PDA

View Full Version : Ivan Sproule...

Number69
26-11-2011, 06:09 PM
...Cat pass, cant cross, cant header, cant shoot. Ridiculous attitude while we're 3-1 down to start picking fights with Haber too! Lets face it, he can chase the ball all day but if he aint gonna win it then what's the point?

Time to offload?

I think so.

PeterboroHibee
26-11-2011, 06:11 PM
He was woeful today. Handed the captaincy yet was one of the first to give up. Shocking attitude.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-11-2011, 06:13 PM
A vanity signing that has not gone to plan. I think that he will know well enough that he was poor today.

lucky
26-11-2011, 06:29 PM
Put in 3 decent crosses unfair to pick on him. When the lot were bar Ozzy were gash

Baldy Foghorn
26-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Hardly surprising is it, he is an impact player at best.......

Hibercelona
26-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Ivan Sproule will perform well when other players around him are performing well.

He was excellent against Celtic in the first half at ER when everybody was miraculously playing well.

But we can't expect him to be road runner none stop during a game when other players around him just dont care.

RIP
26-11-2011, 06:44 PM
We played two tiny men up front. Ivan's one of the few Hibs players who can run direct at teams, like Saints did the whole game. If Ivan was playing for Saints today they wouldn't have wasted him out on the wing in the second half

Only at Hibs

Reaper
26-11-2011, 06:49 PM
I haven't been to any games this season but the ones on Tv I've watched and from last season of watching Calderwood stumblimg and bumbling his way through, things appear to me to be the same. We've signed certain players but aren't utilising them correctly. I'll take the Ivan bashing as justified but when he was here before he could never pass, never ackle, never track back and never take the ball into feet. His strengths were playing in front or wide of a ball playing midfield, running into space and panicking defenders. Granted he would score so often but usually he created enough panic allowing more gifted ball players and finishers the ammunition they needed.

Is it the boys fault the club have signed him and not playing to his strengths? (This is only an opinion and based on he very few times I've seen of him this year)

blackpoolhibs
26-11-2011, 06:50 PM
I thought if he was anywhere near the player that left, he'd walk into this awful team. He was not. :boo hoo:

Andy74
26-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Right wing in a solid 442 with decent strikers ahead of him I think he'd be fine.

KiddA
26-11-2011, 06:58 PM
...Cat pass, cant cross, cant header, cant shoot. Ridiculous attitude while we're 3-1 down to start picking fights with Haber too! Lets face it, he can chase the ball all day but if he aint gonna win it then what's the point?

Time to offload?

I think so.

One of CC's worst signing's in his short reign FACT yes he had a great past with Hibs but that was then and this is now. I agree with Baldy that he is a impact player at best so lets start using him as one i.e against Killie :agree:

Hibs Class
26-11-2011, 07:13 PM
Thought it was a mistake to bring him back and based on the games so far I still think that. Not a team player and more often than not he is a liability. One to get rid of in the summer I'm afraid.

Baldy Foghorn
26-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Thought it was a mistake to bring him back and based on the games so far I still think that. Not a team player and more often than not he is a liability. One to get rid of in the summer I'm afraid.

:agree::agree:

Number69
27-11-2011, 12:14 PM
I haven't been to any games this season but the ones on Tv I've watched and from last season of watching Calderwood stumblimg and bumbling his way through, things appear to me to be the same. We've signed certain players but aren't utilising them correctly. I'll take the Ivan bashing as justified but when he was here before he could never pass, never ackle, never track back and never take the ball into feet. His strengths were playing in front or wide of a ball playing midfield, running into space and panicking defenders. Granted he would score so often but usually he created enough panic allowing more gifted ball players and finishers the ammunition they needed.

Is it the boys fault the club have signed him and not playing to his strengths? (This is only an opinion and based on he very few times I've seen of him this year)

If there was a "like" button I'd hit it.

basehibby
27-11-2011, 12:26 PM

Time to offload?

I think so.

Also pretty much our ONLY player at the moment who CAN run at players with the ball at his feet - and you would get rid asap :rolleyes:

I think it's very telling that Ivan was NEVER a certain starter during his previous stint at Hibs - used as an impact player off the bench as often as not - while since his return to ER he has started near enough EVERY game.

I would probably rest him for a game or two and use him off the bench, but if you're looking for the root of Hibs' on field problems then I'd say you're barking up the wrong tree.

Number69
27-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Hind sight, think he just pissed me off!

Godsahibby
27-11-2011, 12:42 PM
He was a great impact player first time round and wasnt sad when he left especially with the deal we got for him. Totally against him returning, and he has been terrible, worst part of all he must be up there with ou highest earners.

Hibee_Rab
27-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Typical hibs.net. Wanting to get rid of one of the only players we have at the moment who can produce a little bit of magic/ get the crowd going. One of the only one's who plays with passion for the club! The whole teams not been playing well, but why get rid of someone who can actually create for us? It was the same with zemmama and riordan, why do people always want rid of the players that make hibs worth watching? Sproule definately deserves a chance under Fenlon, and if the team starts doing better, he'll most likely be a part of it- this is a player who can do very well, some of you on here seem to have very short memories.

Beefster
27-11-2011, 12:54 PM
I'm fed up hearing about players who can only play well when everyone else is. I want players who can play well irrespective of what their teammate is doing.

Brebners Bookie
27-11-2011, 01:08 PM

Exactly, if youre expecting ivan to be the player to carries the rest of the team through a game then you'll be disappointed, but he's still one of the few who care and has chipped in with 3 goals and a few assists.

Number69
27-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Typical hibs.net. Wanting to get rid of one of the only players we have at the moment who can produce a little bit of magic/ get the crowd going. One of the only one's who plays with passion for the club! The whole teams not been playing well, but why get rid of someone who can actually create for us? It was the same with zemmama and riordan, why do people always want rid of the players that make hibs worth watching? Sproule definately deserves a chance under Fenlon, and if the team starts doing better, he'll most likely be a part of it- this is a player who can do very well, some of you on here seem to have very short memories.

Absolute drivel. Griffiths was the one who had the fans on their feet yesterday and you're only as good as your last game, Sproule knows that. And what about "before" why do you bring up the past? We're not under Tony Mowbray anymore those days are gone, Sproule is past his best and it saddens me to say this because because I used to be a big fan of him. Lets just be honest mate, he's not what he used to be.

Scouse Hibee
27-11-2011, 01:17 PM

My memory of Ivan first time around is fine Rab and I think that's the problem. I knew when he left he was of limited ability which we had used to good effect. I think myself like others thought after moving onwards and upwards he would return a far better player. Sadly he hasn't, far from it in fact, he now seems less effective than the first time around. Maybe expectation of what we were going to get with the return of Ivan has caused the apathy you're talking about towards him.

woody47
27-11-2011, 01:35 PM
My opinion of Ivan has never changed from day 1....... He is an impact player ONLY. Bring him on with 30 minutes to go. His pace is not what it used to be but he can lift the crowd so thats the only way we should use him.

Thecat23
27-11-2011, 01:40 PM
My opinion of Ivan has never changed from day 1....... He is an impact player ONLY. Bring him on with 30 minutes to go. His pace is not what it used to be but he can lift the crowd so thats the only way we should use him.

Exactly this. I said at the time i didn't think he was the type of player we needed, As the above post says, he really is a impact player at best. We need players who can get us out this mess and sadly as much as he's a nice guy and a fan of the club, this does not mean we should have brought him back. There are better players out there and i'm sure PF will bring a few in. Great guy Ivan but just not for me.

SneakersO'Toole
27-11-2011, 01:46 PM
Further proof (if ever it were needed) that bringing players back to the club after their first spell does not work.

Ivan has been garbage all season. His attitude is poor at best, and he supposed to one of the 'older' heads leading by example.

I wouldn't shed a tear if he left in the summer. Infact, unless his performances improve tenfold, he is starting to tarnish the fond memories I have of him.

hibsbollah
27-11-2011, 01:47 PM
He's already shown in the midweek 3-1 win against St Johnstone what hes still capable of. Its all about whether Fenlon can bring it out of him more regularly.

KingFranck
27-11-2011, 02:02 PM
I'm fed up hearing about players who can only play well when everyone else is. I want players who can play well irrespective of what their teammate is doing.

Suppose it would help Ivan if our other players could actually control a ball and pass the ball to a green and white shirt. Sproule would be good if he was able to race a defender to a ball over the defenders head but we havent got a single player with that ability since Boozy left.
Can't believe we are blaming Sproule alone for our performances

Big Frank
27-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Lets face it, bar ozzy, they have been pathetic to a man at Hibernian this season. To a man.

Singling out Ivan is just nonsense, and about the measure of us at the moment imho.

Number69
27-11-2011, 02:10 PM
Lets face it, bar ozzy, they have been pathetic to a man at Hibernian this season. To a man.

Singling out Ivan is just nonsense, and about the measure of us at the moment imho.

Singling out Ivan? If he performed how we wanted him to perform then he wouldnt even get mentioned, team full of dead wood, Stack is next on the list!

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-11-2011, 02:32 PM
Lets face it, bar ozzy, they have been pathetic to a man at Hibernian this season. To a man. Singling out Ivan is just nonsense, and about the measure of us at the moment imho. That's a fair comment. Even when the team plays badly, individuals can still have good games. If we accept that everyones' peformances have been generally unacceptable, then trying decide aon degrees of unacceptability is pointless.

Hibercelona
27-11-2011, 03:08 PM

Then what you're looking for is a player with individual brilliance.

And very few players like that are willing to play at SPL level.

Theres no point in us pointing the finger at just 1 player in the squad, when everybody else is playing terrible, you can't just rely on one individual player to bring in the goods.

Somebody said that Ivan isn't a team player. Well my arguement would be that he is a team player and that is why he needs to be in a squad that is playing as a team.

Ivan isn't the problem. Its impossible to play exciting football when your in a squad that isn't..... erm, exciting..

basehibby
27-11-2011, 03:12 PM
He was a great impact player first time round and wasnt sad when he left especially with the deal we got for him. Totally against him returning, and he has been terrible, worst part of all he must be up there with ou highest earners.

You simply cannot beat the internet for blatant over the top exageration. Sure Ivan has been on the quiet side since his return but terrible :confused:

3 goals so far and an assist helping us to our last point gained would tend to counter that suggestion.

Sir David Gray
27-11-2011, 03:18 PM
We have far more pressing issues surrounding our team at the moment than Ivan Sproule.

He'll never be the most talented footballer in the world but there is a place in the Hibs side for Sproule.