PDA

View Full Version : The pain has almost gone.

sidjames
26-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Not so very long ago my mood for hours, and in really bad cases days, would depend on the Hibs result. Sometimes I Would avoid the score to not spoil an evening out. Now I read/ watch and feel the barest emotion. Is it just me? I am looking forward to watching the Madrid derbi, then tomorrow EPL. Monday night I am off to watch Malaga v villareal. Its not like I am off football, far from it but Hibs?! Maybe I am part of the problem.

Franck Stanton
26-11-2011, 05:13 PM
Not so very long ago my mood for hours, and in really bad cases days, would depend on the Hibs result. Sometimes I Would avoid the score to not spoil an evening out. Now I read/ watch and feel the barest emotion. Is it just me? I am looking forward to watching the Madrid derbi, then tomorrow EPL. Monday night I am off to watch Malaga v villareal. Its not like I am off football, far from it but Hibs?! Maybe I am part of the problem.

Nope, not alone as I too am just the same. Just hope and pray we aren't too detached at bottom of league come Jan window and that Fenlon can sort these imposters out. About the only thing to cling onto just now.

IWasThere2016
26-11-2011, 05:14 PM
I have no doubt this is the way for many many Hibs fans in recent times.

hibsbollah
26-11-2011, 05:15 PM
New manager starts work on Monday. Cheer up.

sidjames
26-11-2011, 05:21 PM

Ok. I will have a beer(s) watch the games and try not to compare them to Hibs.

RIP
26-11-2011, 05:23 PM
It's called self-preservation. My two laddies have been trained to forget about the game the minute we leave the ground and I usually plan a treat after the match so we maintain a sense of perspective

sidjames
26-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Preservation of sanity!

It must be tough to get kids involved. They need heroes, or at least players they admire and can be proud of. Or triers. Or men who can show spirit...... See I am off again expecting players to.. well play. I am off to see if Atletico can stuff Real.

At The Edge
26-11-2011, 05:38 PM
It's called self-preservation. My two laddies have been trained to forget about the game the minute we leave the ground and I usually plan a treat after the match so we maintain a sense of perspective

a 12 hour shift on a coal mine face with a blunt pen knife would probably be a good sense of perspective after watching Hibs just now, you'd still come off the shift happier than you were after watching Hibs!

:greengrin

nortonhibby
26-11-2011, 06:33 PM

And we are only 2 wins from a place in the top 6 off the League, Fresh start on Monday onwards and upwards :flag:

HibbyAndy
26-11-2011, 06:44 PM
The days of Hibs ruining my weekend are well and truly behind me. I still care massively for the club, But i lost my Mojo a long long time ago.

Feed McGraw
26-11-2011, 07:11 PM
Preservation of sanity!

It must be tough to get kids involved. They need heroes, or at least players they admire and can be proud of. Or triers. Or men who can show spirit...... See I am off again expecting players to.. well play. I am off to see if Atletico can stuff Real.

It`s a shame. There aren`t really any guys like that in this apology of a team.

Ringothedog
26-11-2011, 08:15 PM

The pain is always there after a defeat, the difference is that you have boogered off to Spain and dont have to listen to the crap the jambos come out with. Anyway I hope the yellow submarine hump your lot :na na:

paxtonhibby
26-11-2011, 08:43 PM

Are you saying you can actually drag both of them along?Christ Im down to 1 and his interest is rapidly descending.Ive promised things are to improve now PFs arrived.No pressure Nutsy!!

sboothibs
26-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Are you saying you can actually drag both of them along?Christ Im down to 1 and his interest is rapidly descending.Ive promised things are to improve now PFs arrived.No pressure Nutsy!!

:flag:

I have started to take my lad to the U19's, at least that way he gets to see some proper football before the so called BIG 11.

Was there today and even in the GAILS the lads produced some "on the ground" football and they even managed a good win against the Unwashed.

The future IS looking good.

:pfgwa

sidjames
27-11-2011, 08:47 AM
The pain is always there after a defeat, the difference is that you have boogered off to Spain and dont have to listen to the crap the jambos come out with. Anyway I hope the yellow submarine hump your lot :na na:

S'funny because instead of the local bar I had to travel to MMijas Pueblo to pick up Mel. Anyway I went in to a bar there and met this Welsh guy and we talked football. Without him knowing anything about me he told me his best mate,Billy was from Leith and a mad Hibby! So after trying to forget Hibs I spent half the night talking about them.

BTW can't see anything but a win for the lightblues on Monday night.

hibiedude
27-11-2011, 09:09 AM

Nope I was the same!!! Going out on a Saturday night would depend on what the hibs score was but that’s gone now because it doesn’t affect me as it once did.

I have never been a fan of the EPL it was always the Spanish/ football that I watch.

Watching crowds drop because of the football on offer at Easter Road is depressing but understandable. We’ve been on the slide for the last 3 season and with another new manager at the club we seem to be on roundabout with no way of getting off.

We clearly have a team’s not "fit for purpose" so who’s going to pay to watch rank rotten football- Fenlon has a hell of a job on his hands if he’s success the fans will come back if he fails get ready for the same excuses from the board.

Ringothedog
27-11-2011, 01:03 PM
S'funny because instead of the local bar I had to travel to MMijas Pueblo to pick up Mel. Anyway I went in to a bar there and met this Welsh guy and we talked football. Without him knowing anything about me he told me his best mate,Billy was from Leith and a mad Hibby! So after trying to forget Hibs I spent half the night talking about them.

BTW can't see anything but a win for the lightblues on Monday night.

Serves you right......are you over at New Year ?

sidjames
27-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Serves you right......are you over at New Year ?

Hope to be. Fancy derby at ER. Just saw end of killie pies stuffing Glasgow R. Now reds V Man c. Tomorrow off to La rosalada with the local lads.