View Full Version : U19's - today - hibs 2 rangers 0 FT

down-the-slope
26-11-2011, 09:27 AM
Anyone heard if still on?

Blowing a Hooley....EM will be interesting :rolleyes:

MSK
26-11-2011, 09:30 AM

Blowing a Hooley....EM will be interesting :rolleyes:Wide open ..will be a mare down there today ..:agree:

down-the-slope
26-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Wide open ..will be a mare down there today ..:agree:

Himilayan Sherpa gear and a flask...as well as a length of rope to lash myself to a post required.....

Important match in terms of the league and these youngsters progress though

MSK
26-11-2011, 09:55 AM
Himilayan Sherpa gear and a flask...as well as a length of rope to lash myself to a post required.....

Important match in terms of the league and these youngsters progress thoughGood luck ..wi that wind you will shed a lair o skin !!! :greengrin

snooky
26-11-2011, 10:03 AM

Blowing a Hooley....EM will be interesting :rolleyes:

I expect the Haddington Athletic goalie will have his work cut out today - baws coming in from every gemme west o' their park.

down-the-slope
26-11-2011, 10:26 AM
I wonder if the new manager will take in first half before heading north to his seat in the stand :confused:

forthhibby
26-11-2011, 11:54 AM
HIbs 1- 0 rangers at halftime

scoopyboy
26-11-2011, 12:08 PM
As Forth Hibby said 1-0 at ht.

As expected blowing a gale.

Hibs kicked against it so second half should give us advantage.

Even against the wind Hibs were the better team by far.

Daniel Handling off to hospital with head cut.

Forster scored not long before ht.

.Sean.
26-11-2011, 12:09 PM
I expect the Haddington Athletic goalie will have his work cut out today - baws coming in from every gemme west o' their park. Never seen wind like it here, the games at Millfield are all off. Bracing myself for this 'wander' down the road!

greenlex
26-11-2011, 12:29 PM
HIbs 1- 0 rangers at halftime
Dougie are you down there? Has Fenlon taken any of it in?

derek0762
26-11-2011, 12:45 PM
2nil Sam Stanton direct free kick :-)

greenlex
26-11-2011, 12:45 PM
2nil Sam Stanton direct free kick :-)
Get in.:flag::flag:

oconnors_strip
26-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Full time. Gutted I wasn't there :(

greenlex
26-11-2011, 01:08 PM
YES!!!!!!! love beating them at every level. :agree::flag::flag: Well done ma bonnie laddies.:flag:

forthhibby
26-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Dougie are you down there? Has Fenlon taken any of it in?

Not there sir, getting twitter updates, just parted up at perth

down-the-slope
26-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Just back...alot of decent football played considering it was the usual breezy :rolleyes: EM weather...

Young Hibs managed to master the conditions better than young Gers who over hit so many balls with wind behind them first half. I thought early that 0-0 at HT would be fantastic so to go into break 1-0 up was great. Some really good inter play keeping the ball on the ground and defending well...not a single shot by young gers first half while we had several decent chances.

Second half we took a bit of time to adjust and not get sucked into over hitting passes with the wind. Young gers managed to get a bit more possession and had better passages of play in middle 1/3 of half. Sammy Stanton got more involved in play second period which helped keep it 1-0...always thought with the wind a second goal would seal it. It was never a free kick out wide when gers No4 (one of their best players) used his body to hold of hibs player...However young Sammy took it right out on touchline 25 yards out (maybe 35 yards in total) and hit a goal that even wind assisted was a thing of beauty....:greengrin as soon as it left his boot you knew it was right in the top opposite corner...thin HI might have caught it on film

wazoo1875
26-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Well done the wee Hibs,again !!
Nice to see them showing the senior 11 how it's done :greengrin

HH81
26-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Great result :agree:

Lets hope the first team can repeat it today.

derek0762
26-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Just back...alot of decent football played considering it was the usual breezy :rolleyes: EM weather...

Young Hibs managed to master the conditions better than young Gers who over hit so many balls with wind behind them first half. I thought early that 0-0 at HT would be fantastic so to go into break 1-0 up was great. Some really good inter play keeping the ball on the ground and defending well...not a single shot by young gers first half while we had several decent chances.

Second half we took a bit of time to adjust and not get sucked into over hitting passes with the wind. Young gers managed to get a bit more possession and had better passages of play in middle 1/3 of half. Sammy Stanton got more involved in play second period which helped keep it 1-0...always thought with the wind a second goal would seal it. It was never a free kick out wide when gers No4 (one of their best players) used his body to hold of hibs player...However young Sammy took it right out on touchline 25 yards out (maybe 35 yards in total) and hit a goal that even wind assisted was a thing of beauty....:greengrin as soon as it left his boot you knew it was right in the top opposite corner...thin HI might have caught it on film

Not sure if HIbs tv was there but Rangers tv deff was, so should be on their site later :-)

down-the-slope
26-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Not sure if HIbs tv was there but Rangers tv deff was, so should be on their site later :-)

Ah bugger......did wonder why the normal incumbant had turned into a young lady :wink:....anyone who can blag footage off there pls :aok:

BEEJ
26-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Great result! :flag:

About time we signed up a few of these guys on professional contracts before the OF get their claws into them.

Badge
26-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Great result! :flag:

About time we signed up a few of these guys on professional contracts before the OF get their claws into them.

Correct and promote those who deserve to be to the first team squad

sboothibs
26-11-2011, 08:25 PM
:flag:

Was there with the wee one and as said ealier the young lads played at lot of good footie (on the ground, even in those conditions). Great to see these lads keeping up the "Hibees" way of playing football.

I must say, this season, it has been great watching these lads play. Somehow makes up for the so called first eleven !!!!!

Here's the the future.

:hibees