PDA

View Full Version : Think I know what needs to be done at Hibs!!

RIP
26-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Firstly have an owner who is not the chairman and isn't a Hibby. Then recruit a Chairman who also isn't a Hibby and has no track record at running a large successful business. Then recruit a MD who isn't a Hibby and has no background in football. I would appoint a non-football accountant to run the football operation and I would insist that the two main directors work twenty miles apart from Monday to Friday

Next up I would change the head coach (and his coaching team) every year paying five figure sums in compensation. I would also invite the new coach to replace the entire squad over a 12 month period without requiring any improvement in results first. The new guys would have to train hard from 10 am to 1.00 pm every second day and in what little time they had off, I would expect them to get out and about in the community by running around around George Street on a Friday or Saturday evening.

I would carefully avoid playing the same team in the same positions two weeks in a row for fear that the players might get bored. I would ignore the fact that our SPL rivals play direct, fast attacking football and instead I would persist with slow build up, 4-touch passing and players acting like statues off the ball.

I wouldn't ask the lads to practice the basics such as throw ins, crosses, free-kicks or shooting as I'd take it for granted that they are professional footballers. And finally I wouldn't expect fitness training in case the team got too tired to break out of a jog on a Saturday.

Finally I would ask the supporters to pick their own favourite hate figure at the club and spend the rest of their lives in a personal vendetta to drive them out of the club, preferably from their first day

SMAXXA
26-11-2011, 08:42 PM
Firstly have an owner who is not the chairman and isn't a Hibby. Then recruit a Chairman who also isn't a Hibby and has no track record at running a large successful business. Then recruit a MD who isn't a Hibby and has no background in football. I would appoint a non-football accountant to run the football operation and I would insist that the two main directors work twenty miles apart from Monday to Friday

Next up I would change the head coach (and his coaching team) every year paying five figure sums in compensation. I would also invite the new coach to replace the entire squad over a 12 month period without requiring any improvement in results first. The new guys would have to train hard from 10 am to 1.00 pm every second day and in what little time they had off, I would expect them to get out and about in the community by running around around George Street on a Friday or Saturday evening.

I would carefully avoid playing the same team in the same positions two weeks in a row for fear that the players might get bored. I would ignore the fact that our SPL rivals play direct, fast attacking football and instead I would persist with slow build up, 4-touch passing and players acting like statues off the ball.

I wouldn't ask the lads to practice the basics such as throw ins, crosses, free-kicks or shooting as I'd take it for granted that they are professional footballers. And finally I wouldn't expect fitness training in case the team got too tired to break out of a jog on a Saturday.

Finally I would ask the supporters to pick their own favourite hate figure at the club and spend the rest of their lives in a personal vendetta to drive them out of the club, preferably from their first day

:yawn::yawn:

Alfred E Newman
26-11-2011, 09:43 PM

You don`t mention "Cakes on Friday". Are you not going to allow the hard working players a little treat now and then?

Sammy7nil
26-11-2011, 10:40 PM

It might just work :wink:

RIP
27-11-2011, 02:53 AM
I wis a bit down after trying to sing my way through another poor game :greengrin

DAVE1875
27-11-2011, 03:14 AM
£1 for every time I've heard someone say the thread title I could pay for a season ticket as well as match-day lunch

Jones28
27-11-2011, 09:28 AM

Hmm...sounds oddly familiar :aok:

Seveno
27-11-2011, 08:13 PM
Hmm...sounds oddly familiar :aok:

A pretty fair analysis apart from the first couple of lines.

To say that the man whose family were involved in founding our club, and who saved us from extinction, is not a Hibby is quite insulting to the man.

Secondly, I met RP long before he was involved with Hibs when he was a successful Merchant Banker and probably earning much more than he is now. He was a Hibby then and I have no reason to assume that he has changed his allegiances.