PDA

View Full Version : Pat Fenlon interview on Sky Sports News

iwasthere1972
25-11-2011, 12:45 PM
In case anyone missed it. Apologies for the quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fRDnaDFRMg

:flag: :flag: :flag:

The Green Goblin
25-11-2011, 12:46 PM
thanks for posting

HibeeMG
25-11-2011, 12:53 PM
It's so much better having the East Stand as a backdrop to these interviews on SSN.

I know from experience what people down South think we are like as a club. I know that they will raise an eyebrow when they see our stadium on the telly.

iwasthere1972
25-11-2011, 12:57 PM
It's so much better having the East Stand as a backdrop to these interviews on SSN.

I know from experience what people down South think we are like as a club. I know that they will raise an eyebrow when they see our stadium on the telly.

:agree: The old east stand served it's purpose and will be missed for numerous reasons but it really let down the rest of the stadium on looks. It now looks the business.

Broken Gnome
25-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Such a drag for Luke Shanley, working for Sky and interviewing Hibs' new manager.... :greengrin

iwasthere1972
25-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Such a drag for Luke Shanley, working for Sky and interviewing Hibs' new manager.... :greengrin

At least he knows he's guaranteed one assignment per year.

scott7_0(Prague)
25-11-2011, 01:18 PM

Right, so seeing a lot of green seats will improve our status down south................. :confused:

Good interview though.

Hibbyradge
25-11-2011, 01:23 PM
Right, so seeing a lot of green seats will improve our status down south................. :confused:

Good interview though.

It creates a much better impression than the east stand used to, so that must increase our status in people's minds, no?

DAVE1875
25-11-2011, 01:24 PM

Good interview though.

I think they are meaning along the lines of tiny wee East Stand whose floodlight towers are bigger than the stand itself<Nice big new modern stand which matches the other stands

Dashing Bob S
25-11-2011, 01:24 PM

Good interview though.

No, I'm with MG. Most English viewers expect a Scottish stadium outside Ibrox/Parkhead to be a crumbling slum (PBS) or titchy half-tier mechano set, (Sainetes 1 and 2) and will be blown away by the Premiership class of our wonderful arena. Every visitor/relative from Engerlund whom I've taken along to the new ER has been pleasantly surprised.

We've been so crap on the field for the last few years, our ground is one thing we can take a little pride in.

HibeeMG
25-11-2011, 01:26 PM

Good interview though.

Actually, in a way, yes.

It's not really our status as such but I know that some people will be surprised that we've got one such stand never mind four of them!

Most people's overriding impression of Scottish grounds outwith the OF is stadiums of similar quality of the Conference. The fact that even a small interview like that shows our stadium to be as impressive as it is shouldn't be sneered at.

It's only a minor thing but I like the fact that we've got a stadium to be proud of.

GreenCastle
25-11-2011, 01:35 PM
No, I'm with MG. Most English viewers expect a Scottish stadium outside Ibrox/Parkhead to be a crumbling slum (PBS) or titchy half-tier mechano set, (Sainetes 1 and 2) and will be blown away by the Premiership class of our wonderful arena. Every visitor/relative from Engerlund whom I've taken along to the new ER has been pleasantly surprised.

We've been so crap on the field for the last few years, our ground is one thing we can take a little pride in.

:agree::thumbsup:

True - since there hasn't been much else to shout about we may as well compliment the stadium - positivity never hurts :greengrin

Zondervan
25-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Official Hibs TV Interview (in part) now on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/user/HibernianTV?ob=5

Brebners Bookie
25-11-2011, 01:47 PM
Not being funny but what the hell does he say when the guy asks hima bout BB and the backroom staff. Thats the only real question in there and i couldnt make out his answer?

HibeeMG
25-11-2011, 01:48 PM

Yep. good to see Pat agreeing with me about the perception of the club! :greengrin

Andy74
25-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Not being funny but what the hell does he say when the guy asks hima bout BB and the backroom staff. Thats the only real question in there and i couldnt make out his answer?

He said he'd talk to them on Sunday and Monday and people would know then.

IWasThere2016
25-11-2011, 01:53 PM
It creates a much better impression than the east stand used to, so that must increase our status in people's minds, no?

True - as would the West

IWasThere2016
25-11-2011, 01:53 PM
In case anyone missed it. Apologies for the quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fRDnaDFRMg

:flag: :flag: :flag:

Cheers for that

:pfgwa

Brebners Bookie
25-11-2011, 01:55 PM
He said he'd talk to them on Sunday and Monday and people would know then.

Cheers. That sounds like he's being allowed to do what he wants with his backroom team. Hope so anyway.

Jack
25-11-2011, 02:14 PM
He looks as pleased as punch to be here. That's good.

Hibbyradge
25-11-2011, 02:19 PM
True - as would the West

:faf:

As far as I know, the West didn't replace the old east stand.

Dashing Bob S
25-11-2011, 02:21 PM
He looks as pleased as punch to be here. That's good.

Definitely - such a change to see Nutsy enthusiastic and itching to get stuck in up to his itchy nuts in the club. It makes a change to se a guy switched on rather than squinting at his phone application to find out the next flight time to East Midderlands airport.

Andy74
25-11-2011, 02:36 PM

With apologies to all Hibs fans with English accents I can never take that Hibs TV Interviewer seriously!

IWasThere2016
25-11-2011, 02:45 PM
:faf:

As far as I know, the West didn't replace the old east stand.

As a backdrop ya plum :greengrin

Hibbyradge
25-11-2011, 02:48 PM
As a backdrop ya plum :greengrin

Aye, I got that, ya plum.

I was laughing at your inability to accept there may actually be something good about the new East. :na na: