PDA

View Full Version : Coaches clear out time

KiddA
26-11-2011, 03:27 PM
I really hope PF can bring in his own coaching team and get rid off all the dead wood i.e Evans, Stevenson and Thompson :rolleyes: these guys have to go now. This is the worst coaching team since the Duffy Mcnamara days :agree: everyone blames CC but these guys are as much to blame as he was. I hope the board back PF with this and don't do the cheap option and keep them. These guys clearly have no respect from the players :bitchy:

ScottB
26-11-2011, 04:09 PM
The Coaching staff are the one constant on the playing side in our post Collins slide.

Time to get shot of the lot.

Alfred E Newman
26-11-2011, 04:13 PM
I really hope PF can bring in his own coaching team and get rid off all the dead wood i.e Evans, Stevenson and Thompson :rolleyes: these guys have to go now. This is the worst coaching team since the Duffy Mcnamara days :agree: everyone blames CC but these guys are as much to blame as he was. I hope the board back PF with this and don't do the cheap option and keep them. These guys clearly have no respect from the players :bitchy:

Don`t forget our bag man, board man and League Cup winner Tam McCourt!

Malthibby
26-11-2011, 04:18 PM
As noted, they do seem to be a common denominator in what has become an extended horror show
over the course of four managers.
Tam must stay, though.
GG

Golden Bear
26-11-2011, 04:35 PM
Another common denominator is the consistent failure of the players to behave like professionals both on and off the park.

Troublesome times ahead regardless of whom is at the helm.

NorthNorfolkHFC
26-11-2011, 04:35 PM
Said this on a previous thread. Get shot and start fresh!

brog
26-11-2011, 04:44 PM

And how do you know this?

KiddA
26-11-2011, 04:51 PM
And how do you know this?

Well they sacked CC for poor performances, what makes the other coaches untouchable? they are after all at training everyday and have an input on the side. If they didn't why are they sitting on the bench giving instructions every week? Sorry but its not rocket science :rolleyes:

GloryGlory
26-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Another common denominator is the consistent failure of the players to behave like professionals both on and off the park.

Troublesome times ahead regardless of whom is at the helm.

:agree:

I hope PF gets the players together first thing on Monday morning and says something like:

"Right - from today everybody gives nothing less than 100% commitment to training, and gets as fit as possible. Every minute of every game from now on I will expect hard work, dedication, total commitment, desire, passion and will to win. You will conduct yourselves as professional athletes at all times. If anybody here doesn't want to be part of that or isn't up to the job of being a professional footballer, leave now and don't come back."

Pause for effect.

Assuming no-one gets up and goes PF continues "Good! Now we know where we stand. Let's get out on that training pitch and start how we mean to go on."

Saorsa
26-11-2011, 04:57 PM
http://www.idiomsbykids.com/taylor/mrtaylor/class20022003/idioms/idioms2003/idioms3/a new broom sweeps clean.jpg

crash
26-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Well they sacked CC for poor performances, what makes the other coaches untouchable? they are after all at training everyday and have an input on the side. If they didn't why are they sitting on the bench giving instructions every week? Sorry but its not rocket science :rolleyes:

:agree:If you dont cut out all the cancer you will never cure the patient.

easty
26-11-2011, 05:06 PM
http://www.idiomsbykids.com/taylor/mrtaylor/class20022003/idioms/idioms2003/idioms3/a new broom sweeps clean.jpg

Why has she **** in a bottle and put it on the floor?

"The new brooms sweeps clean.....but theres always that little **** in a bottle you're stuck with"?

Are the coaching team that bottle of ****....and we're stuck with them?

IFONLY
26-11-2011, 05:09 PM

Oh how times have changed, I said this ages ago but I got shot down in flames.

KiddA
26-11-2011, 05:33 PM
:agree:If you dont cut out all the cancer you will never cure the patient.

Very true, surly they will be gone with CC. I really do not understand why they would be kept on, I hope they will all be sacked next week :agree: the board have hopefully given PF some backing on this but something tells me they will all still be here to save money :rolleyes: and not change anything for the betterment of the club.

ScottB
26-11-2011, 05:43 PM
Ultimately, our recurring problems have been a lack of fitness and making basic mistakes.

These issues strike me as the responsibility of the first team coaches no? Presumably they are working with the team on these basic areas, in which case they are doing a shocking job.

That things have been rotten since Collins left on that front, despite 4 managers and whole different squads of players says it all. New coaches please!

Andy74
26-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Don't know what they all do or how good they are but no evidence that any of them have had a positive influence.

The players attitude does not seem to be right so I'd be in favour of all familiar faces going.

Pedantic_Hibee
26-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Whilst I would stop short of wishing for a Hibernian defeat, in a perverse way I'm glad that Fenlon could see Hibernian at their truest today. A decent performance and point(s) may have given him the wrong impression.

Hopefully he can see that our application, effort, fitness, desire, ability and determination combine seamlessly to produce the square root of f***-all and from Monday morning onwards he can perform the urgent surgery that's required to whip this hapless merry band of "athletes" into something resembling a professional football team.

Clear out the coaching staff, send a clear message to the players about shaping up or shipping out and instill an immediate change of mentality and attitude.

Niffy
26-11-2011, 05:59 PM
They mentioned on the tranny today that Pat had his new assistant with him today , some guy O'Brien ?

crash
26-11-2011, 06:10 PM
They mentioned on the tranny today that Pat had his new assistant with him today , some guy O'Brien ?

As long as its not gramos hero Alan:greengrin
On a serious note it could be former Newcastle player Liam O'brien who was at Bohemians.

Niffy
26-11-2011, 06:11 PM
Aye think it was. Ex Man U ?

ScottB
26-11-2011, 06:13 PM
As long as its not gramos hero Alan:greengrin
On a serious note it could be former Newcastle player Liam O'brien who was at Bohemians.

BBC Feed said he was sat beside him in the stand.

crash
26-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Aye think it was. Ex Man U ?

Yep,thats him.

GloryGlory
26-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Whilst I would stop short of wishing for a Hibernian defeat, in a perverse way I'm glad that Fenlon could see Hibernian at their truest today. A decent performance and point(s) may have given him the wrong impression.

Hopefully he can see that our application, effort, fitness, desire, ability and determination combine seamlessly to produce the square root of f***-all and from Monday morning onwards he can perform the urgent surgery that's required to whip this hapless merry band of "athletes" into something resembling a professional football team.

Clear out the coaching staff, send a clear message to the players about shaping up or shipping out and instill an immediate change of mentality and attitude.

:agree: :top marks

WindyMiller
26-11-2011, 06:44 PM

I know you weren't there PH, but you've summed up the performance.

1875 NO 1
26-11-2011, 06:47 PM

coaches carry out the instructions from the manager. nothing more nothing less.

ps gordon marshall by the experts amongst the hbs fans was uesless. coaching at motherwell.............3rd best team in scotland

Scouse Hibee
26-11-2011, 06:58 PM
Yeah 100% get rid of the coaches and let that overpaid bunch of prima donnas travel in the back of a transit :greengrin

BEEJ
26-11-2011, 07:11 PM

ps gordon marshall by the experts amongst the hbs fans was uesless. coaching at motherwell.............3rd best team in scotland
Right, so:

The Board are teflon and beyond reproach for the past recruitment 'mishaps' ("it's not an exact science, after all").

The Coaching Staff under the Manager "are only following orders" and so cannot be blamed and therefore have jobs for life at the club.

That leaves then:

The Manager (who readily carries the can, with the latest unsuspecting victim now about to learn the harsh reality of life.)

The Players who are panned day in, day out on here - the latest view being that few of any of the current crop should be kept on. Coincidentally, we seem to have been saying that about different Hibs squads over a few seasons now.

The Supporters a few of whom can take some of the flak for venting their spleen inappropriately at ER when things don't immediately go well. But the rest of them are complete heroes for spending their valuable time and hard earned cash to follow their side home and away.

Tell me, why should the first two of these five categories be so well protected and absolved from responsibility and blame?

1875 NO 1
26-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Right, so:

The Board are teflon and beyond reproach for the past recruitment 'mishaps' ("it's not an exact science, after all").

The Coaching Staff under the Manager "are only following orders" and so cannot be blamed and therefore have jobs for life at the club.

That leaves then:

The Manager (who readily carries the can, with the latest unsuspecting victim now about to learn the harsh reality of life.)

The Players who are panned day in, day out on here - the latest view being that few of any of the current crop should be kept on. Coincidentally, we seem to have been saying that about different Hibs squads over a few seasons now.

The Supporters a few of whom can take some of the flak for venting their spleen inappropriately at ER when things don't immediately go well. But the rest of them are complete heroes for spending their valuable time and hard earned cash to follow their side home and away.

Tell me, why should the first two of these five categories be so well protected and absolved from responsibility and blame?

what are you talking about?

did i mention the board?

did i say the coach staff are any good?

how do yiu know they are good are bad?

the manager does carry the can for what the 1st team produce. if he dont rate the backroom staff he should be allowed to change it!!!!!!!!11

1875 NO 1
26-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Right, so:

That leaves then:

did i mention the board?

the manager does carry the can for what the 1st team produce. if he dont rate the backroom staff he should be allowed to change it!!!!!!!!

1875 NO 1
26-11-2011, 07:29 PM
Right, so:

That leaves then:

did i mention the board?

the manager does carry the can for what the 1st team produce. if he dont rate the backroom staff he should be allowed to change it!!!!!!!!

crash
26-11-2011, 07:37 PM

Seems to me with that statement that you are absolving the coaching staff.

sauzee6_2
26-11-2011, 08:44 PM
So who are our coaches? Brown, evans, Thomson, Stevenson, fitness coach??? Video analysis??? scouting??? Sport science????

I don't know what each does, seems to me that there is a lot of deadwood at er/ htc.

Saorsa
26-11-2011, 08:51 PM
So who are our coaches? Brown, evans, Thomson, Stevenson, fitness coach??? Video analysis??? scouting??? Sport science????

I don't know what each does, seems to me that there is a lot of deadwood at er/ htc.Nah, he's away :greengrin

Not a bloody lot by the looks of things.

ancient hibee
26-11-2011, 09:15 PM
[QUOTE=ScottB;3006713]Ultimately, our recurring problems have been a lack of fitness and making basic mistakes.

These issues strike me as the responsibility of the first team coaches no? Presumably they are working with the team on these basic areas, in which case they are doing a shocking job.

That things have been rotten since Collins left on that front, despite 4 managers and whole different squads of players says it all. New coaches please![/QUOTE

While I agree that coaching seems poor any worthwhile professional player should not need coaches to get him fit and stop him making mistakes.

The responsibility of the coaches is for the playing systems,the set plays and the balance of the team.In these areas they have failed.

BEEJ
26-11-2011, 10:30 PM

did i mention the board?
I was summarising the key areas where any blame could fall for the club's appalling state in recent years so as to highlight the only two areas that appear, to some folk at least, to be above reproach regardless of what happens.

In that regard you're giving your full backing to the coaching team.

You're assuming that the Manager is allowed to make those decisions.

Sioux
26-11-2011, 10:41 PM
[QUOTE=ScottB;3006713]Ultimately, our recurring problems have been a lack of fitness and making basic mistakes.

That things have been rotten since Collins left on that front, despite 4 managers and whole different squads of players says it all. New coaches please![/QUOTE

While I agree that coaching seems poor any worthwhile professional player should not need coaches to get him fit and stop him making mistakes.

The responsibility of the coaches is for the playing systems,the set plays and the balance of the team.In these areas they have failed.

BS. What does the manager do then. You've no got a clue!

Sammy7nil
26-11-2011, 10:52 PM
[QUOTE=ancient hibee;3007160]

Ask Martin O'Neill he seemed to get around a 3 million a year at Aston Villa for doing **** all
He picked the team a nad motivated the players :rolleyes: I would have done that for £40,000 a year :greengrin

Sioux
26-11-2011, 11:03 PM
[QUOTE=Sioux;3007272]

Ask Martin O'Neill he seemed to get around a 3 million a year at Aston Villa for doing **** all
He picked the team a nad motivated the players :rolleyes: I would have done that for £40,000 a year :greengrin

I wouldane take drop in wages just to write up a team sheet. :greengrin:greengrin

KiddA
26-11-2011, 11:12 PM

did i mention the board?

the manager does carry the can for what the 1st team produce. if he dont rate the backroom staff he should be allowed to change it!!!!!!!!11

I think the biggest issue is will PF be allowed to change it if he does note rate Evans and co, I am sure he will have staff in mind and staff he can trust. I did read the other day that Evans does not get on with a few players which can't be good in training if there is tension between coaches and players. Time will tell I guess and we will know more next week. I want complete change for the betterment of the club :agree:

Hibernia Na Eir
26-11-2011, 11:23 PM
good guy, but bb gtf! nice man ye are

Dashing Bob S
26-11-2011, 11:58 PM
I don't know if they are any good or not, but they are part of a sustained culture of failure, so Fenlon should get rid of them, bring his own guys whom he knows and trusts, so that he can hit the ground running.

This culture of failure probably starts in the boardroom, but PF doesn't have the power to get rid of Petrie and co, and they ain't standing aside.

So focus on what can be one and lets have a new back room staff and, in January, some new players and get moving up that table.

Sammy7nil
27-11-2011, 12:09 AM
I don't know if they are any good or not, but they are part of a sustained culture of failure, so Fenlon should get rid of them, bring his own guys whom he knows and trusts, so that he can hit the ground running.

This culture of failure probably starts in the boardroom, but PF doesn't have the power to get rid of Petrie and co, and they ain't standing aside.

So focus on what can be one and lets have a new back room staff and, in January, some new players and get moving up that table.

Agree total clear out of years of failure needed

ancient hibee
27-11-2011, 02:33 PM
[QUOTE=sioux;3007160]

Obviously I will change my opinion entirely and bow to your superior knowledge.Ever coached a football team by the way?

brog
27-11-2011, 07:06 PM
I have no idea what individual roles our various coaches play at ER & I suspect very few on this board do either. I'm now reading that Gareth Evans supposedly doesn't get on with certain players, big deal ( if true ), you could almost certainly apply that statement to a given coach at any professional team. Professional footballers have a very simple mantra, they really like coaches/managers who pick them evey week & they don't get on with those who don't pick them.
I agree PF should be given the opportunity to select his own backroom staff but the fact we've been crap for 3-4 years now doesn't automatically mean our current coaches etc are equally rubbish. Most crap teams still have one or 2 excellent or even outstanding players, eg George Best with NI. You don't throw them out because the team doesn't perform.
It may be our coaches are rubbish but we apparently had a poor AM last season & his team's now running away with the 1st division.

AlbertK86
27-11-2011, 07:45 PM
:agree:

I hope PF gets the players together first thing on Monday morning and says something like:

"Right - from today everybody gives nothing less than 100% commitment to training, and gets as fit as possible. Every minute of every game from now on I will expect hard work, dedication, total commitment, desire, passion and will to win. You will conduct yourselves as professional athletes at all times. If anybody here doesn't want to be part of that or isn't up to the job of being a professional footballer, leave now and don't come back."

Pause for effect.

Assuming no-one gets up and goes PF continues "Good! Now we know where we stand. Let's get out on that training pitch and start how we mean to go on."

I'm hoping he throws a few ****s in

Seveno
27-11-2011, 07:57 PM
Can we get a coaching staff that can at least teach them how to take/ defend a throw-in and how to take/ defend a corner. Just doing some of the basics would make us a better time !

brog
28-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Can we get a coaching staff that can at least teach them how to take/ defend a throw-in and how to take/ defend a corner. Just doing some of the basics would make us a better time !

Absolutely!! Our defending at corners has been a joke for years now. I always say Nishy's greatest contribution to Hibs was when he marked Rob Jones in the LC final!!

RiseAbove
28-11-2011, 09:41 AM

Totally agree we need to clear out and start again, new faces, new ideas.

truehibernian
28-11-2011, 09:43 AM
I would be asking the players and coaches why yet another goal was conceded from a cross in from the left, leaving an opposition player unchallenged at the back post (St Mirren twice, Dunfermline, Saints, Killie). It's a constant problem which each player on the park should acknowledge and anticipate. Haber was unmarked so where was the right back/centre back marking. Why doesn't Stack anticipate the cross (which was not driven, more floated) and come off his line...........and why is the Saints player able to pick a cross despite Hibs players being near to him.....again, no Hibs player closing down quick enough.

Anticipation and urgency (work rate). Completely lacking for a whole 90 minutes in this Hibs side. When they switch off, we rightly get punished. And we switch off with alarming regularity.

I watched shaking my head at the recent Dunfermline game, where off all players, Junior Agogo was the only Hibernian player at a set piece to be shouting at players to pick up their man, get goalside, etc. Stack, O'Hanlon and Hanlon were quiet as church mice.

A very real team problem and for me, it shows splits in the camp. No togetherness, no cohesion, no shared responsibility. As I said last season, eleven individuals turning up and playing very much as individuals and not as a team unit.

This is what Pat Fenlon has to address immediately IMHO. They are good enough players at the end of the day. But they play as if they don't like each other. For some that may indeed be the case.

blackpoolhibs
28-11-2011, 09:58 AM
Seems to me with that statement that you are absolving the coaching staff.

I'm not sure ny of us can give any kind of informed opinion about the coaching staff? We can lump them all together, or individually, but in the real world, most of us know nothing about them, and how good or bad they are?

Personally i'd like Fenlon to have his own staff, folk he trusts and feels happy working with.

rossmc07
28-11-2011, 10:52 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20111128/club-statement_2262950_2530494

PaulSmith
28-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Maybe get the admins to change the title but Evans and Stevenson have been relieved of their duties.

lucky
28-11-2011, 10:57 AM
Seems Pats already stamping down his mark. Interesting that BB is still here.

Elephant Stone
28-11-2011, 10:57 AM

I feel a little sorry for them but it's probably for the best. New faces all round should aid the revival.

hibby67
28-11-2011, 10:58 AM

well done PF not messing about lets hope that he gets thr right guy's in
and well done RP for backing him.....

KiddA
28-11-2011, 04:17 PM
well done PF not messing about lets hope that he gets thr right guy's in
and well done RP for backing him.....

:agree: this is good news and it looks like the board mean business for the first time in a while. I am very excited about PF and he is already making the right changes.

Saorsa
28-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Wonder if we'll be seeing changes in the scouting department as well.

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-11-2011, 05:27 PM
that's them gone now so lets move on eh?

:rolleyes:

Irish_Steve
28-11-2011, 08:52 PM

I think they prefer to be called cross-dressers these days