PDA

View Full Version : farmer & petrie, it's time to go!

147lothian
26-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Ok, so farmer saved us 20 odd years ago, however farmer has no interest in football, the stadium is complete, the training facillities are in place, the only thing missing is the team on the park. Petrie also has no interest in football, although he does have too much of a say in football matters, he is an accountant, appointed by farmer.

Im not going to blame Fenton when hibs don't achieve, I never blamed, calderwood, or any of the other managers, the people I blame are Farmer and the board who appointed them, it's time to go Farmer and Petrie, with their soon to be only one team in Edinburgh, its time to start investing in the team to get the crowds back, its time for a change at the top:flag:

greenlex
26-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Ok, so farmer saved us 20 odd years ago, however farmer has no interest in football, the stadium is complete, the training facillities are in place, the only thing missing is the team on the park. Petrie also has no interest in football, although he does have too much of a say in football matters, he is an accountant, appointed by farmer.

Im not going to blame Fenton when hibs don't achieve, I never blamed, calderwood, or any of the other managers, the people I blame are Farmer and the board who appointed them, it's time to go Farmer and Petrie, with their soon to be only one team in Edinburgh, its time to start investing in the team to get the crowds back, its time for a change at the top:flag:

Shut up you tart.:rolleyes:

fat freddy
26-11-2011, 01:27 PM
who is this fenton guy that your not going to blame?....im sure he'll be relieved

NorthNorfolkHFC
26-11-2011, 01:28 PM

Well in. I concur!

Speedway

Whaaat a pl-onkerrr!! :agree:

Dirkster23

Fenton? :bye:

Jack
26-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Ok, so farmer saved us 20 odd years ago, however farmer has no interest in football, the stadium is complete, the training facillities are in place, the only thing missing is the team on the park. Petrie also has no interest in football, although he does have too much of a say in football matters, he is an accountant, appointed by farmer.Im not going to blame Fenton when hibs don't achieve, I never blamed, calderwood, or any of the other managers, the people I blame are Farmer and the board who appointed them, it's time to go Farmer and Petrie, with their soon to be only one team in Edinburgh, its time to start investing in the team to get the crowds back, its time for a change at the top:flag: Any thoughts on who might buy them out?

Jack Ferrigan
26-11-2011, 01:30 PM
Bet the team you really support would take Tom Farmer and Rod Petrie anytime eh?

biggie1875
26-11-2011, 01:32 PM
:taxi

poolman
26-11-2011, 01:38 PM

First of all, please sort your grammar out.

Second on my list, shut up

lapsedhibee
26-11-2011, 01:39 PM
who is this fenton guy that your not going to blame?....im sure he'll be relieved

It's a dug (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/family/pets/8911722/Fentons-owner-shouting-becomes-ringtone-as-one-million-view-video.html)

Tricla
26-11-2011, 01:40 PM

P*sh!

iwasthere1972
26-11-2011, 01:40 PM

Give it a rest. At least wait until Fenlon is seen as being a flop before making stupid posts.

--------
26-11-2011, 01:41 PM
First of all, please sort your grammar out.

Second on my list, shut up

Leave him alone.

It's a long time since we've had a Jambo moron of his quality on the forum.

Let's play with him. :turnevil:

Liberal Hibby
26-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Fenton? :bye:

Fenton? Jesus Christ!!

tamig
26-11-2011, 01:42 PM

:jamboclow :violin::bye:

Elephant Stone
26-11-2011, 01:43 PM
I blame Fenton.

MSK
Bet the team you really support would take Tom Farmer and Rod Petrie anytime eh?Bet ye £100 he is no a yam ..

jdships

Have you ever met and spoken with STF ? If you have you wouldn't write nonsense like that .
You sound like one of the rats getting ready to leave the sinking ship :blah:

CentreLine
26-11-2011, 01:44 PM
:jamboid:

:jamboid:

--------
26-11-2011, 01:45 PM
I blame Fenton.

Fenton must go!

MSK
26-11-2011, 01:45 PM

Im not going to blame Fenton when hibs don't achieve, I never blamed, calderwood, or any of the other managers, the people I blame are Farmer and the board who appointed them, it's time to go Farmer and Petrie, with their soon to be only one team in Edinburgh, its time to start investing in the team to get the crowds back, its time for a change at the top:flag:John ..are you pished !!!!!

hugo boss
26-11-2011, 01:46 PM
ok, so farmer saved us 20 odd years ago, however farmer has no interest in football, the stadium is complete, the training facillities are in place, the only thing missing is the team on the park. Petrie also has no interest in football, although he does have too much of a say in football matters, he is an accountant, appointed by farmer.

Im not going to blame fenton when hibs don't achieve, i never blamed, calderwood, or any of the other managers, the people i blame are farmer and the board who appointed them, it's time to go farmer and petrie, with their soon to be only one team in edinburgh, its time to start investing in the team to get the crowds back, its time for a change at the top:flag:

shut up balloon

Pedantic_Hibee
26-11-2011, 01:47 PM
http://troll.me/images/facepalm-picard/you-are-the-worst-troll-ever.jpg

Spike Mandela
26-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Give the OP a bit of a break.

STF has stated before that if a suitable buyer was found he would sell and as for RP I'm sure director go stale the same as managers and players if they stay too long at one club.

No I don't know who could either afford to do it or indeed want to do it but would it be such a bad thing to have new ideas and a new direction at the top of the club?

We are in safe hands at the moment but hopefully one day when STF feels it is safe to do so somebody else might get the chance to take Hibs forward.

ALF TUPPER
26-11-2011, 01:53 PM

:rolleyes:

at the game today ???

wazoo1875
26-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Why does the OP have to be a Yam bam for having a difference of opinion ?
Maybe he's just steaming or has a massive head injury :na na:

jdships
26-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Give the OP a bit of a break.

STF has stated before that if a suitable buyer was found he would sell and as for RP I'm sure director go stale the same as managers and players if they stay too long at one club.

No I don't know who could either afford to do it or indeed want to do it but would it be such a bad thing to have new ideas and a new direction at the top of the club?

We are in safe hands at the moment but hopefully one day when STF feels it is safe to do so somebody else might get the chance to take Hibs forward.

:confused:
Not quite sure what you mean when you say " Give the OP a bit of a break." and then " We are in safe hands at the moment"
The OP is asking for STF/RP to step aside now and accuses STF of not having any interest in HFC
Do you agree or disagree ?

One Day Soon
26-11-2011, 02:04 PM

Is this post the product of:

a) Yam Fuddery

b) Non-prescription medication

c) Wife beats you over the head causing damage

d) Yesterday was pay day and you're still reeking

e) Yam bam spam fuddery

Spike Mandela
26-11-2011, 02:11 PM
:confused:
Not quite sure what you mean when you say " Give the OP a bit of a break." and then " We are in safe hands at the moment"
The OP is asking for STF/RP to step aside now and accuses STF of not having any interest in HFC
Do you agree or disagree ?

Not quite sure why you are confused as it was clear the guy was getting it a bit tight from everyone for expressing his view.

I am open to a new owner but have no strong view/desire to see it. Thought I made that clear enough in my post to be honest.:na na:

EuanH78
26-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Fenton? Jesus Christ!!

lol :greengrin

jdships
26-11-2011, 02:27 PM
Not quite sure why you are confused as it was clear the guy was getting it a bit tight from everyone for expressing his view.

I am open to a new owner but have no strong view/desire to see it. Thought I made that clear enough in my post to be honest.:na na:

Posters were just doing the same thing - " expressing their views"
Why not " defend " them for being subjected to his opinion :rolleyes::greengrin

Most of us I imagine have had a wee chuckle at the OP :wink:

Malthibby
26-11-2011, 02:27 PM
All hail STF & Petrie.
STF in paticular will be my hero for ever.
GG

147lothian
26-11-2011, 06:07 PM
Alright kenny, aye a had one or two, the point I was making though is it's no going to be Pat what's has name? s fault If he doesn't get funding! It's time to start funding the team on the park.

Elephant Stone
26-11-2011, 06:11 PM
Alright kenny, aye a had one or two, the point I was making though is it's no going to be Pat what's has name? s fault If he doesn't get funding! It's time to start funding the team on the park.

Fenlon will have been told what budget he's got, if he didn't think he could work with it he shouldn't have taken the job. I'm sure he'll be backed to the extent it's possible.

147lothian
26-11-2011, 06:16 PM
Aye im sure he will have been told by petrie, and it will be more than he gets in the league of ireland, but its time to splash to sort out the defence and midfield. Whoops I better be carefull that might be a bit too much for some on here.

The fact is no matter who the manager is if he's not going to get the backing of the board, he's not going to be able to do very much

down the slope
26-11-2011, 06:19 PM
I heard Rod on the BBC before the game extolling the past six seasons as if they had been a success !, utter clown who would not know a good game of football from a kick up the erse !.

1875 NO 1
26-11-2011, 06:25 PM
I heard Rod on the BBC before the game extolling the past six seasons as if they had been a success !, utter clown who would not know a good game of football from a kick up the erse !.

spot on.

yesterday and at agm kept saying top 6 is sporting success. Sum the man up no ambition. Finishing 6 is total rubbish in scotland.

Petrie you are only in a job cause of STF. Any other environment you would have had a p45 many years ago.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-11-2011, 06:29 PM
So its Sack the board, RP and STF out?

Then what?

You only need to look at the events round the world today and in recent history to see power vacuums are dangerous things.

In these crazy economic times there are not many better placed than RP and STF to chart a path through the stormy waters. Or maybe we should get that finance director dude that got a glowing report off the Yams?

This year in the SPL will likely be the most disruptive historically Hibs are better placed to weather the storm BUT only if we stop the rot.

HibeeMG
26-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Fenton? Jesus Christ!!

Very clever and also very funny!

It has to be said in the same despairing voice. :greengrin

147lothian
26-11-2011, 06:51 PM
We have an owner who hasn't invested any of his own money in Hibs, he isn't interested in football, so im not sure why there couldn't be a smooth transition to a new owner? We have came a long way since 1991, it's a case of thanks for what you did back then but its time to move on.

Alternatively tom could have a change of heart and see that rod needs to start investing in the team, but thats going a bit far

judas
26-11-2011, 06:53 PM

It's time for you to sit doon.

And it's Fenlon, not Fenton.

1875 NO 1
26-11-2011, 06:56 PM
So its Sack the board, RP and STF out?

Then what?

You only need to look at the events round the world today and in recent history to see power vacuums are dangerous things.

In these crazy economic times there are not many better placed than RP and STF to chart a path through the stormy waters. Or maybe we should get that finance director dude that got a glowing report off the Yams?

This year in the SPL will likely be the most disruptive historically Hibs are better placed to weather the storm BUT only if we stop the rot.

make better use of the money we spend. you cant spend what you dont have.

make better use of East Mains. Dont be given them time off whe we're bottom of league.

don't have an accountant running the fitba dept

SteveHFC
26-11-2011, 06:58 PM

Are you Keith Sands?:greengrin

judas
26-11-2011, 07:02 PM
Aye im sure he will have been told by petrie, and it will be more than he gets in the league of ireland, but its time to splash to sort out the defence and midfield. Whoops I better be carefull that might be a bit too much for some on here.

The fact is no matter who the manager is if he's not going to get the backing of the board, he's not going to be able to do very much

You remind me of an old quote 'Idealism tends to increase in direct proportion to ones distance from the problem'

Elephant Stone
26-11-2011, 07:04 PM
We have an owner who hasn't invested any of his own money in Hibs

You sure that's true? If it is, why should he? He owes us absolutely nothing.

im not sure why there couldn't be a smooth transition to a new owner

To who? Be careful what you wish for.

whiskyhibby
26-11-2011, 07:19 PM
You sure that's true? If it is, why should he? He owes us absolutely nothing.

To who? Be careful what you wish for.

Aye Maybe Vlad is looking to invest in the only stable Edinburgh side after getting shot of the manky mob from Tiny....:devil:

Viva_Palmeiras
26-11-2011, 07:29 PM
make better use of the money we spend. you cant spend what you dont have.

make better use of East Mains. Dont be given them time off whe we're bottom of league.

don't have an accountant running the fitba dept
Some faiR points. But i suspect a fee of these aspects (time off, better utilisation of EM) are not in the remit of sft or rp and wiuld be deemed interefernce surely?
If nit them who runs the show? Where are the contenders and what are their credentials?

1875 NO 1
26-11-2011, 07:35 PM
Some faiR points. But i suspect a fee of these aspects (time off, better utilisation of EM) are not in the remit of sft or rp and wiuld be deemed interefernce surely?
If nit them who runs the show? Where are the contenders and what are their credentials?

why should a manager have a free hand? no business in the world does a line manger get carte blanche. scott lyndsay should have had the balls to cancel time off untill cc and players earned it.

Plenty good passionate successful hibsbusiness men that could be chairman that would set a new strategy for the club.

and sack scott lyndsay and have a football man running east mains reporting into a chief exec.

Kaiser1962
26-11-2011, 07:38 PM
We have an owner who hasn't invested any of his own money in Hibs, he isn't interested in football, so im not sure why there couldn't be a smooth transition to a new owner? We have came a long way since 1991, it's a case of thanks for what you did back then but its time to move on.

Alternatively tom could have a change of heart and see that rod needs to start investing in the team, but thats going a bit far

What a load of pish. Whose money did he use?

Twa Cairpets
26-11-2011, 07:42 PM
why should a manager have a free hand? no business in the world does a line manger get carte blanche. scott lyndsay should have had the balls to cancel time off untill cc and players earned it.

Plenty good passionate successful hibsbusiness men that could be chairman that would set a new strategy for the club.

and sack scott lyndsay and have a football man running east mains reporting into a chief exec.

"Running East Mains"?

What does this actually mean? Are you advocating a "football man" whatever that is, should manage the facility? the budgets? What? Football coaches run the coaching side of the business, they operate underneath managers of the business side.

For me, I'd rather have a businessman who knows what he's doing running the business, or should we give the management of a £10,000,000 business, with however many staff, over to a person who has spent their entire life playing football.

HNA6
26-11-2011, 07:59 PM
Alright kenny, aye a had one or two, the point I was making though is it's no going to be Pat what's has name? s fault If he doesn't get funding! It's time to start funding the team on the park.Should have put yer tin hat on John ..the keyboard warriors are out in force tonight ..need ye in one piece for that picket line ...:aok:

Badge
26-11-2011, 08:04 PM
I'm pashed and haven't read the rest of what has been said but whoevrt stasrted this is talking ****

Kaiser1962
26-11-2011, 08:24 PM
Should have put yer tin hat on John ..the keyboard warriors are out in force tonight ..need ye in one piece for that picket line ...:aok:

If he's gonna make statements like STF has not invested any of his own money in Hibs and dosent back it up then he deserves all he gets from the keyboard warriors as you put it.

As for the picket line remark would make one assume that he, and you for that matter, are public service employees going on strike next week?

NGH
26-11-2011, 08:27 PM
[QUOTE=147lothian;3006001]Ok, so farmer saved us 20 odd years ago, however farmer has no interest in football, the stadium is complete, the training facillities are in place, the only thing missing is the team on the park. Petrie also has no interest in football, although he does have too much of a say in football matters, he is an accountant, appointed by farmer.

Im not going to blame Fenton when hibs don't achieve, I never blamed, calderwood, or any of the other managers, the people I blame are Farmer and the board who appointed them, it's time to go Farmer and Petrie, with their soon to be only one team in Edinburgh, its time to start investing in the team to get the crowds back, its time for a change at the top:flag:[/QUOTE

mmmmm.......complete tosh or total rubbish I'm finding it hard to decide.

HNA6
26-11-2011, 08:28 PM
If he's gonna make statements like STF has not invested any of his own money in Hibs and dosent back it up then he deserves all he gets from the keyboard warriors as you put it.

As for the picket line remark would make one assume that he, and you for that matter, are public service employees going on strike next week?First bit in bold ..never said he didnt ..second bit in bold ..im no going out ..too cold !!!!

jdships
26-11-2011, 08:29 PM

As for the picket line remark would make one assume that he, and you for that matter, are public service employees going on strike next week?

:top marks

Nuitdelune
26-11-2011, 08:31 PM

How do you know all this-the first paragraph I mean?

ronaldo7
26-11-2011, 08:46 PM

Pegs:dunno: Caravans:dunno: Tarmac your Drive:dunno:

Any idea how he paid for us 20 years ago?

IWasThere2016
26-11-2011, 09:11 PM
As recently as last year, the holding co - owned 90%:10% respectively by STF and RP - put £1m+ into Hibs as a loan. This will need re-paid but not IMHO before it needs to put more into Hibs as we are losing a fortune.

Anyone who thinks STF didn't use his own cash to save Hibs is deluded.

NAE NOOKIE
26-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Just finished reading Ted Brack's excellent book on Frank Sauzee.

That was the only time in STFs ownership of Hibs that we spent any kind of money on the squad as far as I am aware.

We got to watch two of the most sublime players I have ever seen play for Hibs in Latapy and the great man himself. We got to the Scottish cup final and who knows what might have happened if Sir frank hadnt been injured and wee Russell hadnt picked that week to do the stupidest thing he could. We gave the Yams a decent amount of cuffings ( 1 - 3, 6 - 2 anybody ) and got to enjoy the best European night at ER since the great European nights of the 60s and 70s, with easily the best atmosphere ever at ER.

It didnt even just come down to money but also to a manager who was prepared to dare to think that it was worth even taking the chance that players who should have been way out of our reach might be persuaded to come to ER.

Imagine what Latapy and Sauzee could do against the relatively poorer clubs in the SPL now. That is why I for one dont think its totally fair to be giving the OP such a hard time. It does seem that having achieved everything that they can off the field, that the current men in charge look like stalling when it comes to realising what is required on it.

That is why perhaps a change of owner wouldnt be a bad thing. Just coz mad Vlad across the city has turned the Yams into a bankrupt laughing stock doesnt mean to say that a new Hibs owner would do the same thing. I have the deepest respect for STF and he will always be a Hibs legend for as long as there is a Hibs.

But can Hibs go forward on the park under his ownership the way they have off it? I cant see that happening at the moment unless he is prepared to take at least a calculated gamble in the speculate to accumulate stakes, which as far as I can see is the only way he is going to bring any success to the club.

In that sense the Mowbray era was perhaps a bad thing for us in the long run because it gave the likes of Rod Petrie the foolish romantic notion that a club can be successfull purely through its youth set up. It cant, teams like that one are a once in 20 years stroke of luck and if you dont believe that look at what happened to Celtic after the 70s or Dundee Utd and Aberdeen after the 80s or even Man Utd after the 90s. There is no such thing as a never ending conveyor belt of young talent who all come good at the same time.

One thing is true. Doing well our home crowds are usually between 4 and 5 thousand bigger than at the moment, not to mention the money that getting to semis and finals brings in. Perhaps spending money on at least 3 really good players would be a gamble that would lose us money. But by doing nothing losing money in lost fans and T.V. money etc is a certainty.

147lothian
27-11-2011, 11:54 AM
The current Hibs team can't defend and they can't push forward from midfield, any surprise that they look like they lack confidence? If Fenlon is to be trusted with the Job he has to be funded, if not im not sure we will be ahead of Dunfermline and Inverness at the end of the season, unless funds are provided Im not talking about big amounts just enough to bring better players in.

Its time for the board to invest in the team on the park or move on! Having an accountant as chairman, is a huge risk, you can tell all the free transfers on low wages just lack basic skills.
The January transfer window will show the board's intent, lets see what happens then

Albion Hibs
27-11-2011, 11:59 AM

What a load of pash. You say you want them out then ask them to invest. The clubs income is falling, I cant see a bank gagging on giving money to a business that is significantly down on revenue, the opposite if anything. But to then say thanks for saving us, so that we are here 20 years on, building a stadium and training centre (things that hardly any other team in this country have) then asking him to leave is nothing short of a farce....oh but asking him to dig deep before he does.

tamig
27-11-2011, 12:02 PM
The current Hibs team can't defend and they can't push forward from midfield, any surprise that they look like they lack confidence? If Fenlon is to be trusted with the Job he has to be funded, if not im not sure we will be ahead of Dunfermline and Inverness at the end of the season, unless funds are provided Im not talking about big amounts just enough to bring better players in.

Its time for the board to invest in the team on the park or move on! Having an accountant as chairman, is a huge risk, you can tell all the free transfers on low wages just lack basic skills.
The January transfer window will show the board's intent, lets see what happens then

And do you not see that the Board have backed of all our previous managers with funds to get players in? You cannot say that we haven't invested in the team. At the end of the day, it's the manager who chooses how that budget is spent and what players he brings in. I really don't see where you're coming from with this one.

MSK
27-11-2011, 12:06 PM

The January transfer window will show the board's intent, lets see what happens thenLast I heard the board were going to support Fenlon in the next window (Petries own words not mine) why not wait & see what we do...hey ..you may even be pleasantly surprised ..

Kaiser1962
27-11-2011, 12:07 PM

I'm still waiting for you to tell me whose money STF has used to fund Hibs.

calumb
27-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Just finished reading Ted Brack's excellent book on Frank Sauzee.

That was the only time in STFs ownership of Hibs that we spent any kind of money on the squad as far as I am aware.

We got to watch two of the most sublime players I have ever seen play for Hibs in Latapy and the great man himself. We got to the Scottish cup final and who knows what might have happened if Sir frank hadnt been injured and wee Russell hadnt picked that week to do the stupidest thing he could. We gave the Yams a decent amount of cuffings ( 1 - 3, 6 - 2 anybody ) and got to enjoy the best European night at ER since the great European nights of the 60s and 70s, with easily the best atmosphere ever at ER.

It didnt even just come down to money but also to a manager who was prepared to dare to think that it was worth even taking the chance that players who should have been way out of our reach might be persuaded to come to ER.

Imagine what Latapy and Sauzee could do against the relatively poorer clubs in the SPL now. That is why I for one dont think its totally fair to be giving the OP such a hard time. It does seem that having achieved everything that they can off the field, that the current men in charge look like stalling when it comes to realising what is required on it.

That is why perhaps a change of owner wouldnt be a bad thing. Just coz mad Vlad across the city has turned the Yams into a bankrupt laughing stock doesnt mean to say that a new Hibs owner would do the same thing. I have the deepest respect for STF and he will always be a Hibs legend for as long as there is a Hibs.

But can Hibs go forward on the park under his ownership the way they have off it? I cant see that happening at the moment unless he is prepared to take at least a calculated gamble in the speculate to accumulate stakes, which as far as I can see is the only way he is going to bring any success to the club.

In that sense the Mowbray era was perhaps a bad thing for us in the long run because it gave the likes of Rod Petrie the foolish romantic notion that a club can be successfull purely through its youth set up. It cant, teams like that one are a once in 20 years stroke of luck and if you dont believe that look at what happened to Celtic after the 70s or Dundee Utd and Aberdeen after the 80s or even Man Utd after the 90s. There is no such thing as a never ending conveyor belt of young talent who all come good at the same time.

One thing is true. Doing well our home crowds are usually between 4 and 5 thousand bigger than at the moment, not to mention the money that getting to semis and finals brings in. Perhaps spending money on at least 3 really good players would be a gamble that would lose us money. But by doing nothing losing money in lost fans and T.V. money etc is a certainty.

Ok the chance of us bringing through nearly a whole team of young players again in slim but Hibs should be able to bring through a player every couple of years that they can then go on to cash in and now that the infra structure projects are finished this money would be able to be used to support the team.

Our problem is that we have wasted so much money in recent years by signing far too many poor quality journey men. A club like Hibs should be spending its budget on a good core of 11 or 12 players and supplement the rest of the squad with young players. Ok we might get caught short at times by injuries/suspension but i think most fans would prefer to see a 17 or 18 year old being given the chance rather than some other mediocre journey man that we have been paying far too much to hang abaout the club.

If you look at our bench yesterday you had the likes of Murray, Sodje, Agogo and Brown sitting there and you have to wonder whats the point in them being here if they can't get into that team.
How much are we wasting on having duds like that hanging round?

147lothian
27-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Theres a difference between giving a loan and funding the team out your own pocket, all the same theres no question that we need to say thank you for it, because at the time we were rooted. No arguement there.

We have moved on from then though, cleared debt as well as the stadium and training facillities. If the board don't fund the team on the park in Jan, I think we are in real danger of being relegated, if that happens, i've made it clear who I blame, lets wait and see what happens in Jan

Kaiser1962
27-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Theres a difference between giving a loan and funding the team out your own pocket, all the same theres no question that we need to say thank you for it, because at the time we were rooted. No arguement there.

We have moved on from then though, cleared debt as well as the stadium and training facillities. If the board don't fund the team on the park in Jan, I think we are in real danger of being relegated, if that happens, i've made it clear who I blame, lets wait and see what happens in Jan

So the North and South stand funding was a "loan" was it? If so when was it paid back? Its not on the accounts :dunno:

Hibiza
27-11-2011, 02:27 PM
How anyone can slag of Tom Farmer is totally beyond me.

BEEJ
27-11-2011, 02:55 PM
So the North and South stand funding was a "loan" was it? If so when was it paid back? Its not on the accounts :dunno:
Time to drag this newspaper article out again.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/european/hibs_reveal_full_extent_of_farmer_s_investment_1_6 57866

In the 11 years since, the club said, the Kwik-Fit founder’s financial muscle has been invaluable in keeping Hibs afloat. The entire burden of the 8million required to update the north and south stands was taken on by HFC Holdings, as opposed to Hibernian FC. Ninety per cent of HFC Holdings is owned by Farmer; the other ten per cent by Petrie, who acquired his stake in 1997.

Until 1999, the club had been shedding an annual 125,000 to lease the stadium from HFC Holdings. It was then agreed that Farmer should sell Easter Road back to Hibs, along with one acre of the old car park. The price of the transaction was 2.5million in cash, and 3.5million in new shares.

Hibs stressed that this had been an outstanding business coup for the club, as it meant they would be able to create a 21st-century stadium at a plain cost of only 2.5million. Farmer personally guaranteed the 4million Bank of Scotland loan that enabled them to press ahead with reconstruction of the main stand.

It should be acquired reading on here at least once every six months. It would save a lot of wasted effort.

How anyone can slag of Tom Farmer is totally beyond me.
:agree:

Kaiser1962
27-11-2011, 03:11 PM
Time to drag this newspaper article out again.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/european/hibs_reveal_full_extent_of_farmer_s_investment_1_6 57866

It should be acquired reading on here at least once every six months. It would save a lot of wasted effort.

:agree:

It should be. My overall point was that, unlike Vlad or others, STF did not borrow the cash from anyone and there is no one that the club is beholding to, other than STF. No one is knocking on our door or taking us to court. No shenanigans working through tax loopholes and offshore funds. Bet your sweet bippy we looked into it and stepped back because it wasnt the right thing to do. And our staff get paid. Always.

If someone comes over the horizon who can do a better job then I am all for it but, until that person appears, we should be grateful for what we have and remain alert for fly by night charlatans who bear false promise.

While the team may be junk (of that there is no doubt) we know that the team will still be here next season. Not every club can say that with such a degree of certainty as us. We've been in worse, much worse, positions than we are now.

Hibercelona
27-11-2011, 03:28 PM
If they ever make a sequal of the "The Untouchables", i'll be expecting to see RP and STF playing the main cast. :wink:

Give the OP bashing a rest. I'm sure he isn't the only person on .net that holds that view. Others are just keeping quiet so they don't get flamed and accused of being a yam fud, which seems to be standard procedure on here these days.

In my own personal opinion, I would like STF to stay as I don't find it necessary for a club owner to get hugely involved in the footballing matters, on the other hand I wouldn't bat an eye lid if RP and the other directors were to walk out the door.

Feed McGraw
27-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Just finished reading Ted Brack's excellent book on Frank Sauze

O-3 and 6-2 . :wink:

silverhibee
27-11-2011, 03:59 PM

So if he payed for these stands out of his own pocket(how many goals have they scored) :greengrin, then surely he can fund the team with some extra money for the new manager in January on top of the budget he gets.

He didn't build these stands to see them half empty when we play at home, he must want to see his club doing well and with our new stand complete the seats to be full of fans supporting the team, 20,000+ seater stadium and we can only muster about 8000 fans for home games, even STF can see that he has built a top stadium and a state of the art training complex but has a keek product on the pitch, he is our owner and he said at the AGM that there may be room for more investment from him, if that is the case it has to be spent on the team as there is nothing else for money to be spent on at the club.

Kaiser1962
27-11-2011, 04:08 PM
So if he payed for these stands out of his own pocket(how many goals have they scored)
:greengrin, then surely he can fund the team with some extra money for the new manager in January on top of the budget he gets.

He didn't build these stands to see them half empty when we play at home, he must want to see his club doing well and with our new stand complete the seats to be full of fans supporting the team, 20,000+ seater stadium and we can only muster about 8000 fans for home games, even STF can see that he has built a top stadium and a state of the art training complex but has a keek product on the pitch, he is our owner and he said at the AGM that there may be room for more investment from him, if that is the case it has to be spent on the team as there is nothing else for money to be spent on at the club.

I know you're being facetious but that is exactly the thinking that has the Yams in the position they are. And others before them.

I have no doubt the team will be funded as best we can, perhaps more so, and it's up to the manager to spend it wisely. Lets hope he can make a better fist of it than those that have went before him.

down the slope
27-11-2011, 04:09 PM
I don't think we can say the club has not spent on players but it is the quality of the players that is at fault. Maybe there is a wage cap on what we will give to any player ? if that is the case we will never rise above the mediocre as a few quality players can make a huge difference.

The Falcon
28-11-2011, 08:08 AM
It should be. My overall point was that, unlike Vlad or others, STF did not borrow the cash from anyone and there is no one that the club is beholding to, other than STF. No one is knocking on our door or taking us to court. No shenanigans working through tax loopholes and offshore funds. Bet your sweet bippy we looked into it and stepped back because it wasnt the right thing to do. And our staff get paid. Always.

If someone comes over the horizon who can do a better job then I am all for it but, until that person appears, we should be grateful for what we have and remain alert for fly by night charlatans who bear false promise.

While the team may be junk (of that there is no doubt) we know that the team will still be here next season. Not every club can say that with such a degree of certainty as us. We've been in worse, much worse, positions than we are now.

Bullseye and :top marks