PDA

View Full Version : The Songs We Sing

sundo1875
26-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Right guys, not having a go at anyone here and I think the singing section are great, but I do think that we only sing about 3 different songs per game, hail hail, we are hibernian fc , we hate glasgow rangers etc, and they only last for about 40 seconds each, surely we could start singing better and longer songs that everyone could enjoy and would make our fans look great to every team we play

Elephant Stone
26-11-2011, 08:57 PM
New songs of the same caliber as those are definitely needed :agree:. Sunshine on Leith should be sung during games I reckon, hopefully when things are going better this could be done.

brianmc
26-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Think 'Sunshine' should only be sung with the tannoy accompaniment.
The spontaneous effort at the last home game was embarrassing-not trying to get personal with the singing section guys, but it's definitely all about the timing! Its not there most uplifting/ motivational song when things are going **** is it?

At The Edge
26-11-2011, 09:12 PM
More songs! No chance, the songs only get sung during the breaks between the booing and general abuse throwing at all things Hibs just now, that is why they only last 40 seconds, gives us enough time to draw another breath and search for another target to booooooooo.................:wink:

Seriously, there is plans to get the up to date song book out and about, a couple of oldies got started last Sat at ER which haven't been heard in a while, a new batch of songs have been suggested, check out the 12th man forum there is a thread in there about songs.

The recent climate at ER/Hibs has made it hard for all fans to be positive about Hibs, but with Paddy on board i think thats all going to change.

Anyway check out the thread and feel free to add to the ideas, don't shy :greengrin

:pfgwa

Elephant Stone
26-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Think 'Sunshine' should only be sung with the tannoy accompaniment.
The spontaneous effort at the last home game was embarrassing-not trying to get personal with the singing section guys, but it's definitely all about the timing! Its not there most uplifting/ motivational song when things are going **** is it?

Yeah I definitely agree, there would be nothing worse than hearing a half hearted attempt during a poor game. I think it would be good at the end of games heading towards a good win though, as the OP said the songs we've got don't last very long- SOL would be brilliant if sung properly at the right times.

Haymaker
27-11-2011, 12:12 AM
****ing write some then and ****ing belt them out.

Scouse Hibee
27-11-2011, 12:16 AM
****ing write some then and ****ing belt them out.

Is that the chorus? :greengrin

Haymaker
27-11-2011, 12:25 AM
Is that the chorus? :greengrin

It could be... maybe S43 could build one around it? :greengrin

Rossco1875
27-11-2011, 06:00 PM
New songs of the same caliber as those are definitely needed :agree:. Sunshine on Leith should be sung during games I reckon, hopefully when things are going better this could be done.

For at easter road i really do think hibs miss a trick here, SOL should be played in full before kick of as it would get everyone singing along. :flag:

Hibercelona
27-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Hibernian!.... Give us a goal!

Great uplifting song that for whatever crazy reason, we never seem to sing at ER.

Big Frank
27-11-2011, 06:42 PM
Right guys, not having a go at anyone here and I think the singing section are great, but I do think that we only sing about 3 different songs per game, hail hail, we are hibernian fc , we hate glasgow rangers etc, and they only last for about 40 seconds each, surely we could start singing better and longer songs that everyone could enjoy and would make our fans look great to every team we play

:agree:

hertz fans change any generic song and put hertz in it then call it a hertz song. bout time we did the same.

PatHead
27-11-2011, 08:03 PM
The best football songs are ones where everyone knows the tune and yet still make it original. Unfortunately I am no good at making up lyrics.

Having heard Grant Stott's version of That's Fife and with it being a Karioke favourite I am sure someone could come up with a new version of this song covering Hibs history, famous players and matches. Can't remember any other team adopting this tune so for any budding songwriters here is a challenge

.................................Thats Hibs