View Full Version : What players do you think Pat will sign in January

SteveHFC
27-11-2011, 12:51 AM
I hope he signs Killian Brennan and Eamon Zayed. :agree:

zero-seven
27-11-2011, 02:40 AM
ronaldo, rooney and messi ... silva, tevez, nani

but we would still be relegated because we have a crap defence

think he has to start there, then clean out the toothless midfield and attack ..

BEEJ
27-11-2011, 10:43 AM
I don't think its going to be as busy a window as we might hope.

We have less flexibility than in previous seasons. We will struggle to free ourselves of any of the existing squad without pay-offs as no-one's going to come in and make offers for them. And those that are in the last year of their contracts will just sit tight until their contracts are up in June.

Likely agenda?

1) Extend Griffiths loan deal.
2) Sign a CB and a full-back.
3) Pay-off for one player?
4) Welcome back a couple of the youngsters from loan - e.g. Crawford and Smith.
5) Assess where GO'C's future lies.

Of course, if by mid-January we still look like relegation fodder, the club may be forced to abandon the path of financial prudence and we might see more arrivals.

HibbyAndy
27-11-2011, 10:47 AM
Who he wants and who he gets is an entirely different ball game.

bingo70
27-11-2011, 11:11 AM
I hope he signs Killian Brennan and Eamon Zayed. :agree:

No offence but have you actually seen them play or are they just good on Football manager or have good stats?

Not a dig at yourself as i don't know if you even play FM but i always find it funny how a lot of people cream themselves over certain players because they're good on a computer game

Who he wants and who he gets is an entirely different ball game.

To be expected i suppose, unrealistic to expect to get all first choice targets, i hope if he doesn't get his first choice he doesn't just buy any old pish like previous managers have done although the fact CC tried to sign Sodje (i think), O'Hanlon and Osbourne previously and the fact he re-signed players that previously played for him like Agogo and Thornhill i wouldn't believe all the stories going around how Petrie supposedly bins the managers wish list and goes after his own targets.

I'm not actually arsed who he buys, with our budget i don't think there's a huge amount of difference between the players we have and could be signed and the difference is more about getting the most out of average players to get them playing above themselves.

I've not worked it out but i'd guess that maybe 1 in 5 signings we make will be good, the rest will just be pish and no better than we've got, in which case instead of another transfer window with a raft of signings i'd rather we maybe brought in one or two and just improved three or four of the squad the way Collins did with Hogg, Mccan, Stevenson, Benji etc....

greenlex
27-11-2011, 11:18 AM
I don't think its going to be as busy a window as we might hope.

We have less flexibility than in previous seasons. We will struggle to free ourselves of any of the existing squad without pay-offs as no-one's going to come in and make offers for them. And those that are in the last year of their contracts will just sit tight until their contracts are up in June.

Likely agenda?

1) Extend Griffiths loan deal.
2) Sign a CB and a full-back.
3) Pay-off for one player?
4) Welcome back a couple of the youngsters from loan - e.g. Crawford and Smith.
5) Assess where GO'C's future lies.

Of course, if by mid-January we still look like relegation fodder, the club may be forced to abandon the path of financial prudence and we might see more arrivals.
I think we will see some of the Irish lads in. They are out of contract and the ones he doesn't fancy already here on contracts finishing in the summer will be told to find new clubs if they can. If they can't they will just run their contracts down. I think the days of paying them off are over.