PDA

View Full Version : Billy Brown - Post Match Interview

BEEJ
26-11-2011, 06:29 PM
Key messages:

"rank poor defending"
"poor resilience"
"no concentration"

Pat Fenlon has "a massive task ahead of him"; "we can't defend properly"; "team not good enough".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/15906236.stm

nortonhibby
26-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Key messages:

"rank poor defending"
"poor resilience"
"no concentration"

Pat Fenlon has "a massive task ahead of him"; "we can't defend properly"; "team not good enough".

Looks like it could be :taxi For BB.

WindyMiller
26-11-2011, 06:39 PM
Key messages:

"rank poor defending"
"poor resilience"
"no concentration"

Heard it on the way home and can't disagree with the man.

I hope Pat's got plenty of enthusiasm for the job, he'll need it.

Their confidence is so low they can't defend a lead, nor keep the pressure on their opponents.

ronaldo7
26-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Just like you billy.

Sammy7nil
26-11-2011, 06:42 PM
Well at least we learned Billy is not the man for job.
Two weeks working with them and if we had lost 6 or 7 goals today it would have been fair.
Why do we persist with Hanlon at left back?

TheEastTerrace
26-11-2011, 06:47 PM
I'm more concerned about the content of his interview than whether he was or wasn't the man for the top job. Fact is, he's been around the Scottish game long enough to spot a bunch of diddies and nothing that he said about the current crop in that interview inspires any confidence in these players. I hope people don't expect Fenlon to be a miracle worker just because he had a tight budget for a time at Bohemians, although a start would be for him to have his own people in and let him get rid of any coaches he doesn't want.

Players need a bloody reality check though. Jesus.

PeterboroHibee
26-11-2011, 06:49 PM
Well at least we learned Billy is not the man for job.
Two weeks working with them and if we had lost 6 or 7 goals today it would have been fair.

Didnt particularly want Brown to get the job but 2 weeks working with a team isnt exactly much, and especially in defence, there isnt much to work with.

Quite happy hes come out and said what he did, too often there is the same old excuses and bull**** about positives from the games, at least hes willing to say they arent good enough and the defending is shocking (not that that solves anything, but at least theres some honesty for a change).

Andy74
26-11-2011, 06:50 PM
I think now it's pretty clear that CC has left a far bigger mess than any of the previous managers including have no back 4 to speak of and so Fenlon does need to be given some time.

It's a pity we probably can't really move people put in January. We really need a back 4 and a creative player. At least!

1875 NO 1
26-11-2011, 06:51 PM
I'm more concerned about the content of his interview than whether he was or wasn't the man for the top job. Fact is, he's been around the Scottish game long enough to spot a bunch of diddies and nothing that he said about the current crop in that interview inspires any confidence in these players. I hope people don't expect Fenlon to be a miracle worker just because he had a tight budget for a time at Bohemians, although a start would be for him to have his own people in and let him get rid of any coaches he doesn't want.

Players need a bloody reality check though. Jesus.

to shake them up tell 2 or 3. dont come back get a new club in january.

and same applies to anybody in the backroom.

and scott lyndsay................an accountant running the football dept........................

and promote ross caldwell to the 1st team squad

BEEJ
26-11-2011, 06:53 PM
I think now it's pretty clear that CC has left a far bigger mess than any of the previous managers including have no back 4 to speak of and so Fenlon does need to be given some time.
But only as much time as Yogi was given, presumably. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
26-11-2011, 06:58 PM
Talk about stating the obvious.

That was dire stuff today, really woeful and I really fear for us this season. Fenlon has an absolutely massive job on his hands trying to change things around at the club, so much so that I actually think that it could take him two years before we see any serious improvement.

Things really are that bad and I honestly can't say for certain that we won't be relegated this year.

I see no signs of encouragement at all.

Crab apple
26-11-2011, 06:58 PM

It's a pity we probably can't really move people put in January. We really need a back 4 and a creative player. At least!

:agree:Andy I've said in a number of other posts that to start the season with the defenders we had was a recipe for relegation. Either Coco was too busy examining his sweeties or RP was reluctant to approve more signings. Even in the pre season game at Berwick (when O'hanlon wasn't playing) the defence looked dodgy. We are soft as *****. Pat Fenlon needs to sort this as a priority.

Feed McGraw
26-11-2011, 06:59 PM

Not clear to me. Same mess now as when Hughes left, it`s just that CC could not fix it. Wasn`t rocket science either, a new back four was required, a good one mind, but a new one all the same.

IWasThere2016
26-11-2011, 07:00 PM
But only as much time as Yogi was given, presumably. :greengrin

That made me chuckle :greengrin

TheEastTerrace
26-11-2011, 07:00 PM
Talk about stating the obvious.

That was dire stuff today, really woeful and I really fear for us this season. Fenlon has an absolutely massive job on his hands trying to change things around at the club, so much so that I actually think that it could take him two years before we see any serious improvement.

Things really are that bad and I honestly can't say for certain that we won't be relegated this year.

I see no signs of encouragement at all.

I think there's every chance we could go down this season. Wholesale changes are required.

blackpoolhibs
26-11-2011, 07:03 PM
I just despair at what Calderclown has done with this team. He had a chance in the summer to bring in a defence, but no he brings in one powder puff central defender.

He had a chance to bring in a midfield, but no he actually makes that part of the team worse.

Fenlon has been left right in the sheite.

IWasThere2016
26-11-2011, 07:05 PM
Not clear to me. Same mess now as when Hughes left, it`s just that CC could not fix it. Wasn`t rocket science either, a new back four was required, a good one mind, but a new one all the same.

:agree: Yogi left a mess, as has CC. We were nearer the bottom of the league under Hughes also (#74 conveniently and repeatedly forgets this)

nortonhibby
26-11-2011, 07:14 PM
I just despair at what Calderclown has done with this team. He had a chance in the summer to bring in a defence, but no he brings in one powder puff central defender.

He had a chance to bring in a midfield, but no he actually makes that part of the team worse.

New players are a priority in all Honesty if Alex Ferguson was on board as of Monday with these players what could he do.
Above all we must give PF Time to sort this mess out its like he has been given a bad hand at a poker table.
We are left with a mixture of Yogis team mixed in with CCs Lot, what a mess to sort out.

Andy74
26-11-2011, 07:19 PM
:agree: Yogi left a mess, as has CC. We were nearer the bottom of the league under Hughes also (#74 conveniently and repeatedly forgets this)

This team is worse and when you consider the opportunity he had with the number of players he was able to move on this is a bigger mess with less of an excuse.

loanheadhibby
26-11-2011, 07:46 PM
New players are a priority in all Honesty if Alex Ferguson was on board as of Monday with these players what could he do.
Above all we must give PF Time to sort this mess out its like he has been given a bad hand at a poker table.
We are left with a mixture of Yogis team mixed in with CCs Lot, what a mess to sort out.

Lets hope PF is up to the job cos if he is not we are in big trouble.

We can blame managers/coaches/directors but at the end of the day the players are rank rotten.

Beefster
26-11-2011, 07:56 PM

Because he's undroppable and even more of a liability at centre half.

brydekirk
26-11-2011, 07:57 PM
Looks like it could be :taxi For BB. Apart from that, the mans telling the truth, thats what worries me.

Wheat Hound
26-11-2011, 08:03 PM
Calderwood deserves shooting for the mess he has created. Just when you think we have reached a new nadir, the following Saturday is somehow even worse. That performance tody was utterly, utterly woeful and befitting of a relegation side. Without doubt (and I know this is often said) th worst Hibs side I have ever seen in my 25 yrs of watching Hibs. For the first time in my Hibs life, there is not one player I would be sad to lose.

If Pat Fenlon can achieve 11th this season, that will be success. I would keep the young lads (who at least have the potential to improve) i.e. Hanlon, Wotherspoon, Booth and perhaps Osbourne and Griffiths (if possible) but the rest I would happily bin.

carnoustiehibee
26-11-2011, 08:04 PM
Didnt particularly want Brown to get the job but 2 weeks working with a team isnt exactly much, and especially in defence, there isnt much to work with.

Quite happy hes come out and said what he did, too often there is the same old excuses and bull**** about positives from the games, at least hes willing to say they arent good enough and the defending is shocking (not that that solves anything, but at least theres some honesty for a change).

It's worked for Derek mcinness, he knew for the last few weeks working with hibs that the defence was murder but he still last week and without hart today went out with the same defence. Bb was the only candidate who got a match to prove himself and he didn't. If he wanted to make his Mark today there woulda been more than 3 changes, 2 of which were forced. I'd start playing the kids and let this team rot. Is there anychance calderwood can get tried at the hague for crime against football ?

jdships
26-11-2011, 08:06 PM

Can't fault what you write :top marks
My worry is we are now back ,basically, in the same position as we have been with every one of the last five managers .
" We really need a back 4 and a creative player"
How many times has that phrase been written on a post on this forum in the past five years ?
A lot of posters see themselves as "football manager's " and I am seriously beginning to wonder if " Hibs Net" is where our next manger should come from :greengrin:wink:

Badge
26-11-2011, 08:09 PM
i like BB for being honest with us but at the end of the day he was never going to get the the job. If I was PF I would empty the lot and bring my own guys in. Oh and please finfd a place for BOOZY because I think we need like him on our coaching staff

HFC 0-7
26-11-2011, 08:14 PM

We were not nearer the bottom of the league when Yogi left than when Calderwood left. I think we were 9th when CC left 2 points above bottom spot and we were 9th under Hughes but 4 points above bottom spot.

SMAXXA
26-11-2011, 08:19 PM
i like BB for being honest with us but at the end of the day he was never going to get the the job. If I was PF I would empty the lot and bring my own guys in. Oh and please finfd a place for BOOZY because I think we need like him on our coaching staff

Why because he goes daft when comentating on a Hibs game, have a word with yourself man!! I could go just as daft with more passion but just in a Scottish accent, why does he have the credentials to be on our coaching staff?

As for the interview with BB, he has said what we all know, for the record I like BB and anyone that comes and slates him on here for the last 2 games need to have a think, am no saying he was the man for the job and for me he wasnt but I also find it so refreshing for someone with at least a bit authority at ER to come out and state what we as fans all see every week. This isnt the mans failings cause he couldnt change things in the last few weeks, he has carried on with dignity and for that I thank BB for what he has done and well tried to do with a bunch of absalute jokers.

Big job Paddy but you will get full support from me and I imagine the majority of Hibs fans.

Kammy1875
26-11-2011, 08:21 PM
It's all Colin Calderwoods mess. He can **** right off. Hate the man and the urine he extracted.

Sir David Gray
26-11-2011, 08:24 PM
For me, one of the most worrying comments that I have heard for a while didn't come from anyone related to Hibs and it didn't come from anyone who was at Perth today.

It actually came from the BBC match summariser at Tynecastle who stated that Inverness didn't play today like a team that is bottom of the league. We have been playing that way, bar one or two notable exceptions, for months now. It's surely just a matter of time before it all catches up with us.

Kammy1875
26-11-2011, 08:26 PM
For me, one of the most worrying comments that I have heard for a while didn't come from anyone related to Hibs and it didn't come from anyone who was at Perth today.

It actually came from the BBC match summariser at Tynecastle who stated that Inverness didn't play today like a team that is bottom of the league. We have been playing that way, bar one or two notable exceptions, for months now. It's surely just a matter of time before it all catches up with us.

On the bright side Falkirk the bird from N Dubz would get it big time, Tullisa maybe? :thumbsup:

ronaldo7
26-11-2011, 08:28 PM
Why because he goes daft when comentating on a Hibs game, have a word with yourself man!! I could go just as daft with more passion but just in a Scottish accent, why does he have the credentials to be on our coaching staff?
As for the interview with BB, he has said what we all know, for the record I like BB and anyone that comes and slates him on here for the last 2 games need to have a think, am no saying he was the man for the job and for me he wasnt but I also find it so refreshing for someone with at least a bit authority at ER to come out and state what we as fans all see every week. This isnt the mans failings cause he couldnt change things in the last few weeks, he has carried on with and for that I thank BB for what he has done and well tried to do with a bunch of absalute jokers.

Big job Paddy but you will get full support from me and I imagine the majority of Hibs fans.

He doesn't have the credentials to manage our club end of.

He played with one stiker in our last two games in a 4-5-1, Not good enough for me.

The quicker paddy gets his own men into the club, the better for me.

SMAXXA
26-11-2011, 08:30 PM
He doesn't have the credentials to manage our club end of.

He played with one stiker in our last two games in a 4-5-1, Not good enough for me.

The quicker paddy gets his own men into the club, the better for me.

Read the thread and recomment (Im talking about Boozy ya dingle) End of :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
26-11-2011, 08:30 PM
Calderwood deserves shooting for the mess he has created. Just when you think we have reached a new nadir, the following Saturday is somehow even worse. That performance tody was utterly, utterly woeful and befitting of a relegation side. Without doubt (and I know this is often said) th worst Hibs side I have ever seen in my 25 yrs of watching Hibs. For the first time in my Hibs life, there is not one player I would be sad to lose.

If Pat Fenlon can achieve 11th this season, that will be success. I would keep the young lads (who at least have the potential to improve) i.e. Hanlon, Wotherspoon, Booth and perhaps Osbourne and Griffiths (if possible) but the rest I would happily bin.

As bad as the side that went down in 97/98 certainly. At least Fenlon will have a transfer window to tr to sort things out.

Sir David Gray
26-11-2011, 08:32 PM
We were not nearer the bottom of the league when Yogi left than when Calderwood left. I think we were 9th when CC left 2 points above bottom spot and we were 9th under Hughes but 4 points above bottom spot.

We were 10th when Hughes left and 9th when Calderwood left.

We were 1 point above bottom spot when Hughes went and 2 points above bottom spot when Calderwood went.

However, we were only 7 matches into the season when Hughes went and 14 matches had been played when Calderwood was sacked.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-11-2011, 08:39 PM
Maybe that stuffy 4-5-1 was an attempt by Brown to try and get a point a game, which would be enough to keep us up by the season end. But based on what we saw today, we need to find out what the coaches are doing with the players in our much trumpeted facilities. Not set piece training, that is for sure. Not fitness training because they were all at least a yard behind the Saints players. The football plan seemed to be tested by Stack and Brown in the warm up, when each of them tried to boot it as far up the park as possible. In fact, as a drill, that worked like clockwork. Any time we had a by kick or Stack got the ball in his hands, it was like we had 30 seconds to get as many players in their box as possible and then blooter. The idea has to ge to replace the coaches as not fit for purpose.

joebakerforever
26-11-2011, 08:46 PM
For a change we had an honest assessment of the current situation, unlike the pretentious spin that Petrie came out in yesterday's radio interview.

No way would I defend CC or Hughes, but you have to wonder if the budget constraints placed upon them by the Board has resulted in those managers first choices of new faces being vetoed, thereby resulting in them scraping the barrel for imports, and not unsurprisingly ending up with dross that we now have.

Unless Fenlon is given a meaningful budget now to try and rectify this dire situation in January, relegation is a distinct possibility.

nortonhibby
26-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Lets hope PF is up to the job cos if he is not we are in big trouble.

We can blame managers/coaches/directors but at the end of the day the players are rank rotten.

Agreed put where is the passion and desire to play for the jersey ? Ian Murray aside there is no one else with the passion.
From whats left off the Yogi Mess CC Made it worse and naffed off to his cushy new number.

Beefster
26-11-2011, 08:50 PM
It's all Colin Calderwoods mess. He can **** right off. Hate the man and the urine he extracted.

No need for this sort of pish. The man tried to do a job and was found wanting. It happens.

ronaldo7
26-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Read the thread and recomment (Im talking about Boozy ya dingle) End of :greengrin

My Bad:rolleyes

NAE NOOKIE
26-11-2011, 08:52 PM
Its simple.

Either the coaches are decent and we have a bunch of rubbish players who cant listen to or put into practice any sort of game plan with regard to style of play, defending, taking set pieces etc etc.

Or, we have a set of decent players and a load of rubbish coaches.

Or we have rubbish players and bad coaches.

If its the last one I hope PF has a decent get out cause in his contract coz this poisoned chalice he has decided to sup from could put paid to any plans he may have had to go far in the game.

If he wants to keep his job and any credability he has in the game he should ship as many of them as he can and use any meagre budget he can squeeze out of the tache to bring in his own men and the sooner the better.

Wheat Hound
26-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Been said before but I did note that there was a horrible atmosphere throughout the Hibs end with numerous fans arguing loudly with each other, particularly in the first half (I think after the 3rd goal, the increasingly worrying levels of apathy and gallows humour had taken over).

I hope that everyone can unite behind Pat Fenlon and give the man time to deal with the horrible mess he has inherited.:pfgwa

The Harp Awakes
26-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Its simple.

Either the coaches are decent and we have a bunch of rubbish players who cant listen to or put into practice any sort of game plan with regard to style of play, defending, taking set pieces etc etc.

Or, we have a set of decent players and a load of rubbish coaches.

Or we have rubbish players and bad coaches.If its the last one I hope PF has a decent get out cause in his contract coz this poisoned chalice he has decided to sup from could put paid to any plans he may have had to go far in the game.

If he wants to keep his job and any credability he has in the game he should ship as many of them as he can and use any meagre budget he can squeeze out of the tache to bring in his own men and the sooner the better.

I think we need a clear out of mammoth proportions in both coaching and playing staff. The mindset and attitude of the players at our Club is so bad it has to be something to do with the coaching. The biggest example of this for me is Victor Palsson. He came to the Club from Liverpool last season and looked a stand out and we were all wondering how we were going to hold onto him. 10 months on he's a shadow of the player he was and nowhere near the first team, which is one of our poorest for decades. Something is rotten to the core at Hibs and Fenlon will have to work miracles to turn things around.

Other examples include Hanlon and Wotherspoon. Both look decent in the Scotland U21 team but when they play for Hibs their form is usually poor.

JoeT_WasTheBest
26-11-2011, 09:27 PM
For a change we had an honest assessment of the current situation, unlike the pretentious spin that Petrie came out in yesterday's radio interview.

No way would I defend CC or Hughes, but you have to wonder if the budget constraints placed upon them by the Board has resulted in those managers first choices of new faces being vetoed, thereby resulting in them scraping the barrel for imports, and not unsurprisingly ending up with dross that we now have.

Unless Fenlon is given a meaningful budget now to try and rectify this dire situation in January, relegation is a distinct possibility.

They still had more money to play with than teams like St Johnstone, Motherwell and Killie and yet all of them are better than we are. Fourth biggest budget in the league apparently, but not being used properly by too many managers IMHO.

silverhibee
26-11-2011, 09:40 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if BB is emptying his locker on Monday morning.

Alfred E Newman
26-11-2011, 09:53 PM

I never saw Billy Brown as the man to get the club back to where we should be but he is blameless as far as this mess is concerned. Nothing he said in his interview wasn`t true.

ronaldo7
26-11-2011, 10:08 PM

:pray:Along with the rest of the backroom staff.

SMAXXA
26-11-2011, 10:11 PM
:pray:Along with the rest of the backroom staff.

I wouldnt expect the wholesale changes behind the sceenes some may think!

silverhibee
26-11-2011, 10:16 PM
I wouldnt expect the wholesale changes behind the sceenes some may think!

I would, the changes will be made, after BB leaves this week Evans will be out the door soon after him.

BEEJ
26-11-2011, 10:17 PM
This team is worse and when you consider the opportunity he had with the number of players he was able to move on this is a bigger mess with less of an excuse.
CC 'moved on' 24 players, including the failed Phil Airey after the shortest of loan deals.

Yogi moved on 25.

Equal failures in my book.

SMAXXA
26-11-2011, 10:19 PM
I would, the changes will be made, after BB leaves this week Evans will be out the door soon after him.

How are you so sure? I would go as far as saying I think you will be wrong, do you honestkly think PF has a team of 3-4 staff waiting in the wings to bring in?

Aldo
26-11-2011, 10:19 PM
Please please please we have to remember one thing that Pat Fenlon can only piss with the one he has till Jan ( unless he can bring some freebies in)

Let's give him some time cos Calder clown has ****ed us up.

stubru59
26-11-2011, 10:23 PM

Only problem with that line of thought is it doesn't explain how the Motherwell's, St Mirren's, and St Johnstone's of this world are managing to do it.

Saorsa
26-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Only problem with that line of thought is it doesn't explain how the Motherwell's, St Mirren's, and St Johnstone's of this world are managing to do it.Maybe it's not the overall size of the budget that's the problem but too much limitation/interference on how it is spent?

Sioux
26-11-2011, 10:59 PM

Yet another myth made up by the mesasge board community and regurgitated as fact.

AFKA5814_Hibs
26-11-2011, 11:04 PM
What Brown meant to say was 'We're ***** and we know we are, we're ***** and we know we are...."

Fair enough assessment from someone who's likely to be on the dole on Monday morning.

Yogi and Clueless Colin have left Hibs in a shocking position, hopefully Saint Patrick can help us out. :pray:

connerg
26-11-2011, 11:43 PM
Key messages:

"rank poor defending"
"poor resilience"
"no concentration"

Aye very good Billy, you've been with us since the 2-2 draw with Dunfermline away. Not seen much of your fist punching your palm on the touch line since that game! Did you try to sort it out? Or lets blame somebody else?
Away you go and have a nice wee cosy lunch with JJ and talk about your derby record.

basehibby
27-11-2011, 02:54 AM

:agree: Calderwood actually managed to take a team that was underperforming decidedly backwards during his tenure - we are paper thin in defence and totally lack creativity in midfield.

Under Calderwood we saw the influential (when he could be bothered) Bamba and much criticised Hogg depart to be replaced by one player in O'Hanlon who is certainly no better than Hogg from what I've seen.

We also saw Zemamma and Liam Miller - two highly rated if somewhat inconsistent creative midfielders - depart with only the so far virtually anonymous Thornhill coming in - when you add it all up it is no bloody wonder we're in such an unholy mess.

It all leaves me scratching my head as to how on earth we have manged to assemble such a half baked and inadequate squad of players from what is reported to be the fourth best budget in the league. :confused::confused::confused:

Dashing Bob S
27-11-2011, 03:57 AM
I'll give Fenlon time, only because the Calderwood appointment was a disaster of monumental proportions. No progress whatsoever was made during his tenure. Thanks for the 3-0 win at Ibrox, it was achieved at the price of up the c-l-u-b.

hibiedude
27-11-2011, 06:22 AM
Billy’s comments regarding the team are 100% correct which was miles away from the after match comments Calderwood gave us after our latest defeat when he was in charge.

The fans love honesty from a manager when he does his after match interview and BB certainly gave us that and his words is nothing new to the us because we have known this for the last 2-3 season.

Fenlon starts his word Monday and the concern for me is “experience” because BB has seen and done in the Scottish game for the last 20 years and PF needs to do something different with the same players at least till the transfer window open in January- so what can he change “now” that BB missed.

Spike Mandela
27-11-2011, 07:01 AM

:agree::worried:

Andy74
27-11-2011, 08:14 AM
Victor Palsson tweeted last night that he was happy to be back in the squad and will keep working hard to get back in.

Try starting to work hard!

down-the-slope
27-11-2011, 08:40 AM

:agree: what i expect...A manager is only 1 part (all be it a big one) of what is needed to get a club functioning on the playing side, Coaches / assistants / physios / dietitians etc etc need to be pulling in same direction

CC had Adams / then No Asst / then BB....and all the same other backroom staff as previous incumbants...not a great way to get things you want ingrained to the culture.

A manager cannot be fully hands on involved in every area (the way some think they should scout / sign players / negotiate contracts / train squad / arrange personal training plans / review video / watch opponents etc etc.....) and need a team that he has confidence in progressing his ideas and way of working when he cant be in 5 places at once....

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-11-2011, 08:59 AM
For as much as there are questions about Fenlon's knowldedge about Scottish football, I would say that he can resolve this by trying to take in as many games as possible and getting a firm hand on the scouting system and poring over the information. But in terms of this being a huge weakness for him, I think that is horsefeathers. Look at the way we played at McDiarmid and the nursery school errors we made. The fix is the same whether it is EPL, La Liga, Seria A or the SPL.

SquashedFrogg
27-11-2011, 09:17 AM

Can we please stop this fascination for bringing back ex-players. That's one of the reasons we're in this mess.

A passionate commentary doesn't guarantee he'll be any good. In fact recent history proves it doesn't work.

We need a complete clear out from top to bottom. :cb

Golden Bear
27-11-2011, 09:26 AM
Billy Brown's post match comments in today's SundayPost:-

"At the end of the day the players have not been doing it and they need to stand up and be counted. I told them at half time their jobs are on the line.

Hibs are a big club and they shouldn't be in this position but they are because they've just not done well enough.

You can sack every Manager you want. But if it's the same players, getting the same results, they've got to get their fingers out their backsides and start doing something.

It's a difficult task. I don't want to be a doom and gloom merchant but you can't kid anybody on. It's going to be difficult to turn this around but not impossible."

Words of wisdom from Billy and he's summed up the current malaise absolutely perfectly.

Eyrie
27-11-2011, 10:24 AM
Words of wisdom from Billy and he's summed up the current malaise absolutely perfectly.
Given that Brown is expected to be gone by this time tomorrow it's easy for him to be honest as he won't have to face the players again. That said, I suspect he's been equally blunt with them in training. The players may have felt they could screen him out since he was never a serious candidate for the job, but from what we've heard about Fenlon the new boss is not the type to be messed around.

carnoustiehibee
27-11-2011, 11:20 AM

"At the end of the day the players have not been doing it and they need to stand up and be counted. I told them at half time their jobs are on the line.

Hibs are a big club and they shouldn't be in this position but they are because they've just not done well enough.

You can sack every Manager you want. But if it's the same players, getting the same results, they've got to get their fingers out their backsides and start doing something.

It's a difficult task. I don't want to be a doom and gloom merchant but you can't kid anybody on. It's going to be difficult to turn this around but not impossible."

but he had a chance to pick a totally different team yesterday and last week but didnt. after working with the squad for two weeks he got nothing extra outa them so im glad he didnt get the job

Golden Bear
27-11-2011, 11:51 AM
but he had a chance to pick a totally different team yesterday and last week but didnt. after working with the squad for two weeks he got nothing extra outa them so im glad he didnt get the job

Regardless of whom he picked to play yesterday, the result would have ended up the same. The players are more or less all of the same standard and that standard falls well short of satisfactory.

carnoustiehibee
27-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Regardless of whom he picked to play yesterday, the result would have ended up the same. The players are more or less all of the same standard and that standard falls well short of satisfactory.

what i meant was that derek mcinnes has had a reaction straight away with the same players as before. bb didnt get any reaction from being the new guy and doing things differently. why not play 1 or 2 u19 players, sodje, booth welsh etc.

Golden Bear
27-11-2011, 12:04 PM
what i meant was that derek mcinnes has had a reaction straight away with the same players as before. bb didnt get any reaction from being the new guy and doing things differently. why not play 1 or 2 u19 players, sodje, booth welsh etc.

Perhaps. But I'm more convinced than ever that it's not a case that the squad is underperforming but more a case of them being utterly crap.

Sadly.

Beefster
27-11-2011, 12:07 PM
Perhaps. But I'm more convinced than ever that it's not a case that the squad is underperforming but more a case of them being utterly crap.

Sadly.

Agreed. The sooner everyone realises that the better.

Sir David Gray
27-11-2011, 02:28 PM

What he says here is absolutely spot on but he'll know that, the chances are, he'll be leaving the club over the next 48 hours or so and therefore it's much easier to stick the boot in and be brutally honest.

If he thought he would be sticking around, I don't think he would be saying stuff like this.

hibsbollah
27-11-2011, 02:55 PM
Agreed. The sooner everyone realises that the better. Alternatively they might just hold a different view.

Cropley10
27-11-2011, 04:54 PM

As for the interview with BB, he has said what we all know, for the record I like BB and anyone that comes and slates him on here for the last 2 games need to have a think, am no saying he was the man for the job and for me he wasnt but I also find it so refreshing for someone with at least a bit authority at ER to come out and state what we as fans all see every week. This isnt the mans failings cause he couldnt change things in the last few weeks, he has carried on with dignity and for that I thank BB for what he has done and well tried to do with a bunch of absalute jokers.

Spot on. I'm delighted BB has come out and told it exactly as it is. Unlike PF he kens the Scottish game and we've seen what happened with CC when he didn't.

I was told by someone who'd met BB recently that our players were "a good bunch of lads, enthusiastic but just not good enough"

We NEED someone who knows our opposition on the payroll IMHO.