PDA

View Full Version : Could the Holy Grail be just around the corner?

MB62
25-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Whilst I am a bit non plussed about Pat Fenlon becoming our new manager, that is more to do with the apathy I am feeling at the moment towards everything Hibernian rather than Pat himself, I do wish the man all the very best of Irish.

In saying this, it was pointed out to me that both times we have won the Scottish Cup, the Irish have been charge of us, so maybe Pat's appointment could be just the thing needed to bring the Holy Grail back to ER.

GGTTH

Spike Mandela
25-11-2011, 12:52 PM
Whilst I am a bit non plussed about Pat Fenlon becoming our new manager, that is more to do with the apathy I am feeling at the moment towards everything Hibernian rather than Pat himself, I do wish the man all the very best of Irish.

In saying this, it was pointed out to me that both times we have won the Scottish Cup, the Irish have been charge of us, so maybe Pat's appointment could be just the thing needed to bring the Holy Grail back to ER.

GGTTH

Not another omen, i thought we had used up every conceivable one going:rolleyes::wink:

lyonhibs
25-11-2011, 01:00 PM

GGTTH

The Scottish Cup has always been "just around the corner" for Hibs, sadly.

It'll take more than an Irishman in charge to change that I fear.

Hibbyradge
25-11-2011, 01:04 PM
I genuinely don't want Hibs to win the cup for some time yet.

The Yams have enough on their plates at the moment and I fear if we remove the only modicum of joy that they have in their lives (their exclusive special relationship with the Scottish Cup), it may be too much for them.

It's the folk that clean up the bodies "falling" off North Bridge that I feel sorry for.

francobaresi
25-11-2011, 01:15 PM

The Yams have enough on their plates at the moment and I fear if we remove the only modicum of joy that they have in their lives (their exclusive special relationship with the Scottish Cup), it may be too much for them.

It's the folk that clean up the bodies "falling" off North Bridge that I feel sorry for.

Then again.....:wink:

jacomo
25-11-2011, 01:34 PM
Then again.....:wink:

Can't think of a better way of celebrating their relegation. :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
25-11-2011, 01:53 PM

For roughly the same reasons I'd like us not only to win it immediately but retain it for the next five years, each of those years punctuated by Yam decline ranging from fire sale of players, relegation, loss of Tynecastle, relegation again, ground share with Livvy, extinction for a season (but still strangely eligible for the Scottish Cup), reconstitution and ground share at Meadowbank. And I'd like to meet them on the way to every final within that time frame.

And yes, I have biblical visions of 400,000 maroon-clad bodies washed up on the coasts of Lothian and Fife, being chewed on by squawking seagulls. The Somme would be a Sunday school picnic, though perhaps best not mention the word 'school' or they might resurrect zombie-like and lurch groaning towards the nearest one or at least an internet cafe.

Geo_1875
25-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Doln't mention the war.........

Hal Jordan
25-11-2011, 01:55 PM
King Arthur's folk ken whit's gawn oan likesay.

bawheid
25-11-2011, 01:57 PM
Ah well...jinxed for another year!

Hibbyradge
25-11-2011, 01:58 PM
For roughly the same reasons I'd like us not only to win it immediately but retain it for the next five years, each of those years punctuated by Yam decline ranging from fire sale of players, relegation, loss of Tynecastle, relegation again, ground share with Livvy, extinction for a season (but still strangely eligible for the Scottish Cup), reconstitution and ground share at Meadowbank. And I'd like to meet them on the way to every final within that time frame.

And yes, I have biblical visions of 400,000 maroon-clad bodies washed up on the coasts of Lothian and Fife, being chewed on by squawking seagulls. The Somme would be a Sunday school picnic, though perhaps best not mention the word 'school' or they might resurrect zombie-like and lurch groaning towards the nearest one or at least an internet cafe.

:faf:

Kato
25-11-2011, 02:13 PM
One of the worst things I ever heard a football manager say was when Hughes gave that interview bigging up the club's "jinx" with that trophy. Calling it the "Holy Grail" and going on about winning it was hardly the best way to take pressure off his players. Any professional manager would have gave the "one game at a time" line and the interview along.

hibsbollah
26-11-2011, 08:32 AM
Its in the bag. FACT, 'end of', 'period'.

Judas Iscariot
26-11-2011, 09:31 AM
I don't think we'll ever win it again :dummytit: