PDA

View Full Version : Bohemians

frazeHFC
25-11-2011, 01:56 PM
I just noticed that Bohemians have released all of their players! I know they are in severe trouble but that shocked me a bit.

More chance of us going for 1 or 2? Killian Brennan is the one most people would assume we would look at.

Thoughts?

SteveHFC
25-11-2011, 01:57 PM
I just noticed that Bohemians have released all of their players! I know they are in severe trouble but that shocked me a bit.

More chance of us going for 1 or 2? Killian Brennan is the one most people would assume we would look at.

Thoughts?

FM Legend :agree:

I could see us make a move for Brian Murphy on loan who is at QPR.

Dashing Bob S
25-11-2011, 01:58 PM

Thoughts?

Leave it to Nutsy - he'll know best. If there is a real young talent or a solid pro with an engine or a strong tackle and good positional sense, I doubt he'll be looking a gift horse in the mouth.

HibeeMG
25-11-2011, 02:04 PM
It's one thing that's wrong with the transfer window rules.

Even although these guys are now free agents they won't be allowed to sign for another club until January. Not the best time of year to have that hanging over you.

I think if you are a free agent for whatever reason you should be able to sign and play for a club regardless of transfer windows.

Andy74
25-11-2011, 02:07 PM

Thoughts?

Did the same last year and the budget was cut from 1.8m euros to 250k euros.

To get 5th place in those circumstances isn't bad at all. His recent record of not winning has to be seen in this light.

Seanair
25-11-2011, 02:29 PM

Thoughts?

Tempting to think that PF will bring a batch of new talent with him. Having suffered Clegg, McBride etc, coming with Hughes (and luckily missing out on Barr), then Thornhill etc.coming with Calderwood, I can only hope that PF's judgement of what is a good player is better than his predecessors.

Andy74
25-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Tempting to think that PF will bring a batch of new talent with him. Having suffered Clegg, McBride etc, coming with Hughes (and luckily missing out on Barr), then Thornhill etc.coming with Calderwood, I can only hope that PF's judgement of what is a good player is better than his predecessors.

Nothing wrong with McBride who was a key player before getting injured.

Cregg was unlucky we landed Miller but didn't do much wrong.

I don't think we 'suffered' them.

basehibby
25-11-2011, 02:47 PM

Has he got a wee radio show that he does on the side then?

The Tubs
25-11-2011, 03:35 PM

Stokes wasnae bad anaw.

Gettin' Auld
25-11-2011, 03:45 PM

Isn't that the guy from George & Mildred? :greengrin

Hibs07p
25-11-2011, 04:26 PM
It's one thing that's wrong with the transfer window rules.

Even although these guys are now free agents they won't be allowed to sign for another club until January. Not the best time of year to have that hanging over you.

I think if you are a free agent for whatever reason you should be able to sign and play for a club regardless of transfer windows.

I think they could play as amateurs, defer payments until January.
I suppose thats what Vlad's doing at Tynie. :greengrin

Green&White
25-11-2011, 04:46 PM
where are you getting this from? i have searched high and low and there is no news report of this ever happening. :confused:

Eyrie
25-11-2011, 06:46 PM
They released all their players at the end of their season due to the same financial pressures that enabled us to get Fenlon without paying any compensation.

Devonhibs
25-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Nutsy?:confused: I must have misses something?:thumbsup:

Feed McGraw
25-11-2011, 07:13 PM
Nothing wrong with McBride who was a key player before getting injured.

Cregg was unlucky we landed Miller but didn't do much wrong.

I don't think we 'suffered' them.

IMO, McBride is an average footballer who for us, at best, was just `ok`. Cregg was a signing who never really got a chance, I won`t say what I thought of Hughes as a Manager because I think it`s time to move on and I know you are one of his defenders - of course that`s your perogative, but I`d like to focus on wee Pat and what he`s gonna do for us. Got a good feeling about him.

greenlex
25-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Isn't that the guy from George & Mildred? :greengrin

I am sure it is Auld yin. Top tache IIRC.

SteveHFC
25-11-2011, 09:34 PM
I am sure it is Auld yin. Top tache IIRC.

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsM/12560.gif :greengrin

greenlex
25-11-2011, 09:40 PM
http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsM/12560.gif :greengrin

That's the fellae. :agree:

Hibernia Na Eir
26-11-2011, 09:47 AM
Given our current plight, we could do worse than go for 1 or 2 out of contract Bohs boys.

Bohstron
26-11-2011, 02:10 PM
you'll find its not just Bohs players that are available for free, something like 90% of the players are out of contract due to the Clubs finantial woes as seen on this list http://pfai.ie/transfer-list

Fenlon will be very aware of the bargains to be had in Ireland, at first glance dont be too surprised to see Eamon Zayed (Irish born Libyan international) Conor Powell (Irish U21 International) Killian Brennan (set- piece genius) and Glen Cronin (a hard tackling midfielder a favourite of Fenlon's at Bohs)

Dashing Bob S
26-11-2011, 02:20 PM
you'll find its not just Bohs players that are available for free, something like 90% of the players are out of contract due to the Clubs finantial woes as seen on this list http://pfai.ie/transfer-list

Fenlon will be very aware of the bargains to be had in Ireland, at first glance dont be too surprised to see Eamon Zayed (Irish born Libyan international) Conor Powell (Irish U21 International) Killian Brennan (set- piece genius) and Glen Cronin (a hard tackling midfielder a favourite of Fenlon's at Bohs)

Bring them all.

SurferRosa
26-11-2011, 03:30 PM

We`ll take the lot.......:agree:

Andy74
26-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Eamon Zayed? Superb.