PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Shiels

joe breezy
27-11-2011, 01:51 PM
'I'm happy for real football fans, the people that live in Kilmarnock and support Kilmarnock, just like the people who live in Motherwell and support Motherwell or the people that live in Perth and support Saint Johnstone. I don't know why so many people in Kilmarnock support the old firm but many do, maybe it's a commuter town'

Something like that anyway, quite right anyway...

Well done Killie

nonshinyfinish
27-11-2011, 01:55 PM
'I'm happy for real football fans, the people that live in Kilmarnock and support Kilmarnock, just like the people who live in Motherwell and support Motherwell or the people that live in Perth and support Saint Johnstone. I don't know why so many people in Kilmarnock support the old firm but many do, maybe it's a commuter town'

Well done Killie

Good stuff.

GIRUY, gloryhunters.

Biggie
27-11-2011, 01:59 PM
aye, well done him...it's a good result for the league as well, to see "other" teams beat the old firm.....maybe the gap is closing

vanNISHtelroy
27-11-2011, 02:15 PM
:thumbsup:Kenny Shiels:thumbsup:

:not worthManu Manuel, Manu Manuel, Manuel Pascali:not worth

First win against them at the new Rugby Park, pretty happy today lol

PeeJay
27-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Watched some of the the game and thought Killie were well organised, played as a team, passed the ball well and intelligently - lilke the way they all made themselves available at any given time - looked to me like they deserved the victory, although they don't have much punch up front. Difficult to see why Rangers are so far ahead in the league - they were rank rotten, and unsporting to say the last - some Killie player goes down injured in their box, Killie are counterattacking, ref stops play -Rangers then contest the drop ball instead of playing fair and kicking it back to Killie - unthinkable here in Germany.

While I'm glad Rangers lost, I did find myself wondering why Kilmarnock can play like a football team and we can't - they certainly looked like they were enjoying themselves on the park.

The Harp
27-11-2011, 02:35 PM

Well done mate.:aok:
Always good to take the scalp of one of the OF. Enjoy!

Judas Iscariot
27-11-2011, 02:43 PM

You better of been there :devil:

vanNISHtelroy
27-11-2011, 02:49 PM
You better of been there :devil:

Its ok I was lol, its worth all the crap performances against them for the times you take the point (or even 3) against them!

down-the-slope
27-11-2011, 02:54 PM
:not worth any team getting results and playing attractive football get my respect and is great for the league......even if all the headlines will be about Rangers dropping points....:rolleyes:

Just a shame we could not put the other half out of league cup thus making semi finals an OF free zone....

BEEJ
27-11-2011, 03:04 PM
While I'm glad Rangers lost, I did find myself wondering why Kilmarnock can play like a football team and we can't - they certainly looked like they were enjoying themselves on the park.
:agree:

Killie, Motherwell, St Johnstone, St Mirren - all with fairly new Managers in place and with lower player budgets than Hibs - but all playing a quality and style of football that over the last four years we have witnessed only in short spells.

Doesn't seem that hard. How can we have been so apparently 'unfortunate' with our Management appointments? :dunno:

PF just has to get it right.

IWasThere2016
27-11-2011, 03:24 PM

Killie, Motherwell, St Johnstone, St Mirren - all with fairly new Managers in place and with lower player budgets than Hibs - but all playing a quality and style of football that over the last four years we have witnessed only in short spells.

Doesn't seem that hard. How can we have been so apparently 'unfortunate' with our Management appointments? :dunno:

Spot on - PF just has to get it right!

heretoday
27-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Great result at Killie. May have just saved Scotland's season from complete redundancy.

bingo70
27-11-2011, 03:29 PM

All these clubs have fairly low expectations and nowhere near as much pressure as a hibs manager, plus Killie, st J's and Well have just been finding someone to continue a team on the up while St Mirren were just happy to avoid bottom and even then a lot of them wanted rid of Danny Lennon last season.

What it does prove is that in this league it's not about buying players, it's about making the most out of what you've got which is why we don't need another transfer window with 7 new players

scoopyboy
27-11-2011, 05:08 PM
All these clubs have fairly low expectations and nowhere near as much pressure as a hibs manager, plus Killie, st J's and Well have just been finding someone to continue a team on the up while St Mirren were just happy to avoid bottom and even then a lot of them wanted rid of Danny Lennon last season.

What it does prove is that in this league it's not about buying players, it's about making the most out of what you've got which is why we don't need another transfer window with 7 new players

I wouldn't mind another 7 new players in the transfer window provided thay replace 7 players that are not so good.

WindyMiller
27-11-2011, 05:09 PM
I wouldn't mind another 7 new players in the transfer window provided thay replace 7 players that are not so good.

That seems to be the hard part.

Perhaps easier for the manager to ask for cash than work with what he's got.

fatbloke
27-11-2011, 06:01 PM

Well done Killie

Must be a strange sight when the bigger number of away fans are home quicker than the smaller numbers of the home support.

Lucius Apuleius
28-11-2011, 04:55 AM
The Billy Boys lying down to the Killie Boys? :greengrin

What about us out of town Hibees? Does his comments make us unreal football fans?

KWJ
28-11-2011, 05:25 AM
Don't quite understand how Killie managed to win that on the highlights. Then Mr. Personality John Rankin saying they deserved it had me double checking. Aluko's looked like a stonewall pen and I thought Broadfoots was one too. Then the misses the Rangers had was crazy.

Chortle.

hibbill2002
28-11-2011, 05:56 AM
The Billy Boys lying down to the Killie Boys? :greengrin

What about us out of town Hibees? Does his comments make us unreal football fans?

Glory hunter!

RIP
28-11-2011, 06:19 AM
:agre

e:

Can't see Pat making the difference here (much as I'd like him to). Our problems are top down - not bottom up. All these clubs are run by chairmen who are passionate supporters of the club. Whilst their fans don't necessarily appreciate it, they all maintain a bit of continuity from manager to manager. Can't see any of these clubs subjecting their supporters to a brand new squad every year.

For example the new St Johnstone manager (Lomas) has already got a house in Perth (provider by housebuilder chairman Brown) and get's the squad over once a week for a nosh-up. Team spirit is built immediately. The last guy who we had at Hibs who clearly worked on the motivational side was Mowbray.

These are wee clubs who are run like wee clubs. We are a wee club with the board structure of an EPL club. Look at the away box on Saturday. Petrie, six directors and two other senior employees surrounding Fenlon, the only man who actually contributes anything to success on the park.

Barney McGrew
28-11-2011, 06:24 AM
Only on hibs.net could a thread started by someone by someone congratulating a manager for having a dig at OF glory hunting fans turn into one having a dig at Hibs board :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
28-11-2011, 06:36 AM
Glory hunter!

Never been called that before :greengrin

vanNISHtelroy
28-11-2011, 07:09 AM
Don't quite understand how Killie managed to win that on the highlights. Then Mr. Personality John Rankin saying they deserved it had me double checking. Aluko's looked like a stonewall pen and I thought Broadfoots was one too. Then the misses the Rangers had was crazy.

Chortle.

Think we did sort of deserve it, think the stats on the beeb website (know they can't be trusted) said we had same shots on target, more corners and possession was split 55/45 in our favour.

Didn't think the "ugly boy from Ayrshire"'s one was, thought we were lucky with Danny's challenge on Aluko but don't mind being lucky against them this once

Zazu62
28-11-2011, 07:16 AM
That pascali looks a good player very passionate about his team

Higgy115
28-11-2011, 11:14 AM

Well done Killie

I thought his interview after the game was brilliant, very passionate about the team and accepting of the fact that the way they play that they might get the odd doing. Hopefully wee Pat will show similar enthusiasm and passion.

vanNISHtelroy
28-11-2011, 03:25 PM
That pascali looks a good player very passionate about his team

Pasca is very passionate about the club, think he realises that as far as his career goes we are as far as he could go (no disrespect to him!), also when he moved over here his family was still in Italy and he stayed at the hotel and spent a lot of time talking to fans etc.

Made himself a cult hero, all he needs to do after ending the losing streak against Rangers at RP, is to end the streak at Parkhead and captain us to our first league cup....or is that being a tad greedy :wink: