PDA

View Full Version : Billy Brown

dp00
25-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Anyone know what's happening with billy brown ?

Sir David Gray
25-11-2011, 08:18 PM
He'll be in charge tomorrow but reading between the lines during Fenlon's interview today, I think Brown will be gone by the early part of next week as he brings in his own staff.

greenlex
25-11-2011, 08:21 PM
He'll be in charge tomorrow but reading between the lines during Fenlon's interview today, I think Brown will be gone by the early part of next week as he brings in his own staff. Yup I think so too.

AlbertK86
25-11-2011, 08:26 PM
He'll be in charge tomorrow but reading between the lines during Fenlon's interview today, I think Brown will be gone by the early part of next week as he brings in his own staff.

Yep...No way he was going to say he was getting rid when Brown in charge tomorrow... Good tactic by Paddy to say he'll speak to Billy and the rest Sunday or Monday but obviously a win would make these talks all the easier.

Good feeling about the guy. Like his manner

nortonhibby
25-11-2011, 08:33 PM
So last chance to see BB Do the spinny wheel thing with his hands:confused: well done RP Another one of your appointments bites the dust.

And how much will it cost us to get rid of this one ?

RP You have dodged more bullits than the Matrix, a slippery fish you are as well, a slippery fish lined with teflon.

BroxburnHibee
25-11-2011, 08:38 PM
So last chance to see BB Do the spinny wheel thing with his hands:confused: well done RP Another one of your appointments bites the dust.

RP You have dodged more bullits than the Matrix, a slippery fish you are as well, a slippery fish lined with teflon.

Dear oh dear!

No one knows what will happen (apart from PF maybe) but lets not let that get in the way of a good old pop at RP eh!

MyJo
25-11-2011, 08:44 PM

So you would rather RP didnt back our new manager if he chooses to bring in his own people and force him to keep BB on as his assistant then i take it :dunno:

bingo70
25-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Dear oh dear!

No one knows what will happen (apart from PF maybe) but lets not let that get in the way of a good old pop at RP eh!

It's pops like that one that devalue any genuine criticisms people may have, I'm fairly open minded about the possibility RP being to blame for the wrongs at the club despite the fact nobody can tell me what he actually does wrong, however you then see people having a go about rubbish like that and you realise that a lot of the people with gripes just have a massive agendas and are not actually giving a genuine criticism of what he does.

CRAZYHIBBY
25-11-2011, 08:53 PM
billy brown has been an excellent servant to hibs and it would be a shame to see him go so soon

stubru59
25-11-2011, 08:54 PM
BB is only contracted until the end of the season. I genuinely think PF will have an open mind on the matter. It'll be a case of seeing see what the vibes are, and taking it from there.

lyonhibs
25-11-2011, 08:59 PM
billy brown has been an excellent servant to hibs and it would be a shame to see him go so soon

Easy tiger!!! He's been here about 3 months, if that.

I think he still has something to offer on the coaching side though.

Beefster
25-11-2011, 09:00 PM
It's pops like that one that devalue any genuine criticisms people may have, I'm fairly open minded about the possibility RP being to blame for the wrongs at the club despite the fact nobody can tell me what he actually does wrong, however you then see people having a go about rubbish like that and you realise that a lot of the people with gripes just have a massive agendas and are not actually giving a genuine criticism of what he does.

Plenty of posters have gone to great lengths to constructively point out the failings in the running of the club. I think you're reading the wrong posts.

Peevemor
25-11-2011, 09:08 PM
As I posted on another thread, getting rid of BB would involve buying out his contract. PF may decide it'd be a good thing to have him around, even just for a couple of months, given his knowledge of the Scottish game

smurf
25-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Very unusual for a new guy to keep on the assistant. I expect BB to go.

lapsedhibee
25-11-2011, 09:11 PM
Yep...No way he was going to say he was getting rid when Brown in charge tomorrow... Good tactic by Paddy to say he'll speak to Billy and the rest Sunday or Monday but obviously a win would make these talks all the easier.Good feeling about the guy. Like his manner

I didn't really get his point here. If he plans to bring his own folk in, wouldn't talks with Billy Brown and others be easier if we get absolutely horsed?

E10 Rifle
25-11-2011, 09:18 PM
His body language, when asked if he was bringing in his own AM? said 'YES...I just can't say it'...

...and he should be allowed to bring his own team in too. CC wasn't and that didn't work out well.

FranckSuzy
25-11-2011, 09:20 PM
What if we win tomorrow? Will wee Pat want to tinker with a winning team-players and management? :confused:

Sammy7nil
25-11-2011, 09:26 PM
What if we win tomorrow? Will wee Pat want to tinker with a winning team-players and management? :confused:

Certainly hope so as we have had false dawn after false dawn with these losers

nortonhibby
25-11-2011, 09:27 PM

he has only been there a few months and results have not improved, sorry but time to get rid of the yam fud. see ya BB:flag:

Spike Mandela
25-11-2011, 09:36 PM
Anyone know what's happening with billy brown ?

Why does anyone care. He's been here five minutes. Just let the new manager do what he wants.

coco22
25-11-2011, 10:21 PM
Why does anyone care. He's been here five minutes. Just let the new manager do what he wants.

respect BB but no loyalty afforded to him. think he is a good fitba guy and hopefully will walk into another job - fenlon needs to do whatever he needs to do in order to get us back on track (if he rates and keeps on BB then great).

madabouthibs
25-11-2011, 10:28 PM
Might suit Billy B if we let him go, I can't see it being too long before JJ is touted for a job somewhere, and he'll probably want his own coaching team. If BB is a free agent then he'll pretty much walk into an assistant role with him. Good luck to him I say. :thumbsup:

whiskyhibby
25-11-2011, 10:28 PM

:crazy::dummytit:

iwasthere1972
25-11-2011, 10:37 PM
I hope that Pat Fenlon and Billy Brown can work together but if Fenlon thinks that it's better to bring in his own number 2 then so be it. We can't let sentiment stand in the way of our quest to lift that big silver thing at Hampden in May.

In Pat we trust. :aok:

Jim44
25-11-2011, 10:40 PM
If Fenlon knows as much about Scottish football as we are led to believe, Brown will surely get what he deserves. If he's kept on in some capacity, fine, but I suspect that Fenlon will want to bring in his own number two and Brown will be too proud to take a demotion.

coco22
25-11-2011, 10:45 PM
If Fenlon knows as much about Scottish football as we are led to believe, Brown will surely get what he deserves. If he's kept on in some capacity, fine, but I suspect that Fenlon will want to bring in his own number two and Brown will be too proud to take a demotion.

a bit harsh jimbo! surely deserves a 'cheers and good luck' at worst?

HibeeMG
25-11-2011, 10:52 PM

Ahhh, I get it!

It's like Simon Says. If you don't put the taxi smiley then you don't really mean it. That's the only explanation for outbursts like that.

Jim44
25-11-2011, 11:05 PM

a bit harsh jimbo! surely deserves a 'cheers and good luck' at worst?

Maybe what I said comes across as if I think Brown should get the heave but what I meant is that Fenlon will keep him on if he really thinks he can do a job for him. I just happen to think that Fenlon will have somebody else in mind.

HKhibby
26-11-2011, 12:44 AM
personally think getting rid of Billy Brown will come back to haunt us!, if they do it wont be long until he teams up with Jeffries again, then come back and give us a right good hiding!, maybe Aberdeen or somewhere!

HibeeMG
26-11-2011, 12:55 AM
personally think getting rid of Billy Brown will come back to haunt us!, if they do it wont be long until he teams up with Jeffries again, then come back and give us a right good hiding!, maybe Aberdeen or somewhere!

Nah, JJ's due another humping from us. :greengrin

soupy
26-11-2011, 10:07 AM
Broony must stay, Broony must stay.......:-)

TornadoHibby
26-11-2011, 10:20 AM
As I posted on another thread, getting rid of BB would involve buying out his contract. PF may decide it'd be a good thing to have him around, even just for a couple of months, given his knowledge of the Scottish game

:agree:

Wouldn't be surprised if that (at least) happened! :wink:

Greenblood70
26-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Players usually get a clean slate when a new manager is appointed. Will be interesting to see if the likes of Pallson and Agogo are brought back in to the fold as it seems Billy Brown didn't rate them (and others if rumours are to be believed).

Personally I'd like to see Fenlon bring in his own team and we can start afresh.