Dashing Bob S
27-11-2011, 05:07 AM
Who will win?

I go for Citeh, me.

Shame bout that soft pen for Newcastle. 'Sir Alex was incandescent with rage.'

HH81
27-11-2011, 08:19 AM
City, hopefully.

Best team in the premiership so far by a mile and can go 7 points clear which would be nice.

The manure followers are also quite which is nice. As for the dodgy pen yesterday...... Hopefully Refs can give about 10 more this season and even up the amount of dodgy ones manure have got in the last 10 years.

Oh and before we hear city are buying the league etc...... Yes because manure only sign free transfers and bring through youth players only.

Scouse Hibee
27-11-2011, 08:51 AM
Errrrrrrm, uuuuhhhhhhh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, for a change I'll go with my head and not my heart Ci................................. nah can't do it LIVERPOOL :greengrin

down-the-slope
27-11-2011, 09:10 AM
Who will win?

I go for Citeh, me.

Shame bout that soft pen for Newcastle. 'Sir Alex was incandescent with rage.'

Soft pen shocker at OT....only shocker being it was not for home team

Scouse Hibee
27-11-2011, 06:05 PM
:greengrin Not the perfect result but it will do.

iwasthere1972
27-11-2011, 06:10 PM
:greengrin Not the perfect result but it will do.

One of the rare occasions when FalkirkHibee would be rooting and a tooting for Liverpool ensuring that his beloved United kept in touch with City.

Well done the scousers.

Dashing Bob S
27-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Liverpool deserved to win and would have but for Hart in goals and Dalglish being a bit too scared of Citeh and playing Suarez as a loan striker. They've pend almost much as Citeh on their squad and should have the her-haws to have a proper go against a very fatigued looking Citeh who were showing tired legs in the second half after wednesday night's exertions.

Liverpool have improved greatly, and they raise their game against the bigger clubs, but are still easily matched by determined performances from lower clubs where they'll drop points. Should be in the flag mix but the best they can hope for is 4th and the CL slot.

Sir David Gray
27-11-2011, 10:34 PM
One of the rare occasions when FalkirkHibee would be rooting and a tooting for Liverpool ensuring that his beloved United kept in touch with City.

Well done the scousers.

I was in the rare situation where I actually wanted both teams to lose, such is the depth of ill-feeling that I have towards the pair of them.

Since that was obviously not possible, I did want Liverpool to win today (only just, though!).

A draw's not a complete disaster though. Although United should currently be 2 points closer to City than they were before this weekend, if they hadn't been handed such an incompetent linesman yesterday. :grr:

Ferdinand's challenge was one of the finest you'll ever see. Disgraceful decision.

Scouse Hibee
27-11-2011, 10:52 PM
I was in the rare situation where I actually wanted both teams to lose, such is the depth of ill-feeling that I have towards the pair of them.

Since that was obviously not possible, I did want Liverpool to win today (only just, though!).

A draw's not a complete disaster though. Although United should currently be 2 points closer to City than they were before this weekend, if they hadn't been handed such an incompetent linesman yesterday. :grr:

Ferdinand's challenge was one of the finest you'll ever see. Disgraceful decision.

I agree :faf: never a penalty!

lyonhibs
27-11-2011, 11:37 PM

The kind of decision that Man U under Sir Alex F have benefited from literally countless times.

Dry yer eyes.

iwasthere1972
28-11-2011, 12:22 AM

:agree: I thought it was a disgraceful decision as well but it's a shame that the ref didn't go the whole hog and send Rio off. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
28-11-2011, 12:55 AM
The kind of decision that Man U under Sir Alex F have benefited from literally countless times.

Dry yer eyes.

I didn't try to suggest that they haven't benefitted from those type of decisions over the years. Every team gets decisions in their favour from time to time that they don't deserve.

But the fact remains that the decision to award Newcastle a penalty was ridiculous. It was made even worse by the fact that the referee didn't even think that it was a penalty (he awarded a corner!) and his mind was changed by his assistant!

This type of incident would be the ideal example for video evidence. The officials disagree on the decision, the players of one of the teams clearly know what happened so surely the referee would be happy to look at a replay to either confirm his decision or back up the thoughts of his assistant?

When will FIFA bring the world's biggest sport into the 21st century?

joe breezy
28-11-2011, 04:10 AM
I didn't try to suggest that they haven't benefitted from those type of decisions over the years. Every team gets decisions in their favour from time to time that they don't deserve.

But the fact remains that the decision to award Newcastle a penalty was ridiculous. It was made even worse by the fact that the referee didn't even think that it was a penalty (he awarded a corner!) and his mind was changed by his assistant!

This type of incident would be the ideal example for video evidence. The officials disagree on the decision, the players of one of the teams clearly know what happened so surely the referee would be happy to look at a replay to either confirm his decision or back up the thoughts of his assistant?

It's unreal that rugby use technology and football doesn't, but why can you expect with nutters like Blatter running the game

norhfc
28-11-2011, 07:47 AM
Enjoyed the game,enjoy watching Suarez,hes really turning into a great player.
I just wish he wouldnt go down so often,slightest touch and hes gone,thing is
hes very strong and could turn anybody if he wanted,would rather see him
doing that ala Dalgleish.

Bad Martini
28-11-2011, 12:21 PM

Agree almost entirely other than there will never be another King Kenny (though the wee man does well, I must say and seeing him engineer three count em THREE goals against Man Ure was something to behold). Suarez will learn though and is young. Less pissing about on the floor and he could be up there with the very best. Red specs or not, he's some player.

WALK ON

Oh aye, and all these "sleeping" man city fans who nobody has seen til they had some cash and done something recently, "GIRFUY" I believe is the term. The record and steamrollering was gonna end somewhere. Let it be noted, Fortress Anfield it was :na na::na na: Walk on, as ah sais ya bass.

HibbyAndy
28-11-2011, 02:56 PM

Suarez is right up there with Nani as the most diving barsetward in the EPL.

Cringeworthy to watch.

Dashing Bob S
28-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Agree almost entirely other than there will never be another King Kenny (though the wee man does well, I must say and seeing him engineer three count em THREE goals against Man Ure was something to behold). Suarez will learn though and is young. Less pissing about on the floor and he could be up there with the very best. Red specs or not, he's some player.

WALK ON

Oh aye, and all these "sleeping" man city fans who nobody has seen til they had some cash and done something recently, "GIRFUY" I believe is the term. The record and steamrollering was gonna end somewhere. Let it be noted, Fortress Anfield it was :na na::na na: Walk on, as ah sais ya bass.

But your celebrating a home draw, while dyed-in-the-wool City fans like moi see it as a three-points-dropped disaster. I suspect you chaps will be 'walking on' into the Europa Cup at best.

Dashing Bob S
28-11-2011, 04:15 PM

Nonsense. Manchester United have been subjected to the most systematic and sustained abuse that any club in Britain has experienced - ooops, perhaps part from Celtic. And maybe Liverpool.

PISTOL1875
28-11-2011, 06:14 PM
How any Manure fan can ever complain about refs or there assistants is actually beyond me ????

Dashing Bob S
28-11-2011, 06:16 PM
How any Manure fan can ever complain about refs or there assistants is actually beyond me ????

Jealousy can do strange things to people.

PISTOL1875
28-11-2011, 06:18 PM
Jealousy can do strange things to people.

I find the complaints astonishing if I am being perfectly honest.. It is even more out of this world when you hear bacon puss moaning about them..

WHAT GOES AROUND COME AROUND YA DIRTY ****ERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dashing Bob S
28-11-2011, 06:22 PM
I find the complaints astonishing if I am being perfectly honest.. It is even more out of this world when you hear bacon puss moaning about them..

WHAT GOES AROUND COME AROUND YA DIRTY ****ERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Manchester United complaining that it's unfair that another club spends more money than they do - I'm fighting back the tears here.

PISTOL1875
28-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Manchester United complaining that it's unfair that another club spends more money than they do - I'm fighting back the tears here.

My heart bleeds for them.. Shower of *****...

Wotherspiniesta
28-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Bob, you're doing a cracking job here :top marks

Dashing Bob S
28-11-2011, 11:12 PM
Bob, you're doing a cracking job here :top marks

One tries.

HH81
28-11-2011, 11:13 PM
So we all agree Manchester city are the best team in the perm this season and will win the league?

PISTOL1875
28-11-2011, 11:15 PM
So we all agree Manchester city are the best team in the perm this season and will win the league?

You better believe it...

Hibbie_Cameron
28-11-2011, 11:18 PM

They seem to forget the Pedro Mendes "goal"

PISTOL1875
28-11-2011, 11:22 PM
They seem to forget the Pedro Mendes "goal"

It is called selective memory....

Dashing Bob S
28-11-2011, 11:28 PM

I'd say so at the moment. But it's a long season and WE'VE not adjusted fully to playing two big games week yet. OUR midfield looked tired against Liverpool. WE'VE had a great start and are excellent at turning over teams below us. The forthcoming Chelsea and Arsenal fixtures will be big games for US. If WE get past Christmas still five points ahead, I expect US to finish strongly. WE have lot of decent, experienced players with bottle, and will be in the market for some more come January. Most importantly, other teams, and not just the lower ones evidently fear US.

Sir David Gray
28-11-2011, 11:48 PM

Obviously up until now they've been the best side, they wouldn't be five points in front at the top of the league and 13 games undefeated if they weren't.

However, there's only been a third of the season played so far and there's a very long way to go.

Last season, at the same stage, Chelsea were at the top and obviously United ended up winning the title.

2009-10:Chelsea were top and Chelsea won the title.
2008-09:Chelsea were top and United won the title.
2007-08:Arsenal were top and United won the title.
2006-07:United were top and United won the title.

So out of the last five seasons, the team that has been top after 13 matches has gone on to be the champions on just two occasions.

What may go in City's favour is if they are knocked out of the Champions League next week (which looks almost inevitable) and they are left to concentrate on winning the league, whilst United get the point they need in Switzerland and they go on to compete on both fronts.

Also, something that I consider to be a very important point is that United are the team with all the experience of what it takes to win Premiership titles. They've been over that course so many times and in Sir Alex they have one of the most experienced managers in world football.

City are without doubt in with a chance this season, let's face it, with the squad that they've assembled, they should be looking to dominate.

Whether they will or not, really remains to be seen. I don't think it's anywhere near being a certainty that they'll win the title this season.

HH81
28-11-2011, 11:54 PM
Obviously up until now they've been the best side, they wouldn't be five points in front at the top of the league and 13 games undefeated if they weren't.

However, there's only been a third of the season played so far and there's a very long way to go.

Last season, at the same stage, Chelsea were at the top and obviously United ended up winning the title.

2009-10:Chelsea were top and Chelsea won the title.
2008-09:Chelsea were top and United won the title.
2007-08:Arsenal were top and United won the title.
2006-07:United were top and United won the title.

So out of the last five seasons, the team that has been top after 13 matches has gone on to be the champions on just two occasions.

What may go in City's favour is if they are knocked out of the Champions League next week (which looks almost inevitable) and they are left to concentrate on winning the league, whilst United get the point they need in Switzerland and they go on to compete on both fronts.

Also, something that I consider to be a very important point is that United are the team with all the experience of what it takes to win Premiership titles. They've been over that course so many times and in Sir Alex they have one of the most experienced managers in world football.

City are without doubt in with a chance this season, let's face it, with the squad that they've assembled, they should be looking to dominate.

Whether they will or not, really remains to be seen. I don't think it's anywhere near being a certainty that they'll win the title this season.

Are you saying if Manchester City are knocked out of the chmapions league and Manchester united arn't then if City win the league this will be the reason?

Lets not forget the last match finished Manchester United 1 Manchester city (going on 10) 6.

Sir David Gray
28-11-2011, 11:59 PM
Are you saying if Manchester City are knocked out of the chmapions league and Manchester united arn't then if City win the league this will be the reason?

Lets not forget the last match finished Manchester United 1 Manchester city (going on 10) 6.

I'm not saying it will be the sole reason but it will surely help their cause, if that's all they've really got to play for between now and May.

They won't be giving a monkeys about the Europa League.

HH81
29-11-2011, 12:16 AM
I'm not saying it will be the sole reason but it will surely help their cause, if that's all they've really got to play for between now and May.

They won't be giving a monkeys about the Europa League.

If both clubs didn't go through what would your excuse be then?

Sir David Gray
29-11-2011, 12:39 AM
If both clubs didn't go through what would your excuse be then?

Don't know but I'll think of something. :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-11-2011, 08:20 AM
Glory hunters! I'm off to The Riverside tonight to watch The Hammers!

HibbyAndy
29-11-2011, 10:02 AM
Any other team to win the league other than Man united.

Absolute despise Man u and Ferguson is a complete bawbag.

Scouse Hibee
29-11-2011, 10:21 AM

Nope.

Bad Martini
29-11-2011, 12:20 PM
But your celebrating a home draw, while dyed-in-the-wool City fans like moi see it as a three-points-dropped disaster. I suspect you chaps will be 'walking on' into the Europa Cup at best.

Im celebrating nothing Boab. Im merely stating that having seen the press for "Citehhhhh" you'd think they'd be adorning the pitch with Maradonna, Pele and Dalglish up front and would steamroller over everyone. To be fair, they have pretty much, so far.

This said, I recall you in times gone by spending more time ripping my team and going on about success and money than supporting and declaring your own teams' greatness? :confused:

That aside, it IS 3 points dropped for your mob. And dropped when WE (my lot) could have and should have taken the 3 points. Had it no been for some excellent goalkeeping, this would have been the case. Especially, at the end.

I digress anyway. The point is, ye couldnae steamroller us last time when Carroll destroyed ye (the most overrated and overpaid played at Anfield) and ye couldnae again. That says a lot for us rather than how poor you are. Maybe its no 3 points dropped but a fair point / 3 points WE should have taken, save for your keepers fine display.

Err, nuff said. Europa? Would be nice to add ANOTHER Uefa Cup to the FIVE, I say, F-I-V-E European Cups sitting in the Anfield Trophy Room, keeping the 18 titles and numerous FA Cups warm. :aok: ... if yer gonna quote European success and failure, ye best dae it with a European inferior team such as Man U, Chelsea, or in fact, everyone else eh :na na:

DALGLISH.....DALGLISH.....DALGLISH....DALGLISH.... .

WALK ON YA BASS

ENDOF

Skanko79
29-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Err, nuff said. Europa? Would be nice to add ANOTHER Uefa Cup to the FIVE, I say, F-I-V-E European Cups sitting in the Anfield Trophy Room, keeping the 18 titles and numerous FA Cups warm. :aok: ... if yer gonna quote European success and failure, ye best dae it with a European inferior team such as Man U, Chelsea, or in fact, everyone else eh :na na:

WALK ON YA BASS

ENDOF

Amother Liverpool fan talking about the past.......YAAAAWWWWN!!! :wink:

Take Suarez out the current Liverpool side and you would be near the bottom of the table.

Bad Martini
29-11-2011, 12:52 PM
Amother Liverpool fan talking about the past.......YAAAAWWWWN!!! :wink:

Take Suarez out the current Liverpool side and you would be near the bottom of the table.

Just shows ye the power of the number seven shirt :aok:

Drop Reina, we'd be feked for those game-saving saves, most notably against Chelski. Get rid of Johnson, and we'd never have scored the match winner at Stamford Bridge. Get rid of Adam, and there wid be nae pass to Johnson. Whilst at it, get rid of Carragher for (too many, countless) game saving tackles...and I mentioned even the useless Carroll dropped a couple of rakers past Citeeehhhhhh in the not so distant past. Indeed, Maxi rattled one it too and lest we forget the genius that is King Kenny Dalglish. Agreed, get rid of the lot of them, our coaches, Manager and general setup and we'd be royally donald ducked.

Fortunately the plan is to use yer best assetts and players, such as the wee man Suarez and not forgetting the genius of Kuyt who recently (again, this year) destroyed Man Ure....with Suarez.

This squad/team thing is braw man.

WALK ON :aok:

PISTOL1875
29-11-2011, 12:55 PM

Drop Reina, we'd be feked for those game-saving saves, most notably against Chelski. Get rid of Johnson, and we'd never have scored the match winner at Stamford Bridge. Get rid of Adam, and there wid be nae pass to Johnson. Whilst at it, get rid of Carragher for (too many, countless) game saving tackles...and I mentioned even the useless Carroll dropped a couple of rakers past Citeeehhhhhh in the not so distant past. Indeed, Maxi rattled one it too and lest we forget the genius that is King Kenny Dalglish. Agreed, get rid of the lot of them, our coaches, Manager and general setup and we'd be royally donald ducked.

Fortunately the plan is to use yer best assetts and players, such as the wee man Suarez and not forgetting the genius of Kuyt who recently (again, this year) destroyed Man Ure....with Suarez.

That little waiter didnt seem to know what position he was playing on Sunday. One thing he was sure about was running 30 yards to get Balotelli sent off...

Skanko79
29-11-2011, 12:55 PM

Do agree with Reina he is a quality keeper. Is Stevie G making a comeback this season? been hearing things that his career could be over?? :aok:

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Surely it was only 2 pts dropped!

PISTOL1875
29-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Do agree with Reina he is a quality keeper. Is Stevie G making a comeback this season? been hearing things that his career could be over?? :aok:

You think Reina is quality. ? He was a bombscare on Sunday. He didn't know if he was playing in goals , centre half or at even right back..

Skanko79
29-11-2011, 01:57 PM
You think Reina is quality. ? He was a bombscare on Sunday. He didn't know if he was playing in goals , centre half or at even right back..

Aye, i think he is a good keeper. May have had a shocker on sunday but is usually quite reliable.

Dashing Bob S
29-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Im celebrating nothing Boab. Im merely stating that having seen the press for "Citehhhhh" you'd think they'd be adorning the pitch with Maradonna, Pele and Dalglish up front and would steamroller over everyone. To be fair, they have pretty much, so far.

This said, I recall you in times gone by spending more time ripping my team and going on about success and money than supporting and declaring your own teams' greatness? :confused:

That aside, it IS 3 points dropped for your mob. And dropped when WE (my lot) could have and should have taken the 3 points. Had it no been for some excellent goalkeeping, this would have been the case. Especially, at the end.

I digress anyway. The point is, ye couldnae steamroller us last time when Carroll destroyed ye (the most overrated and overpaid played at Anfield) and ye couldnae again. That says a lot for us rather than how poor you are. Maybe its no 3 points dropped but a fair point / 3 points WE should have taken, save for your keepers fine display.

WALK ON YA BASS

ENDOF

:top marks