PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v Hearts tickets - Hibs selling direct (merged)

PaulSmith
28-11-2011, 12:11 PM
As it says in the title, Hibs confirm that they will sell tickets direct to Hearts fans.

Feel free to speculate reasons why....

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20111128/derby-tickets-away-end_2262950_2530464

Andy74
28-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Because the hobo peg sellers are desperate for the cash obviously.

Mary Hinge
28-11-2011, 01:09 PM
As it says in the title, Hibs confirm that they will sell tickets direct to Hearts fans.

Probably because we've more chance of getting money from the manky mob's fans than we have from the owner :agree:

RiseAbove
28-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Probably because we've more chance of getting money from the manky mob's fans than we have from the owner :agree:

Another sensible decision by the Board, i'm surprised that more companies have not been taking Hearts to court for money they are owed, there must be a lot of worried business owners out there.

Pretty Boy
28-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Because the hobo peg sellers are desperate for the cash obviously.

There was actually something quite similar posted on kickback last week

Apparently we are more likely to go bust than them!!

EskbankHibby
28-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Will be a great excuse for a "boycott" as a way of justifying their inability to sell their full allocation as usual.

Cabbage East
28-11-2011, 01:31 PM
All tickets will be posted by Special Delivery. There will be no collections from Hibernian Football Club.

I love how we've made it clear we don't want the mutants anywhere near the ground apart from match days.

GIRFUY

Andy74
28-11-2011, 01:33 PM
There was actually something quite similar posted on kickback last week

Apparently we are more likely to go bust than them!!

There's a shock!

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-11-2011, 02:03 PM
Wtf is that all about?

LancashireHibby
28-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Wtf is that all about?

It's something that already happens with the Old Firm games because of the arguements the other year about Rantic wanting to keep x% of their ticket sales for when they play away from home, so it's a precedent the club have used to their advantage to make sure they aren't left waiting for months for HMFC to get a cheque together for their side of the ticket sales for the derby. Well done the board, I say :aok:

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-11-2011, 02:34 PM
It's something that already happens with the Old Firm games because of the arguements the other year about Rantic wanting to keep x% of their ticket sales for when they play away from home, so it's a precedent the club have used to their advantage to make sure they aren't left waiting for months for HMFC to get a cheque together for their side of the ticket sales for the derby. Well done the board, I say :aok: I was referring to einstein post which has since been deleted by the admins.

HibbyAndy
28-11-2011, 02:35 PM
When is the tickets for the Hibs end oan sale, Anyone ken?

Barney McGrew
28-11-2011, 02:39 PM
When is the tickets for the Hibs end oan sale, Anyone ken?

IIRC, you can buy tickets for any Hibs home game for the rest of the season now.

HibbyAndy
28-11-2011, 02:40 PM
IIRC, you can buy tickets for any Hibs home game for the rest of the season now.

:aok:

LancashireHibby
28-11-2011, 02:40 PM
I was referring to einstein post which has since been deleted by the admins.

Ah, apologies for that one Hutchy.

bruno
28-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Will be a great excuse for a "boycott" as a way of justifying their inability to sell their full allocation as usual.

While I don’t blame Hibs for taking this course of action there are certain areas I’m not too enamoured by and which may mean less than a sell out.

I will have to pay a £6 special delivery fee and this on top of an expensive ticket will undoubtedly put some people off.

We also have to fill in a downloaded application with all personal details(proving loyalty points etc) plus card details and 3 digit security code. Then post the application off.None too comfortable about this and may also put people off.

If allowed I would happily take a trip to Easter Road ticket Office or pay direct into a secure website.

I and my son will still go as it is without doubt my favourite game of the season but in a time when getting people to go to the games is hard enough these obstacles will undoubtedly put people off.

Initially it is my team’s owners at fault for failing to give Hibs assurances the ticket money will be paid in the timescale but it is the supporters who will suffer due to a fairly ill thought out ordering system

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-11-2011, 02:55 PM
Ah, apologies for that one Hutchy. Nae problem!

Saorsa
28-11-2011, 02:59 PM
While I don’t blame Hibs for taking this course of action there are certain areas I’m not too enamoured by and which may mean less than a sell out.

I will have to pay a £6 special delivery fee and this on top of an expensive ticket will undoubtedly put some people off.

We also have to fill in a downloaded application with all personal details(proving loyalty points etc) plus card details and 3 digit security code. Then post the application off.None too comfortable about this and may also put people off.

If allowed I would happily take a trip to Easter Road ticket Office or pay direct into a secure website.

I and my son will still go as it is without doubt my favourite game of the season but in a time when getting people to go to the games is hard enough these obstacles will undoubtedly put people off.

Initially it is my team’s owners at fault for failing to give Hibs assurances the ticket money will be paid in the timescale but it is the supporters who will suffer due to a fairly ill thought out ordering systemNah,it's ALL his fault, simple as that, so tough titty

1two
28-11-2011, 03:00 PM
They're getting charged £6 for delivery and getting no choice in the matter.

So 2 adult tickets for them will cost £62!!!

Haha

HibbyAndy
28-11-2011, 03:02 PM

Initially it is my team’s owners at fault for failing to give Hibs assurances the ticket money will be paid in the timescale but it is the supporters who will suffer due to a fairly ill thought out ordering system

There will be many a hearts fan greeting about said scenario.

But the problem lyes solely at the hands of your owner, Therefore its Hearts fault not Hibs.

HibbyAndy
28-11-2011, 03:05 PM

Haha

If it was upto me id charge the ******s triple for special delivery!!!!.

They sure are special awrite, No right in the heid the lot of them .

At The Edge
28-11-2011, 03:06 PM
Bruno, i hear that Celtic have done the same with your tickets for Darkhead, is it the same sort of deal? i.e all details to be sent to Celtic etc etc and a hefty postage charge on top?

Will Hearts be doing the same for future Cat A games at Tynecastle?

bruno
28-11-2011, 03:10 PM
There will be many a hearts fan greeting about said scenario.

But the problem lyes solely at the hands of your owner, Therefore its Hearts fault not Hibs.

I'm not denying it's Hearts fault and the reason for Hibs selling tickets direct is understandable I just think that it could have been done in a more secure way at least offering fans the opportunity to buy tickets in person at your ticket office.

My son is 13 and hasn't missed a derby at Easter Road since he was 6 so he's not going to miss this one.

As I am on Hibs database I could easily buy one for lot less money and a lot easier and safer method and that is the point. Why make it more difficult and costlier.

LancashireHibby
28-11-2011, 03:14 PM

That's the one worry I've got about this scenario that it may become a tit-for-tat situation. Hearts being the tits of that scenario, of course.

Saorsa
28-11-2011, 03:19 PM
That's the one worry I've got about this scenario that it may become a tit-for-tat situation. Hearts being the tits of that scenario, of course.Maybe they'd be less inclined tae put folk off going as they need tae scrape together enough tae pay their players wages. Personally for me they can dae what the like, they dinnae get money from me anyway as I dinnae go tae that *****hole.

1two
28-11-2011, 03:21 PM
From kickback

I've got over 130 points but if those tossers think I'm lining their pockets by paying £34 for a ticket they they can ram it! Hibs are so desperate for cash they've now decided to rip off Hearts fans by selling direct, citing the excuse that they might not get paid if we sell them to our own fans, they're pathetic!

Is this boy for real?
Hahahaha

Golden Bear
28-11-2011, 03:22 PM
£6 "admin" or whatever type of additional charge it actually is does seem a bit excessive. It's bad enough when you're charged a booking fee of £1.50 then an additional £1 for postage.

While agreeing with the thinking behind the policy, I've a feeling it could result in a sizeable drop in revenue from the hawrts support.

JoJo_07
28-11-2011, 03:23 PM

Haha

I think the £6 is a flat fee (not per ticket) so at least some kind of recompense (if buying more than one ticket). For the record if WE (as home fans) were buying tickets online we would get charged £1.50 per ticket admin. fee plus the special delivery charge BUT we do have a chance to buy at face value. I think Ticketmaster AND Royal Mail will be the ones making the money here certainly not Hibs. I'd be p'd off if we had to do this for Tynie.

Saorsa
28-11-2011, 03:25 PM
From kickback

johnmitchell
I've got over 130 points but if those tossers think I'm lining their pockets by paying £34 for a ticket they they can ram it! Hibs are so desperate for cash they've now decided to rip off Hearts fans by selling direct, citing the excuse that they might not get paid if we sell them to our own fans, they're pathetic!
guess we'll no see you there then :bye:

Peevemor
28-11-2011, 03:30 PM
That's the one worry I've got about this scenario that it may become a tit-for-tat situation. Hearts being the tits of that scenario, of course.

I doubt they will.

If there are say 1000 less yams at ER than normal Hibs will be £26k worse off, but it's stll better than being bumped for £100k+.

Heats don't run the same risk with Hibs, and they certainly can't afford to lose £25k or so in lost sales that would probably result.

Dashing Bob S
28-11-2011, 03:30 PM

Hibs aren't doing this to make any point, they've refrained from making snooty comments to the media. The fact is that they are a well-run business who have no confidence that Hearts will be able to pay them the money, (and Hearts , to be fair, have been unable to guarantee this) and, in light of recent events, have taken the appropriate action.

I agree that Hibs should make it easier and less costly for Hearts fans to obtain their tickets, but you reap what you sow, and the supporters of Hearts are now paying the price for their meek collusion in the gross mismanagement of their club. There will be more, much more, of the same ahead until they wake up from their long dream of sustained mediocrity and start to put their house in order.

Saorsa
28-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Solution, Vlad gives Hibs the total value of all the tickets up front ( I know :hilarious ) then they can have the tickets tae sell. Hibs return monies left over from returned unsold tickets. :agree:

oh wait a minute there's a problem with that, can anybody spot it? :greengrin

johnrebus
28-11-2011, 03:41 PM

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20111128/derby-tickets-away-end_2262950_2530464

Rest assured that in the unlikely event that Hearts still exist for the next Tynecastle derby, they will probably do the same to us.

Its what classless, deluded, corruption ridden, big teams do.

:protest:

Juice-Terry
28-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Although I'm no fan of anything even remotely maroon tinted, it does seem excessive to charge £6 on top of face value (even if it's not per ticket). Why can't Hibs set up some temporary thingy behind the south stand where Hertz supporters can collect their tickets on the day? It would be a shame if Hibs were to lose out on cash because of (perceived) excessive ticket prices (EVEN IF it's their own fault). Besides, we want to pump them in front of a full south stand, no?

'Mon the Cabbage!

Dashing Bob S
28-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Although I'm no fan of anything even remotely maroon tinted, it does seem excessive to charge £6 on top of face value (even if it's not per ticket). Why can't Hibs set up some temporary thingy behind the south stand where Hertz supporters can collect their tickets on the day? It would be a shame if Hibs were to lose out on cash because of (perceived) excessive ticket prices (EVEN IF it's their own fault). Besides, we want to pump them in front of a full south stand, no?

'Mon the Cabbage!

I think we're still experimenting with the price of away tickets to Hearts fans, and I'd expect them to go up further, given how they can burrow money easily and only owe it to themselves. We'd be crazy not to take advantage of such a cash cow.

LancashireHibby
28-11-2011, 03:54 PM
I doubt they will.

If there are say 1000 less yams at ER than normal Hibs will be £26k worse off, but it's stll better than being bumped for £100k+.

Heats don't run the same risk with Hibs, and they certainly can't afford to lose £25k or so in lost sales that would probably result.

Fair point.

As an aside, just double checked my E-Ticketing account and I paid £9 in charges (£1.50 per ticket and £6 Special Delivery) so it cost my mate and I £33.50 to go to that ****hole, so that makes it look far better value for that manky lot for their annual visit to civilisation.

HibbyAndy
28-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Solution, Vlad gives Hibs the total value of all the tickets up front ( I know :hilarious ) then they can have the tickets tae sell. Hibs return monies left over from returned unsold tickets. :agree:

oh wait a minute there's a problem with that, can anybody spot it? :greengrin

:hilarious

Aye, Barry.:greengrin

bruno
28-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Fair point.

As an aside, just double checked my E-Ticketing account and I paid £9 in charges (£1.50 per ticket and £6 Special Delivery) so it cost my mate and I £33.50 to go to that ****hole, so that makes it look far better value for that manky lot for their annual visit to civilisation.

That's the difference I suppose. Youa re more used to the charge

For any away ticket I never get charged an admin or a delivery fee. I pick them up at the ticket office. Any extra ones I require for Tynecastle I simply print out the e mail with the barcode on it, again no admin charge

I guess once a season isn't so bad but I genuinely believe many will simply not bother with the hassle and for that it is a shame.

Very few games I attend have any atmosphere so this is one I look forward to.

Dashing Bob S
28-11-2011, 04:08 PM

For any away ticket I never get charged an admin or a delivery fee. I pick them up at the ticket office. Any extra ones I require for Tynecastle I simply print out the e mail with the barcode on it, again no admin charge

I guess once a season isn't so bad but I genuinely believe many will simply not bother with the hassle and for that it is a shame.

With such a massive fan base it's inconceivable that Hearts won't sell out their allocation on a New Year derby.

bruno
28-11-2011, 04:42 PM
Bruno, i hear that Celtic have done the same with your tickets for Darkhead, is it the same sort of deal? i.e all details to be sent to Celtic etc etc and a hefty postage charge on top?

Just the booking fee of 1.50 the 5.20 special delivery charge is optional.

We only take about 600-800 to Celtic so I am surprised if they are doing this for financial reasons.

It may be the way they are going. I don't think Hearts will be reciprocating but who knows.

1two
28-11-2011, 05:19 PM
I'm one of petries harshest critics at times but he's played this one well.
We all know the real reason is due to money, yet instead of any GIRFUY comment, we've explained its a new selling procedure for cat A games. Telling the truth would lack class in this case.
The best bit is, they know the true reason for it too!

ronaldo7
28-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Just the booking fee of 1.50 the 5.20 special delivery charge is optional.
We only take about 600-800 to Celtic so I am surprised if they are doing this for financial reasons.

It may be the way they are going. I don't think Hearts will be reciprocating but who knows.

Does this mean you have to pick your tickets up at the Celtc ticket office with the full Marone regalia on?

Westie1875
28-11-2011, 06:26 PM

Well you know who to blame, and it ain't Hibs.

There is no way Hibs want thousands of Hearts fans landing up at Easter Road in the coming weeks to purchase and/or collect tickets. Can you imagine Celtc fans popping along to the Ibrox ticket office or vice versa? No chance.

If you're looking for someone to blame then look at your own club, Hibs won't have taken this decision lightly, they obviously feel there is a very real chance they won't see the cash is Hearts sell the tickets and have acted accordingly. I'm sure Hibs will have consulted Hearts and looked at other options before going down this route, it is clear that your club hasn't been able to provide a guarantee that they will pass the money on in a timely manner.

WindyMiller
28-11-2011, 06:32 PM

Just scan & E-mail it. :doh:

tamig
28-11-2011, 07:30 PM
an erse on Real Radio just now hinting at the reason being Hibs maybe in financial trouble! Also says, just because they don't pay their players, we shouldn't be punishing their fans.

It's not so much that Hertz don't pay their players - they don't pay anybody. Unbelievable really.

clerriehibs
28-11-2011, 07:34 PM
I'm not denying it's Hearts fault and the reason for Hibs selling tickets direct is understandable I just think that it could have been done in a more secure way at least offering fans the opportunity to buy tickets in person at your ticket office.

My son is 13 and hasn't missed a derby at Easter Road since he was 6 so he's not going to miss this one.

As I am on Hibs database I could easily buy one for lot less money and a lot easier and safer method and that is the point. Why make it more difficult and costlier.

Instead of ultimately pointless whinging on here, why don't you start a campaign for YOUR team to purchase (i.e. pay up front for) all the away end tickets, on a sale or return basis?

Then everyone's happy.

Peevemor
28-11-2011, 07:51 PM
Instead of ultimately pointless whinging on here, why don't you start a campaign for YOUR team to purchase (i.e. pay up front for) all the away end tickets, on a sale or return basis?

Then everyone's happy.

:agree:

Barney McGrew
28-11-2011, 07:53 PM
an erse on Real Radio just now hinting at the reason being Hibs maybe in financial trouble! Also says, just because they don't pay their players, we shouldn't be punishing their fans.

It's not so much that Hertz don't pay their players - they don't pay anybody. Unbelievable really.

How are we 'punishing' their fans exactly? They can still buy tickets, it's not as if we're stopping them getting to the game.

They're the ones that fleeced us for £33 for a derby. They've got short memories.

poolman
28-11-2011, 08:04 PM
How are we 'punishing' their fans exactly? They can still buy tickets, it's not as if we're stopping them getting to the game.

They're the ones that fleeced us for £33 for a derby. They've got short memories.

:agree: Short memories and long on delusion

I would love Hibs to have let the Yams get their tickets from their own club and when Mad Vlad couldn't pay the the gate money he was due to Hibs the Tache would then take them to court for all money due plus interest :greengrin

marinello59
28-11-2011, 08:08 PM

'Mon the Cabbage!

Why should we go to any extra expense for them? Stuff 'em, the blame lies with their shambles of a club. I have had to pay Special delivery charges for my Derby tickets at Tynie in the past, it makes it a bit more bearable now knowing they are so hacked off about it.

Scouse Hibee
28-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Come on Hibs this system of selling away tickets is totally unfair IMO and is surely an impossible system for genuine Jambo's to participate in!

1. Download a form? Have you seen the **** pads in Gorgie? How many of the devious lowlife knuckle dragging cretins who frequent the PBS are likely to have a PC!
2. Complete the form? FFS the only form the majority of those lowlife have the ability to complete is the one they sign on a fortnightly basis at the brew or scrawling their names on the back of their methadone scrips.

Show some compassion Hibs, at least make the forms available at branches of Lloyds Chemist, Boots Chemist and the local DHSS. You could also waive the delivery charge by allowing them to collect the tickets from branches of lidl/farmfoods/barnadoes/post office at least then you guarantee that 100% every jambo will be able to collect their tickets as part of their normal weekly routine.

PS Not my real opinion of Jambos, lots of them are less fortunate than the ones I have mentioned! (Not you Bruno)

down-the-slope
28-11-2011, 08:45 PM

Bit in bold is a shocker...not too sure the card issuers would be happy with this.

Surely ticket master could have done all the admin stuff...though that was the reason for their reasonable :rolleyes: charges

Good post Bruno.....Fans all too often get little consideration. We also still have the nonsense of tourists who would love to goto a match like this not being allowed and it won't be a sell out......

Saorsa
28-11-2011, 11:32 PM
Absolutely the correct decision by Hibs here. :agree:

That fact that it has really pissed off the manky maroon hordes is just an added bonus :thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
29-11-2011, 12:05 AM

For this reason only I am right behind Hibs with this one.

I went that night and paid my £33 but can't for the life of me remember why Hearts hiked up the price. Anyway we won so it was worth paying.

SteveHFC
29-11-2011, 12:07 AM
We should be charging them £50 each for a ticket :wink:

SteveHFC
29-11-2011, 12:09 AM
From kickback

[quote name='johnmitchell']

Get it up yea :faf:

Kammy1875
29-11-2011, 12:10 AM

I went that night and paid my £33 but can't for the life of me remember why Hearts hiked up the price. Anyway we won so it was worth paying.

Im sure it was £35 for a match just after Vlad had came to town, they justified it saying it was the same price in the opposite stand - which was full of season ticket holders. :rolleyes:

Any official reason from either club why this is happening? It seems to have been a joint decision of some sort as the same message is on both websites, I would have expected Hearts to say this was all Hibernian's doing?

Saorsa
29-11-2011, 12:10 AM

I went that night and paid my £33 but can't for the life of me remember why Hearts hiked up the price. Anyway we won so it was worth paying.For nae other reason than tae fleece Hibs fans. Hibs have taken this stance with very good reason and it is absolutely justifiable IMO.

Jones28
29-11-2011, 12:19 AM

I doubt that very much, the s*um need every penny they can get so will want to make it as easy as possible to get to games

Hibby cal
29-11-2011, 04:18 AM
Didn't take them long but they're off again
Already complaining about the newyears day
Tickets on national radio. We have never not
Paid up in the past they say and feel old Rod
Is trying to stick one over on them. These are
Changed days tho and they may as well get use
To it. They sounded just like calemmelo"
It's an injustice-it's an injustice

:na na:

Matty_Jack04
29-11-2011, 06:40 AM
Got a text from a mate last night telling me it's costing £34 for a ticket for the yam end (£6 delivery charge) that has to be wrong right, can't see anyone paying that even that lot aren't that stupid

brydekirk
29-11-2011, 07:04 AM
£6 does seem a bit steep but hearts have brought this on thier own fans, its not oor fault.

Beefster
29-11-2011, 07:19 AM
It's £6 per delivery so it could be for multiple tickets.

Shaggy
29-11-2011, 07:20 AM
Remember they tried £33 for just a ticket a few years ago......... because of the qualitythey had on show, ha ha:aok:

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-11-2011, 07:25 AM
£6 just for the right to get a ticket is a disgrace. Mind you, HOMFC have made people wary of getting their due money. We could have said to them to pay for the tickets in advance, sell them from Tynie and the send back any unsold seats for reimbursement.

cocopops1875
29-11-2011, 07:37 AM
As much as I dislike them this will become tit for tat so we the fans will lose too

Hainan Hibs
29-11-2011, 07:41 AM
Tremendous by Petrie:thumbsup:

Make them buy the tickets from us, and charge them £6 for the privilege.

Bravo:clapper:Bravo:clapper:

I'm_cabbaged
29-11-2011, 07:50 AM
Advertise it as probably the last ever Derby, that should sell the tickets. ;)

lucky
29-11-2011, 08:11 AM
If its £6 delivery then that's ****ING disgrace. It just ripping of fans even if they are yams. Very poor show from hibs

francobaresi
29-11-2011, 08:17 AM
Question is, if it were the other way around would you be paying those charges to see Hibs playing at Tynie? Bloody sure I wouldn't... It should be about bums on seats regardless of orientation of support, deluded Jamboids or not, it is business for Hibernian FC...

Still, Merry Christmas to all our friends over at Tynie:greengrin

Barney McGrew
29-11-2011, 08:18 AM
If its £6 delivery then that's ****ING disgrace. It just ripping of fans even if they are yams. Very poor show from hibs

It's £6 per application because they're sent out Special Delivery, IIRC it's the same charge for us if we buy via the Ticket Office and want it done that way. If they send six applications in at once, then it's only a quid each which isn't too steep at all in this day and age.

So the only people that would pay £34 is lone yambo with nae mates buying one ticket, and I'll bet there won't be many of them. Whereas they charged us £33 a ticket before any fees when we went to Tynie and they just laughed.

Like I said before, short memories from the Gorgoyles.

Kammy1875
29-11-2011, 08:28 AM
Question is, if it were the other way around would you be paying those charges to see Hibs playing at Tynie? Bloody sure I wouldn't... It should be about bums on seats regardless of orientation of support, deluded Jamboids or not, it is business for Hibernian FC...

Still, Merry Christmas to all our friends over at Tynie:greengrin

No, Hibernian are not making money from the 6 quid delivery fee. It's the standard price set by the royal mail.

Steve-O
29-11-2011, 08:31 AM
Not sure why they can't just be sent recorded delivery really. Does sound like the usual complicated Hibs way of doing things and will just lead to us losing money as they won't sell all their tickets, and then vice-versa when we go to Tynecastle.

Don't disagree with the reasoning for it, but the method is pretty piss.

Kammy1875
29-11-2011, 08:34 AM
Not sure why they can't just be sent recorded delivery really. Does sound like the usual complicated Hibs way of doing things and will just lead to us losing money as they won't sell all their tickets, and then vice-versa when we go to Tynecastle.

It could be the agreement or compromise the club made with hearts to ensure they all got tickets in the Christmas post for all we know.

It was a joint statement, no complaint from the hearts football club so it's obviously been widely discussed.

Beefster
29-11-2011, 09:15 AM

It'll be to do with compensation. I'm fairly sure Recorded Delivery wouldn't cover the price of multiple tickets being lost. Special Delivery presumably does.

Cabbage East
29-11-2011, 09:24 AM
I remember paying £33 for a ticket at the PBS a couple of years ago. Also, £6 for a delivery of multiple tickets isn't too bad. At the end of the day, they have caused this situation by being completely uncreditworthy.

soupy
29-11-2011, 09:45 AM
It's just the same when buying a ticket for Scotland matches, no big dramas, although they can choose to get it delivered for £1.20, standard post....

bruno
29-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Have to say apologies if I came across as whinging to some posters my real complaint was the unsecured way we were being asked to put details down. No one likes the £6 charge but as a one off I can live with it.

Would just like to say well done to the Hibs ticket office with their quick and helpful replies.

I did ask if it possible to order tickets in store rather than post form with all details and was pleased with the response below.

We will certainly be taking up this option and look forward to the match in the New Year

Response from Hibs

You can hand the application form with your card details included into our Clubstore but tickets will not be processed at this time. All application form will be shredded once they are processed

DC_Hibs
29-11-2011, 11:11 AM
I'd like to think that this is a ploy by Hibs to hand over the personal details of all applicants to the authorities to be placed on "the register".

If this was done with the likes of Rix, Thomson, Airdrie Jambo, Alan Lithgow etc etc think of the sex offending that could have been avoided.

Well done Rodders, you think of everything.

Hibercelona
29-11-2011, 11:12 AM
Surely they could all work together on this one and get 400,000 tickets sent to one address in one big envelope.... that way, each of them would only have a fraction of a penny to pay on the £6 charge.

bruno
29-11-2011, 11:18 AM
Surely they could all work together on this one and get 400,000 tickets sent to one address in one big envelope.... that way, each of them would only have a fraction of a penny to pay on the £6 charge.

Now there's a great idea
But there only 10 000 empty seats at your stadium so what will other 390 000 do:rolleyes:

Cabbage East
29-11-2011, 11:21 AM
Now there's a great idea
But there only 10 000 empty seats at your stadium so what will other 390 000 do:rolleyes:

Carry out sex offences?

Hibercelona
29-11-2011, 11:24 AM
Now there's a great idea

The usual.... whinge, complain, spit the dummy out and blame the mafia for there not being more seats. :wink:

CentreLine
29-11-2011, 11:49 AM
It looks very much to me like this will not help the hahahahearts cash flow.

Assuming they sold all 3.5k tickets available to them at £28 a ticket plus £1.50 handling charge then that would be £103,250 that they expected to have shipped back to Lithuania to spread around the hungry mouths of various companies there.

In the world of counting chickens, which it is likely they will have done in advance, I am wondering how many chicks that paricular food parcel was intended to feed. But instead one more chick will come home to roost. This could well explain why they have parted company with their finance man. After all, with celtic also selling direct, the likelihood is others will follow suit and he would have very little to exercise his pencil on these days.

Now I personally do not want to see hahahahearts go down the tubes but they have brought this particular situation upon themselves and I cannot see any club risking ticket monies being kept in their care. Sad but it has to be another nail in the coffin.

Would the last one out please turn out the lights :lurksub:

Aldo
29-11-2011, 12:07 PM
At the end of the day they have got themselves into this mess and the club are doing the right thing... They cannot guarantee paying for a cup of tea let along 3000 odd tickets.

They are rooked and are in the process of imploding.

Well done Rodders! ;)

Gatecrasher
29-11-2011, 12:10 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/european/hearts_fans_plan_to_boycott_games_at_hibs_and_celt ic_over_ticket_prices_1_1988226

:dummytit:

Greentinted
29-11-2011, 12:12 PM
They really don't get it. There's no hike in ticket prices. Their catastrophe of a football club can't guarantee the funds taken from the sale of derby tickets will be returned to Hibernian (which is tacitly admitting they will steal the dough to service their own rather substantial and ever-increasing debts). And the add-ons are chiefly fees incurred to the Royal Mail. (Something like £5.50 Royal Mail service charge and 10 bob admin fee).

No sympathy, they bought into the baloney and now a lot of the gimps are mumping. Try behaving like a properly run, ethical business, pay your bills, pay your staff and perhaps you'll have a case. Prepare for more of the same as your credit rating continues to plummet in accordance with your true standing in Scottish football - small time wannabees.

Ach well, there's always Wonga.com

HibbyAndy
29-11-2011, 12:15 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/european/hearts_fans_plan_to_boycott_games_at_hibs_and_celt ic_over_ticket_prices_1_1988226

I really cant see why they are moaning. Hearts cant be trusted to pay hibs the cash so we are quite rightly selling them tickets direct from the ticket office.

These erseholes have no one to blame but themselves.

HibbyAndy
29-11-2011, 12:16 PM
They really don't get it. There's no hike in ticket prices. Their catastrophe of a football club can't guarantee the funds taken from the sale of derby tickets will be returned to Hibernian (which is tacitly admitting they will steal the dough to service their own rather substantial and ever-increasing debts). And the add-ons are chiefly fees incurred to the Royal Mail. (Something like £5.50 Royal Mail service charge and 10 bob admin fee).

No sympathy, they bought into the baloney and now a lot of the gimps are mumping. Try behaving like a properly run, ethical business, pay your bills, pay your staff and perhaps you'll have a case. Prepare for more of the same as your credit rating continues to plummet in accordance with your true standing in Scottish football - small time wannabees.

Ach well, there's always Wonga.com

Spot on. It really isnt rocket science.

Diclonius
29-11-2011, 12:27 PM

Good.

Mikey
29-11-2011, 12:37 PM
“I think the other clubs want the money straight away, they don’t want to wait because they need cash themselves,” Kilgour went on

:crazy:

Spike Mandela
29-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Better to be paid for 100 tickets than to not be paid for 3500 tickets.

iwasthere1972
29-11-2011, 12:44 PM
It's £6 per delivery so it could be for multiple tickets.

They're all related so just one charge to get all the tickets delivered to their flat in Gorgie.

Bad Martini
29-11-2011, 12:47 PM
I forsee a load of open letters, protests, complaints and stupid looking Russian Hats coming out again...:cb

:protest: :monkey: shame really, they're a nice lot the jambos :greengrin

CentreLine
29-11-2011, 12:59 PM
The hahahahearts fans approach their club and pay their club up front in order for their club to purchase all the tickets in one lot. So we send all the tickets to hahahahearts with a single £6 charge on receipt of the cash. Assuming hahahahearts honoured the deal then they get their tickets at all but face value.

Oh! And there is always the chance that their club would run off with the money then they would have the option of going back to square one, buying tickets direct from ER, then chasing their own club for a refund.

Leithenhibby
29-11-2011, 01:35 PM
The hahahahearts fans approach their club and pay their club up front in order for their club to purchase all the tickets in one lot. So we send all the tickets to hahahahearts with a single £6 charge on receipt of the cash. Assuming hahahahearts honoured the deal then they get their tickets at all but face value.

Oh! And there is always the chance that their club would run off with the money then they would have the option of going back to square one, buying tickets direct from ER, then chasing their own club for a refund.

:top marks Sorted. And as a wee Christmas pressy I'll jump in my car and drop them off for free ... :na na:

Saorsa
29-11-2011, 03:43 PM

:dummytit:well the place winnae need sterilising after they've left if they dinnae turn up :bye:

degenerated
29-11-2011, 04:02 PM

the key point in your quote was "Kilgour, went on." Aye on and on and on and on and still no-one cares what this blazered twadger has to say.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/EiG4DEBVenvq4meyY17CxWJ6o1_400.jpg

Mikey
29-11-2011, 04:07 PM
A wee bit of info I picked up about this today...... someone from Hearts contacted both Celtic and Hibs to tell them that if they didn't sell the tickets themselves they wouldn't see the money.

That's why both clubs took the same decision at the same time :wink:

Dashing Bob S
29-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Couldn't care if it gives those tight-arsed tramps yet another flimsy excuse to boycott ER. Don't want to look at their stupid, scarf-twirling, pedo, jakey coupons anyway - it would only sour the New Year celebrations. The fewer of those mingers coughing their asbestos-rotted lungs out inside our classy stadium, the better.

HibbyAndy
29-11-2011, 06:36 PM
Couldn't care if it gives those tight-arsed tramps yet another flimsy excuse to boycott ER. Don't want to look at their stupid, scarf-twirling, pedo, jakey coupons anyway - it would only sour the New Year celebrations. The fewer of those mingers coughing their asbestos-rotted lungs out inside our classy stadium, the better.

Here here.

The less dumbos at ER the better, A less than half full away end oan the 2nd will defo uninspire Hearts.

They are just to up themselves to realize this. So mon the Dumbos. Stay away oan the 2nd :aok:

The_Todd
29-11-2011, 06:36 PM
Other SPL clubs start to doubt Hearts ability to cough up for the tickets and as usual the Jambo hoardes bend over in front of Mr Romanov and blame everyone else but anyone connected with HMFC.

So I assume it went like this:

Hibs: Um, hi there. We're a bit concerned that given your recent situation you might not be able to cough up the ticket monies which will be due to us.
Hearts: Well, we might be able to pay you. Probably not. In fact, I'd reccomend you sell them directly yourselves
Hibs: OK.

So the moral of the story, Los Yambolinos: if your club sorted itself out, Hibs wouldn't have to resort to this. But as usual the head is so far up Vlad's bahooky they can't bring themselves to admit it.

HibbyAndy
29-11-2011, 06:39 PM
Other SPL clubs start to doubt Hearts ability to cough up for the tickets and as usual the Jambo hoardes bend over in front of Mr Romanov and blame everyone else but anyone connected with HMFC.

So I assume it went like this:

Hibs: Um, hi there. We're a bit concerned that given your recent situation you might not be able to cough up the ticket monies which will be due to us.
Hearts: Well, we might be able to pay you. Probably not. In fact, I'd reccomend you sell them directly yourselves
Hibs: OK.

So the moral of the story, Los Yambolinos: if your club sorted itself out, Hibs wouldn't have to resort to this. But as usual the head is so far up Vlad's bahooky they can't bring themselves to admit it.

They can blame all on Sunday bar themselves. The fact is the situation they are in is all there own doing.

Sir David Gray
29-11-2011, 08:23 PM
I fully support Hibs taking this action and totally understand why they've done this. However, the £6 special delivery charge to get the tickets posted out is a disgrace.

I really don't understand why they can't have the option of picking their tickets up from Easter Road.

They can blame all on Sunday bar themselves. The fact is the situation they are in is all there own doing.

You meant to say "all and sundry", right!? :greengrin

degenerated
29-11-2011, 08:39 PM
I fully support Hibs taking this action and totally understand why they've done this. However, the £6 special delivery charge to get the tickets posted out is a disgrace.

I really don't understand why they can't have the option of picking their tickets up from Easter Road.

having jamtards picking up tickets from ER at the same time as decent normal people will be picking up their tickets for the home end wouldn't be the most sensible of ideas.

Perhaps a sensible option would have been to drop tickets off at the piggery for them to collect from there, but if i'm absolutely honest i couldn't really give a flying one of they are inconvenienced or left out of pocket in any shape or fashion.

Sir David Gray
29-11-2011, 08:51 PM
having jamtards picking up tickets from ER at the same time as decent normal people will be picking up their tickets for the home end wouldn't be the most sensible of ideas.

Perhaps a sensible option would have been to drop tickets off at the piggery for them to collect from there, but if i'm absolutely honest i couldn't really give a flying one of they are inconvenienced or left out of pocket in any shape or fashion.

Fair enough, maybe I was giving a little too much credit to the supporters of rival teams, that all of them could go and pick up tickets from the same location in an adult and orderly fashion without causing any disturbances.

I just think that being forced into paying a £6 fee for delivery, which is adding around 20% onto the cost of the ticket, is just unnecessary and a bit out of order from Hibs to be honest.

Like I say, I fully support the club selling tickets directly to Hearts fans because I do think that there would have been a real and serious danger of not being paid by Hearts, if they were left to sell the tickets themselves, however I do think that it could have been organised a lot better.

Kato
29-11-2011, 08:56 PM
Sounds like Hearts have faffed around paying us in the past to have taken such a stance.

I can't see how any Hearts fan can complain given their clubs own statements re-cash flow problems and the fact that the financial year in the courts is dotted with cases of late payments/wind-up orders.

The six quid is maybe excessive but, as DBS alludes to above, the answer is to borrow it from themselves and forget about it and Bob's your uncle, flat ticket fee. Not Dashing Bob, the spurious Bob in the maxim.

Saorsa
29-11-2011, 08:59 PM
You meant to say "all and sundry", right!? :greengrin:greengrin

Unless it's a Penicuik saying :greengrin

degenerated
29-11-2011, 09:05 PM
Fair enough, maybe I was giving a little too much credit to the supporters of rival teams, that all of them could go and pick up tickets from the same location in an adult and orderly fashion without causing any disturbances.

I just think that being forced into paying a £6 fee for delivery, which is adding around 20% onto the cost of the ticket, is just unnecessary and a bit out of order from Hibs to be honest.

Like I say, I fully support the club selling tickets directly to Hearts fans because I do think that there would have been a real and serious danger of not being paid by Hearts, if they were left to sell the tickets themselves, however I do think that it could have been organised a lot better.

As far as i can see £5.45 is the price for special delivery as quoted by the post office, this comes with insurance covering any loss. As we all know the vagaries of the uk postal system then it makes sense to use this method, i am sure you will agree.

Intersetingly it turns out that the figure is not entirely dissimilar to that which the jamtards charge celtic fans.

Hermit Crab
29-11-2011, 09:05 PM
Now then. Talk of a boycott they say. It wasn't too long ago they were greetin about not getting enough tickets for ER and wanting half the East Stand as well. Whats happened. All 400 000 of them going to miss a derby??? :violin:

EasterRoad4Ever
29-11-2011, 09:16 PM
Yam "boycotts" are always a sign that they're not so sure of thumping us. Remember the 6-2 game when only 1500 of them turned up ?

Typical glory-hunters. A sure sign that they're expecting their overpaid mercenaries to be struggling by the time they get to ER, and perhaps for us to be in a bit better shape with the new man in charge. Rest assured if they thought for a minute that their lot would pump us by a few goals, a few quid wouldn't get in the way of them trying to watch it.

At The Edge
29-11-2011, 09:31 PM
Re. the special Delivery charge, at this time of year, Royal Mail handle millions more items per day than usual, unforunatley items go missing, get lost and in a few cases, get stolen.
Hibs usually use TNT for their pickup, TNT then pass it onto Royal Mail for delivery
in this case they've used Royal mail Special Delivery service which means the Hearts will get their tickets next day, if they go missing/lost/don't turn up, the tickets are insured, the Hearts fans will have a come back if they claim the tickets never arrived. there is a trace of delivery from the point it leaves ER to delivery at some Hearts fans house/shack/hovel/plastic bag
It also guarantees that the tickets arrive in plenty of time.
They will also not have had to leave their house/shack etc etc to get the tickets as they will be delivered to their door.
How good are Hibs to the Hearts fans! a ticket service to your door :wink:
If Hibs used just the regular post, how many of the Hearts lot would be crying 'ma tickets never arrived'.
At most Hibs will make 50p per transaction unless Hearts are paying a booking fee as well?

I agree its a tad steep and shirley Hibs could have sent all tickets which have been paid for to Tynecastle for them to pick up at their own office until a certain date and seeing how new year falls on a weekend, they could have picked them up right up until Sat 31st as there is a delivery on that date, but as good as Rod is, he didn't set the price of the cost of sending tickets by using Royal Mails Special Delivery

Harpandcastle
29-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Agreed, Hibs cant take the chance of not getting the money that will be due, I dont like to see football fans hit with charges on top of what is already a pretty expensive ticket however the shortcomings here are at Tynecastle not Easter Road. Instead of moaning that Hibs are charging postage they should be asking their club to at least provide a collection facility.

HibbyAndy
29-11-2011, 10:15 PM

:greengrin

Unless it's a Penicuik saying :greengrin

Aye awrite bawbags :greengrin Ament 'All and sundry' :greengrin

The lingo here in the 'Cuik' is getting worse :wink:

:thumbsup:

Kato
29-11-2011, 11:23 PM
Now there's a great idea

Get the council to build big screens against Salisbury Crags and you could all watch it from the park?

Sir David Gray
29-11-2011, 11:24 PM
Aye awrite bawbags :greengrin Ament 'All and sundry' :greengrin

The lingo here in the 'Cuik' is getting worse :wink:

:thumbsup:

:tsk tsk: :tsk tsk: Now, now Andrew, I hope that's not some personal abuse towards other forum members there!

:wink:

HibbyAndy
29-11-2011, 11:26 PM
:tsk tsk: :tsk tsk: Now, now Andrew, I hope that's not some personal abuse towards other forum members there!

:wink:

:hilarious

:greengrin:wink:

matty_f
29-11-2011, 11:32 PM

They are morons. (no offence intended to morons).

Hibercelona
29-11-2011, 11:37 PM
Apparently they are going to hammer us (as they always do), but the few extra quid just isn't worth coughing up.... :jamboak:

Hibercelona
29-11-2011, 11:39 PM
They are morons. (no offence intended to morons).

Thats very offencive to morons. :tsk tsk:

You call a moron a Jambo and he'd clobber you. :agree:

Leithenhibby
30-11-2011, 12:16 AM
Will HFC make any money from the special Delivery charge? ...

Just that I thought that the Royal Mail was making the £6 charge :confused: :wink:

It does sound a tad much, but if you want to guarantee getting your ticket and that's what it will cost, then tough titty. As a one-off payment I wouldn't pay it, but get a few mates together and you are sorted. :rolleyes:

Kojock
30-11-2011, 06:01 AM
Celtics response to Hertz fans. Hmmmm the plot thickens.

IN response to a misleading report in the Edinburgh Evening News, Celtic Football Club would like to clarify the following:
Celtic Football Club*offered tickets to Heart of Midlothian to be directly distributed to Hearts supporters for the upcoming game on December 10*at Celtic Park. However, they did not wish to do this.*
It was therefore agreed between the clubs that Celtic FC would sell tickets directly to Heart of Midlothian fans, something which*Hearts do for Celtic supporters*for matches at Tynecastle.

Spike Mandela
30-11-2011, 06:42 AM

IN response to a misleading report in the Edinburgh Evening News, Celtic Football Club would like to clarify the following:
Celtic Football Club*offered tickets to Heart of Midlothian to be directly distributed to Hearts supporters for the upcoming game on December 10*at Celtic Park. However, they did not wish to do this.*
It was therefore agreed between the clubs that Celtic FC would sell tickets directly to Heart of Midlothian fans, something which*Hearts do for Celtic supporters*for matches at Tynecastle.

So, Hearts saving on admin perhaps:dunno:

matty_f
30-11-2011, 07:45 AM

This ties in with Mikey's post above. From what I have heard, Hearts gave Celtc and Hibs the heads up that they should sell direct as they could give no guarantees that the takings from the tickets would be made available to pay back to the clubs, hence the decision from both clubs to sell direct.

If the Yams have an issue with it, it's their own club they should be pointing the finger at - not Hibs or Celtc.

Barney McGrew
30-11-2011, 08:13 AM
If the Yams have an issue with it, it's their own club they should be pointing the finger at - not Hibs or Celtc.

It's much easier to blame others than look at their own club. If they did, they'd have to come up with the conclusion that Romanov has done something wrong, and there's no way they'll ever admit to that.

It's conspiracy I tell ya.

lucky
30-11-2011, 08:19 AM
Clearly Hearts are in meltdown. But Hibs could have done this differently. No way would we pay £6 delivery charge for tickets. But to be fair most fans go to games in groups so the charges will be reduced for multi buys. Just another nail in the Yams coffin and Scottish footballs.

bruno
30-11-2011, 08:30 AM
Clearly Hearts are in meltdown. But Hibs could have done this differently. No way would we pay £6 delivery charge for tickets. But to be fair most fans go to games in groups so the charges will be reduced for multi buys. Just another nail in the Yams coffin and Scottish footballs. I understand the reasons why Hibs decided to sell direct and if this is to happen in future they may have more time to prepare so they can get their money without inconveniencing the fans as much. I've had couple conversations with Hibs ticket office and they have been very helpful. My application is handed in 6 quid paid and at least 3 of us not partaking in any "alleged boycott " i realise hibs not making money from the charge but the hassle of form filling and handing over details to be used later is not ideal. If Hearts get their act together this will be a one off if not at least our loyalty points details address etc are now on Hibs database so hopefully if there a next time will just be a case of making a phone payment.

Hibs07p
30-11-2011, 08:34 AM
Have to say apologies if I came across as whinging to some posters my real complaint was the unsecured way we were being asked to put details down. No one likes the £6 charge but as a one off I can live with it.

Would just like to say well done to the Hibs ticket office with their quick and helpful replies.

I did ask if it possible to order tickets in store rather than post form with all details and was pleased with the response below.

We will certainly be taking up this option and look forward to the match in the New Year

Response from Hibs

You can hand the application form with your card details included into our Clubstore but tickets will not be processed at this time. All application form will be shredded once they are processed

Aye, you could be right, it might be the last Edinburgh derby at ER! :wink:

But seriously though, if Hearts have instigated this, what's their motive for denying themselves working capital, unless, of course they don't really need it?

Mikey
30-11-2011, 08:48 AM
This ties in with Mikey's post above.

Needless to say the "someone" wasn't the ticket office junior, it was someone pretty high up the food chain.

green&left
30-11-2011, 09:05 AM

Well in that case f*** them. Charges are fully justifiable. Hibs shouldn't be out of pocket 'cos Hearts don't want to sell tickets to their own fans hence the £1.50 booking fee and the £6 special delivery fee will be going to the Royal Mail, also how many fans goto games on there own? Usually groups of 3-4+ so divide the postage fee between them all and it works out cheaper than it would to jump on a 25 along the road to collect them.

Whats the excuse for not attending now Jambos?

GordonHFC
30-11-2011, 09:36 AM
Doesn't the official site seem to confirm this also.

With this being a 'joint announcement' and 'working closely with HoMoFC ticketing operations' it seems to me that we are also likely to have been approached to deal with this ourselves. Why would their ticketing operations be involved if we were doing this off our own back ?

Caversham Green
30-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Aye, you could be right, it might be the last Edinburgh derby at ER! :wink:

But seriously though, if Hearts have instigated this, what's their motive for denying themselves working capital, unless, of course they don't really need it?

Hearts are on the brink in several directions now - HMRC still have an administration order pending (according to Companies House) and the SFA must be poised to intervene in the non-payment of players. My guess is that the people at HoMFC are acting in the interests of their club (in apparent contrast to Mr Romanov) because they know that they will not be in a position to pay the ticket money over to Hibs and Celtc. That would lead to those clubs applying to the SFA/SPL for payment, but since those authorities may already be involved with the players' payments all of HoMFC's financial credit with them will be used up and they would have to start considering other sanctions such as deduction of points or expulsion from the league/association.

bruno
30-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Hearts are on the brink in several directions now - HMRC still have an administration order pending (according to Companies House) and the SFA must be poised to intervene in the non-payment of players. My guess is that the people at HoMFC are acting in the interests of their club (in apparent contrast to Mr Romanov) because they know that they will not be in a position to pay the ticket money over to Hibs and Celtc. That would lead to those clubs applying to the SFA/SPL for payment, but since those authorities may already be involved with the players' payments all of HoMFC's financial credit with them will be used up and they would have to start considering other sanctions such as deduction of points or expulsion from the league/association.

I enjoy reading your thoughts Caversham as you obviously have a good understanding of the situation but like the rest of us a lot of what you have to base your conclusion is drawn on figures which are to some extent educated guesswork.

I am absolutely in no doubt that we are in a severe financial crisis in terms of cashflow in the immediate future as well as long term problems if (when) Romanov withdraws his funding.

My only query with your statement is your last part when you assume all payments due to Hearts from SFA/SPL will be used up. Now in reality you don’t know how much (if still overdue) HMRC are claiming and the wages of the first team players at the moment is only one month overdue. As far as I am aware all other staff including non playing staff,youngsters and fringe players have been paid.

I think as a lot of people enjoy reading your posts many will jump on the deduction/expulsion when in reality this is only based on unknown figures. Or perhaps you are aware of what Hearts are due from these organisations and their credit line. I would be genuinely interested to know. I would imagine this would be able to comfortably cover Celtics 500 odd tickets and Hibs 3500 totalling approx 110k as well as one month’s salaries due perhaps 20 players at on average £10k per month=£200k.Some will be on more and some less as I believe a fair percentage of salary is made up from bonuses which at the moment are up to date.

As I say you will probably be more aware of the finances than me I know a couple of the younger players but their knowledge is not much greater than average man in the street.

The outstanding monies could all change if the players aren’t paid (as expected) at the end of this week and there will undoubtedly be further troubles ahead if they are unable to raise money from sales of players in January as well as getting many higher earners off the wage bill very quickly.

degenerated
30-11-2011, 11:52 AM
looks like celtic have felt obliged to clarify the situation, confirms that it is hearts that are unable to sell tickets rather than the other way round.

http://www.celticfc.net/newsstory?item=1811

By: Newsroom Staff on 29 Nov, 2011 16:56

Celtic Football Club offered tickets to Heart of Midlothian to be directly distributed to Hearts supporters for the upcoming game on December 10 at Celtic Park. However, they did not wish to do this.

It was therefore agreed between the clubs that Celtic FC would sell tickets directly to Heart of Midlothian fans, something which Hearts do for Celtic supporters for matches at Tynecastle.

The price of a ticket for the Hearts match was reduced from £32 to £28 in season 2009/10. This price was held for season 2010/11 and a small increase of £1 was introduced in season 2011/12 in line with all SPL clubs within their category.

The Special Delivery charge is applied at fans’ discretion, although it is recommended by Celtic FC to guarantee ticket arrival. Should the fan choose not to have tickets sent by Special Delivery, then tickets will be sent by standard post.

A small booking fee of £1.50 is added to the ticket price of the £29 to cover the cost of administration of this ticket. This is common practice with most ticketing agencies throughout the United Kingdom.

It should be noted that when Celtic visited Tynecastle in October, our supporters were asked to pay exactly the same prices - £29 for a match ticket and all booking and postal charges being the same.

johnrebus
30-11-2011, 11:53 AM
I enjoy reading your thoughts Caversham as you obviously have a good understanding of the situation but like the rest of us a lot of what you have to base your conclusion is drawn on figures which are to some extent educated guesswork.

I am absolutely in no doubt that we are in a severe financial crisis in terms of cashflow in the immediate future as well as long term problems if (when) Romanov withdraws his funding.

My only query with your statement is your last part when you assume all payments due to Hearts from SFA/SPL will be used up. Now in reality you don’t know how much (if still overdue) HMRC are claiming and the wages of the first team players at the moment is only one month overdue. As far as I am aware all other staff including non playing staff,youngsters and fringe players have been paid.

I think as a lot of people enjoy reading your posts many will jump on the deduction/expulsion when in reality this is only based on unknown figures. Or perhaps you are aware of what Hearts are due from these organisations and their credit line. I would be genuinely interested to know. I would imagine this would be able to comfortably cover Celtics 500 odd tickets and Hibs 3500 totalling approx 110k as well as one month’s salaries due perhaps 20 players at on average £10k per month=£200k.Some will be on more and some less as I believe a fair percentage of salary is made up from bonuses which at the moment are up to date.

As I say you will probably be more aware of the finances than me I know a couple of the younger players but their knowledge is not much greater than average man in the street.

The outstanding monies could all change if the players aren’t paid (as expected) at the end of this week and there will undoubtedly be further troubles ahead if they are unable to raise money from sales of players in January as well as getting many higher earners off the wage bill very quickly.

Only one man really knows the depth of the **** in which your club stands.

And with December salaries due in just a fortnight, that **** is just going to get deeper and deeper.

Reminds me of an old, old joke, the punchline of which is, 'teabreak over, back on your heads........,'

Peevemor
30-11-2011, 12:06 PM

I don't think it's about salaries and tax bills. Hearts obviously have no cash, otherwise they would have paid salaries. I suspect that their 'working' bank account is already in overdraft beyond the agreed limit (which may be zero for all I know), therefore the bank will not authorise/release any payments from this account. Any ticket money paid by Hibs and Celtic fans (especially card and cheque payments) will be paid into this account but will be inaccessible to anyone until such time as the account balance is in order, something that Hearts obviously don't see happening in the near future.

bruno
30-11-2011, 12:21 PM
I don't think it's about salaries and tax bills. Hearts obviously have no cash, otherwise they would have paid salaries. I suspect that their 'working' bank account is already in overdraft beyond the agreed limit (which may be zero for all I know), therefore the bank will not authorise/release any payments from this account. Any ticket money paid by Hibs and Celtic fans (especially card and cheque payments) will be paid into this account but will be inaccessible to anyone until such time as the account balance is in order, something that Hearts obviously don't see happening in the near future.

Fair enough that may be the reason

cheers

Andy74
30-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Only one man really knows the depth of the **** in which your club stands.

And with December salaries due in just a fortnight, that **** is just going to get deeper and deeper.

Reminds me of an old, old joke, the punchline of which is, 'teabreak over, back on your heads........,'

This is just a few months after the ST cash has been taken. There is a long way to go and if the cash is already gone I can't see Hearts lasting the season. January will need to include a lot of players sales and that just gets them by a few weeks or months.

With so many out of contract soon who is going to pay money for anyone?

Mikey
30-11-2011, 01:01 PM
looks like celtic have felt obliged to clarify the situation, confirms that it is hearts that are unable to sell tickets rather than the other way round.

http://www.celticfc.net/newsstory?item=1811

My understanding is that the decision was taken by one person in Edinburgh and the Motherland wasn't consulted.

degenerated
30-11-2011, 01:31 PM
My understanding is that the decision was taken by one person in Edinburgh and the Motherland wasn't consulted.

i'm sure all will become apparent soon as said individual won't last long one would assume.

Big Frank
30-11-2011, 01:32 PM

Completely surmising here, but there won't have been many (if any!!) times since he took control over the merricks, that a decision has been taken in Scotland without referral to said Motherland :hmmm:

Could this be a shift in attitude from the merricks:hmmm: maybe now not bending over so far :hmmm:

CyberSauzee
30-11-2011, 02:36 PM
This is just a few months after the ST cash has been taken. There is a long way to go and if the cash is already gone I can't see Hearts lasting the season. January will need to include a lot of players sales and that just gets them by a few weeks or months.

With so many out of contract soon who is going to pay money for anyone?

The ST money was used in August to pay whatever amount was owed as part of the agreement with HMRC. The proceedings a few weeks ago were procedural just to say the money had been paid.

Any organisation that doesn't pay it's employees is obviously having cash flow problems so it's no wonder Hibs and Celtic are acting in their own best interests. Hearts must need the cash for something rather more pressing than paying those who they employ or they wouldn't be holding it back. That is if they have the money in the first place. Which I doubt.

Caversham Green
30-11-2011, 03:45 PM

I always try to make clear in my posts whether I know something or I'm just speculating - hence the 'my guess is' line in my previous post. The reason I mentioned HMRC is the fact that the admin petition still appears to be in place, therefore they would have to be the absolute priority for any money coming in. On the wages side, we don't know for sure how many players (or other staff) haven't been paid but the number of players/coaching staff noted in the last set of accounts was 97 and according to the club 33 have been paid, so it seems reasonable to assume that there's still a lot waiting for their wages.

On the SFA/SPL side, I believe (but don't know for sure) that the basic amounts are released in monthly increments and the process would be for them to divert the payments from HoMFC to the claimants. That means that the amounts involved aren't going to be huge, and they will be reluctant to anticipate future payments this early in the season - Gretna's problems came much later in the season and the outcome was much easier to predict.

Of course it's all speculation and I don't claim to know any more than anyone else, but I feel I'm in a better position than most to speculate because of my financial training and experience.

bruno
30-11-2011, 04:01 PM
I always try to make clear in my posts whether I know something or I'm just speculating - hence the 'my guess is' line in my previous post. The reason I mentioned HMRC is the fact that the admin petition still appears to be in place, therefore they would have to be the absolute priority for any money coming in. On the wages side, we don't know for sure how many players (or other staff) haven't been paid but the number of players/coaching staff noted in the last set of accounts was 97 and according to the club 33 have been paid, so it seems reasonable to assume that there's still a lot waiting for their wages.

On the SFA/SPL side, I believe (but don't know for sure) that the basic amounts are released in monthly increments and the process would be for them to divert the payments from HoMFC to the claimants. That means that the amounts involved aren't going to be huge, and they will be reluctant to anticipate future payments this early in the season - Gretna's problems came much later in the season and the outcome was much easier to predict.

Of course it's all speculation and I don't claim to know any more than anyone else, but I feel I'm in a better position than most to speculate because of my financial training and experience.

Thanks as I said I don't doubt anything you say and know that you do say it is only your best assumption with the facts you know.

I do know for a fact that all youth players have been paid. I know that a number of fringe players have been paid.

Like in any business people talk especially when something like this has happened. That's where I worked out the what I assume is maximum of 20 although I do believe it may be less.

I also know for sure that those most senior haven't been paid.

Time will tell and I imagine that the next 4 weeks will be critical to the eventual outcome of the club.

Monies raised in January will be vital to see what sort of playing staff see it through to the summer.

I believe that there may be some sold although realistically only Templeton Kello and Driver have any value while Stevenson and Sutton may attain nominal fees.

Others like Elliott may free up wages as they can should find another club which leaves those like Obua in a position where they will likely try to negotiate a pay off but may be hard to deal with.

For all the doom and gloom I was delighted that all first teamers turned up at the calendar signing last night. Either it shows unity amongst the squad or it may be in their contract and they are very wary of breaking it!!!

Mikey
30-11-2011, 04:14 PM
it seems reasonable to assume that there's still a lot waiting for their wages.

I thought they were up to date. I take it that's not the case?

EuanH78
30-11-2011, 05:48 PM
i'm sure all will become apparent soon as said individual won't last long one would assume.

Didnt the Financial Director ar the PBS just get emptied/ resign/ mutual consented? - Delete as you believe appropriate :dunno:

3pm
30-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Thanks as I said I don't doubt anything you say and know that you do say it is only your best assumption with the facts you know.

I do know for a fact that all youth players have been paid. I know that a number of fringe players have been paid.

Like in any business people talk especially when something like this has happened. That's where I worked out the what I assume is maximum of 20 although I do believe it may be less.

I also know for sure that those most senior haven't been paid.

Time will tell and I imagine that the next 4 weeks will be critical to the eventual outcome of the club.

Monies raised in January will be vital to see what sort of playing staff see it through to the summer.

I believe that there may be some sold although realistically only Templeton Kello and Driver have any value while Stevenson and Sutton may attain nominal fees.

Others like Elliott may free up wages as they can should find another club which leaves those like Obua in a position where they will likely try to negotiate a pay off but may be hard to deal with.

For all the doom and gloom I was delighted that all first teamers turned up at the calendar signing last night. Either it shows unity amongst the squad or it may be in their contract and they are very wary of breaking it!!!

I don't think the likes of Elliott will just walk away mate. They won't get offered the same wages as they currently on.

3pm
30-11-2011, 06:02 PM
I thought they were up to date. I take it that's not the case?

Aye, March's are up to date!

Diclonius
30-11-2011, 06:06 PM
While Hearts desperately need to sell their best players there is no way in **** Romanov will offload anyone before the derby.

bingo70
30-11-2011, 06:08 PM
While Hearts desperately need to sell their best players there is no way in **** Romanov will offload anyone before the derby.

If he doesn't pay their wages soon he won't have a say in the matter

Diclonius
30-11-2011, 06:10 PM

True, but I wouldn't be surprised if he manages to hold off a fair few of them before we see a mass exodus on the evening of the 2nd January. :rolleyes:

3pm
30-11-2011, 06:15 PM

Every player will be paid before the derby!

Hibercelona
30-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Every player will be paid before the derby!

And every Hearts player from their main squad that is "injured" or "ill" leading up to the derby will make a miraculous recovery on the day of the game.

degenerated
30-11-2011, 07:16 PM
Needless to say the "someone" wasn't the ticket office junior, it was someone pretty high up the food chain.

I heard that it was some guy called fedetovas who spoke to us and Celtic. Not sure what his role is or should I say was.

weecounty hibby
30-11-2011, 07:24 PM

Bruno, you usually seem quite sane for a Jambo but the bit above in bold! Really? How would you like to be "only one month overdue" on your salary at this time of year with the liklihood of soon to be two months in arrears. You and all your fellow Jambos have allowed this situation to arise by doing and saying things like that for the last five or six years. Talk about excuses and head in the sand

Sammy7nil
30-11-2011, 07:25 PM

And every Hearts player from their main squad that is "injured" or "ill" leading up to the derby will make a miraculous recovery on the day of the game.

To a man Hearts will be determined not to lose at ER they ALWAYS are that is the difference between them and us and has been for 100 years with only few a blips in between.

Big Frank
30-11-2011, 07:31 PM
To a man Hearts will be determined not to lose at ER they ALWAYS are that is the difference between them and us and has been for 100 years with only few a blips in between.

Pretty nip n tuck actually. Then the 1980s happened.

bingo70
30-11-2011, 07:35 PM

A lot is made about the derby record and how they've got a better mindset towards the game than us but if we were to be spending much more than them then i think we would see it's nothing to do with them wanting it more or having the better attitude.

Sammy7nil
30-11-2011, 07:37 PM

That's a myth look at the record the Famous 5 did not even have a great record against HEARTS
Hibs did well in 70's and had a couple of years when Sauzee was here other than that our record in derbies is Laughable.
Hearts have won more derbies at ER than Hibs that is shameful.

Sammy7nil
30-11-2011, 07:40 PM
A lot is made about the derby record and how they've got a better mindset towards the game than us but if we were to be spending much more than them then i think we would see it's nothing to do with them wanting it more or having the better attitude.

Nonsense look at the record this is not a 10 -20 year period it is a 100 year period.
Hearts have and always have had a better attitude to Derbies players and fans.

Our record is shameful check the stats.

Dashing Bob S
30-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Our record in derbies is very poor, though when we win big, we really win big (7-0, 6-2). There are several reasons for that: 1) when we've had the cavalier teams we aspire to, they have often been muscled out of the game by Hearts more physical style, 2) our dip in the 80's coincided with Hearts under Mercer beginning to spend money they didn't have, and generally grinding out results against us. 3) It also coincided with the change to the SPL and generally four rather than two games per season, this pumping up their 80's period of domination and downplaying our sixties/seventies one. 4) Yes, we rarely seem to have a manager/team who understand the importance of the derby.

bingo70
30-11-2011, 07:54 PM
Nonsense look at the record this is not a 10 -20 year period it is a 100 year period.
Hearts have and always have had a better attitude to Derbies players and fans.

Our record is shameful check the stats.

I'll take your word for it but in my time going to the games which has been since the 90's they've consistantly spent more than they can afford and more than us, between Mercer, that SMG loan and then romanov, the only time i remember us matching their spending was under Mcleish and we had a decent record against them then.

What happened before that i don't know.

Big Frank
30-11-2011, 08:45 PM
That's a myth look at the record the Famous 5 did not even have a great record against HEARTS
Hibs did well in 70's and had a couple of years when Sauzee was here other than that our record in derbies is Laughable.
Hearts have won more derbies at ER than Hibs that is shameful.

Your getting the era of the famous five confused with how many times the famous five played against hertz. The 1980s made hertz in the derby.

not for a minute suggesting our derby record is acceptable btw... and this deviates from the thread a tad...

KiddA
01-12-2011, 02:21 AM
Im not sure but did Hearts fans not boycott the 6-2 game too can remember only a few of the yam fuds being at that game :dunno: :wink:

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/other-sport/hearts_fans_plan_to_boycott_games_at_hibs_and_celt ic_over_ticket_prices_1_1988226?commentspage=2

Steve-O
01-12-2011, 08:16 AM
Im not sure but did Hearts fans not boycott the 6-2 game too can remember only a few of the yam fuds being at that game :dunno: :wink:

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/other-sport/hearts_fans_plan_to_boycott_games_at_hibs_and_celt ic_over_ticket_prices_1_1988226?commentspage=2

You are right. There was at least one other derby they 'boycotted' as well, seems to recall they got hammered that time as well.

Mikey
01-12-2011, 04:35 PM
I heard that it was some guy called fedetovas who spoke to us and Celtic. Not sure what his role is or should I say was.

You might be right there. Pretty sure it's a different person though :wink:

If there's a vacancy soon we'll know why :cb

degenerated
01-12-2011, 05:50 PM
I was quite surprised to hear that as I assumed it would have been david southern who tipped the clubs off.

NAE NOOKIE
07-12-2011, 11:34 AM
Dont know if anybody has posted on this already.

According to the papers Hibs are charging the Yams £28 plus an admin fee of £6 making the total price for a ticket on 02/01/2012 £34.

I hate the Yams as much as anybody, but to be honest I think Hibs are going too far with this.

Firstly, there is no doubt that the Yams will conduct a tit for tat exercise the next time we play at the PBS.

Secondly,I for one havnt forgotten the debacle after we won the league cup when some idiot at ER decided it would be a good idea to let everybody know that the cup would be paraded after the following derby. Giving every Yam in the universe as much incentive as possible to ensure they would beat us. It was probably the worst experience I have ever had after a match at ER watching the tools in the away end taking the p1ss and having a great laugh at our expense.

Now here we go again, giving the otherwise subdued Yam players a reason to want to win the game at all costs. Nice one Hibs.

blackpoolhibs
07-12-2011, 11:35 AM
Hibs are not charging the £6.

scott7_0(Prague)
07-12-2011, 11:38 AM

According to the papers Hibs are charging the Yams £28 plus an admin fee of £6 making the total price for a ticket on 02/01/2012 £34.

I hate the Yams as much as anybody, but to be honest I think Hibs are going too far with this.

Firstly, there is no doubt that the Yams will conduct a tit for tat exercise the next time we play at the PBS.

Secondly,I for one havnt forgotten the debacle after we won the league cup when some idiot at ER decided it would be a good idea to let everybody know that the cup would be paraded after the following derby. Giving every Yam in the universe as much incentive as possible to ensure they would beat us. It was probably the worst experience I have ever had after a match at ER watching the tools in the away end taking the p1ss and having a great laugh at our expense.

Now here we go again, giving the otherwise subdued Yam players a reason to want to win the game at all costs. Nice one Hibs.

Hibs are charging 28 pound for the ticket
Royal Mail are charging 5.45 for the special delivery
I presume 55p is used to administer this service for our neighbours.

cocopops1875
07-12-2011, 11:40 AM
And there is a full thread about this

bawheid
07-12-2011, 11:41 AM
If they could be trusted to sell the tickets themselves and return the funds to Hibs, then there wouldn't be this problem.

The manky fuds only have themselves to blame.

cabbageandribs1875
07-12-2011, 11:42 AM

because of an extra £6 :confused:

HibbyAndy
07-12-2011, 11:52 AM
If they could be trusted to sell the tickets themselves and return the funds to Hibs, then there wouldn't be this problem.

The manky fuds only have themselves to blame.

Correct.

Saorsa
07-12-2011, 12:19 PM

Now here we go again, giving the otherwise subdued Yam players a reason to want to win the game at all costs. Nice one Hibs.Do you think they went too far a few years ago when they charged Hibs fans 33 quid and that was just for the ticket alone? And that was for nae other reason than simply tae fleece Hibs fans. This situation is not of Hibs making and they are quite right when that outfit cannae be trusted tae hand over the money for the tickets. Apart from that it isnae Hibs that are charging the 6 quid.

Dashing Bob S
07-12-2011, 01:29 PM

I disagree. I don't think they are going far enough. I'd charge the minging tramps a grand to watch the game, plus another for admin costs. It would still work out at decent value for them as the'd be going to a proper football stadium instead of a jakey toilet.

norhfc
07-12-2011, 01:50 PM

The parading of the cup game,ok it wasnt the best idea from Hibs....but,I and everyone around me was of the "we would do the same at tynie attitude" and thought it dead funny watching the yams hiding to the last man at the back of the stand...comedy gold :agree:

NAE NOOKIE
07-12-2011, 03:06 PM
The parading of the cup game,ok it wasnt the best idea from Hibs....but,I and everyone around me was of the "we would do the same at tynie attitude" and thought it dead funny watching the yams hiding to the last man at the back of the stand...comedy gold :agree:

What the Yams did wasnt the problem, like you said we would have done the same, it was the fact that we gave them the chance to do it. Have to say that on the day try as I might I couldn find the comedy gold part. Dont get me wrong I shouldnt get so wound up by stuff like that, but ho hum !

iwasthere1972
07-12-2011, 03:38 PM

I would very much doubt that. They will be relying on every penny from our supporters and it would hit them hard in the pocket if the match was boycotted in any shape or form by Hibs fans. They may be on the edge of distinction by the time we are due to meet them at Tynie and could be forced to reduce prices just in order to prevent their electricity and telephones from being cut off and their bog roll supplier taken legal action against them.

Andy74
07-12-2011, 04:48 PM
I would very much doubt that. They will be relying on every penny from our supporters and it would hit them hard in the pocket if the match was boycotted in any shape or form by Hibs fans. They may be on the edge of distinction by the time we are due to meet them at Tynie and could be forced to reduce prices just in order to prevent their electricity and telephones from being cut off and their bog roll supplier taken legal action against them.

I don't think Hearts have been or ever will be on the edge of distinction. :greengrin

silverhibee
09-12-2011, 01:25 PM
Its catching on.

Celtc now asking there neighbours to pay upfront for there tickets for the next old firm game. :faf:

07hibee
09-12-2011, 06:59 PM
I'm sure I paid about £32 for the last Derby at tynie
Got a text from a mate last night telling me it's costing £34 for a ticket for the yam end (£6 delivery charge) that has to be wrong right, can't see anyone paying that even that lot aren't that stupid