PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

leithsansiro
27-11-2011, 09:17 AM
Welcome, come in and take a seat. Let's pretend for a moment that you have just been appointed manager of our club. Realistically, what are your first moves and priorities?

What would you do in terms of players?
What would you do in terms of playing style?
What are you going to do with your backroom staff?
What needs sorted behind the scenes? (probably most crucially)
Just curious. I wonder if any of us outsiders can work out a tangible plan to move towards not ending the season looking like relegation fodder.

:pray:

greenlex
27-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Welcome, come in and take a seat. Let's pretend for a moment that you have just been appointed manager of our club. Realistically, what are your first moves and priorities?

Just curious. I wonder if any of us outsiders can work out a tangible plan to move towards not ending the season looking like relegation fodder.

Whoever was my right back in Ireland gets a one year deal to see how he gets on.
At least one creative midfielder. Sign a proper old fashioned Centre half to play alongside Stephens. Play 442 and try and get a settled side and style till the end of the season. All this wholesale chopping and changing isn't helping.
Take it from there

Eyrie
27-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Fenlon's captain and right back at Bohemians was Owen Heary (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owen_Heary), who also played for him at Shelbourne. Problem is he's 35 now, but Fenlon will know if he could do a job for six months at Hibs and buy time until the summer.

bingo70
27-11-2011, 10:43 AM

I think his first job is to raise the spirits of the players.

If he can get the players enjoying the football again and playing with confidence then what we think we need now may look completely different after a few weeks.

That said we desperately need a right back.

HibbyAndy
27-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Find oot where Petrie stashes the Whisky :greengrin

matty_f
27-11-2011, 11:04 AM
I think his first job is to raise the spirits of the players.If he can get the players enjoying the football again and playing with confidence then what we think we need now may look completely different after a few weeks.That said we desperately need a right back.Totally agree with that. Fenlon's quickest win will be getting these players to have confidence and belief in themselves. I'd also get a starting 11 that best fitted the tactics that i wanted to play most often and let them know they are the first 11, and work hard on getting them good at their role in the team.Then I'd try to manage the fans by giving a clear vision for the way forward. I'd set my targets high and try to get the fans onside with it. Uniting the club is one of Fenlon's biggest challenges. He has to make us fall in love with the team again, so a charm offensive is needed.

JustSimplyHibs
27-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Cancel all contracts for 1st team players and create new one's....offered minimum wage the rest is based on PRP.

Depends on what type of player was left following the contract cancelation's, but my philosophy is "balls round, it never stops moving, you better not stop moving, 2 touch football, failure is not an option"

Get rid of all 1st team coaches.

Don't know what you mean by this but, I'm in charge of team affairs, you are business men look after the business.