PDA

View Full Version : Impressed By Nutsy's Sartorial Debut

Dashing Bob S
25-11-2011, 03:31 PM
He looked a dapper little chap, and I've never seen anybody sport a Hibs tie to such great effect. I'm sure Nutsy knows his way to the Harvey Nichols in South Dublin's Dundrum shopping centre, a short tram ride from the city centre. Thankfully, he won't need to even board one of Edinburgh's equally impressive high-tech carriages to find his way to our store.

We've struggled sartorially since Collins, but Der Nutmeister has defo hit the ground running in Bobby's books.

Andy74
25-11-2011, 03:40 PM
He looked a dapper little chap, and I've never seen anybody sport a Hibs tie to such great effect. I'm sure Nutsy knows his way to the Harvey Nichols in South Dublin's Dundrum shopping centre, a short tram ride from the city centre. Thankfully, he won't need to even board one of Edinburgh's equally impressive high-tech carriages to find his way to our store.

We've struggled sartorially since Collins, but Der Nutmeister has defo hit the ground running in Bobby's books.

Aye looked very good. That's the main thing for me. Let's see what sort of overcoat he dons though, that'll be a key moment for him when it gets a bit nippier.

He has a bit of an uphill task on that front with the classic Sauzee overcoat as seen at Dunfy currently leading the way.

Oh, and we havent seen his shoes yet!

bawheid
25-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Going by the footage I've seen on youtube, he seems to be a "tracksuit manager".

This can have been the only nagging doubt in the board's collective mind, and explains the length of time the recruitment process took.

Whilst preferring to see Hibernian managers suitably suited and booted, I can cope with Patrick's more casual approach to the job on two conditions:

1) The tracksuit must be replaced by more fitting attire in the event of the club reaching a semi-final or final.

2) Under no circumstances must he been seen standing on the touchline wearing a baseball cap. Leave that for jakey tramps like Levein, Frail and Robertson.

Jack
25-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Aye looked very good. That's the main thing for me. Let's see what sort of overcoat he dons though, that'll be a key moment for him when it gets a bit nippier. He has a bit of an uphill task on that front with the classic Sauzee overcoat as seen at Dunfy currently leading the way. Oh, and we havent seen his shoes yet! He has no need to wear shoes. He actually floats about 6" off the ground, this also gives the impression he is taller than he really is. FACT ENDOF ETC.

le bill
25-11-2011, 03:49 PM

he has a stunning resemblance to my mate keithsansiro! if your on keith is that you thats got the gig?:greengrin

Don Giovanni
25-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Oh, and we havent seen his shoes yet! Platforms :agree: :greengrin

Hibbyradge
25-11-2011, 03:55 PM
First glimpse of the shoes! (http://www.snspix.com/5830545/print/5830545.html)

At The Edge
25-11-2011, 03:57 PM
The tie he had on, is that a new issue?
anyway agree Bob he looked pretty dapper with his tie slightly off centre, how all the hipkids wear them, impressed as well with the pinstripe suit.

As long as a cardigan doesn't make an appearance.............

Dashing Bob S
25-11-2011, 04:02 PM
Aye looked very good. That's the main thing for me. Let's see what sort of overcoat he dons though, that'll be a key moment for him when it gets a bit nippier.

He has a bit of an uphill task on that front with the classic Sauzee overcoat as seen at Dunfy currently leading the way.

Oh, and we havent seen his shoes yet!

Overcoat. Shoes.

Nail. Head.

bigkenny
25-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Don't expect to bump into him in High & Mighty. But seriously he could shop at The Salvation Army as long as he started winning games and playing football.

AndyM_1875
25-11-2011, 04:09 PM
Don't expect to bump into him in High & Mighty. But seriously he could shop at The Salvation Army as long as he started winning games and playing football.

Afraid I'm with Bob on this Kenny.
A Hibernian manager should show a certain degree of style. Pat has started well and I like to see a Hibs manager in a dark suit, tie and wearing black shoes.

Puma Club jackets and baseball caps are for the coaching staff.

WindyMiller
25-11-2011, 04:14 PM
Platforms :agree: :greengrin

http://mensplatformshoes.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Mens-Platform-Shoes.jpg

Saorsa
25-11-2011, 04:20 PM
He could come tae work in green pyjamas for all I care, what he does with the team on the park is my only concern.

Stevie Reid
25-11-2011, 04:22 PM
The club tie does indeed look great.

Don Giovanni
25-11-2011, 04:27 PM
http://mensplatformshoes.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Mens-Platform-Shoes.jpg Ooooh! Nice! Not sure about the Maltese Cross (think thats steppin' on our footballing brothers, Hibernians FC, toes) but a set of green skull and cross bones...

ShanksSaidNo
25-11-2011, 04:28 PM
First glimpse of the shoes! (http://www.snspix.com/5830545/print/5830545.html)

Yes. (pumps fist!)

A really nice pair of shoes
Shapely yet not too pointy
Shiney yet not overly flashy.

Fenlon my man, welcome aboard.

--------
25-11-2011, 04:42 PM
Are we sure he isn't Martin O'Neill in disguise?

Andy74
25-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Yes. (pumps fist!)

A really nice pair of shoes
Shapely yet not too pointy
Shiney yet not overly flashy.

Fenlon my man, welcome aboard.

Aye the boy's done good there.

fat freddy
25-11-2011, 04:53 PM
i think we're getting ahead of ourselves here due to his stubborn resolve in denying us a wee deek at his hosiery...in short, the sock issue has yet to be resolved and until we know if his socks are of hibs quality we wont know if he is the man to take the club forward.

WeAreHibs
25-11-2011, 04:57 PM
A Hibernian manager should show a certain degree of style. Pat has started well and I like to see a Hibs manager in a dark suit, tie and wearing black shoes.

I'm with you there fella, brown should never be worn in or with a suit. Please dont get me started on short leave shirts in business!!!!!!!!!!

Andy74
25-11-2011, 05:12 PM

Fenlon must go. He was wearing a club jacket over his suit in the Sky interview I think.

Hibbyradge
25-11-2011, 05:13 PM
Please dont get me started on short leave shirts in business!!!!!!!!!!

What's a short leave shirt? :confused:

Andy74
25-11-2011, 05:30 PM
What's a short leave shirt? :confused:

It's one you wear if you only have the one day off.

Hibbyradge
25-11-2011, 05:36 PM
It's one you wear if you only have the one day off.

:thumbsup: :top marks

hibsbollah
25-11-2011, 05:40 PM
His body language was spot on too. No drooping shoulders or passive aggressive shoulder hugging a la Calderwood. Bollah joins Bobby in being pleasantly surprised by our new Irish kapitan's non verbals. Like a young De Valera.

degenerated
25-11-2011, 08:44 PM
I'm with you there fella, brown should never be worn in or with a suit. Please dont get me started on short leave shirts in business!!!!!!!!!!

Bunkum, a light brown wingtip is wholeheartedly acceptable with a grey suit. :agree:

nonshinyfinish
25-11-2011, 08:50 PM
Bunkum, a light brown wingtip is wholeheartedly acceptable with a grey suit. :agree:

And, obviously, with a blue suit.