PDA

View Full Version : Patience

Kammy1875
26-11-2011, 08:35 PM
The abuse Billy Brown is getting is unreal although I'm delighted he won't be permanent manager.

Point is we could easily lose the next 4 games with the players we have. Pat won't be a miracle worker and will need time, a whole lot of time to turn the squad around.

We lose next week I appeal we give it a wee while, it will take a long time and for Pat to work his socks off to turn it round...and he will.

blackpoolhibs
26-11-2011, 08:39 PM
Ah, that word patience again. :rolleyes:

Betty Boop
26-11-2011, 08:42 PM
Ah, that word patience again. :rolleyes:

I knew you would be the first to reply ! :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
26-11-2011, 08:43 PM
I knew you would be the first to reply ! :greengrin

:greengrin

Sir David Gray
26-11-2011, 08:43 PM
As far as I'm concerned, Pat Fenlon needs two years to sort things out at the club. As long as we don't get relegated, I am willing to give him until the season after next before starting to judge him.

It just so happens that his contract expires at the end of that season.

Andy74
26-11-2011, 08:44 PM
What abuse is Brown getting?

hibsbollah
26-11-2011, 08:50 PM
As far as I'm concerned, Pat Fenlon needs two years to sort things out at the club. As long as we don't get relegated, I am willing to give him until the season after next before starting to judge him.It just so happens that his contract expires at the end of that season. Agree.Instead of being miserable about losing today, against a good side on form in the top four at their place, we should be optimistic. We have a new manager starting on Monday who speaks well and looks like he's up for a fight. Time to get behind the new team :flag:

Saorsa
26-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Agree.Instead of being miserable about losing today, against a good side on form in the top four at their place, we should be optimistic. We have a new manager starting on Monday who speaks well and looks like he's up for a fight. Time to get behind the new team :flag:New team, unfortunately not. He might be up for a fight but are they, will they ever be, dinnae look like they'd be up for a pillae fight, maist of them. I'll save the optimism until I see if he can make any improvement at all with this wretched shower.

frazeHFC
26-11-2011, 09:01 PM
What abuse is Brown getting? Today he got tons. you hearts bas etc

Sir David Gray
26-11-2011, 09:11 PM
New team, unfortunately not. He might be up for a fight but are they, will they ever be, dinnae look like they'd be up for a pillae fight, maist of them. I'll save the optimism until I see if he can make any improvement at all with this wretched shower.

I really don't see what he will be able to do with this current team. The next transfer window is January and we all know what we were told by the club last January about it not being the best time to make changes. Changes are what's required at the club and lots of them.

If we are not able to make wholesale changes in January, and I don't see us doing that, then we should probably write off the rest of this season and just hope for the best in terms of avoiding relegation.

Hiber-nation
26-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Today he got tons. you hearts bas etc

OK BB might love the sound of his own voice (having bumped into him a few times in Mussy after games on a Saturday I know too well) but he cares far more than half these jokers on the pitch. The abuse is absolutely ridiculous.

Kammy1875
26-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Today he got tons. you hearts bas etc

Yep, if you were there then you would hear. Unacceptable. :agree:

Massive job Paddy has on, we need to be with him every step of the road from now. :aok:

Saorsa
26-11-2011, 09:15 PM
I really don't see what he will be able to do with this current team. The next transfer window is January and we all know what we were told by the club last January about it not being the best time to make changes. Changes are what's required at the club and lots of them.

If we are not able to make wholesale changes in January, and I don't see us doing that, then we should probably write off the rest of this season and just hope for the best in terms of avoiding relegation.and another 400 quid

Kammy1875
26-11-2011, 09:18 PM
and another 400 quid

Blame the board for that DD, the should have got rid of ol Coco when it became apparent not only he was a pure gash manager but also he didn't want to be at the club.

It's the boards fault the position we find ourself in, we all know even 3 or 4 months out last year Coco was a dud, excpet that boy from the USA who backed Calderwood but didn't actually ever have to or go to games. :aok:

SMAXXA
26-11-2011, 09:25 PM
just throwing this out there but is there possible an increasing divide in the Hibs support these days? Reading some of these posts it seems apparent there are people that want to protest/chant agaisnt decisions by the club and we ridicule a number of things around what Hibs do. I dont know either way but from a personal view over the last few months ive found myseklf embarrassed with some of the things ive seen and read from some fans.

FFS come one for some fuds to be shouting ya hears **** etc is just a disgrace, some Hibs fans really make me cringe! (For the record I do think its a minority but still all the same I dont feel its right)

Saorsa
26-11-2011, 09:27 PM
Blame the board for that DD, the should have got rid of ol Coco when it became apparent not only he was a pure gash manager but also he didn't want to be at the club.

It's the boards fault the position we find ourself in, we all know even 3 or 4 months out last year Coco was a dud, excpet that boy from the USA who backed Calderwood but didn't actually ever have to or go to games. :aok:I do, dinnae worry about that, almost everything since the last cup win has been money doon the pan and they are responsible.

Kammy1875
26-11-2011, 09:32 PM
I do, dinnae worry about that, almost everything since the last cup win has been money doon the pan and they are responsible.

Sound man, what the team needs right now as well as the manager is a lot of support. We are shockingly bad and could go down, lets have no regrets and make sure we stay up :agree:

I agree with your position on the board too. For far too long they have gotten away with everything just because hearts are in the ****ter..... I couldn't give a **** about them, I want a good Hibernian, **** them. We are in deep ****, lets not make any mistake about this, in Perth today St Johnstone's of the world played as a team, we were a shambles as we have been all season apart from Garry wasn't there to bail (I know, wrong choice of words) us out.

Dashing Bob S
26-11-2011, 09:42 PM
I'm happy to give PF a couple of years of us not being where we want to be (Europe, regularly in semis/finals) if I can see steady improvement and signs of some kind of long-term game plan emerging. I saw nothing of the sort in Calderwood, and Yogi had lost it hopelessly by the end of his tenure.

I wasn't prepared to make that emotional investment in Calderwood, not just because he was, as a manager, exceptionally poor to the point of being peerless, but as I sensed no emotional investment by him in our club.

I don't get that vibe from Fenlon. His record and his behavior suggests a passionate, engaged manager, who knows he has a great opportunity to make his mark.

I know that we all have a lot of trepidation given our recent experiences with managers, but we forget that Hibs are in a strong position vis-a-vis the rest of Scottish football, and we should be casting aside that fear and anticipating some real progress and success again.

It's all very well to say that we're s-h-i-t-e, cause we are, but some passion and organization, a couple of key new signings, and different approaches to coaching and man-management can make, as they say, 'a hoor of a difference', particularly in a league as mediocre as the one we're in.

So I'm looking forward to seeing what PF can get out of our squad, what guys he'll bring in January, and what emerging talents from what looks like a decent youth side again, might be bloodied over the next few months.

We're due a turn with a manager, I think Pat Fenlon could be it. Onwards and upwards.

nortonhibby
26-11-2011, 09:52 PM
The abuse Billy Brown is getting is unreal although I'm delighted he won't be permanent manager.

Point is we could easily lose the next 4 games with the players we have. Pat won't be a miracle worker and will need time, a whole lot of time to turn the squad around.

We lose next week I appeal we give it a wee while, it will take a long time and for Pat to work his socks off to turn it round...and he will.

Jesus its like groundhog day we had the same posts about CC Yes he had plenty time and we are now in a worse state than when CC Took over.

hibs4life
26-11-2011, 11:13 PM
Jesus its like groundhog day we had the same posts about CC Yes he had plenty time and we are now in a worse state than when CC Took over.
It doesn't seem unreasonable to give the new manager some time given the dearth of quality in the current squad.
Also agree about the Billy Brown stuff, he took on a poor team and has displayed and communicated an understanding of our plight and a passion to resolve it. He might not be the man for the job but I wouldn't be too upset if he stayed as no2.

nortonhibby
26-11-2011, 11:21 PM
It doesn't seem unreasonable to give the new manager some time given the dearth of quality in the current squad.
Also agree about the Billy Brown stuff, he took on a poor team and has displayed and communicated an understanding of our plight and a passion to resolve it. He might not be the man for the job but I wouldn't be too upset if he stayed as no2.

Based on teflons recent history he has till the day before the next AGM.

Sammy7nil
26-11-2011, 11:23 PM
He does need time and he will get it.

However

Derek McInnes took over a Bristol City team with SIX they have 13 points out of the last 15 and beat the team at the top of the league today so lets expect a teeny weeny wee bit improvement next week.

The Falcon
26-11-2011, 11:26 PM
Have we had a poll to get rid of Fenlon yet?

PeeJay
27-11-2011, 08:46 AM
As far as I'm concerned, Pat Fenlon needs two years to sort things out at the club. As long as we don't get relegated, I am willing to give him until the season after next before starting to judge him.

Don't you think we should be able to judge him after only a few games - why two years? Too many people on this board (not fully representative, I know) were talking of giving CC two years to sort things out - it was obvious he had no clue and was unable to change things after only a few games.

Don't get me wrong: I do not expect PF to have us playing like a great team in a short space of time, but I do expect to see some tangible difference in the team's appearance on the park: how it is organised, motivated, how it functions (as a team), how they apply his tactics, higher work rate and so on - plus he obviously needs to sort out discipline issues. Surely there have to be clear signs after only a few games (and naturally the training sessions, which obviously need stepping up) that changes are afoot?

I'm not suggesting the task at hand won't take a few years to really sort us out, but if after a few weeks we see little to no change, then waiting two years won't make the difference either IMO. A good manager should be capable of achieving much bettter performances with this squad of players, if he knows what he is doing.

I wish him all the best and hope that he is the right trainer for us, but he won't be getting two years time from me (not that that really means anything in the grand scheme of things, I guess :greengrin).

The Falcon
27-11-2011, 08:54 AM
He does need time and he will get it.

However

Derek McInnes took over a Bristol City team with SIX they have 13 points out of the last 15 and beat the team at the top of the league today so lets expect a teeny weeny wee bit improvement next week.

Did Craig Brown not do something similar at Aberdeen? Initially?

Septimus
27-11-2011, 08:55 AM
Is it the intention for Fenlon to move to Edinburgh? Or will he wander off home after every match?

down-the-slope
27-11-2011, 09:15 AM
just throwing this out there but is there possible an increasing divide in the Hibs support these days? Reading some of these posts it seems apparent there are people that want to protest/chant agaisnt decisions by the club and we ridicule a number of things around what Hibs do. I dont know either way but from a personal view over the last few months ive found myseklf embarrassed with some of the things ive seen and read from some fans.

FFS come one for some fuds to be shouting ya hears **** etc is just a disgrace, some Hibs fans really make me cringe! (For the record I do think its a minority but still all the same I dont feel its right)

:agree: sadly correct...other than its not a minority its a significant part of our 'support'

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-11-2011, 10:19 AM
There can't be anyone associated with our club that isn't aware of the task facing Fenlon. He has to hit the ground running. With that in mind, I have managed to find a positive from that abject display yesterday. During that 90 minutes, Fenlon witnessed a standard Calderwood performance. Everything that is wrong on the football front was on show. Players out of position, lack of concentration, bad choices when in possesion, lack of fitness. This morning he knows what needs to be fixed.

hibsbollah
27-11-2011, 10:25 AM
I feel stubbornly optimistic. A new manager is in place, he starts tomorrow and things must and will change. Certainly the most positive ive felt about things since the O'Connor signing.

SouthamptonHibs
27-11-2011, 10:29 AM
PF won't be any good as the players are crap! Think about it if you are St midden, Super J's pars etc Hibs are a big scalp teams raise there games, our players are equal maybe worse than there's we raise our games v Celtic and Rangers but they have more quality so win most of the matches! We are doomed as our young players are crap are older lads are so one paced that they could play in my league on a sat! Good news Jan window coming up and we will be able to buy some quality hail hail

WindyMiller
27-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Is it the intention for Fenlon to move to Edinburgh? Or will he wander off home after every match?

They have planes that fly to Dublin now.:aok:

Captain Trips
27-11-2011, 03:19 PM

2 years? I think thats way to long, it seems Hibs need a lot longer than any other club to have the manager do well, it might have taken CC 2 years also but it wasnt working it will be same for Pat.

Like it or not no manager will get 2 years to start pulling it round, it is results that will determine how long he will get. Maybe although I doubt it after 2 years CC might have had every player and every position filled with exactly what he wanted but the results in getting there were not good enough.

If we can look into future and see in 2 years that we are doing really well but the first 2 are poor then ok, but we cant and he needs to unlike what CC did make this dross get results. CC made no difference when he came in as far as results maybe they were worse, I will judge Pat in same way, if he is right man he will at least improve on our results I am sick of the not his players excuses that hang around the excuses for results for way to long. They are not his players but he is not CC he needs to have us better, I am not suggesting a sudden burst of wins but I want to see a difference on park and with table.

Rossco1875
27-11-2011, 06:41 PM
the fans need to get of the players backs, they may not be playing as well as they can or to there full potential or they might not be good enough for hibernian football club to which the manger will decided in the next transfer window but the abuse coming from the stands towards the players is uncalled for, win lose or draw we should be supporting the team some of the abuse i have heard the last couple of weeks home and away I would not give to my worst enemy.