PDA

View Full Version : Billy Browns final involvement with Hibs ?

GreenCastle
26-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Was it his last involvement with Hibs today and he knew it?

Pre match wasn't very enthusiastic - didn't celebrate the goal.

Was arguing / screaming at some players in 2nd half (not saying this is wrong - as I am sure they deserved it!!).

Will he be gone by next week with the other coaching staff = pay off - depending on the time of contract they are on.

Will PF bring in his own staff = more salaries - but something we probably need - fresh faces :agree:

Saorsa
26-11-2011, 05:15 PM
What happened tae bobby though :greengrin

GreenCastle
26-11-2011, 05:16 PM
What happened tae bobby though :greengrin

He's already gone :greengrin

hibsbollah
26-11-2011, 05:17 PM
two can play at that game.

mglancy23
26-11-2011, 05:21 PM
two can play at that game.

:greengrin

GreenCastle
27-11-2011, 05:47 PM
Heard today Brown was promised the managers job if CC was to leave...

Maybe explains why he wasn't in the best of moods yesterday ? :cool2:

lucky
27-11-2011, 06:07 PM
Well we have all been on a promise

GloryGlory
27-11-2011, 06:08 PM

That's a load of rubbish, IMO.

It's "...if CC WERE to leave"..." :greengrin

chrisski33
27-11-2011, 06:35 PM
Heard today Brown was promised the managers job if CC was to leave...Maybe explains why he wasn't in the best of moods yesterday ? :cool2: U didnt hear that! Maybe u heard he would be in charge of one game.

Alfred E Newman
27-11-2011, 06:47 PM

I don`t think there was ever any chance that he would get the job. 60 years old and never managed at this level, it was a non starter. Well done to him for giving the players both barrels after yesterdays debacle though. Now it looks like he is off he can tell it as it is. The players are garbage.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-11-2011, 07:26 PM
I think his last "involvement", with Hibs is going to be a warts and all exclusive, in which ever red top can spare the column space, now that the title race is "back on"

AlbertK86
27-11-2011, 07:41 PM
I think his last "involvement", with Hibs is going to be a warts and all exclusive, in which ever red top can spare the column space, now that the title race is "back on"

Let's hope he tells all about the shambles that has been Hibs.

However onwards and upwards

Paddy Fenlon's Green and White Army ..... COME ON !!

GGTTH

Robinho08
27-11-2011, 08:02 PM
BB is contracted till Jan, but he'll leave tomorrow.

Sergeant Hibs
27-11-2011, 08:43 PM

Was arguing / screaming at some players in 2nd half (not saying this is wrong - as I am sure they deserved it!!).

Will he be gone by next week with the other coaching staff = pay off - depending on the time of contract they are on.

Will PF bring in his own staff = more salaries - but something we probably need - fresh faces :agree:

of what I heard from the interview I think you may be right

basehibby
27-11-2011, 11:46 PM

I think it could be - if Fenlon has a preferred asistant in mind and he isn't going to bust the bank then I'd be dissapointed if the board didn't back him on that. If that was to happen then Brown would have to take on a lesser role at the club which I doubt would fit his own ambitions or those of the club accountants in the long term.

That being the case I'd like to see him stay on to the end of his contract in a hand over capacity. I think he's had a positive effect on the club as a coach even if not as a manager and I think his knowledge of the Scottish game would do the new incumbents no harm at all during their "settling in" period.

Andy74
28-11-2011, 12:00 AM
The one thing I find strange - to the point of negligence - is that we gave BB a contract to the end of the season. CC's coat was on the shoogliest of pegs and BB was out of work. It should have been a more 'flexible' commitment.

Mind you. We gave Martin Scott 3 1/2 years!

johnrebus
28-11-2011, 08:44 AM
Billy Brown was never going to be the manager, he has been too long with Jeffries and is a dyed in the wool hoofball merchant.

One up front, at home, against Kilmarnock? No thanks.

Good luck Billy, don't let the door hit yer erse on the way out.

:bye:

Borderhibbie76
28-11-2011, 10:22 AM
Billy Brown was never going to be the manager, he has been too long with Jeffries and is a dyed in the wool hoofball merchant.

I have to agree...his team selections for the last 2 games were baffling to say the least and thank god he never got the job. We've had enough of hoofball and one up front at home in my mind is never good enough for any Hibs team (even this lot.) So...thanks for the not so great memories BB and good luck in the future!!!

jacomo
28-11-2011, 12:19 PM
BB is contracted till Jan, but he'll leave tomorrow.

Question is, did he only take the job because he thought CC was soon to be on his way?

Clearly something of a hoofballer with FJK, but tactics are the manager's job. Glad BB didn't get it but thought he might have something to offer.

blackpoolhibs
28-11-2011, 12:22 PM
If i'm honest, i have never been fully comfortable with him in the dug out. If he goes today fine, if not and Paddy wants to keep him, at least he wont be our manager.

HibbyAndy
28-11-2011, 01:34 PM
If i'm honest, i have never been fully comfortable with him in the dug out. If he goes today fine, if not and Paddy wants to keep him, at least he wont be our manager.

I fully concur.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Now it looks like he is off he can tell it as it is. The players are garbage. It'll certainly be interesting to hear what hes got to say.

Dashing Bob S
28-11-2011, 02:48 PM

His exit might therefore be one of the biggest challenges he's faced in the game.

Hibiza
28-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Wee Billy says " they cant defend". eh eh is that not part of your wee part time job along with an international defender to make sure WE did. Bye Billy.:taxi:flag:

smurf
28-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Wee Billy says " they cant defend". eh eh is that not part of your wee part time job along with an international defender to make sure WE did. Bye Billy.:taxi:flag:

No coach or manager can make sure that they do. What any manager or coach should do is ensure that they can before signing them.

And in this respect our management are spectacular in failing.