PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Fishing Going On

CentreLine
26-11-2011, 06:22 PM
It seems to me that there are an extraordinary number of threads appearing on here specifically aimed at promoting a negative slant on our club. I am not sure if this is hahahahearts fans or bad journalists trying to provoke a reaction but I am certain it cannot be Hibs fans. After all, what fan of the club would want to encourage negativity about our own club and especially what supporter of the club would want to run down our new manager before he has even met the players?

FranckSuzy
26-11-2011, 06:26 PM
It seems to me that there are an extraordinary number of threads appearing on here specifically aimed at promoting a negative slant on our club. I am not sure if this is hahahahearts fans or bad journalists trying to provoke a reaction but I am certain it cannot be Hibs fans. After all, what fan of the club would want to encourage negativity about our own club and especially what supporter of the club would want to run down our new manager before he has even met the players?

:agree: These posters (all self-proclaimed long suffering Hibs fans) seemed to have waited till now to sign up to the site also. :hmmm:

RIP
26-11-2011, 06:37 PM

Sometimes it feels like we have the worst supporters in Scotland. Every team who plays us at Easter Road says that if you can score a goal against Hibs their fans will get on their players backs. We have a Singing Section some of whom prefer singing about Hearts (wee team attitude) to supporting the boys in green. We have an inflated idea of our own standing in Scottish Football expecting third when, for the last 30 years we have averaged seventh or sixth. Our players join a club whose supporters are negative and shout at them if they make an error. When we are not setting up Facebook campaigns to get rid of the manager, we are setting up protest groups or complaining on messageboards

Is it time for uniting the club, board and support behind the manager and players? Is it time for the people who believe that supporting a football club means precisely that? Or are such people afraid to show their heads above the parapet for fear of being accused of being 'happy clappers' or worse still 'uber fans' WTFTM

Nuitdelune
26-11-2011, 07:00 PM
Sometimes it feels like we have the worst supporters in Scotland. Every team who plays us at Easter Road says that if you can score a goal against Hibs their fans will get on their players backs. We have a Singing Section some of whom prefer singing about Hearts (wee team attitude) to supporting the boys in green. We have an inflated idea of our own standing in Scottish Football expecting third when, for the last 30 years we have averaged seventh or sixth. Our players join a club whose supporters are negative and shout at them if they make an error. When we are not setting up Facebook campaigns to get rid of the manager, we are setting up protest groups or complaining on messageboards

Is it time for uniting the club, board and support behind the manager and players? Is it time for the people who believe that supporting a football club means precisely that? Or are such people afraid to show their heads above the parapet for fear of being accused of being 'happy clappers' or worse still 'uber fans' WTFTM

I agree

keep the faith
26-11-2011, 07:39 PM

:top marks A great post and a massive issue IMO.

I have made the point on here before (and been shot down) that our supporters are not helping at all - and it starts here.

Yes we are poor and I dont believe in mindless yamlike "theres nothihg to see here" attitudes, but we have been poor before and the support was not like this. We had a moan after the game and maybe over a pint afterwards, re-lived the disappointment with the Sunday papers and at work Monday and then put a bit of perspective on it as the rest of our lives and priotities kicked in - until the following Saturday.

Now - every kick, every bad pass, every twitch of Rod's tache, every quote from within the club in hyper analysed (even during matches) on here. By the time the next game comes up, many have made 100s of posts and are literally baying for blood at the first mistake of the game. A loss is a call for the board/manager/coaching staff to go. "Disgraces" like pre match meals, touch line body language and after match interviews are lambasted. The rage carries on....

You can feel the tension at ER now and the players feel it. No way its helping.

This is my view and I include myself as someone who uses this board too much. Personally I would enforce a day off from viewing or posting once a week for every hibs net user!!! :wink:

Of course the last comment is tongue in cheek but would be interested if others share this wider view. Are we helping? Im not sure at times. As for S43's point, yep I agree - Its time to get a grip and support our players. We need to get the best out them until the manager can get better ones in.

BEEJ
26-11-2011, 07:45 PM
This is my view and I include myself as someone who uses this board too much. Personally I would enforce a day off from viewing or posting once a week for every hibs net user!!! :wink:
OK, Admins. The gauntlet has been thrown down.

Shut down Hibs.net for a fortnight and let's see if the team's performances / results improve.

Over to you. :wink:

Sammy7nil
26-11-2011, 07:49 PM

I have made the point on here before (and been shot down) that our supporters are not helping at all - and it starts here.

Yes we are poor and I dont believe in mindless yamlike "theres nothihg to see here" attitudes, but we have been poor before and the support was not like this. We had a moan after the game and maybe over a pint afterwards, re-lived the disappointment with the Sunday papers and at work Monday and then put a bit of perspective on it as the rest of our lives and priotities kicked in - until the following Saturday.

Now - every kick, every bad pass, every twitch of Rod's tache, every quote from within the club in hyper analysed (even during matches) on here. By the time the next game comes up, many have made 100s of posts and are literally baying for blood at the first mistake of the game. A loss is a call for the board/manager/coaching staff to go. "Disgraces" like pre match meals, touch line body language and after match interviews are lambasted. The rage carries on....

Of course the last comment is tongue in cheek but would be interested if others share this wider view. Are we helping? Im not sure at times. As for S43's point, yep I agree - Its time to get a grip and support our players. We need to get the best out them until the manager can get better ones in.

I agree - BUT
It starts with the players and their pissh poor attitude and total lack of skill and determination.
When this team loses a goal it is as good as game over. The fans can help but the Players must show some BAWS and get stuck in.

down the slope
26-11-2011, 07:55 PM
I agree - BUT
It starts with the players and their pissh poor attitude and total lack of skill and determination.
When this team loses a goal it is as good as game over. The fans can help but the Players must show some BAWS and get stuck in.

It starts with the board and their piss poor choice of the most important man at any club-the manager. Anyone can be an accountant , anyone can be a lawyer but none of the aforementioned has ever been a football manager !. I can only hope that through sheer luck they have picked the right man this time or we are in the first division next year, at least if this happens we can get rid of the lot and start with a clean slate

whiskyhibby
26-11-2011, 08:16 PM

Completely agree some posts are outrageously HoMoFC orientated.................:troll::troll::troll:

CentreLine
26-11-2011, 08:59 PM
It starts with the board and their piss poor choice of the most important man at any club-the manager. Anyone can be an accountant , anyone can be a lawyer but none of the aforementioned has ever been a football manager !. I can only hope that through sheer luck they have picked the right man this time or we are in the first division next year, at least if this happens we can get rid of the lot and start with a clean slate

Didn't take long for the negative post to appear. So we have an accountant looking after our accounts! We have a new manager looking after the team and we have a club that is passionate from top to bottom, yes that incudes the negative fans. But how about keeping the negatives bottled up for a while, lets say until the end of January? That shouldn't be too much to ask and lets just see if the team has started to turn around with the fans united behind them. It will give PF a decent start and something to work with. What do you say DownTheSlope?

jabis
26-11-2011, 09:00 PM

another uberfan :rolleyes:

Sioux
27-11-2011, 10:02 AM

You've got it the wrong way round. Any dumpling can be a fitba player then a manager. There's a certain level of intelligence required for the professions you mention, don't bother applying for employment in either.

Scouse Hibee
27-11-2011, 10:06 AM
You've got it the wrong way round. Any dumpling can be a fitba player then a manager. There's a certain level of intelligence required for the professions you mention, don't bother applying for employment in either.

:top marksHaha great reply made me spit out my cornflakes!

Spike Mandela
27-11-2011, 10:14 AM

Yet again people mistake the Hibs fan base with .net membership. Most Hibs fans don't post or read .net and a lot of those that do have very small post counts.

If you step out of the .net bubble once in a while you will find that most supporters experience is as you describe it as it used to be. The disgruntlement you sense at matches feeds directly from the pitch imo.

Credit most Hibs fans with their own mind please. Yes .net can be influential but for the most part Hibs fans can see what is going on and form their own views without being force fed an opinion on a messageboard.

Sioux
27-11-2011, 10:43 AM
:top marksHaha great reply made me spit out my cornflakes!

mon the redmen. Arkles by 3.00pm.

keep the faith
27-11-2011, 12:05 PM
Yet again people mistake the Hibs fan base with .net membership. Most Hibs fans don't post or read .net and a lot of those that do have very small post counts.

If you step out of the .net bubble once in a while you will find that most supporters experience is as you describe it as it used to be. The disgruntlement you sense at matches feeds directly from the pitch imo.

Credit most Hibs fans with their own mind please. Yes .net can be influential but for the most part Hibs fans can see what is going on and form their own views without being force fed an opinion on a messageboard.

No. Nowadays a huge amount of non posters click on here for Hibs news. Be good if the site was not just a vacuum of negativity dominated by the few. The original point that we could do with showing a bit more support on here is a good one IMO.

tamig
27-11-2011, 12:20 PM
No. Nowadays a huge amount of non posters click on here for Hibs news. Be good if the site was not just a vacuum of negativity dominated by the few. The original point that we could do with showing a bit more support on here is a good one IMO.

My view exactly bud. I have to say though that the general negative atmosphere on here is a fair reflection of that - certainly in the East - over the past 18 months or so. That saddens me.

Sammy7nil
27-11-2011, 04:57 PM
My view exactly bud. I have to say though that the general negative atmosphere on here is a fair reflection of that - certainly in the East - over the past 18 months or so. That saddens me.

I think .net relects the mood of the fans pretty well.

Crowds dropping like a stone in the Pacfic, no light at the end of the tunnel, another season of "transition", bottom 3 more realistic than top six.

I would say we are a minimum of 2 years away from being a sttled sided ready to compete for the top 6. Negative but true I think.

Kammy1875
27-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Us as supporters are nowhere near the worst.

We have had to put up with years and years of rubbish football with 1 or 2 good years in between, we have never seen our side win the Scottish cup yet still go to the Semi's and finals to cheer on the team in desperate hope more than anything and we also have an absolutely shocking derby record yet still fill out the Roseburn every derby.

People are totally fed up now, we were asked to stand up and be counted when we went down, we done this plus some more. We were asked to be patient when we were selling all our best players to fund the training ground then the new East and we were.

We deserve a good team on the pitch now after years of being patient and if we grumble about being down the bottom of the **** fest that is the SPL we are fishing? Aye ok then.

Hibercelona
27-11-2011, 05:47 PM

We have honest fans. When things aren't going well at the club, people voice negative opinions and rightfully so.

They can't be hahahahearts fans, because they're all deluded ****wits that convince themselves that everything about their club is fantastic. Fantastic football, fantastic owner, fantastic balance sheets.... etc

Nobody is putting any "negative slant" on the club, because nothing is being slanted. Its a negative time at the moment, so expect plenty of more negative comments.

CentreLine
27-11-2011, 06:01 PM
We have honest fans. When things aren't going well at the club, people voice negative opinions and rightfully so.

They can't be hahahahearts fans, because they're all deluded ****wits that convince themselves that everything about their club is fantastic. Fantastic football, fantastic owner, fantastic balance sheets.... etc

Nobody is putting any "negative slant" on the club, because nothing is being slanted. Its a negative time at the moment, so expect plenty of more negative comments.

Then we must accept slow progress, if any progress at all, because it is not reasonable to expect a new manager or his players to perform at anything like their potential when they are subjected to constant criticism and abuse. Perhaps we should consider why teams with smaller numbers but supportive fans, more often than not, punch above their weight? We should ask ourselves why the teams who have abusive fans, more often than not, perform better away from home? We should ask ourselves if we are being supportive at all if we cannot get through a game without shouting abuse.

Hibercelona
27-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Then we must accept slow progress, if any progress at all, because it is not reasonable to expect a new manager or his players to perform at anything like their potential when they are subjected to constant criticism and abuse. Perhaps we should consider why teams with smaller numbers but supportive fans, more often than not, punch above their weight? We should ask ourselves why the teams who have abusive fans, more often than not, perform better away from home? We should ask ourselves if we are being supportive at all if we cannot get through a game without shouting abuse.

Players should be professional enough to block out critism and focus on the game. If they're going to get "hurt" or "emotional" because fans are giving them a hard time, then perhaps they aren't fit to be playing football on the big stage. The same goes for managers.

Any player or manager that comes to Hibernian has a great oppurtunity to progress greatly into their careers, but if a few hot heads shouting from the stands is enough to put them off, then they'll never be a success anywhere they go.

CentreLine
27-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Players should be professional enough to block out critism and focus on the game. If they're going to get "hurt" or "emotional" because fans are giving them a hard time, then perhaps they aren't fit to be playing football on the big stage. The same goes for managers.

Any player or manager that comes to Hibernian has a great oppurtunity to progress greatly into their careers, but if a few hot heads shouting from the stands is enough to put them off, then they'll never be a success anywhere they go.

Interesting theory and of course you are entitled to that opinion. I just happen to think that players, or managers for that matter, who are unprofessional enough to get hurt by criticism and abuse from the opposition fans should think about another carreer. However, I have never been able to understand the home fans doing the job of the opposition for them. Our rivals must love the disharmony in the stands at ER.

Which brings me back to my original point. I genuinely think a considerable number of the negative posts started on this forum and others are put there by opposition fans who then sit back and laugh their socks off at the number of people on here who are all to quick to jump like starved salmon on to the bait.

The word supporter has a fairly clear meaning. I'm not sure that everyone is grasping that meaning right now.

Hibercelona
27-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Interesting theory and of course you are entitled to that opinion. I just happen to think that players, or managers for that matter, who are unprofessional enough to get hurt by criticism and abuse from the opposition fans should think about another carreer. However, I have never been able to understand the home fans doing the job of the opposition for them. Our rivals must love the disharmony in the stands at ER.

Which brings me back to my original point. I genuinely think a considerable number of the negative posts started on this forum and others are put there by opposition fans who then sit back and laugh their socks off at the number of people on here who are all to quick to jump like starved salmon on to the bait.

The word supporter has a fairly clear meaning. I'm not sure that everyone is grasping that meaning right now.

People pay good money to attend games, surely you can understand frustration when you feel like your money is being p!ssed down a hole.

People go to the football to be entertained. If the entertainment value is poor (especially over a long period of time) then people are always going to lose patience and trust.

To suggest that anybody who posts anything remotely negative on here must be opposition fans on the wind up is absolutely ridiculous. Albeit, there are some circumstances when this is the case, but people getting flamed just for sharing a negative opinion on here is wrong.

CentreLine
27-11-2011, 08:17 PM
People pay good money to attend games, surely you can understand frustration when you feel like your money is being p!ssed down a hole.

People go to the football to be entertained. If the entertainment value is poor (especially over a long period of time) then people are always going to lose patience and trust.

To suggest that anybody who posts anything remotely negative on here must be opposition fans on the wind up is absolutely ridiculous. Albeit, there are some circumstances when this is the case, but people getting flamed just for sharing a negative opinion on here is wrong.

Couldn't agree more. I am very glad that I made no such suggestion. It would be equally rediculous to suggest that it is reasonable to lose patience and trust in a manager who has yet to take charge of his first game with our club.

But that is to get away from my original point which I don't think you have grasped.

keep the faith
27-11-2011, 10:07 PM

Mate, If it was yams on the wind up and posting the relentless hyper analysis and anti manager/board/everyone energy sucking guf, it would nearly make sense. Unfortunately its normally our mega posters claiming to have our interests at heart!

New man at the helm with a really limited team at his disposal. A negativity amnesty from here and the stands really would help I think.

rossevenil
27-11-2011, 10:18 PM
I went to the Hibs V Dunfermline game a couple of weeks ago now,my first game since I was at the St Johnstone game the previous season where we lost
I think 2-0 and Yogi was sacked on the Monday?
I fell asleep during that game........THATS how bad Hibs were and I couldnt believe what I was watching!!!

Results and performances in the coming months weren`t much better and at no time did I feel "the urge" to go see the team.

Then my friend who always gets back from Oz at least once a year said he would be back the weekend of the Pars game,now bearing in mind that we had been season ticket holders
for several years together how could I say no?
Well as we were in the queue at the turnstile the Pars scored,and for the first time in my life I almost took my money back off the plate and made for the pub!!!
Instead we went in and spent the next 85 mins shaking our heads and laughing,yeah thats right LAUGHING! I had never seen such a shambolic Hibs team,even the day we were beaten
at home by Stranraer in the 1st Division as that day I saw some ability on the pitch.
What I witnessed against Dunfermline was undescribable and I doth my hat to those who go and watch that s"3t week in week out!!! Never has the phrase "not fit to wear the green" been
so apt than at the moment! Even the season we got relegated there was some fight and ability,this shower of imposters cant even string 2 passes together and look like they couldnt give a crap!
Did I boo the players? No whats the point from what I saw they couldnt give a flying s£^t
The question I have is how to Hearts get better performances from players who havent been paid than we can from those who know there wages will be in the bank every month????????????????
Maybe Vlad aint so daft after all.

Am I negative about Pat Fenlon getting the Managers Job? Well from his initial interview and what I have read so far about him then hell NO! I just hope that the board and support give him the chance
to do what we all needs to be done......weed out the wasters and get the players who are willing to work hard for their rewards playing!
Cheap option? And right enough paying a decent wage to Calderwood et al has done us well in the last few years!

Come on Pat and make us proud again!

greenlex
27-11-2011, 10:21 PM
I really need to get my eyes tested.
Fisting:faf::faf:

TrickyNicky
27-11-2011, 10:32 PM
I really need to get my eyes tested.
Fisting:faf::faf:

They say people see what they want to see !

BTW, your braver than most, not sure if I'd have clicked on it if I thought that's what it said !

FifeeHibee
27-11-2011, 11:07 PM
Hibs have always had more than their fair share of moaners. I remember folk shouting at Allan Gordon and Saint Pat Stanton, much to my disgust. Wee Fat Joe and the mercurial Ally Macleod (also a little tubby!) got it in the neck constantly. Even Benny got stick, can you believe? Oh to have players like that to shout at now! (Apart from maybe Benny!!).

I know it's difficult given the apparent keech on the pitch, but why don't we try a three month truce when ALL Hibbies become super positive and stop the boo boy stuff. Who knows, it might even help our players to perform to potential.