PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates **** St.Johnstone 3 v 1 Hibernian **** FT

Pages : 1 [2]

blackpoolhibs
26-11-2011, 03:57 PM
I intend drinking tonight until I forget I support Hibs. Anybody else?

Yip me too, going out at 9. Might seem a bit late to you, but i probably wont get back home until at least 4am maybe 5. That should be enough time. :wink:

iwasthere1972
26-11-2011, 03:57 PM
1652: FULL TIME: Celtic 5-0 Hibernian, St Johnstone 3-1 Hibernian

Oh dear....

That wouldn't have happened if Colin was still here.

Dashing Bob S
26-11-2011, 03:58 PM
1652: FULL TIME: Celtic 5-0 Hibernian, St Johnstone 3-1 Hibernian

Oh dear....

To be fair, our defense is so poor it's almost conceivable that they could lose two games simultaneously.

Andy74
26-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Nonsense, no pass, no shot, no move is unstoppable, unless the ball flys into the net faster than the speed of light.

It's a pretty daft thing to argue about. Of course all goals in theory are avoidable.

As in other sports there are things however that can be seen as clear errors and some opportunities that are unearned as opposed to earned.

We do provide teams with more opportunities than just about anyone.

CapitalHibs
26-11-2011, 04:00 PM
It's a pretty daft thing to argue about. Of course all goals in theory are avoidable.

As in other sports there are things however that can be seen as clear errors and some opportunities that are unearned as opposed to earned.

:agree:

Mikeystewart
26-11-2011, 04:01 PM

Yes completely agree, just think some people are asking for something historically we are not capable of achieving.

Arch Stanton
26-11-2011, 04:03 PM
When is a goal not a defensive error? :confused:

Most of Messi's goals for a start.

GreenCastle
26-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Yet again we spend two weeks laughing at Hearts and their financial state and we get back to footie and they stretch away from us in the league again. Really pisses me off.:fuming::fuming:

They don't even pay their players and they seem to achieve more than us ?

Total farce - more changes needed - coaching staff / players and if that doesn't help the board if this appointment all goes wrong.

Let's wait and see what PF does - how much worse can this get ?

Houchy
26-11-2011, 04:11 PM
FFS hope Mr Fenlon has brought a magic wand with him

Or some magic mushrooms for the fans.

Liberal Hibby
26-11-2011, 04:13 PM
A bit unfair really - as we were also playing Celtc at the same time...

BBC Live Saturday football (http://livingonwords.blogspot.com/2011/11/hibs-lose-twice-on-same-day.html)

SRHibs
26-11-2011, 04:20 PM
Don't think I've ever found myself less interested in a Hibs game. Sad times.

blackpoolhibs
26-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Don't think I've ever found myself less interested in a Hibs game. Sad times.

I decided to work rather than go to todays game, thats a first for me. (no not working) :wink:

greenlex
26-11-2011, 04:59 PM
I decided to work rather than go to todays game, thats a first for me. (no not working) :wink:

Oh how I wish you hadn't added the bit in brackets.:hibees

IWasThere2016
26-11-2011, 05:02 PM

They don't even pay their players and they seem to achieve more than us ?

Total farce - more changes needed - coaching staff / players and if that doesn't help the board if this appointment all goes wrong.

Let's wait and see what PF does - how much worse can this get ?

Yup - they're run by a nutter, are a ****ing shambles and yet out perform us where it matters time after time.

We're a mess and some need to wake up to this fact.

NAE NOOKIE
26-11-2011, 05:07 PM
First the BBC commentators:

As has been said before, their comments during the first 30 minutes about the game in Scotland were pathetic not to mention the fact that for the whole match they hardly described the play at all. At one point the commentator was rabbiting on about something and you heard the co commentator go oooh! as something happened. Where the hell was the description of the lead up tp whatever made him come out with that FFS.

Truly awfull effort by them, but in general that sums up most of the so called experts on Radio Scotland, so pre occupied telling us how rank the game is up here that they forgot that its the game which gives them a bloody living. Aye theres nothing wrong with a bit of honesty, or constructive criticism. But these guys seem to be revelling in it ............. Hell mend the lot of them !!!

As for Hibs:

When for the second new manager in a row the players cant put in an even half decent performance when he is watching them for the first time it really tells you all you need to know about their ability.

Somebody on here suggested that a game should be organised between the first team and the under 19s. I would love to see that, because I for one am not in the least convinced that the first team would cover themselves in glory over that particular 90 minutes.

If Pat Fenlon can turn that lot into a decent football team he will be the best manager this club has had in 30 years.

Calvin
26-11-2011, 05:09 PM
David Stephens twitter: "Hands up ... Sh*te today!!"

Scouse Hibee
26-11-2011, 05:12 PM
When is a goal not a defensive error? :confused:

:confused: Not a serious question surely?

mon the cabbage
26-11-2011, 05:13 PM
even worse if you were going to win £409 in a bet

Only team that let me down!

BEEJ
26-11-2011, 05:19 PM
First the BBC commentators:

As has been said before, their comments during the first 30 minutes about the game in Scotland were pathetic not to mention the fact that for the whole match they hardly described the play at all. At one point the commentator was rabbiting on about something and you heard the co commentator go oooh! as something happened. Where the hell was the description of the lead up tp whatever made him come out with that FFS.
It was Scott Davey of BBC Radio Scotland who is famous for that. He'd rather prattle on about some bizarre, irrelevant statistic he's compiled during the week than describe the action in front of him.

Awful, but nothing new.

basehibby
26-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Hibs: Stack, Hanlon, OHanlon, W'spoon, Scott, Stevenson, Sproule, Stephens, Osbourne, Towell, Griffiths

Subs: Brown, Galbraith, Palsson, Welsh, Sodje, Agogo, Murray.

One thing about this and the last game is at least it proves BB was never going to be the answer.

If Murray is fit he should be on the pitch IMO. He may be slowing up a bit these days but possesses passion and leadership qualities which the side sorely lacks at the moment.

Starting with Sproule and Griffiths up front/Griffiths on his own has fail written all over it as well. Griffiths has looked good but needs a partner to complement and contrast with - Sproule aint that man - too similar. What's happened to O'Connor? - is he injured? If so then surely Agogo or Sodje would have been worth a try from the start?

I've nothing against Brown but he doesn't cut it as a manager for me with selections like that - we have a paucity of quality at the moment but he's handicapped us from the start with his starting lineups twice in a row now. Can't see him staying on as he'll no doubt be dissappointed at not landing the main gig. Would like to see Fenlon bring in his own no2 anyway.

basehibby
26-11-2011, 05:27 PM
Hibs: Stack, Hanlon, OHanlon, W'spoon, Scott, Stevenson, Sproule, Stephens, Osbourne, Towell, Griffiths

Subs: Brown, Galbraith, Palsson, Welsh, Sodje, Agogo, Murray.

One thing about this and the last game is at least it proves BB was never going to be the answer.

If Murray is fit he should be on the pitch IMO. He may be slowing up a bit these days but possesses passion and leadership qualities which the side sorely lacks at the moment.

Starting with Sproule and Griffiths up front/Griffiths on his own has fail written all over it as well. Griffiths has looked good but needs a partner to complement and contrast with - Sproule aint that man - too similar. What's happened to O'Connor? - is he injured? If so then surely Agogo or Sodje would have been worth a try from the start?

I've nothing against Brown but he doesn't cut it as a manager for me with selections like that - we have a paucity of quality at the moment but he's handicapped us from the start with his starting lineups twice in a row now. Can't see him staying on as he'll no doubt be dissappointed at not landing the main gig. Would like to see Fenlon bring in his own no2 anyway.

johnrebus
26-11-2011, 05:43 PM
Yet again we spend two weeks laughing at Hearts and their financial state and we get back to footie and they stretch away from us in the league again. Really pisses me off.:fuming::fuming:
Yes, but that is the whole point is'n't it ?

They are better than us, because they have better players than us.
And they have better players than us because they have thrown away over £60m on their playing staff in the last seven years.

Have patience, because that is all about to end.

Forever

BroxburnHibee
26-11-2011, 07:34 PM

Miles ahead of you :greengrin

essexhibee
26-11-2011, 08:34 PM
From a Saints fan.... "Was a tricky one for us today as Hibs have a new manager themselves but they are far from the team that the name Hibernian deserves and in truth it could and should have been five or six for us."

He knows. Top Lad. :aok::aok:

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-11-2011, 08:59 PM
I was at the game today for the first time in a while, basically a reminder of why I stopped going!

nortonhibby
26-11-2011, 08:59 PM
To be fair, our defense is so poor it's almost conceivable that they could lose two games simultaneously.

What Defence ?

silverhibee
26-11-2011, 09:08 PM

Who are Hibs again. :cheers: :smokin :pray: :worried: :party: :boo hoo:

silverhibee
26-11-2011, 09:11 PM
Is there a single back 4 we could put out that would be in any way up to it?

I honestly don't think there is.

Stuck with what we have got until January, worrying times until January with whatever back four we put out.

silverhibee
26-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Yup - they're run by a nutter, are a ****ing shambles and yet out perform us where it matters time after time.

We're a mess and some need to wake up to this fact.

Relagation beckons the way Hibs are going.

silverhibee
26-11-2011, 09:21 PM
Miles ahead of you :greengrin

I have finished the beer and started on the valium, something more to numb the pain of being a Hibs supporter just now.

?Who are Hibs again, valium working ii think. :greengrin

Just heard the players are having a good time up town tonight. :rolleyes:

truehibernian
26-11-2011, 09:26 PM
I have finished the beer and started on the valium, something more to numb the pain of being a Hibs supporter just now.

?Who are Hibs again, valium working ii think. :greengrin

Just heard the players are having a good time up town tonight. :rolleyes:

Surely you can't be surprised at that SH. That valium must be good

silverhibee
26-11-2011, 09:35 PM
Surely you can't be surprised at that SH. That valium must be good

Not surprised at all with them, how do you stop it is the big question.

The wee blue sweeties are numbing the pain of being at the game today, along with the beer, getting there. :greengrin

truehibernian
26-11-2011, 09:40 PM
Not surprised at all with them, how do you stop it is the big question.

The wee blue sweeties are numbing the pain of being at the game today, along with the beer, getting there. :greengrin

Tea, vapour rub and benylin for me SH...............and by the way, when did Dime bars become Daim bars.......what's that all aboot !!!

In all seriousness SH I don't think we will ever curb it. The players are celebs first, footballers second. But it's the same the other side of the city. Hearts and Hibs players will never really ever succeed because they are allowed to play at being pro's. Everyone is allowed a beer now and again granted......our lads simply can't wait to get to the bar quick enough. It's a short career they are making even shorter for themselves (some of them).

Fenlon will get stuck into them I hope.

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-11-2011, 10:41 PM
:agree:Relagation beckons the way Hibs are going. It really is time for the players to realise this, before its too late.

Hibernia Na Eir
26-11-2011, 11:34 PM
the 11 "men" who took part in the kickabout in Perth can maybe reflect on how dire and juvenile each of them were. Good luck Pat Fenlon.

SouthamptonHibs
27-11-2011, 09:41 AM
i'm up at over xmas and will be at the united game and the ICT game, traditionaly me and the lads would be in full voice and large numbers as it's all about the day out,this year i think at best they'll be 3 of us going to United away and thats due to me buying the drinks! The lads that go every week are seek, had enough would rather go to the german market than watch the Hibs...got a feeling United away will be a long long day thank **** for beer and whisky hail hail:top marks