PDA

View Full Version : A reaction from the Players?

Reaper
26-11-2011, 09:26 AM
Will we see a big reaction from the players today in response to a new manager being installed? I'm presuming the team will be primarily picked by Billy Brown and Fenlon will be more of an observer today (could be wrong) unless he see's something blatant that he can change.

New Manager, New Era c'mon the Cabbage! :flag:

Judas Iscariot
26-11-2011, 09:33 AM
Not sure..

You cannae polish a ***** etc

Some of this mob are utterly woeful, hat off to Pat if he can muster anything that remotely resembles a team out of this shower

Craig_in_Prague
26-11-2011, 09:42 AM
Nope! Another defeat me thinks, but I would absolutely love the team to fight, play decent and win (or even draw)........ Just can't see it, bunch o losers.

Jack
26-11-2011, 10:00 AM
I disagree with most of you. I believe there are good players in the squad and I hope Pat can mold them into a hard working team. I believe he can.

As for todays result - who knows, anything could happen in that 90 minutes.

CallumLaidlaw
26-11-2011, 10:12 AM
I disagree with most of you. I believe there are good players in the squad and I hope Pat can mold them into a hard working team. I believe he can.

Agreed. Stephens, Hanlon, Booth, Osborne, Wotherspoon, Thornhill, O' Connor & Griffiths are all decent players.
Ivan has shown in the past what he is capable of, but we've only seen glimpses of that this time around.
Stevenson is extremely hardworking, has a good engine and actually cares.
Palsson that played in the first couple of games for us, is excellent. He hasn't seemed interested since tho.
Sodje showed last season that he can score goals at this level.
Galbraith & Hart I just can't see cutting it at hibs. Ever.

PeeJay
26-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Anyone know if the game is being shown on tv???:confused:

snooky
26-11-2011, 10:19 AM

One of our problems would appear to be fitness. That won't come overnight.
The players, despite their limitations, have been punching well below their weight.

What we as fans should look for is not an instant fix but a steady improvement week by week, with an acceptance that there will be a few hiccups along the way.

hibeegunner
26-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Does anyone think we have appointed the wrong man again what does he know about the SPL it it another CC waiting to happen who had no idea about the scottish game thoughts please.:flag:

Craig_in_Prague
26-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Does anyone think we have appointed the wrong man again what does he know about the SPL it it another CC waiting to happen who had no idea about the scottish game thoughts please.:flag:

That the Balance Sheet IS important, and Hibs will be around for many years to come. :aok:

MSK
26-11-2011, 10:26 AM
Does anyone think we have appointed the wrong man again what does he know about the SPL it it another CC waiting to happen who had no idea about the scottish game thoughts please.:flag:Aw gie the guy a chance ffs !!!!! ...

Eyrie
26-11-2011, 10:36 AM
This time last year that would have been a good post. This time this year it's very much a minority view.

:pfgwa

Northernhibee
26-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Does anyone think we have appointed the wrong man again what does he know about the SPL it it another CC waiting to happen who had no idea about the scottish game thoughts please.:flag: Nutsy is apparently very knowledgable about the SPL.

Golden Bear
26-11-2011, 10:47 AM

For a start I've no idea who actually applied for the job so it's just possible to make a comparison on what could or might have been. Secondly Pat Fenlon has an outstanding record and the guy must have that extra "something" as other scottish clubs have also tried to recruit him as their Manager. Thirdly ------- he surely deserves a chance before you or anyone else can conclude that he was "the wrong man."

What is the basis of your opinion?

sleeping giant
26-11-2011, 10:53 AM

He's said over and over that he keeps tabs on the SPL and even comes over for games.
Every ex player of his i've heard interviewed have said that he is into scottish football.

Have you not read/heard ANY of these interviews ?

hibeegunner
26-11-2011, 10:57 AM
The outstanding record you speak of was acheived in a league that is worse than ours. Yes time will tell but don't hold your breath.
For a start I've no idea who actually applied for the job so it's just possible to make a comparison on what could or might have been. Secondly Pat Fenlon has an outstanding record and the guy must have that extra "something" as other scottish clubs have also tried to recruit him as their Manager. Thirdly ------- he surely deserves a chance before you or anyone else can conclude that he was "the wrong man."

What is the basis of your opinion?

MSK
26-11-2011, 11:03 AM
The outstanding record you speak of was acheived in a league that is worse than ours. Yes time will tell but don't hold your breath.So who did you want ..?...obviously not Fenlon judging by your first two posts ..

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-11-2011, 11:04 AM
I think that the result is almost by-the-by today. The wind is more akin to Twister or Wizard of Oz up here today, so proper football may not be on the agenda from either team. Looking to see how our players roll the sleeves up, play for the team and not for themselves.

Judas Iscariot
26-11-2011, 11:18 AM
Agreed. Stephens, Hanlon, Booth, Osborne, Wotherspoon, Thornhill, O' Connor & Griffiths are all decent players.
Ivan has shown in the past what he is capable of, but we've only seen glimpses of that this time around.
Palsson that played in the first couple of games for us, is excellent. He hasn't seemed interested since tho.

There may well be some "decent" players in the team but they haven't been putting in many even "decent" performances...

If Sodje was any good why hasn't he been playing?

I'd rather we had "excellent" players rather than "decent"...

Viva_Palmeiras
26-11-2011, 12:56 PM
So who did you want ..?...obviously not Fenlon judging by your first two posts ..
Continue the smoke out boys ;)

--------
26-11-2011, 01:48 PM

I smell troll. From Devon - he's farther away from ER than Pat was in Dublin....

:troll:

Now to answer the OP...

There SHOULD be a reaction today - first to impress the new boss and second to support BB who as far as I can see hasn't done much wrong in his time at ER.

But the problem is that so many are on short-term contracts, and one or two rather noticeably spat the dummy when Calderwood left. It's a question of what team BB puts out, plus the players' personal professionalism.

PeeJay
26-11-2011, 02:20 PM
From what I've read and heard, PF won't have had any input into today's team selection or tactics - I would assume that the players will be trying to impress the new manager today, but why any of them should is beyond me...

Beefster
26-11-2011, 03:49 PM

I think most of those players have shown repeatedly that they are not good enough. A manager might be responsible for a team not playing well but you can't hold a manager responsible for a lack of pace or inability to pass to a teammate five yards away, I'm afraid.

fatbloke
26-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Aye an allergic one to playin good football. today will be the same ****** we have almost weekly since Mowbray left. No guts poor fitness a losing/couldn't care less mentality. Have now switched off radio coverage, might do some ironing.

Gettin' Auld
26-11-2011, 04:47 PM

My thoughts are.............Try using a comma now and then!!

Don Giovanni
26-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Nope.

Alfred E Newman
26-11-2011, 05:01 PM
From what I've read and heard, PF won't have had any input into today's team selection or tactics - I would assume that the players will be trying to impress the new manager today, but why any of them should is beyond me...

These useless players masquarading as Hibernian Football Club are incapable of impressing anyone. If he didn`t know it already, Pat Fenlon will now realise what a massive job he has on his hands. I would expect a player clear out and and hopefully a clear out of the coaching staff as soon as possible.

HKhibby
26-11-2011, 06:10 PM

Totally agree with you mate!, and im not going on todays result against St Johnstone either!, i may be wrong, but havnt been with the last few since Mowbray!, you are right, and there is just something about this appointment that doesnt feel right to me!...if im wrong, well good luck to the guy!

GloryGlory
26-11-2011, 06:11 PM
I'm sure PF will have done his research, spoken to contacts within the game and know that Hibs are seen as a soft touch in the SPL, lacking the will to win and the ability to battle. He'll have his plans and will no doubt bring in a couple of tough guys to stiffen the spine.

Well, at least that's what I'm hoping!

Gala Foxes
26-11-2011, 07:16 PM
At least PF has now seen it for himself and isn't going to be deluded in to thinking that the squad we have at Easter Road at the moment is either talented enough or motivated enough.

Good luck to him - the SPL is as mediocre just now as it's ever been and we have consistently been struggling for 2 years now against teams with far smaller resources than us