PDA

View Full Version : Pressure On Players.

Thecat23
27-11-2011, 01:00 PM
After reading the article with the Secret footballer. Its got me thinking, as fans are we putting far to much pressure on our players to perform? In this day and age i know for a fact some players do read fans forums. Now granted we all have a rant at some players during games but if this rant was every week and the player was struggling, then it's no wonder he would be scared to go looking for the ball or make that 20 yard pass. The fear of the fans screaming at him would defo put a player in a shell. I remember watching Hibs and being far more of a relaxed atmosphere in the ground even when we were playing poor. We are asking players to come out and start performing... Well maybe it's time us as fans took a different attitude to the game and if they do have that poor pass or shot that goes miles wide, lets not scream at them. I know not every fan does but lets be honest ER has been hate filled towards some players for a while. Football is meant to be enjoyed by fans, something to take our minds of our everyday problems. I for one will be going to the games a more relaxed supporter and will be backing those 11 boys 100%. Life is to short to be angry all the time.

:flag:

Andy74
27-11-2011, 01:05 PM
After reading the article with the Secret footballer. Its got me thinking, as fans are we putting far to much pressure on our players to perform? In this day and age i know for a fact some players do read fans forums. Now granted we all have a rant at some players during games but if this rant was every week and the player was struggling, then it's no wonder he would be scared to go looking for the ball or make that 20 yard pass. The fear of the fans screaming at him would defo put a player in a shell. I remember watching Hibs and being far more of a relaxed atmosphere in the ground even when we were playing poor. We are asking players to come out and start performing... Well maybe it's time us as fans took a different attitude to the game and if they do have that poor pass or shot that goes miles wide, lets not scream at them. I know not every fan does but lets be honest ER has been hate filled towards some players for a while. Football is meant to be enjoyed by fans, something to take our minds of our everyday problems. I for one will be going to the games a more relaxed supporter and will be backing those 11 boys 100%. Life is to short to be angry all the time.

:flag:

No. As I said on the other thread I don't think there is that connection and we are talking in these cases about either mental illness or some major personal or family issue.

There's pressure on most people in their jobs and regardless of what stick they get they are still amongst the luckiest people in terms of what they do. Many will have worked hard for it of course but there is far more pressure to be had out there just trying to feed families on a day to day basis.

Let's not get carried away by what is a tragic but still rare incident.

Northernhibee
27-11-2011, 01:17 PM
**** off Nishy, that was pish!

Thecat23
27-11-2011, 01:33 PM
No. As I said on the other thread I don't think there is that connection and we are talking in these cases about either mental illness or some major personal or family issue.

There's pressure on most people in their jobs and regardless of what stick they get they are still amongst the luckiest people in terms of what they do. Many will have worked hard for it of course but there is far more pressure to be had out there just trying to feed families on a day to day basis.

Let's not get carried away by what is a tragic but still rare incident.

Fair point Andy i see what you're saying. I know i feel pressure in my own job at times but i don't have thousands watching me do what i do. I do think fans can be to quick to jump on the backs of players and that for me has a knock on effect.