a favour and give it a rest for a bit, please?

No, as that defeats the very point in this message board so no I wont give it a rest, every new manager was a positive action by the board so we have had this positive act how many times now? I do not need to propose anything to think the board are no good.

Unfortunatly Peev you do not dictate on when I post and on what subjects, 100% feel free to rip my content to bits as I will with things I dont agree with but I think basically asking somebody not to post views you disagree with is a bit of a joke.

So I assume Peev you have never stated a positive on a thread started in a negative manner? I assume thats fine though? I know I have posted positives on mainly negative started threads and negative deemed views on what might be seen as positive threads, its a messageboard Peev with different views try to always remember that before aking folk to give it a rest.

Peevemor
29-11-2011, 06:03 AM
No, as that defeats the very point in this message board so no I wont give it a rest, every new manager was a positive action by the board so we have had this positive act how many times now? I do not need to propose anything to think the board are no good.

Unfortunatly Peev you do not dictate on when I post and on what subjects, 100% feel free to rip my content to bits as I will with things I dont agree with but I think basically asking somebody not to post views you disagree with is a bit of a joke.

So I assume Peev you have never stated a positive on a thread started in a negative manner? I assume thats fine though? I know I have posted positives on mainly negative started threads and negative deemed views on what might be seen as positive threads, its a messageboard Peev with different views try to always remember that before aking folk to give it a rest.

So "the very point in this message board" is to moan about the same thing over and over again? Of course everybody has the right to post their opinion, it'd be boring otherwise, but not nearly as boring as those that feel the need to have a pop at RP & co. at every opportunity.

The Falcon
29-11-2011, 06:06 AM
I am not convinced Pat is the right road to go down it seems and is my opinion that maybe he could be more easily controlled from upstairs than I would like. Of course if the board keep hiring they will get it right they have had enough shots if Pat is right does well and naturally moves on to better I have no confidence the board have it in them to continue the success, that is why for me the changes are not radical at all its same as before really.

Totally contrary to what the Bohs guys say but hey, why let that get in the way. :yawn:

Captain Trips
29-11-2011, 06:16 AM
So "the very point in this message board" is to moan about the same thing over and over again? Of course everybody has the right to post their opinion, it'd be boring otherwise, but not nearly as boring as those that feel the need to have a pop at RP & co. at every opportunity.

Thats fine Peevmore you are entitled to think boring, wether you find boring or not that is point of the board to discuss, but it appears ok for you to have pop at posters I will use your term "at every opportunity" that have a go at board. I kept hearing the same stuff over and over again about how we will do well over last 2/3 years I dont find it boring I take issue disagreed and discuss.

Captain Trips
29-11-2011, 06:17 AM
Totally contrary to what the Bohs guys say but hey, why let that get in the way. :yawn:

Hence term could not will so we will all wait and see, lets run back all the stuff every new manager says and his ex employees say on new appointment and what actually occurs.

I have concerns not one person on here can know how will go so all views are valid wether positive or not so, we are all 100% in the hope camp, and I hope he does well.

The Falcon
29-11-2011, 06:21 AM
Hence term could not will.

So basically however it pans out you have it covered and can claim that you were right all along?

Captain Trips
29-11-2011, 06:27 AM
So basically however it pans out you have it covered and can claim that you were right all along?

How can I do that exactly? is it not perfactly acceptable to be unsure in the manager and how will work with board and state that and have doubts based on the failures over past years?

No we are all to just move on and blow smoke up all our ***** then, no worries then as we changed manager because things were going so well our 2nd manager in a row got headhunted and the new manager is in to consolidate all the fantastic work done up to now, not a worry in the world then.

The important day is when the club is rid of all the major factors on us having yet another day zero after another day zero after another.

The Falcon
29-11-2011, 07:35 AM
The important day is when the club is rid of all the major factors on us having yet another day zero after another day zero after another.

Crack on :aok:

bawheid
29-11-2011, 07:45 AM

I've read this four times now and still can't decide if it's in English or not.

Something about different views, I think.

But the problem here is that you type the same view... again and again and again and again. I'm in the give-it-a-rest camp as well.

Can you at least wait until his first couple of games before you decide he's no use?

Captain Trips
29-11-2011, 08:04 AM
I've read this four times now and still can't decide if it's in English or not.

Something about different views, I think.

But the problem here is that you type the same view... again and again and again and again. I'm in the give-it-a-rest camp as well.

Can you at least wait until his first couple of games before you decide he's no use?

It is in English and I havent decided he is no use and at no point did I ever state that he was, I type the same view on these threads big deal! I responded to this thread and on another one as I disagreed.

So I have to give it a rest but you pose a question at end.

hibs0666
29-11-2011, 08:08 AM
It is in English and I havent decided he is no use and at no point did I ever state that he was, I type the same view on these threads big deal! I responded to this thread and on another one as I disagreed.

Unfortunately negativity like yours becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

heretoday
29-11-2011, 08:15 AM
Talking to Hearts friend at party. They're worried. They'd have preferred a boring Billy Brown or Jimmy Calderwood appointment so they can keep on turning us over ad infinitum.

So that's nice.

I'm going to avoid reading the E.News back pages in the weeks to come so Fenlon can remain a fresh face and isn't tarnished by the usual bland hackwork.

Captain Trips
29-11-2011, 08:32 AM
Unfortunately negativity like yours becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

Really?

Jim44
29-11-2011, 08:32 AM

Here's hoping it's not a frigging mystery tour or a wild goose chase.:greengrin

jacomo
29-11-2011, 09:25 AM
Thankfully Pat has avoided saying 'in the beginning there will be doubters..... etc etc :greengrin:

To be fair to CC, I doubted whether he was the right appointment for Hibs, and now I am sure he wasn't!

jacomo
29-11-2011, 09:26 AM
Talking to Hearts friend at party. They're worried. They'd have preferred a boring Billy Brown or Jimmy Calderwood appointment so they can keep on turning us over ad infinitum.

So that's nice.

I'm going to avoid reading the E.News back pages in the weeks to come so Fenlon can remain a fresh face and isn't tarnished by the usual bland hackwork.

They should be more worried about whether they are still a going concern in 12 months time.