PDA

View Full Version : For All Those Who Wanted Michael O'Neil

fatbloke
27-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Just lifted this from the Bohemian Fans forum. Interesting stuff.
As for those Hibs guys.......how the **** can they think that MON is a better manager than Nutsy? For the budget and players MON has at his disposal, the league should have been all but over by august! I admit the alco has got his tactics right in Europe up til the group stages of the EL, but all he can do 90% of the time is try to kill the game, preserve energy and then make a late rally. That won't be enough to win leagues for a team with nowhere near the biggest budget in Scotland. Nutsy on the other hand can get the best out of all players, and is well able to find young talented players. Given the same budget as O'Neill and Nutsy would wipe the floor with him. Simple.

Scouse Hibee
27-11-2011, 05:54 PM
As for those Hibs guys.......how the **** can they think that MON is a better manager than Nutsy? For the budget and players MON has at his disposal, the league should have been all but over by august! I admit the alco has got his tactics right in Europe up til the group stages of the EL, but all he can do 90% of the time is try to kill the game, preserve energy and then make a late rally. That won't be enough to win leagues for a team with nowhere near the biggest budget in Scotland. Nutsy on the other hand can get the best out of all players, and is well able to find young talented players. Given the same budget as O'Neill and Nutsy would wipe the floor with him. Simple.

That is why "in Rod we trust" :agree:

fatbloke
27-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Found this gem also.I do I do agree with what you're saying, about O'Neills achievements in Europe, but Hibs are a club that will want to do really well domestically. I don't think it'd be that big a deal if Hibs were to get to the EL group stages. I think they'd be better off looking at the records of both managers in domestic competition and while O'Neill has won 2 titles in a row, he still falls behind Fenlon in comparison for the last 4 years as Fenlon has won 3 cups in that time as well as the 2 titles. Nutsy's league winning squads and O'Neills League winning squads would easily survive in the SPL too in my opinion.

Seems opinions are divided.
agree with what you're saying, about O'Neills achievements in Europe, but Hibs are a club that will want to do really well domestically. I don't think it'd be that big a deal if Hibs were to get to the p stages. I think they'd be better off looking at the records of both managers in domestic competition and while O'Neill has won 2 titles in a row, he still falls behind Fenlon in comparison for the last 4 years as Fenlon has won 3 cups in that time as well as the 2 titles. Nutsy's league winning squads and O'Neills League winning squads would easily survive in the SPL too in my opinion.

I do agree with what you're saying, about O'Neills achievements in Europe, but Hibs are a club that will want to do really well domestically. I don't think it'd be that big a deal if Hibs were to get to the EL group stages. I think they'd be better off looking at the records of both managers in domestic competition and while O'Neill has won 2 titles in a row, he still falls behind Fenlon in comparison for the last 4 years as Fenlon has won 3 cups in that time as well as the 2 titles. Nutsy's league winning squads and O'Neills League winning squads would easily survive in the SPL too in my opinion.

fatbloke
27-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Dear o dear what about this gem. It's worse than ******back over there.

Some ignorant ****ers on Hibs side dismissing the idea of appointing Fenlon or O' Neill because they come from a league equivalent to the Scottish First Division. Well they can go **** themselves. The SPL is the same standard as the LOI when you take away Celtic and Rangers.

R'Albin
27-11-2011, 06:45 PM
That is why "in Rod we trust" :agree:

*In Scott Lindsay we trust :wink:

R'Albin
27-11-2011, 06:46 PM

Some ignorant ****ers on Hibs side dismissing the idea of appointing Fenlon or O' Neill because they come from a league equivalent to the Scottish First Division. Well they can go **** themselves. The SPL is the same standard as the LOI when you take away Celtic and Rangers.

Wow, what an erse. Even worse than the Shamrock fans!

Hibercelona
27-11-2011, 06:52 PM

A complete twat, but I don't entirely disagree with him. :tin hat:

Hibbyradge
27-11-2011, 06:54 PM
I wouldn't read too much into any of that.

Would we give a Yam manager a better review than a Hibs manager if an EPL club were considering them both and they were both decent?

iwasthere1972
27-11-2011, 06:55 PM
A complete twat, but I don't entirely disagree with him. :tin hat:

Neither do I. In fact I would go as far as to say that the EPL is no better than the Championship if you exclude both Manchester clubs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham and Liverpool.

Ferryhibby
27-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Good couple of threads, was looking for some comments from the supporters or players or managers of the teams that played against bohs to see how they felt about how Fenlons teams played, were they hard but fair, hard to beat, play with flair, etc,

Kammy1875
27-11-2011, 07:36 PM
So has Mikey got a bevy problem then? That is the burning question. :pfgwa

nonshinyfinish
27-11-2011, 07:37 PM

Is he that far from the truth? I wouldn't agree that the LOI is of equal standard to the 'rest' of the SPL, but it's definitely true that loads of Hibs fans (+ other Scottish fans) are dismissive of the LOI despite knowing f***-all about it.

Wouldn't we be pissed off if the fans of a Championship/League 1 team who had just poached our manager were banging on about how s**** we were?

davidw
27-11-2011, 07:42 PM
So has Mikey got a bevy problem then? That is the burning question. :pfgwa

Exactly my question - why do they call him 'alco'? And is this why he wasn't even interviewed...?

Anyway, here's hoping Fenlon is the right choice - after yesterday, I suspect it's a miracle worker we need, not a manager...

Hibernia Na Eir
27-11-2011, 07:43 PM
The LOI is actually a pretty decent league. always enjoyed watching games whenever I've been over. Not a huge difference between SPL and LOI, those who disagree haven't witnessed LOI games.

Dalianwanda
27-11-2011, 08:00 PM
Noticed today we had about a third of a page re Hibs & Fenlon in todays Irish Times...First time anything worth of note has been included about Hibs from what I remember..Increased exposure over here (pity its when we are mince!)...Come on PF, get it turned around..:pfgwa

Frazerbob
27-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Exactly my question - why do they call him 'alco'? And is this why he wasn't even interviewed...?Anyway, here's hoping Fenlon is the right choice - after yesterday, I suspect it's a miracle worker we need, not a manager...

Can I respectfully suggest that you pay your tenner and become a PM. If you do, you will find plenty about this on the PM board.

For the record, MON certainly does not have a drink problem and he 100% WAS interviewed.Exactly two weeks ago, as I type this, he was in the midst of a near 5 hour meeting with two board members in a London hotel.

£10 for a years worth of "inside info".....a bargain! :wink:

Kammy1875
27-11-2011, 08:20 PM
Can I respectfully suggest that you pay your tenner and become a PM. If you do, you will find plenty about this on the PM board.

For the record, MON certainly does not have a drink problem and he 100% WAS interviewed.Exactly two weeks ago, as I type this, he was in the midst of a near 5 hour meeting with two board members in a London hotel.

£10 for a years worth of "inside info".....a bargain! :wink:

So he does have a drink problem then. Cheers :aok:

Frazerbob
27-11-2011, 08:25 PM

The only drink problem he has is that he's pissed after about three pints due to the fact that he very rarely drinks. But hey, lets take a random post from a rival club's forum as the truth. Do you believe all the ballocks posted on kickback about our player past and present?

nonshinyfinish
27-11-2011, 08:29 PM

How bizarre. :confused:

Kammy1875
27-11-2011, 08:33 PM
The only drink problem he has is that he's pissed after about three pints due to the fact that he very rarely drinks. But hey, lets take a random post from a rival club's forum as the truth. Do you believe all the ballocks posted on kickback about our player past and present?

Cool, so he's not got a drink problem then. Thanks from clearing it up without selling the PM forum :agree:

Frazerbob
27-11-2011, 08:39 PM
Cool, so he's not got a drink problem then. Thanks from clearing it up without selling the PM forum :agree:

However, there is so much more to the story that I'm sure you'd be very interested to read if only you weren't tighter than two coats of paint and forked out the whopping sum of 83p per month to help fund this site you currently enjoy for free. :aok:

ScottB
27-11-2011, 08:40 PM
To be fair, we'd likely be posting the same if a Hibs manager got a job than a Hearts one was also linked to.

Sergeant Hibs
27-11-2011, 08:42 PM

I disagree Fenlon should be sacked already his signings have made no impact he hasnt yet won a game or scored a goal

FENLON MUST GO

:devil:

Kammy1875
27-11-2011, 08:55 PM
However, there is so much more to the story that I'm sure you'd be very interested to read if only you weren't tighter than two coats of paint and forked out the whopping sum of 83p per month to help fund this site you currently enjoy for free. :aok:

I'm not tight at all, I just don't like being dictated to and I'll join in my own time ta. Spent the majority of the remainder of last weeks wage supporting the side yesterday.

Cool advertising though bro.

rossevenil
27-11-2011, 09:01 PM
And strangely enough a LOI team is still in Europe albeit probably not for much longer but a damn sight longer than our "champions" of last season!

Is there really a difference between the SPL and LOI other than they dont have to put up with the crap that the "Old Firm" bring to every game
I reckon we should let the LOI raise its profile by allowing Sellic and der hun join their league and then sit back and watch our own leagues flourish as
lets face England aint going to touch them with a barge pole and we wouldnt have to put up with their s"£t anymore.

Also surely International Ranking must be a decent guide and going by that then its a far better standard?

R'Albin
27-11-2011, 09:25 PM
I'm not tight at all, I just don't like being dictated to and I'll join in my own time ta. Spent the majority of the remainder of last weeks wage supporting the side yesterday.

Cool advertising though bro.

Sorry but this pisses me off when folk claim not to have enough money. £10 a year? Really isn't that much, if you don't want it fair enough but money is hardly an excuse.

basehibby
27-11-2011, 10:11 PM

M'ON was my favourite for the job and I'd stand by that as a good call for what's required of the new Hibernian manager - on close examination, our Nutsy's record and evident character does indeed measure up to if not exceed O'Neill's record as a manager so far and I'm happy and enthused about his appointment.

That said, the post quoted and it's attitude to O'Neill exhibits all the bitter and twistedness that would do the SPL proud - for example, Jumbo jimbo Jeffries did the Jambos proud as a manager but from some of the comments on here you'd think he was a hopeless jakey with no talent whatsoever.

The quote posted above displays similar levels of objectivity which shows for me that local rivalries in Irish football continue to do them proud even if they also continue to make the SPL look like a slick and smoothly run operation.

The thing that stands out the most from this post though is the continuing affection for the guy who's now our manager despite him only managing a 5th place finish after recent league domination by the Boh's - that for me is a 5 star recommendation :thumbsup:

CallumLaidlaw
27-11-2011, 10:18 PM
Sorry but this pisses me off when folk claim not to have enough money. £10 a year? Really isn't that much, if you don't want it fair enough but money is hardly an excuse.

Believe it or not, but in the current financial climate, £10 IS a lot of money to some people.

basehibby
27-11-2011, 10:25 PM

The thing is - he's not far wrong!

Ireland has no OF soaking up (and wasting much of) the local talent and is only slightly lesser a nation in population to Scotland - it's top sides have regularly outperformed our non-OF sides in Europe in recent years and even if their infrastructure and crowds are light years behind Scotland it's hard to argue the same about the standard of their football.

basehibby
27-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Noticed today we had about a third of a page re Hibs & Fenlon in todays Irish Times...First time anything worth of note has been included about Hibs from what I remember..Increased exposure over here (pity its when we are mince!)...Come on PF, get it turned around..:pfgwa

:agree: get a bit of success going and you'll get numerous paddys sick of the usual Celtic/Munure/Liverpool pish taking up an interest in the Hibs beacuse of the Nutsy connection - canny be a bad thing IMO :thumbsup: